Menu
Barclays Bank
reviews & complaints

Barclays Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

203 complaints
98 resolved 105 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Barclays Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:40 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a Barclays Bank credit card in 2007 and 2008. I have not used this card since 2008. My husband had 7 heart attacks and bi-pass surgery and we almost lost everything. We should have gone bankrupt. I have settled all my debt except Barclays Bank. All my creditors settled for 20% of the debt owed and we very understanding about the medical problems, but...

Y
4:29 pm

Barclays Bank - Dealing with unauthorized transactions

Barclay's Visa card refused to deal with an unauthorized charge on my account from a taxi company. I paid for a taxi in cash because the cab driver claimed that my credit card did not go through. Then, I received a second charge on my Visa card for the cab fee, $135. Rather than take care of this for me as their customer, Visa placed the burden of proof on me and were unwilling to help me without a receipt for my cash transaction.

F
9:18 pm

Barclays Bank - Worst customer service

I've been calling this card to have them close my account. They would put me on hold for a long time and I would get tired of waiting for like 5 minutes while they read their notes or study what to do next! Because I hang-up on them (both on purpose and inadvertently this last time) this last agent that I talked to (Windy or Wendy) decided to block my card. She then put on the notes that I had to go to a bank, go out of my way, bring an Id and make a cash advance. It's just a waste of my time for just closing this account! I called their complaint department but put me on hold for like 20 minutes! I was getting frustrated for me to really wait that long! Screw this card! I will breath a lot easier once this account is closed! Even closing is a pain! Stupid agents!

Z
Feb 15, 2013 9:58 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

cut it up and send it back

9:30 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Barclays Bank - A trap set up by barclays!

I just found out how Barclays made unethical money! We are a small business owner, and we have two accounts, one is called Current Account, and the other is Deposit Account. Current Account is for all the daily activities, like payments and receipts, while Deposit Account is for your cash to earn some interest ( like there is any nowadays). Our business is going through refurbishments, so we are replenish the accounts by transferring funds from other overseas account. We made sure we had enough funds there, but later, we realized there were still declined payments, and the bank charged us 35 pounds for each declined payments! There were total 9 such charges in September alone, so total 315 pounds in one month! Later we understood, there was an auto-transfer put in place between the two account, so at the end of each day, the bank auto-transferred all the surplus funds in the Current Account to the Deposit Account, no wonder the next day when the company had outgoing payments, it was declined! After I found out this mechanics, I immediately told the relationship manager to cancel this auto-transfer (we were told, we were charged monthly fee for this auto-transfer service!). I was very angry as I told him this is a trap for Barclays to bounce payments, and make unethical money. Again, our relationship manager offered me 100 pounds of "good will gesture" and told me although he does not want to sound "dismissive", he thinks nothing positive will come out of this! Unbelievable employee. He told me his is a director of this bank (what a shame), and I am not, so I am not in a position to talk to him.

L
8:59 am

Barclays Bank - This is disgusting and i'm really angry with barclays

I went to the petrol station last night and tried to pay for my fuel with my Barclaycard. It was declined twice.

The cashier called a number that the till display was showing and after about half an hour of standing there waiting for somebody to come online, I had to answer a series of security questions. Great.

Never happened before, but if it's just a random security thing, I don't mind.

Fast forward to this morning. I go to check my account online to see whether my rent has been paid, but I find my account locked and have to ring another number.

After another lifetime on hold, I have to answer the same security questions and basically tell this bloke on the other end of the phone all my recent transactions and standing orders. How invasive is this? Also, because of the block, my landlord didn't get the rent so now I've got to grovel to him and explain that I am good for it - Barclays cocked up.

This is disgusting and I'm really angry with Barclays...but what I can I do? I'm just one person against this massive machine.

C
4:11 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I filed for a Barclays Bank credit line to purchase an Apple computer. I have all the credit cards I need . but I wanted 12-18 months no interest on a Barclays credit line. I have American Express gold Car, Discover card, Bank of America credit card, Capital one credit card, Best buy line of credit $1800. These ### refused to give me a line of credit for...

9:03 am

Barclays Bank - Closed account fees and interest

I paid off my account on 1/13/12 and four business days later, I noted that Barclay Bank/Juniper have not yet closed my account. I called them three separate times to ask that they close the account and finally on 1/23/12 (twelve calender days after they were paid) they sent a letter with a total balance due the difference between the amount I sent them and the payoff letter is interest and fees which they have added unto the account. On 1/252012 ( eight business days later my payoff check was cashed).

During the same period when my account was supposed to be off, they charged me interest and fees. Having realized their zealousness, they reserved the interest fees, but still charged me for the fees. However, both the fees and interest are derived from the total amount owed according to their statement. I paid the fee as soon as I received their statement in April, but they claimed that the fees was paid late and therefore, I owe them the fees plus late payment.

I spoke with a supervisor on 5/1/2012 and the lady having put me through repetitions and trying to me understand that they were doing me a favor, offer to made a deal to pay the late fees because according to her, the bank has already helped me by waving the interest fees on an account with zero balance and more importantly one that should have been closed on 1/13/2012.

I paid off my account on 1/13/12 and four business days later, I noted that they have not yet closed my account. I called them three separate times to ask that they close the account and finally on 1/23/12 (twelve calendar days after they were paid) they sent a letter with a total balance due the difference between the amount I sent them and the payoff letter is interest and fees which they have added unto the account. On 1/252012 (eight business days my payoff check was cashed).

During the same period when my account was supposed to be paid off, they charged me interest and fees. Having realized their over zealousness, they reserved the interest fees, but still charged me for the fees. However, both the fees and interest are derived from the total amount owed according to their statement. I paid the fee as soon as I received their statement in April, but they claimed that the fee was paid late and therefore, I owe them the fees plus late payment.

I spoke with a supervisor on 5/1/2012 and the lady having put me through repetitions and trying to make me understand that they were doing me a favor, offer to made a deal with me to pay the late fees because according to her, the bank has already helped me by waving the interest fees on an account with zero balance and more importantly one that should have been closed on 1/13/2012 or when I called them on 1/17/2012, 1/20/2012 and 1/24/2012

My take on this, is that Barclay Bank/Juniper engaged in consumer ripoff and scam in order to get more money from customers whose accounts are supposed to be closed. I am sending this matter to my state attorney general's office for action.

When I closed my account with them, I also closed two other account, surprise surprise, the two other credit cards closed my accounts and I have not had any problems except for Barclay Bank/Juniper. When I brought this to the attention of the lady I spoke with, she tried waving that away as different from how Barclay Bank/Juniper does business.

I refused to be shafted by Barclay Bank/Juniper I have paid them what I owe them and refused to give them any more of my money. Documents will be made available upon inquiry to verify facts related to this matter. Thank you for reading.

9:08 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Barclays Bank - A very pissed of customer!!!

Dear All,

I have had the misfortune to deal with Barclays Bank, actually I bank with them and I often wonder why? This bank by far is the worst bank I have every dealt with in my life and I have worked for so many. When I joined them 10 months back they enticed me to bank with them by saying they would give me products so I could bank with them solely. Of course after I transferred my salary and wished to apply for a credit card they said my company wasn’t listed and I had to wait for a while. A while turned into 7months and finally a bank representative out of the blue on his own contacted me asking me if I was interested in applying for a credit card. I was actually quite surprised and asked if he was sure I could apply as the bank had told me initially I wasn’t eligible as my company wasn’t listed. He assured me that it was ok and I should give him all my documents. Let me tell you it’s been 3 months and I still haven’t received my CREDIT CARD! I have been in touch with the sales representative Mr. Umar 055 2049012 and he has been actually pleasant enough + very cooperative by actually listening to me and getting my case forward. I see no fault of his however, he then tried to put me in contact with his so called Boss Mr. Vishan Khan 050 9976982 who I was told when he gives his word always sticks to it. He has been promising me for the past 4 weeks that he will have my card approved, delivered by giving me a different date each time. I am due to go on leave and that was the whole point of me applying the card in the first place. He even made me change my leave date several times by PROMISING me that he will have the card delivered. Now he doesn’t even answer my calls!. Which I frankly think is even more frustrating. Now the new excuse is that my card has finally gone for printing and came back with my name wrongly spelt. Please note my name and last name has just 4 letters each “Ritu Kaul’ How can anyone make a spelling mistake!

How does anyone wait for 3 months for a Credit card! I have banks dying to give me business but I thought no, I should bank with BARCLAYS as my account is with them and it would be list easier. I should have known as lot of people had warned me against banking with you. I think you love losing your customers I want to give you business and you push me away.

I wish I had complained earlier but I was giving YOUR GUYS time and counting on their false promises but not anymore. I am so done!

Frankly I am very disappointed with the BANK and its employees. They come up with a dumb excuse each time. I promise you if I don’t receive my card latest by Feb 23 Thursday morning 11AM, I will make sure my case is taken to the CENTRAL BANK!

And this is a warning I am very much going to do!

Update by Ritu KAUL
Feb 22, 2012 5:35 am

I actually wont be suprised considering the amount of BS they give you each time you ask them why the wait!

A

Why do we have to suffer these useless Indian call centres?I agree all you get is told just hold the line, then when you do get someone they seem to speak English but not understand it and repeat the same things parrot fashion, is it from a script?Just spent 22mins.50secs. talking to them and got nowhere.When banks fail, we bail them out, we also pay huge bonuses or pension/shares pots to the big wigs, so why won't they provide jobs to our countrymen and give us the service we want.

8:51 pm

Barclays Bank - One of barclays associates has been harassing me via text

One of Barclays associates has been harassing me via text. I called Barclays hoping to have this issue resolved before it got to out of hand. I was routed several times to an automated machine prompting me to enter a new 5 digit extension which never connected me to a live person. I finally got through after I pressed charges, and signed a warrent for this indivual's arrest. I was given a fax number so that I could fax over my police report for their employee. One of the messages I recieved was a picture mail, and Barclays computer screen was in the background displaying a customers personal infomation. This is in violation of the Hippa laws.

11:03 am

Barclays Bank - Harrassment claiming non payment

Dear Sir,

I and my family members are being harassed by Barclays bank UAE regarding non payment of dues. I submit that I have paid all dues upto December 2011 as required by them. I have also submitted proof of payment including transaction reports from UAE exchange confirming the transaction has been credited to my account. I have been doing so since March 2010 when i relocated to Qatar from UAE during the financial crisis. I have always paid my dues on time and have never defaulted or tried to negotiate with them to reduce my dues.

They are neither providing me with proof of that they have not received the money nor are they accepting the proof that I have paid and instead exponentially incresing my payment dues. The are also calling up my family members in India and harrasing the same.

I am unable to attach the document with all the details and will forward to a mail adress if provided and request your kind assistance in highlighting this matter as I have nobody else to turn to except the media to highlight the issue. I cannot afford a lawyer and the amount due is too small to warrant a civil litigation

I am happy send you and provide all details in this regard. Please help me Urgently
Sanjeeva

T
11:49 pm

Barclays Bank - Paying cancelled dd

As we had moved to another business address we cancelled the advance DD for the rent, We were out of the old and into the new by the 23.12.2011. The cancelled rent was paid on the 25 of the month. I found out that it was still paid (a day earlier) than usual.
we have found that any DD or SO was paid in advance if a company cheque or bacs was due so that we were put into overdraught. This seems to be banking law as it also goes on if you pay in cash, say £1000.00 and the pay a bill the same day they will pay the bill before marking in the cash so you overdraw.
Bankers are all s*%£. They should be shot in front of their families!

1:33 pm

Barclays Bank - International call centres

Do not for the love of God go to Barclaycard Merchant Services. They have moved their call centres to philippines and India. My initial phone call to sort out a trivial matter went from philippines, to India, to Manchester, then Liverpool. I was then put back to philippines to speak to the supervisor Mr Deleon. The person I spoke to in India could not work out the difference between an account number and merchant number. It was quite surreal. I spent 2 hours on this phone call. I have asked for my hourly pay and my phone bill to be paid by Barlcays. When you phone merchant servcies the call centre staff seem to know nothing about small banking matters. Every question you ask them, they need to put you on hold to speak to someone in the UK. If you have more than 1 question, please give yourself at least 30-40 minutes to complete your call. I did ask if I could speak with the people in London so I didnt have to have a 3 way conversation, but apparently the people in London dont like to talk to their customers. So I decided to call up Barclays themselves to try and make a complaint, and was shocked when I heard, that Barclaycard is nothing to do with Barclays! Barclays did not even have a number to make a complaint regarding Barclays merchant services. Shabby, shabby, shabby...!
Barclays has outdone themselves this time with their cost cutting schemes of international call centres. Do yourself a favour, go with merchant service provider!

Update by Anon123123
Jan 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your troubles! I finally got a result from Barclays and a £100 refund for my time and phone calls. Even after 1 year of trouble free trading with no queries regarding PDQ, I was only able to get the PDQ time reduced from 33 to 13 days. Apparently I have to wait another year for it to be reduced to the normal 3! The best thing I can suggest is to arrange finances accordingly around these deferred payment dates. I understand they do this to protect from fraud, but surely it does not take them 33 days to realise it is fradulent! Collectively these deferred payments must amount to millions for Barclays and probably all other banks and they must make a killing through investment of this money whilst new small businesses suffer! I wouldn't hold your breath for the banks to change their ways!

Update by Anon123123
Dec 13, 2011 12:05 pm

So yesterday I spoke with Sarah at Barclaycard Merchant services. They have finally managed to deal with my enquiry 3 weeks down the line and have informed me now that they will no longer hold my PDQ payments for 33 days and it has been reduced to 10 days, since my first years company accounts have been filed and there has been no activity of concern with my PDQ payments. Today I get a call from Esha in the philippenes that my deferred payment is 21 days. Once again, Barclays merchant services has no clue as to what is going on. I told Esha what Sarah had told me and it was the first time she'd heard such a thing. So I gave Esha Sarahs number so they can speak with each other to finalise the situation. (I am not an unofficial manager at Barclays merchant services!) I asked Esha why my payment would be 21 days since I have a perfect record, as far as I can see, Barclays just wants to hold my money so they can make money on it. Not giving a damn about my small business. Makes me sick! I will keep updating this complaint as this situation progresses. Please dont hold your breath.

3 comments
Dec 04, 2012 7:16 pm

They have terminated my contrace and removed my terminal. They are saying im doing fraud. And i asked has the card. Been reported stolen they said no so how is this fraud. Llyods tsb cardnet are good and also stremline

D
Feb 04, 2012 3:07 pm

why do i get charged 2 half percent on top when a take a business debit card.with barclaycard pdq. i have a business debit card and have never been asked to pay extra

I
Jan 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi,
The same thing has happened to us, no depoit no deferred payment, now holding 40k whilst they apparently make a decision on what deposit they need, around 70k they guess or 14 day deferred payment. We are not a massive business and this has brought us to a stand still. Wondered how your complaint has been going?

P
12:18 am

Barclays Bank - Beware

I have had an L.L.Bean branded Barclay VISA card for several years. When I owed anything, I always got a paper bill and wrote a check for the full amount and mailed it to Wilmington, DE. I had no problems.

Last month I ordered a BestWestern branded Barclay MasterCard because it offered a free night after the first use. My bill came electronically and I paid it thru MY bank's Bill Pay service. I had no idea that THIS Barclay card was supposed to be remitted to a different P.O. Box in Philadelphia. How could I know that when it didn't provide a remittance address on the statement they emailed?

Anyway, my due date came and went and no payment posted. I got hit with a $20 late fee. I called three times and finally someone told me that the BestWestern MasterCard payments were not processed in DE, but PA. I have no balance on the VISA card and have asked that they locate this missing payment and post it to the correct account and reverse the late charge. They have lied about setting up a case # on this or attempting to trace the money. I am disgusted. My bank shows this transaction completed on July 1. I don't know what to do!

1:57 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Barclays Bank - Mortgage and funds. .

I am disgusted with the lack of help from Barclays, , I have sent letters, , emails to my bank in Sotogranda, and no response also tried calling head office in Madrid about my problem.
I have a mortgage with you now for 6 years, only to find out my apartment is illegal! In Marbella this is a very big problem!
When they found out my house was illegal 3 years down the line they would not keep my mortgage at the same rate as agreed..when the problems hit the banks world wide and in America, BARCLAYS then LOST half of my money! Just like that.. we are just a number and they make all the profits and never think of the client.
I have asked them to release my fund invested to pay my mortgage but they will not, , they want to win all round, , these are not normal times and it is bout time the banks had a conscious and helped the clients, , it is awful how i am harassed each day by 10 calls a day from a call centre and none of them understand or want to know the problem, , it seems to me that with the technology now it has made things worse for the client, , , Your Bank BARCLAYS are just thieves in suits, , you all get away with it, , I never get a response so i am now going to the TV in UK where they film for Spain about all the problems ex Pats have here and the way our life has been ruined by the corruption and the lack of help or understanding with Barclays, , I will fight to the end, , , it is disgusting and illegal the way you treat your clients, ,

View 0 more photos
1 comment

Yes I agree with you and understand. Barclays was one of the forign banks that recieved part of the 16 Trillion Dollar bail out from the United States that bankrupped all of us her. I do understand. I added them to my Bankster series. http://www.madoffwithamerica.com

M
2:54 pm

Barclays Bank - Late Fee

I have Credit card from the Barclays bank, which I had applied last year, and by the reason, I could not use it anymore. Therefore, I thought it is better to cancel the card and I simply called the bank for the cancellation with the reason that I think 7-8 months back, which I do not remember exactly. Instead, they did not cancel the card but assured me to retain the card something like that but will not be any charges either. However, I got surprised when I receive the statement in the month of September with 100 AED, which they have charged for SMS Subscription, so I called the bank that I have never applied for this service even though I am not using this card then why should I apply for this service unnecessarily. The someone from the bank assured me to reverse the same amount and I don’t have to pay anything but I was keep getting the SMS’s that “Your Barclays card account is still overdue. Please deposit AED 100) when I called the customer care once again that I am still getting the SMS’s and they checked and saying that you have to pay 172 AED as the system is reflecting the outstanding. When I briefed them, again the past story they raised a complaint with number UAE-1146300-S6THFO and later a week I got the SMS from the bank that your raised complaint has been resolved. Now today I got another statement with new charges showing the credit shield and late payment fee of total 176.38 AED.
You might be surprised that statement date is 12th of each month and they have reversed everything on 10th of this month, that means on 12th of this month the bill will be generated with outstanding zero because everything has been reversed before the statement date but they charged me 175 AED on 11th October for LATE PAYEMENT FEE” and on 12th October 1.38 AED for “Credit Shield”.
When I called the bank once again and they are telling me the new stories, which I have never heard before.
Now I am fully frustrated with the bank f and I simply want to get rid from this card but they are happy to screw me all the time with new surprises, For the sake of GOD; it is my humble request kindly post this in that way so that they should understand how they should deal with the customer.

9:39 am

Barclays Bank - Microsoft msn lottery

Sir I gt mail that your email won 750000 gbp I want you please check it and tell me is it real or fake

[email protected]
Barclays commercial bank has dedicated banking services that grows with your business and experts who understand your needs and ambitions. Barclays bank plc is authorised and regulated by the financial services authority. Barclays bank plc adheres to the principles of the banking code. A copy of the code is available on request. "the woolwich" and "woolwich" are trading names of barclays bank plc.

Customers attention
London, se6 4wt, uk
Registered office: barclays,
Registered no: 169628.

Attention: microsoft lottery winner

We are sorry to inform you that your transfer could not be completed, due to the fact that your nominated account is not a foreign account.

However, your winning fund of & pound;750, 000 gbp is set to be transfer to your home bank account information sent to us. All verification has been done, and your winning fund can only be transfer through the reserved bank of india. Because your nominated account is not a foreign account.

Note: the reserved bank of india will charge you rupees 24, 770 inr as administration fee to enable them to transfer the funds successfully to your account. This administration fee comprises of registration fee of rupees 10, 500 inr, foreign exchange stamp duty 8, 500 inr and clearance fee of rupees 5, 770 inr. So the total becomes as rupees 24, 770 inr.

This is in accordance with section 13 (1) (N) of the international transfer act as adopted in 1996 and amended on 3rd july 2001 by the constitutional assemble. We want you to understand that your won amount will now be transfer through the reserve bank of india to avoid any inconvenience or delay that might lead to loose winnings.

To proceed further you are to re-confirm your account information and kindly send us 1 passport photograph on time to avoid delay.

Account name:
Account number:
Bank name:

Be assured inline with our principles of efficiency, transparency and customer satisfaction, we will handle your case with the highest level of professionalism and discretion to ensure you receive your prize within the shortest possible time. You will only have to follow instructions as stated above and accordingly as all procedures are meant to protect clients and to avoid cases of misappropriation of fund.

Towards your response to this mail, we shall assign one of our officer to carry out this transaction in reserved bank of india same day will receive your mail. Maywhile, the officer will be coming down to india with your won cheque along with your winning certificates and the cheque will be deposited in reserved bank of india. Note that the rbi will transfer your fund to your local account immediately after the documentation process.

While we await your response thank you for your time and urgent attention to these vital request as we are committed in delivering high quality banking services to suit your needs.

For query or further clarification, please contact the senior accounts manager of the account department on direct line +447017990039 sir adolf stratford thomas (Mr. ).

Sir adolf stratford thomas (Mr. ) ,
(Senior officer)
Account department (Local / foreign)
International banking unit,

Foreign currency drafts
Company or personal cheques
Western union payments
==============================
Copyright & acirc;© 2010 barclays bank plc.
______________________________
Confidential from barclays bank plc.

Customers attention
24 hrs online customer service
Barclays commercial bank of london
London branch...
Po box 36997, catford,
London, se6 4wt, uk

Registered office: barclays,
Registered no: 169628.

This is to notify you that your won cheque has been referred from the signal department here in uk to the reserve bank of india waiting for the arrival of the processing officer to procure the vital document needed for the prompt transfer of your funds.

However, the processing officer will be leaving for india tonight for the purpose of the transfer of your fund to your local account.

Meanwhile you are to pay your rbi conversation fee immediately the processing officer get in touch with you, the reason why it will be of paramount importance for you to get that done immediately, that will enable them to procure the vital document needed for the prompt transfer of your funds. The rbi conversation fee consist of the insurance & ministry of finance stamps as well as the approval signature from india government. According to the telephone conversations I had with the (Rbi) public relation officer, they indicated that immediately the necessity is been put in place your fund will be transfer to your account immediately.

I do advise you to cooperate with the processing officer (Dr. Peter cohen woolfe) to enable him get your fund transferred to your account tomorrow only. See below the processing officer's details:

Name: dr. Peter cohen woolfe
Age: 65-years
Nationality: british
Country of resident: england
Email: processingmanager_dr. [email protected] Uk

Please be reminded that the administration fee is 24, 770 inr according to rbi (Pro). And it has to be remitted to the officer immediately he get in touch with you. We sincerely assure you that all processes are well co-ordinated with utmost experience and as soon as the processing officer arrive india tomorrow morning all transactions should be fixed. Once again we are sorry for the inconveniences. Thanks for your patience and being part of us. You can write us if there be any query.

We expect that you co-operate with the processing office to enable him get your fund transfer to your local account on time.

For query or further clarification, please contact the head of foreign remittance department (Cheif executive) on direct line +447017990039

Sir adolf stratford thomas (Mr. ) ,
(Senior officer)
Account department (Local / foreign)
International banking unit,
Foreign currency drafts
Company or personal cheques
Western union payments
==============================
Copyright & acirc;© 2010 barclays bank plc.
__________________________________
Confidential from barclays bank plc.
Proud sponsors of the barclays premier league.

Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree for this msg according to law, it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from, this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value . This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996 by the constitutional assembly.

So Aware for this type lottery winner

9:56 pm

Barclays Bank - US Airways Mastercard

I called Barclays Bank today concerning my US Airways Mastercard account requesting help from any program offered for customers in hardship who cannot make their current payments. When I lost my job three years ago, I was told that they had a program to freeze the account for 6 months and no payments were due during that time. Today I was told that there is no program being offered. I am unemployed and cannot make anymore payments until I get a full time job. I have had this account for over 20 years and never missed a payment. Defaulting on the credit card will decrease my chances of getting hired and will not be good for their business either. It really seems that they are not so concerned about having account defaults on their balance sheet as long as they can count on the USA federal government to make up their lost revenue with taxpayers’ money.
I am about out of Hope and have just a little Change left in my pocket. I still have the skills to engineer $millions computer systems for companies such as AT&T and Verizon.

7:55 pm

Barclays Bank - Barclays bank and iran

I have had bank account with Barclays Bank PLC for many years. I was disappointed to learn that their international team closed my account as I asked them to temporary change my address to Iran.
I have been complaining in the last 2 years and asking for explaination but did not receive any.
One would expect a responsible behaviour from an international bank and all I can say that Barclays bank has behaved in an arrogant manner by treating me in such way.
Please, do not bank with Barclays.

Jun 26, 2011 3:50 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did that with my partners credit card, rose the limit on the card then 3 months later withdrew the card with no explanation.

5:56 pm

Barclays Bank - Card declined

I have had a USAirways credit card for 30 years. I have a $20, 000 limit and have never been late in payments. In the last year, Barclay's (which took over the card from Bank of America) has put my card on "hold" numerous times, resulting in the card's being declined when I go to use it. This is quite embarrassing and irritating. Each time I have called to find that there was a concern about some innocuous charge. The last three times it was because (1) I bought an iPad from the Apple Store online, (2) I charged a meal at a restaurant in Chicago (I live on east coast), and (3) I checked into a motel 100 miles from my house while on a business trip. The nice people in India, or wherever they were located, sympathized with my frustration and suggested I could avoid the travel-related holds by notifying Barclay's any time I went out of town. That is the only thing they could come up with. I pointed out that people have credit cards in large part to facilitate travel, not to make it more difficult. Has anyone else had this problem? I will not continue to use this card.

2 comments
Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm

I hate them. They are the worst credit card company. In the last year alone, I wrote 12 complaints - none were answered.
Those idiots ask me to notify them every time I travel > I travel 250 days a year and have highest status with US Airways flying more than 150 000 miles every year.
The story repeats itself : I need to book a ticket on US Airways website, now, this moment. Bam- the card gets denied . No alert, nothing. I call customer service in India and get the same sorry excuse.
What is so suspicious about me buying a ticket on US Airways website ?

Jul 10, 2011 10:52 pm

This card is one of the worst. I advise you cancel it. I had similar problems

5:02 pm

Barclays Bank - Scam

Reference to authorization of your accrued interest of us$1, 000.000.00

Following to your email stated below I called and a man told me I have a wrong number.

Your email has been notified for the release of your international certified bank draft or debit visa cash card. upon the obtaining the irrevocable normalization of your details in the law court here in united kingdom london within 24 hours.

Note that everything, documents related to your accrued interest of us$1, 000.000.00 will be forward to you together with your international certified bank draft or debit visa cash card depending your choose of the alternatives stated below.

International certified bank draft, you will obtain affidavit to cover the lotto treasury account and bank draft delivery.

Debit visa cash card, will be activation by you, which access pin code will be giving to you before the original will be dispatch to your address through the ups. note that you will have privilege to cash us$5, 000.00 to us$15, 000.00 daily in any automate teller machine (atm) within your city.

We need your identification license to get normalization of your details in the law court here in united kingdom london before anything will happen this is not scam as I am sending you my barclays bank id for your for verification.

I look forward to hear from you.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. hills luck
Private banking section barclays bank london

Jul 07, 2011 2:49 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dear Sir, In order open account in Barclays Bank London, for non resident of UK what are the requirements needed?

Barclays Bank contacts