Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

Standard Chartered Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 11, 2007. The latest review SME bridging loan was posted on Nov 29, 2020. The latest complaint credit card fraudulent charges was resolved on Nov 16, 2014. Standard Chartered Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 107 reviews. Standard Chartered Bank has resolved 39 complaints.

Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service Contacts

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia

1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews

Nov 29, 2020

Standard Chartered Bank — SME bridging loan

Dear Mr Patrick and Officer in Charge Good day to all. I beseech if you could review how your credit team...

Standard Chartered BankAdditional money deductions in loan payment

I'm writing this in disappointment, I have been informed with the customer care executive through call several times, that my Personal Loan amount is not auto debited where it should be by every month of 5. But still, I don't see any changes happening every time I'm Paying it manually, and for the COVID 19 issue, I have not opted for the Moratorium but for last two months the money is not been deducted again. I have other loans which has not giving any issue without informing anything they are doing the work correctly except with Standard Chartered.

I don't want any moratorium and there is no one informing about the procedures for the rules and we are running in busy with other stuff and could not look into this kind of issues every time. I could see Interest is added to my account.

I need this mistake should not happen in future and immediately clear by debts for the past months as well, I don't want that to be added to my principle balance anymore or any further deductions.

Mar 13, 2020

Standard Chartered Bank — Mail real or fake

Standard Chartered Bank London Address: #.1 Basinghall Ave, London EC2V 5DD, United Kingdom Wire Transfer...

Feb 22, 2020

Standard Chartered Bank — Credit card

I avail 2 credit cards from my Standard Chartered bank, one Visa platinum and one Master card. Both of these...

Oct 14, 2019

Standard Chartered Bank — scb saadiq home finance

Dear Concerned, It is unfortunate that my complaint is not resolved since May 2019 (SCBPL REF...

Standard Chartered Bankabout scammers

please i need your urgent help, i was contacted by a lady who refered me to the bank, standard chartered bank PLC londan, claiming that i should be his foreign partner to claim financial transfer of her late husband, below are the in information concerning the bank, i need your help is it the right bank or it is a scam

Standardcharter Banklondonuk

Sat, Aug 31, 6:45 PM

to me

website //www. standardchartered.com

Contact officer Mr Andy Halford
    DATE [protected]

Dear Sir,

According to message in our office we have received from MONA HASSAN concerning about you, However before our bank will transact any business concerning the transfer of funds from the account in accordance with international principles of banking, we would like you to send the following document's before the process of the transfer.

1.A power of attorney

2 a statement on oath.

This document must be issue and confirmed by a Senegalese resident lawyer since the MONA HASSAN is currently residing in Senegal.

Note that the above are mandatory and are necessary to protect our interest, yours, a relative of the claims. These shall also ensure that a smooth, rapid and effective transfer of funds is made.

(We promise to give our customers the best of our services).
    If you have any question (s) please contact.

We are waiting for your urgent respond for the process of the transfer into your designated bank account in your country.

Andy Halford
    (Foreign / Bank Officer)
    Principal residence: 1 Aldermanbury Square, London EC2V7SB

Thanks for your co-operatio

about scammers

Standard Chartered Bankremittance

I transfer my money to my account in MCB Bank Karachi from my personal account in HSBC Oman.
      MCB Bank don't have direct contact with HSBC Oman and so my money is transferred via Standard Chartered Bank (intermediate bank).

Every time I transfer the funds, it is quickly deducted from HSBC bank account and a Swift code is issued to me; however funds reach to my MCB account after long delays of 4 to 5 weeks.

MCB inform me that they transfer the funds to my account on same day as they receive them; however Standard Chartered Pakistan keeps the funds in for almost a month to earn interest on my money which in my opinion is illegal, unjustified and unacceptable. This is my hard earned money and Standard Chartered has no authority to keep this money for earn interest.

I have request SC Pakistan many times to stop this illegal and ugly practice and transfer my funds on same day as received from HSBC Oman.

This time I have transferred OMR 5, 000 from HSBC Oman on 29 August 2019 to my MCB bank - and again the amount is deducted from HSBC but has not reached my MCB account. I suspect that Standard Chartered bank will try to use this money on this occasion again.

Below are my Account Details:
      Title: Muhammad Irfan Hussain
      IBAN No. PK74MUCB0004202010135473
      Branch: MCB Nursery Karachi, Pakistan

• Updated by Muhammad Irfan Hussain-1 · Sep 05, 2019

I have launched many complaints and have spoken to Mr. Rizwan at SC Bank Pakistan Remittance department, but he refuses to speak to me and asked me to launch a formal complaint against SC Bank.

Jun 25, 2019

Standard Chartered Bank — savings bank and credit card

I preferred standard chartered Bank for my salaried account and also taken super value titanium credit card...

Standard Chartered Bankreleasing of car loan

I had requested release of Car Loan on 13th June 2019 & SC Bank had deducted all the money required for closure of the auto Loan on 13th June 2019 itself. The Customer care had told me that within 3 working days Car Loan release SMS will get you on your mobile number. Till now i had not received any udate. I called the customer service number many times to get the car loan release update & every time they are replying back you will get it cleared within close of working hours of that day. The same reply is providing every time & they are failing to provide any feedback on what is the real issue of providing the clearance.

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card

I have been a satisfied priority account holder for 7 years in Kenya. When I moved to Abu Dhabi this year I opened a new account, and transferred $100, 000 in order to retain the priority status and I applied for a credit card. 3 months later I was informed (after asking ) that my credit card was declined because I was too old - although I was promised earlier that it wouldn't be a problem.
          I am 67 years old, in good health, I work as regular staff for an international institution and I have net monthly income of $10, 000 that goes into my SCB account.
          Refusing a credit card because of age is ridiculous and discriminatory, and the communication around it unacceptable. I'm going to close this account.

Standard Chartered Bankillegal credit card charges

I have a secondary credit card for my wife as an emergency card which is hardly ever used. On the 19th of May 2019 I went online and saw that the bank has for the first time charged me an additional AED 525 card fees on the same account, which was charged on the 6th of May 2019. When I requested to have the card cancelled and cost reversed I was blackmailed by a Mr. Jaganathan that if I keep the card, they might reverse the charges, but if I cancelled the card I would be liable to pay the charges. Mr. Jaganathan then also closed the complaint himself after throwing down the phone in my ear. During our call he was hostile, evasive and arrogant, as is the norm from my experience over the past 8 years for telephone staff of Standard Chartered. So as I cancelled the secondary card, it would effectively mean that, as the charges are paid in advance, I would be paying for services/benefits for a year for a card that has been cancelled and will no longer be in use. From any perspective this is fraudulent and illegal. Since then I have made numerous phone calls to resolve the matter, and have been lied to numerous times about call back which never happened. Staff remain arrogant and condescending.

Standard Chartered Bankovercharged bank interest

I am writing to lodge a complaint on the interest charges that Standard Chartered Bank(SCB) Malaysia has slammed on me and to request the board to look to this unfair and unreasonable treatment by the bank.

Timeline of the event is as follow:

22/9/18    SCB called and informed that I have insufficient fund in my Current account to clear a cheque of RM260K. I told the bank I have sufficient fund in my Saving account and

will do an internal transfer by internet. On the same day and within minutes  of the phone conversation with SCB, I transferred RM260K to the current account. There was
                               no further options offered by SCB and I assumed everything was in order.

23/9/18    SCB processed the RM260K cheque.

30/9/18    SCB charged me with RM222.45 of overdrawn bank interest

My complaints for SCB Malaysia's unfair and unreasonable treatment are as follow:

1) Why overdrawn interest is charged even though money was transferred to the current account?

2) Why did SCB not let the cheque bounce if the current account has iinsufficient fund?

3) Why did SCB not offer options when they found insufficient fund in the current account?

4) SCB charged interest rate equivalent of more than 15% pa, I don't believe this is reasonable at all considering I have sufficient fund sitting in my saving account.

Jan 17, 2019

Standard Chartered Bank — personal loan ecs issue

I had taken personal loan ([protected]) from standard chartered bank in June 2017 and the ECS debit started from...

Gurgaon

Standard CharteredProvide unqualified service to their card holder

Standard chartered such a large bank but having a unqualified service for his credit card holder. I'm super disappointed!!!
                I calling for request waive amf rm600, my report no: [protected] (staff name: alex)
                The staff ask me to call back again after 3days for follow up this case, because waiting for approve. Why is it so troublesome? Citi bank can direct done it. Never let citi bank customer to call back for follow up the case. Citi bank will call for their customer to follow up.
                Can you all see the difference???
                So I continue request for waive my another card service tax rm25. Alex reject it because saying my card not enough spending. Ask me after spend rm200 only try call back to standard chartered customer service for request waive and it need take 3days and also not confirm it will be waive."you need to call back and ask, follow back your case"
                Ok!! Again...3 days call back customer service to check yourself again!!!
                Why soooooooo troublesome???
                Today I call standard chartered for asking cancel my 1 credit card. The lady staff said :"miss, you have to make the payment of rm25 service tax 1st and call back to us for request for cancellation the credit card"
                Again, why soooooooo troublesome???
                I already mention i'm not in my country now, calling will be troublesome for me, I asking for other solution, like can e-mail?? Or other solution or any better suggestion??? But the answer still the same"you must call bcak and check yourself"
                Why so troublesome??? What attitude this bank presence??? What a bad thing!!! Employee attitude is not friendly,there is no willingness to assist at all!!!

Standard chartered provide unqualified service to their card holder.

Bests regards,
                Shirol lim

Standard Chartered Bankincorrect bank transfer of my fund

Delayed response from an international bank. no status update yet.

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your communication dated 24 October 2018.
                  Further to our earlier mail requesting for additional 3 days time to address
                  your concerns, yet it requires additional time than anticipated, for a detailed
                  investigation to address your concerns. We would revert to you with our
                  resolution shortly.
                  We solicit your patience and co operation in this regard.

Assuring you of our best services always,

Yours sincerely,

On Behalf of Standard Chartered Bank

Haseena
                  Officer - Customer Care

Standard Chartered Bankamount debited to incorrect account or in suspense but no reply from bank yet

Citizen cooperative Bank Manori Branch has officially mage the below complaint on )5 October but has not yet received and acknowledgment or a reply from STANDARD CHARTERED BANK.
                    We call this a Bank British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England, and its definitely not acceptable from a great Bank like this to be so unprofessional.

Original Mail from CITIZEN Bank
                    ----- Original Message -----
                    From: Manori Branch
                    To: anirutha verma
                    Sent: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 09:41:23 +0530 (IST)
                    Subject: Fwd: Fwd: Refund Of amount
                    Dear Team,
                    We have done NEFT for a customer Mr.Dean Pereira holding a Saving's account with us on 10/09/2018 for Amount Rs.5, 250/- payable to Booking.com Account No- [protected] IFSC- SCBL0036085.
                    However the customer had mentioned the account Number as [protected], so the following beneficiary has not received the Refund in the account. UTR NO for the Transaction is [protected].
                    We kindly request you to refund the said amount back to customers account.
                    Name- Dean Pereira
                    A/c No- 209026-[protected] IFSC- CCBL0209026

Appreciate if you could reach me on [protected] or email me on [protected]@gmail.com as i am joint holder of this account.

Savina Pereira

Standard Chartered Bank — service very bad

I was a loyal Standard Chartered credit cardholder (C/C No: [protected]) since year 2009 & make the...

Standard Chartered Bankdelay of opening an acount

We note that on Friday, 31/08/2018 applied for opening an account with approximately 8 people all wanted colleagues to open an account with Standard Chartered Bank branch bank in Lahore-Pakistan where we bring all the required documents and filling out forms for a Bank and then Bank reported They need a week 7 days to do searches and investigation note that so far we haven't heard any response from the Bank's management and that make us worry that these calculations could be exploited for illegal purposes such as money laundering or other purposes doesn't know about it damage us.
                      I hope to manage bank doing the investigation during the next 24 hours we will March to the Prosecutor and police that the Bank had performed illegal acts to protect ourselves from any exploitation of our reputation in our States that belong to them and are as follows:
                      1. Mohamed Faisal alkaidi UAE
                      8. darmsari Sri Lanka
                      9. Amr Moustafa Egypt
                      contact number [protected]//[protected]

Standard Chartered Bank — pakistan / customer service response

Dear sir/madam, i am client of standard chartered bank. I just booked my mobile iphone 8 on 06.June.2018...

Lahore

Standard Chartered Bankdelayed credit card amount reversal

I'm one of the card holder of standard chartered bank UAE. Recently i asked for a card closure letter and excess amount reversal service from the bank after being fed up with their service. As expected the back end staff were extremely lazy and are not aware of the standard operating procedures. The main problem is the banks poorly defined procedures and processes. There is no accountability whatsoever on any of the banking staffs leading to a question marks on the banks credibility. With this experience I am very sure that this is the same case across all its branches in world. This team is a bunch of headless chicken running around, clueless and trying to do something. It requires 10 email reminders and 17 calls and 10 calendar days for the bank to understand the requirement and then issue a closure letter. In this era of technological advancement, here we have a classical example of stone age banking with lazy, incompetent staffs. Although I have received my closure letter, the reversal cheque is yet to be issued. I have stopped putting in reminders and started praying to GOD as the only hope. Because I'm sure there will not be any response from these people.