Having problems with Barclays Bank?

Barclays Bank Customer Service Contacts

+44 34 5734 5345 (Personal Banking - within UK)
+44 24 7684 2100 (Personal Banking - outside of UK)
+44 80 0085 1115 (Premier Banking - Existing Customer)
+44 80 0924 7365 (Premier Banking - New Customers)
+44 34 5605 2345 (Business Banking - Existing Customer)
+44 80 0015 4242 (Corporate Banking - within UK)
+44 16 0656 3191 (Corporate Banking - outside of UK)
1 Churchill Place
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - E145HP

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Barclays Bank Customer Service. Initial Barclays Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Barclays Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Barclays Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Barclays Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Barclays Bank Complaints & Reviews

Barclays Bank PlcBarclays bank and iran

I have had bank account with Barclays Bank PLC for many years. I was disappointed to learn that their international team closed my account as I asked them to temporary change my address to Iran.
I have been complaining in the last 2 years and asking for explaination but did not receive any.
One would expect a responsible behaviour from an international bank and all I can say that Barclays bank has behaved in an arrogant manner by treating me in such way.
Please, do not bank with Barclays.

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 26, 2011

Did that with my partners credit card, rose the limit on the card then 3 months later withdrew the card with no explanation.

Barclay's Usairways MastercardCard declined

I have had a USAirways credit card for 30 years. I have a $20, 000 limit and have never been late in payments. In the last year, Barclay's (which took over the card from Bank of America) has put my card on "hold" numerous times, resulting in the card's being declined when I go to use it. This is quite embarrassing and irritating. Each time I have called to find that there was a concern about some innocuous charge. The last three times it was because (1) I bought an iPad from the Apple Store online, (2) I charged a meal at a restaurant in Chicago (I live on east coast), and (3) I checked into a motel 100 miles from my house while on a business trip. The nice people in India, or wherever they were located, sympathized with my frustration and suggested I could avoid the travel-related holds by notifying Barclay's any time I went out of town. That is the only thing they could come up with. I pointed out that people have credit cards in large part to facilitate travel, not to make it more difficult. Has anyone else had this problem? I will not continue to use this card.

• Ki
        kiska76 Aug 13, 2011

I hate them. They are the worst credit card company. In the last year alone, I wrote 12 complaints - none were answered.
        Those idiots ask me to notify them every time I travel > I travel 250 days a year and have highest status with US Airways flying more than 150 000 miles every year.
        The story repeats itself : I need to book a ticket on US Airways website, now, this moment. Bam- the card gets denied . No alert, nothing. I call customer service in India and get the same sorry excuse.
        What is so suspicious about me buying a ticket on US Airways website ?

• Re
        reranged Jul 10, 2011

This card is one of the worst. I advise you cancel it. I had similar problems

Barclays Bank LondonScam

Reference to authorization of your accrued interest of us$1, 000.000.00

Following to your email stated below I called and a man told me I have a wrong number.

Your email has been notified for the release of your international certified bank draft or debit visa cash card. upon the obtaining the irrevocable normalization of your details in the law court here in united kingdom london within 24 hours.

Note that everything, documents related to your accrued interest of us$1, 000.000.00 will be forward to you together with your international certified bank draft or debit visa cash card depending your choose of the alternatives stated below.

International certified bank draft, you will obtain affidavit to cover the lotto treasury account and bank draft delivery.

Debit visa cash card, will be activation by you, which access pin code will be giving to you before the original will be dispatch to your address through the ups. note that you will have privilege to cash us$5, 000.00 to us$15, 000.00 daily in any automate teller machine (atm) within your city.

We need your identification license to get normalization of your details in the law court here in united kingdom london before anything will happen this is not scam as I am sending you my barclays bank id for your for verification.

I look forward to hear from you.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. hills luck
      Private banking section barclays bank london

• Ku
          kuyavan Jul 07, 2011

Dear Sir, In order open account in Barclays Bank London, for non resident of UK what are the requirements needed?

Barclays BankFraudulent transactions

I have been with Barclays Bank over 20 years. Money was taken from my savings account via current account also via atm. Barclays closed all my accounts, including credit card. Barclays claims original chip and pin was used as I was the fraudster. I contacted the Ombudsmans regarding all three cases, which all ruled in favour of Barclays Bank. During this time my mother passed away and Barclays left me in a situation I would not wish upon anyone.

I have paid money to a solicitor to get advise and help who promised they could help me and now it seems I have thrown money away.

• Gr
            graz Oct 10, 2014

Dear Mr Jenkins.

Due to your seemingly lack of interest in contacting me
            regarding our conversation on Facebook I felt I had no further recourse then to
            send a copy of it to Sir Bernard Hogan -Howe the commissioner of the
            metropolitan police, I take no great pleasure in doing so, but you made have
            made I vary clear that you have no respect for anyone but yourself if you had
            any ounce of moral fiber in your body you would have at least tried to sort the
            matter out but it shows that men like you have only one interest and that is
            self-preservation you called me a fool and that is fare from the truth I am
            sorry that it came to this but I will be looking to take legal steps against
            you and Barclays your sincerely Graham Baker.

Please not bellow the copy of the email to to Sir
            Bernard.

It is not too late for us to resolve this matter
            business man to business man.

Dear sir.

My name is Graham Baker I am the C.E.O of a UK
            registered company, but I live in Antwerpen Belgium, I am a British
            citizen and hold a full UK passport, i have been trying to report what I think
            is a fraud that should be looked into

You are my last resort I have tried to get someone to look
            into this matter but it seems my voice is not being heard so I turn to
            you with the hope that you will be able to look into the matter I have attached
            a copy of a conversation between myself and Mr Antony Jenkins the C.E.O of
            Barclays bank.

The conversation pertains to a transaction that Mr Jenkins
            proposed during the conversation please find bellow the full copy.

As you can see I was sent a copy of the ID card from Mr
            Jenkins as prove of his identity I hope this is of some use to you.

I sent an email to Mr Jenkins as seen bellow but got
            no reply.

My name is Graham Baker, or Mr Baker as you called me
            on Facebook.

I have been in contact with some of you board members and
            your legal team concerning the conversation we had on Facebook about one
            of your dead clients’ accounts, But is seems the old boys school mentality is
            being put into place ignore the problem and it will go away but I can assure
            you it will not. You have made it clear that you have no morals concerning your
            clients and that you think your position in Barclays Bank entitles
            you to do whatever you want with money that is in your care, I find this
            offensive and repugnant there for I am informing you that if you think I will
            not do anything to bring this matter to the attention of the authorities
            you are mistaken I am willing to take it to the highest levels of the
            police and if need be the government I have copies of the conversation held by
            us on Facebook and have sent one to my solicitor for safe keeping and she is
            ready to proceed further with this matter you called me a fool that maybe but I
            know right from wrong and you are so wrong thinking you will get away with
            trying to obtain that which is not yours I will wait for a reply from you
            regarding this matter or we can go to the next level and you try to
            explain yourself to the press and the police and any other relevant
            authorities I think the public will want to hear all about what happens to
            their money when they die I am not afraid of going to court and I understand
            that you have a large company of layers behind you, but I will have the public
            behind me so make no qualms I will do whatever it takes to
            get you attention concerning this matter Barclays does not
            need any more bad press.

My email address is [email protected]

My phone number is [protected] it is a Belgium number.

My address is Landbouwstraat 19

2020 Antwerpen Belgium.

Your sincerely Graham Baker.

Thanks for the add

How are you doing Mr Baker?

Wednesday

12:37pm

Graham Baker

I am doing well thanks, and you?

2:05pm

Very fine mr Baker

2:05pm

Well my name is Mr.Antony Peter Jenkins, the C.E.O of
            Barclays Bank, London, United kingdom, Married with two lovely kids, I am making
            this contact with you based on the need for an individual/company who is
            willing to assist me with a solution to a money transfer.This is a personal and
            confidential business proposal which i will like to Share with you for the
            benefits of both families.

Wednesday

6:06pm

Graham Baker

Hi first of all thanks you for your reply, I would like to
            help you with your proposal but my company Is still in the proses of looking
            for a property to set up we have a Belgium bank account and the company is
            registered in the UK, but we are not a large company, but if you could let me
            know more about what you need I will be happy to try and help

6:31pm

Jenkins Antony

I apologized using this medium to reach you for a
            transaction/business of this magnitude, but this is due to Confidentiality and
            prompt access reposed on this medium. In unfolding this proposal, I want to
            count on you, as a respected and honest person to handle this transaction with
            sincerity, trust and confidentiality.I have decided to seek a confidential
            co-operation with you in the execution of the deal which i will like to share
            with you An account was opened in our bank in 1997 and till 2003 nobody has
            operated on this account, after going through some old files in the records, I
            discovered that if I do not remit this money out urgently it would be forfeited
            for nothing. This deposit was for 5 years and upon maturity I made effort to
            contact my client, l could not reach him. I was forced to travel to Germany and
            there I got the tragic news that, my client Mr. Husson, whose surname is same as
            yours and his wife Maria, and two kids, his son in law Christian, and their
            children, all perished on the Monday, 31 July, 2000 plane crash in German city
            of Moenchengladbach.No other person knows anything concerning it because the
            then manager of our bank at the time late Husson was depositing the funds have
            retired presently, the account has no other beneficiary and my investigation
            proved to me that his company does not know anything about this account and the
            money involved is USD$26, 700, 000.00 (Twenty six Million seven hundred thousand
            United states Dollar). We both have to invest on this business so as to follow
            the lagal process, and as well share the benefits equally as partners. I will
            have to work on the documents in the bank and take care of the fees and the
            change of name in Mr Husson Files and Documents here in the bank.But you will
            have to Consult an Accredited lawyer to Barclay bank here in London, United
            Kingdom, which i will get you is details, if interested so he can stand and help
            us in the claim and the transfer of the funds to your account in your country
            Ok?

I want us to first transfer USD$9 Million from this money
            into your safe overseas account before the rest so as to avoid any branch of
            law to both Countries. I am seeking your assistance as a foreigner, since as a
            C.E.O am not allowed to operate foreign accounts.if willing to assist me in
            this transaction your share as compensation will be (50%), while (50%) mine.The
            business is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it with utmost
            confidentiality. It does not matter your area of specialization is not a
            hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed
            confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint me. And this is 100%
            risk free.We need to trust each other so that this transaction can be executed
            faithfully, i want to know further details upon your acceptance of this
            business proposal. I wait for your Response

Best Regards Mr.Antony Peter Jenkins. [email protected]

7:24pm

Graham Baker

Al this sounds good but one how can I tell if you are who
            you say you are

there are so many com men on line and if this is real and
            you are infarct Antony Peter Jenkins. then maybe we could meet and discuss the

7:34pm

Graham Baker

If you are interested in meeting me face to face then we can
            talk business anything said will be kept private, I f on the other hand you are
            infect not Antony Peter Jenkins. then we have nothing to talk about

10:08pm

Very good Mr Banker

10:13pm

Graham Baker

So are you or are you not Antony

or do we say good bye with no more said

10:23pm

Jenkins Antony

First of all there so many fake people here on facebook, but
            i want to assure you that you are on a safer side, Well sir my phone is been
            programmed as a Government worker by ( B.C.S.C ) Background checks and security
            clearances, my calls are recorded and as well as my bank and as such a personal
            and private business i think we should treat this confidentially throught our
            private email and below is my Bank I.D Card..

10:23pm

10:26pm

10:30pm

Jenkins Antony

Thank you for your understanding Mr Baker i will write to
            your email now on what to do.

10:42pm

Graham Baker

I hope you understand my position as you state there are
            many fake people on facebook and I have a family to think of as well as my
            business and I like to know who I am dealing with so if there is any chance we
            can meet that would be a help

10:45pm

Jenkins Antony

You are too busy am also very busy that why i suggest we
            discuss through our private email

10:46pm

10:50pm

Jenkins Antony

Thank you for your understanding once more, i have already
            sent you an email on what to do, and within 2 to 3 weeks we are done with

11:15pm

Graham Baker

I have not got any e-mails yet my e.mail is [email protected]

11:55pm

Jenkins Antony

Ok you write to my email now. [email protected]

12:28am

Graham Baker

I am trying to find out who you truly are I put I your
            e.mail and got this Email: [email protected]

Name: Available

Location: Sunnyvale, CA strange for a man who lives in
            London to have an e.mail so far from home

12:32am

Sorry but I have friends in the local police in the Uk and I
            am going to let them look into this if you are who you say you are then I am
            sure you can find away of contacting me via other means but my gut tells me
            other wise I will also contact the bank to confirm your id with the pic you
            sent me if that is ok with you

12:37am

I AM ALSO CONTACTING YOU AT THE BANK IF YOU ARE INDEED
            Antony we wont have any worries

so please give me a contact number or that of you sectary

12:52am

Jenkins Antony

Well is seen you take me for a fool, let just forget about it
            Mr Baker

By doing all that it means you want to implicate me

1:02am

Graham Baker

You ask me to trust you but a man

You are a ceo of a bank well we will see what the police say
            about it and the bank

1:42am

ok suit yourself

Thursday

11:00am

Hi first things first if you can prove 100% that you are who
            you say then business is business an id card can be faked agreed you say you
            are married with two kids you can see my pics on line on my facebook you can
            also see I have not got money and my business is just starting so nothing in
            the pot yet I want to trust you and if this is for real and I can provide a
            good life for my family then cool but, I need more prove before we go further
            and why choose me I am a no body I was in England some months ago at one of
            your bank if you can tell me why and what one then you have a deal we go
            through with your deal would that be ok by you being the C.E.O you can out that

11:01am

Graham Baker

and sorry for my doubt but you should understand my
            prospective

11:08am

Graham Baker

pluss I did not get your e.mail

Thursday

2:34pm

Jenkins Antony

Write to my email if you want more details about this

2:37pm

Graham Baker

but I have just contacted you via your email at Barklays
            Bank '[email protected]'

2:39pm

Jenkins Antony

Thats is my business mail Mr Baker, i mean my private mail

Please don't write to that mail again for security
            propose, write to my private mail. [email protected]

2:42pm

Graham Baker

OH I see so you will not reply to that but it would prove
            once and for all you are infect Antony

2:44pm

Jenkins Antony

This business is suppose to be private

Please Mr Baker if you are not interested please do not
            bother me again or i will be force to block you

2:48pm

Graham Baker

Ok you trust me and I will trust you but no messing about

2:50pm

Jenkins Antony

I will show you the death certificate of our late client and
            also his deposit slip through our private email

ok sure

Mr Baker i want to assure you that is 100% risk free and
            legal and within 2 to 3 weeks the funds will be release to your country account

2:56pm

Jenkins Antony

you write to my email so that i will reply you

2:56pm

Graham Baker

you can understand my fears I have nothing to offer you and
            I have no criminal record and want to keep it that way

2:57pm

Jenkins Antony

There are document that backup this transaction

3:02pm

Graham Baker

i have not got your email

try [email protected]

3:05pm

Jenkins Antony

Is better you write me so i will know is you

After you send me your require details you will have to
            Consult an Accredited lawyer to Barclay bank here in London, United Kingdom

In which i will give you is details

Well i want to assure you that this transaction is 100%
            Legal.I have really done my underground work very well and this transaction
            shall be done under legal means.

3:08pm

ok I will do that

3:08pm

3:09pm

you are welcome

3:12pm

Jenkins Antony

Ok please i want everything to be done fast so that the
            funds will be release to us soon

3:15pm

Graham Baker

What do you need from me

3:15pm

Jenkins Antony

Have you write to my mail box

3:16pm

I will do it now

3:16pm

Jenkins Antony

Ok i will tell you on what to to

3:17pm

Ok

3:17pm

3:23pm

Graham Baker

I have sent a text to you

3:25pm

Jenkins Antony

Ok let me check i will get back to you

3:33pm

Jenkins Antony

Thank you Mr Baker i have receive it, go now and check your
            mail on what to do.

3:34pm

Ok

3:34pm

ok

And i will love to hear from you today, so that i will start
            work immediately

3:37pm

That is good

3:41pm

Yon saw it

3:43pm

Graham Baker

I have looked in both my email boxes but see nothing

3:43pm

Ok let me send it again

Ok check both of them again and get back to me now

3:50pm

nothing

can you just add a reply to my last text

none of your emails get to me and both work ok

3:54pm

Jenkins Antony

I don't know was wrong, that's why i told you is suppose to
            be a private transaction

Please check for the last time maybe is network

3:57pm

Graham Baker

I think it is the network

3:58pm

Jenkins Antony

Please just hold on while i quickly open another mail box

5:36pm

I Was busy before

5:37pm

Hi

5:38pm

Jenkins Antony

Please send message to this new mail

Sorry for the delay

5:41pm

Hi

5:42pm

Jenkins Antony

Please try this new mail

5:49pm

Jenkins Antony

Go Check this your email i send you a message [email protected] please check weather it was
            sent

Hello have you check it ?

6:02pm

8:30pm

7:58am

I Need Your Urgent Reply Mr Baker so that i can start work
            immediately

3:23pm

Graham Baker

Hi I am so vary sorry but my father in law was taken sick

plus your emails skid not arrive

10:12pm

Do you receive my mail

10:17pm

Graham Baker

no I did not and now more then ever I feel this is one big
            con and you are not who you say you are

10:19pm

Jenkins Antony

Mr Baker it would be better you just let me know weather you
            are interested or not than fooling me around

10:22pm

Graham Baker

fooling you around you come on line and say hello and want
            me to think you are the C.E.O of one of the worls biggest banks and you can not
            even prove one way or another who you are just a copy of an id that could be
            made up any place so once and for all sir who are you and what do you want

10:27pm

Graham Baker

don't think for one moment I would not go to London and
            visit the head office in canary Warf with my solicitor and the police so if
            this is a con then well done if infect you are who you say you are prove it and
            don't mess me around

or do I make this conversation public on Facebook

10:41pm

ok it goes on Facebook I have nothing to lose

10:47pm

Graham Baker

too late on facebook should make good reading

bye

plus the metropolitan police at Scotland yard now have a
            copy

10:51pm

You fool

Barclay's Bank London UkAbout winning money

In tuesday, march 22, 2011 9:41 pm i've received massage telling me that i won 8000000 from your web site and it's in the barclay's bank london uk you fund them with it for my account email (dark [protected]@yahoo.com) so i just wont to know about why that did this just joke why people do tings like that it's seem to be dump and crazy and why this bank let someone do this better judge hem cause the bank depend on his reputation aren't you agree with me thank about taking time to listen to this think that bring headache and this is the massage

Barclay's bank london uk
          >from: the desk of
          >mrs.jane rechy
          >managing director,
          >re: payment of us$800, 000.00 interest into your account:
          >i am mrs.jane rechy. managing director, corporate services division and head of swift transfer unit of barclay's bank london uk.
          >sometime ago, in our bank your inheritance fund was brought to our bank from national lotto group here in england and after some period, the money was taken back to their treasury. but for the period of time this money was in our bank, it generated an interest of us$800, 000.00 which we are about to pay you via international certified bank draft through our corresponding bank in us. (bank of england).
          >for your information and advice, you need to hasten up to pick this fund because from time to time the national lotto group auditors do come to our bank to cross-check our files and our financial update, the earlier you comply with the demands of the delivery of the fund, the faster the action, because when the auditors arrive and find out that this interest fund is still in our bank they will call back the accrued interest to the lotto treasury account.
          >what we need from you now is any form of your identification for example;your international passport or your driver license, your telephone and fax numbers for easy communication to you with your mailing address where this draft will be delivered. as a matter of fact we don't have enough time to waste since we have wasted time in contacting you through phone, so try and comply with the entire necessary requirement for the transaction
          >contact mr.roy williams
          >tel: [protected]
          >fax: [protected]
          >email : barclays.[protected]@blumail.org
          >note i have attempted to call you but all effort failed and i had to send you a mail on this email address, which i guessed belongs to you.
          >expecting your immediately response.
          >yours sincerely,
          >mrs.jane rechy
          >managing director

ok thanks

Barclay BankCharge to my account

A charge of 115$ was made by minors on my wyndham rewards visa-they are run by Barclay Bank apparently. I complained to the vendor and the credit card customer service department. I was told that the charge would be removed if I provided proof of not having received item.Barclay Bank went back on their decision/word, after I provided the proof of not having the item. they started quoting me some bull about the time having expired for a dispute although there is nothing like this on their site nor were any letters sent to me, indicating that I had a certain time limit to dispute this case. the customer service reps are rude, misinformed and it takes almost 3o minutes to get connected to the right department after they ask you about your issue several times.
            I am warning everyone not to sign up for WYNDHAM REWARDS since this is how this nightmare started. they promise you a free hotel night to sign up for the card. Once you sign up, you have to make additional purchases to qualify for the points and then when you try to redeem them, their system is always down, or you have to wait 20+ minutes to speak with a rep about your account. Not worth the time and frustration!

BarclaysFraud transactions

Barclays are the worst bank ever. Please read this before you even think about opening or staying with barclays.

Ive been a customer since the age of 10. Ive always thought them to be a decent bank. But in the last few months ive had the worst service ever.

I was out of the country for 6weeks in january, I was still employed and was still recieveing 8 weeks worth of wages as I was getting paid twice when I was on holiday. The day I land, I need to withdraw money as I needed to add call time to my phone. But my card got declined. So I check my balance and I see that I have 180, which is strange because I should have had & pound;1200 in my account.

So I phone barclays customer service. And they told me that 200 was taken out due to a credit card bill. And the rest was taken out due to two transactions, one of the amounts was for & pound;400 to aa insurance, another is & pound;200 for some other housing association. They are not mine as I live with parents and I dont have a car.

So they reported it and told me that they are going to investigate it and then refund me the money after the investugation. I would need to fill out the forms, and that it would take an average of a month to return my money, they would issue me with a new card. So a week later I withdraw some money and notice then I see my account balance had & pound;900. I asked a friend who was currently working for a bank some advice and he says. It waqs probably an error due to the fact that they gave it back so soon. So I didnt do anything about it.

A month later, it happens again, apart from the fact that the transaction for aa was the same and the 200 was for british gas. I asked how could this be as I got a new card. So they told me, I would need to fill out the form otherwise they will take the money out of my bank again this will keep on happening. At the time I was in my branch ringing off of the customer phone, my personal banker said, bring it in to us, and we will fax it on your behalf, it will get there soon. So I fill out my forms, there were two papers to the form, but the last paper only has three lines of writing. I return the form back to the branch who faxes it for me.

Now today I check my balance. I have & pound;130 pounds at 9.00 am. I go to work, go on my break, and my card gets declined. I check mybalance, I have nil to withdraw. I ring up barclays to be told they have redebittied the transactions made on my account. So my account is now & pound;400 pounds overdrawn I asked why? Because I didnt send all the paperwork, I told them it was faxed on my behalf, they said they recieved one page of the paperwork and not two. I said well I didnt fax it, a lady at my branch did. They said without the paper work they couldnt process the investigation and took the money for the payments.

I argued with them for a good hour explaining, my situation in the end speaking to four people who all told me the same thing. They cant do anything unless they have the full paperwork. They accept it wasnt my fault, but I explained to them, so if it isnt my fault why do I have to suffer for? I remember the contents of the page that is missing, and all it had was three lines of terms and conditions, there was nothing there that I had to fill out. So they said they will be sending me a new form, and in the mean time they cannot redebit my account with my money. I said so the paperwork will not reach me until tuesdday (Due to the fact that its the royal wedding and we have bank holiday on monday) and then I will have to fill the form, fax it to u again, wait until you process it and complete your investigation and then debit my account, while I recieve bank charges, and I have no money until that day, which they cant put a date on? What am I going to do all that time??? They all said there is nothing they can do.

I feel absolutely disgusted by this level of service. The fact that there security is appalling, how can they let such transactions go through after I have reported them to be fraudulent, just because I didnt take it further initially doesnt mean it cant be declined. And now because of someone else's negligience and incompetence im having to suffer by having no money what so ever to survive on. I explained my situation and said what am I going to do to pay bills, there is nothing they can do. They are quick to take my money but not quick to give it back. So I have to suffer with late charges on my bills, plus interest.

The man who I spoke to was saying, I have logged a call to the complaints department they will ring you later, I said is there a chance the person I will be speaking to will give me my money back, he said no so I said you can f*ck off with your call back then and hung up the phone.

Ive been a customer since the age of ten, ive never had any bank charges and regularly promoted barclays to friends and familys who asked me how barclays was. As soon as I get my money back, I will withdraw it all and close my account. Until then, I will be getting paid and as my account is overdrawn and I will not be getting paid until another 13days, I wil be quickly making a bank account in another bank and shall be changing my account details for my wages.

Please do not choose barclays as your bank. They will bleed you dry.

Barclays BankVisa card abroad

Whilst travelling in South East Asia. I had my visa card stolen. When I called to Barclays to cancel my card I asked for a cash transfer and replacement card to be sent to my location. Barclays told me cards could only be sent to my home address and that to make a cash transfer I would have to return to my bank in the UK and make a transfer from there (14, 000 miles and £1200 airfares). SO BEWARE IF YOU LOSE OR HAVE YOUR VISA CARD STOLEN BARCLAYS WILL LEAVE YOU TO STARVE TO DEATH IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY.

Barclays BankAvoid like the plague

These scammers use the same email layout no matter what company they say they are. here’s another email from one of those scammers:

barclays bank london
                  foreign head of operations department
                  1 churchill place, london e14 5hp. united kingdom.

email:[protected]@post. ro
                  contract #:mav/fgn/min/009.
                  registered no: 1026167.
                  attn: sir/madam,

payment notification

following the signal we received from our local banks & affiliated bank in africa/london concerning your payment from reserve account they have with us, be that your payment will now be effected from our bank (barclays bank plc) london.

during the auditing and verifying of your files it was discovered from the records of outstanding transfer’s due for payment. many officials and some of your agents from the source origin of your fund have delayed your payment for one reason and the other
                  following the outcome of board of director’s meeting with other commercial banks here in london.

we hereby bring to your notice that your name fails among the top twenty contractor/beneficiary that will be receiving their payment, which has been delayed. I wish to officially notify you that your payment is being processed and the part payment of nine million, seven hundred dollars ($9.7million usd) will be released to you as soon as you re-confirm your information for us to cross check with the one we have in our records.

kindly re-confirm your information to us so that this office can proceed immediate for the approval and immediate release of your fund without further delays. also you are hereby advice to stop further communications with those who claim to have your fund in one bank
                  or the other because that are nothing but imposters.

1) your full name.
                  2) contact address
                  3) phone, fax and mobile #.
                  4) age.
                  5) occupation.

in receipt of the above information, your payment will be approved and paid to you by wired to your nominated bank account or paid through atm card. you are advised to get back to me immediately for more clarifications.

best regards,
                  mr. aams mark,
                  remittance department barclays bank
                  email:[protected]@post. ro

Barclays BankScam

Re: instructions to credit your account with the sum of us$5, 800, 000.00
                    From: barclays bank plc ([protected]@barclaysbank.Co. Uk)
                    Medium risk you may not know this sender. Mark as safe | mark as unsafe
                    Sent:

London, e14 5hp, united kingdom

Http://www.Barclays.Co. Uk

Dear customer,

Re: instructions to credit your account with the sum of us$5, 800, 000.00

We at this bank wish to congratulate and inform you that after thorough review of your inheritance/contract funds transfer release documents in conjunction with the central bank and the international monetary fund assessment report, your payment file was forwarded to us for immediate transfer of a part-payment us$5, 800, 000.00 to your designated bank account from their offshore account with us.

The audit reports given to us shows that you have been going through hard times by paying a lot of money to see to the release of your funds, which has been delayed by some dubious officials. We therefore advice that you stop further communication with any correspondence outside this office since you do not have to pay any money or fee to receive your funds as you have met up with the whole funds transfer requirements.

The only thing required from you is to obtain the non-residential clearance form to enable us credit your account directly by telegraphic transfer or through any of our corresponding banks and send copies of the funds transfer release documents to you and your bankers for confirmation.

Should you follow our directives, your funds will be credited and reflect in your bank account within five (5) bank working days from the day you obtain this non-residential clearance form.

For further details and assistance on this remittance notification, kindly forward your full contact address, telephone and fax numbers directly to my private e-mail: [protected]@hotmail.com

Yours sincerely,
                    Mrs. Nancy webster
                    Head, international banking division.
                    Barclays bank plc, uk.

—————————————————————-
                    This message was sent using imp, the internet messaging program.

• Kk
                        Kkk1872 Apr 12, 2011

These scammers use the same email layout no matter what company they say they are. Here’s another email from one of those scammers:

BARCLAYS BANK LONDON
                        FOREIGN HEAD OF OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
                        1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.United Kingdom.

Email:[email protected]
                        CONTRACT #:MAV/FGN/MIN/009.
                        Registered No: 1026167.
                        Attn: Sir/Madam,

PAYMENT NOTIFICATION

Following the signal we received from our local bankS & Affiliated bank in Africa/London Concerning your payment from reserve account they have with us, be that your payment will now be effected from our bank (BARCLAYS BANK PLC) London.

During the auditing and verifying of your files it was discovered from the records of outstanding transfer’s due for payment. Many officials and some of your agents from the source origin of your fund have delayed your payment for one reason and the other
                        Following the outcome of board of director’s meeting with other commercial banks here in London.

We hereby bring to your notice that your name fails among the top twenty contractor/beneficiary that will be receiving their payment, which has been delayed. I wish to officially notify you that your payment is being processed and the part payment of Nine million, seven Hundred Dollars ($9.7Million USD) will be released to you as soon as you re-confirm your information for us to cross check with the one we have in our records.

Kindly re-confirm your information to us so that this office can proceed immediate for the approval and immediate release of your fund without further delays. Also you are hereby advice to stop further communications with those who claim to have your fund in one bank
                        Or the other because that are nothing but imposters.

1) Your full name.
                        2) Contact Address
                        3) Phone, fax and mobile #.
                        4) Age.
                        5) Occupation.

In receipt of the above information, your payment will be approved and paid to you by wired to your nominated bank account or paid through ATM CARD. you are advised to get back to me immediately for more clarifications.

Best Regards,
                        Mr. Aams Mark,
                        Remittance Department Barclays Bank
                        Email:[email protected]

• Su
                        suy Feb 27, 2011

Just to inform you...

The above subject is what the scammer Mike James is using to scam people out of millions of dollars. I'm a victim who fell under his scam. He cleaned me out of $3, 000.

This is a warning to everybody. If you receive an email from Mike James 'RUN" Do not and I ask, do not reply back to him.

The phone number listed is a cell phone which is disconnected due to the fact that he's wanted by federal and international authorities for money laundering and larceny.

Barclay's Bank MastercardUnfair practices

2/21/2011 @5:30
                      Called and asked about an unauthorized deduction from my checking account via an auto-pay arrangement that I had rescinded. Explained that I had specifically told MC to stop ALL automatic payments for this account over a month ago (in January). Rep said they would have a supervisor listen to the call and contact me in 24-48 hours.

2/25/2011 4:50 PM
                      Supervisor never called back. Called again - Don (ID#TPBVQM) said he would create a case for unauthorized payment. Told him that his company had already lied to me - he said would make SURE he followed-through and that someone should be contacting me within 10 business days. [Never received a call back.]

4/12/2011 9:31 AM
                      Called and went through the whole process again. Rep said the case from above has been closed and that they could not reopen it. Rep said they would initiate another case. Rep offered a lower rate (9.9%) on a one-year basis on the condition I pay $xxx to start. After one year the rate would go back to 29.9%. Asked to speak to Customer Service and was told that I would only be rerouted back to Collections until my account was brought current. Rep refused to transfer me to Customer Service until account was brought up to date.

Called again: paid $xxx.xx to bring account current as that was the ONLY way to be able to talk to anyone besides Collections. Transferred to Customer Service to see about getting the lower rate for the remainder of the life of the account - was told that was not possible. Asked about the unauthorized February auto-payment and was told there was nothing they could do. Was also told that the case was closed because it "wasn't a bank error". When asked to speak to a Supervisor was told that the Supervisor would tell me exactly the same thing. Although the recording clearly states "cancel my auto-pay" - and they DIDN'T - that is not a "bank error"??

Barclays Bank UsaCredit card complaint

Last month I didn't receive a statement from Barclays for my LL Bean Credit card. This month I see a 50% service fee added to the statement. I tried three times to talk to a manager but they just happened not to be there at 9AM, 1PM or 7PM EST, customer service is located in Colorado. Every time I called, all I was told that a manager had reviewed my case and all charges applied. The last time I was told that Three Managers looked over my case and all agreed that all charges applied. Quite interesting that I'm told that managers review cases but there are never managers there to talk to. Customer service was rude, was placed on hold for way too long, only to be told that all charges applied. No one would verify that my statement was even sent only that I was supposed to use the internet. I do not have internet access at home, right now I'm using my work account to access it.

I believe that Barclays Bank is basically ripping the customers off by not sending out printed statement and then collecting the 50% fees and late charges. I've had the LL Bean card for years, ever since they changed to Barclays and I've paid it off every month. I'm sure since I don't like to pay interest charges, they don't want my business and this is their way of getting me to cancel out of their card policy. Well they got their wish. I'll never use the Bean card again, good thing Bean is offering free shipping to all users.

Juniper BankRude customer service

I opened a credit card with Juniper Bank. I used it twice to pay in a restaurant and that was it. When I received my first statement I saw a charge of $40 for non-payment! Apparently, Juniper Bank sent me my statement earlier but received it back because the address they had on file for me was wrong. The customer service lady was very rude and told me it was my fault. What! It was the first statement. How am I suppose to know when to expect the first statement.

To make the long story short, I closed my account over the phone, and will not be recommending Juniper Bank to anyone.

Barclay Us Airways Credit Cardillegal practices

I did a balance transfer that was supposed to be a 0% interest. I then made a purchase. When the bill came, I paid off the minimum, and extra to pay off the amount of the purchase - Even a little extra just to make sure. Fro two consecutive months I was charged interest. I complained on 2 separate occasions, but each time I talked to some pacific islander who could barely speak English and her "supervisor" who spoke exactly the same way - I still say it was the same girl. This happened twice. The lengthy holds provided no new information - their explanations sounded like the opening verse to Age of Aquarius (think about it). So I emailed several times -no answers. They also didn't pay the mileage for the card to my US airways account - At that point I just said screw it and decided to cancel the account. This bank is the worst. I've has several cards thru several banks and this one is hands down the poorest I've ever dealt with. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Barclay Bank Carnival MastercardClosed account without notifying me

I paid for a cruise using my carnival mastercard. The night before I was scheduled to cruise, I went online to check my available credit. . I was stunned when I discovered that my account had been closed 3 days earlier - 3 days before the cruise without notifying me and after taking a $600 payment. I was scheduled to take a cruise the next day and that $600 was my expense money. I was stranded and trying to borrow money to pay my hotel bill and other expenses. I have always maintained this account and usually pay over the minimum.
                              To add to my shock, the last person I spoke to on the phone saturday night was rude, disrespectful, and seemed to take pleasure in my troubles. She suggested I get a "payday loan" (On saturday night and I was leaving for the cruise port on sunday morning). Never did she apologize or even seem sympathetic. I was told that carnival had the right to close my account at anytime. I asked if a portion of my payment could be refunded and was told no & ndash; they also had the right to accept a payment at their discretion. I should have made my minimum payment and kept my money for cruise expenses. I was just trying to get my carnival fun points.
                              Carnival cruise line should not be associated with a bank that would do something like this. As far as I am concerned, whoever reviewed my account could see that I was going on a cruise soon. This was just plain evil.

Barclays Bank — Billing dispute department

Their Billing Dispute Department seems designed to frustrate customers. Hold time to reach a representative...

Willington

BarclaysLate payment-charging more interest

Because I was late on a payment, they sent me a letter that since this happened, I have triggered the Penalty APRS of 25.24 on any purchases after today. I haven't used the card in almost a year. It was a joke when I got it. AIRTRAN litereally attacked me in the isle of the airports and on the plane to get this card. They said we would get a free round trip ticket. Still haven't received the free tickets. I will never Barclays again.

Barclays EgyptUnfair job termination

Kindly be informed that I joined BBE on 7/2007 as awareness officer on contracting basis and as an employer I was allowed to have Barclaycard on October 2007. The limit was LE 1250, to transfer my monthly payment with LE 1350 as an installment for the credit card
                                  Mean while, I had other credit cards from other banks, since I was transferring the amount requested from my Barclaycard
                                  I thought of transferring from my Barclaycard to other credit cards till I received I phone call from the operation department that I’m over limit with LE 26000
                                  And my manager informed me to go to BSIS department who wants to investigate the issue, I went to the concerned department on January 12 and we reached an agreement that I will sign 24 cheques each cheques with 1340 LE which is all my monthly salary
                                  Until I was chocked by the decisions to terminate my job on January 13
                                  I appreciate your prompt concern and cooperation regarding these matters.
                                  Should you have any further question please do not hesitate be contacting me

Barclay Bank UkYahoo lottery prize money

i am ayaz alam i have got one mail eroafro-asia sweeps take lottary yahoo.mail my mail id [protected]@gmail.com from mail [protected]@gmx .com he says your winning prize money 250, 000.00 great british paund please check this is tru or false

• Pa
                                        PaulBD Jan 13, 2011

This is 100% false News. Do not Pay any Charges to them. i got several e-Mail from them and also from other fake E-mail id's.

Barclays — Juniper mastercard

Juniper mastercard cheated me out of $160 in cashback rewards. For 6 months, I tried to resolve the problem...