Menu
Barclays Bank
reviews & complaints

Barclays Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

204 complaints
98 resolved 106 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Barclays Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
11:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Barclay's bank did a classic bait and switch on my mother, then an 85-year-old vulnerable adult with dementia and other health conditions. Barclays Ring Card, in big bold letters promised her that with her excellent credit rating and credit history she was 'pre-approved' for a zero percent balance transfer, with no transaction fees, and no other fees. My...

J
6:16 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - bank draft

I have received information to receive a payment from Barkley's Bank London. The outhentication off the documents seems suspicious and the details seems suspesious. Do your bank del in anything relating too this. No Due Diligence accompanied with the eMail or information validating the authentication off this mail nor attached document. Please take note off this activity and your feedback will be highly appreciated.

R
4:00 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

harrasment calls from barklays bank are coming claiming that theyare calling from delhi police and that theyare filing FIR against me and that some payment of 6000 is due on us, we have stopped using barklays bank card from before 15 years, due to wrong charges pur on me, but still after having a meeting with the head of the department, Mr Santosh Shetty...

7:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied for a Barclays Apple rewards card to get my daughter a laptop for college. One of the questions was if I was a US Citizen. I am not but am legal as I have a green card I just ever completed any citizenship paperwork, they asked me to submit all kinds of documentation, ss card, pay stubs, utility bills. I have established credit and my credit score...

R
7:56 am EDT

Barclays Bank - account closed 24%

Account closed without notice after years paying high interest of over 24%. Had some financial issues due to hurricane Irma which I reported to the credit card companies. I've been paying off balance on time after recuperating. Luckily I noticed credit card closed when I went to make an online payment. Good thing it was not an outside transaction that could have caused an embarrassment and possible bad actions taken if this was my only source of payment on a nonrefundable transaction such as dinning out. I can tell you personally, from other people view, closing someone's account in this form would likely cause more delinquency. This card credit is also linked to have my car insurance for automatic payment. Again luckily I noticed in time because then I would have been driving without insurance. The proper way would be to notify card holder before closing account and/or at least send an email or phone call message stating account closed and spare people the embarrassment.

H
3:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: BARCLAYS BANK PLC To: [email protected] Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 18:24:50 +0100 (CET) Subject: SWIFT CONFIRMATION ATT. CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE(CIBC) ADDRESS:7310 2ND ST, GRAND FORKS, BC.V0H 1H0 CANADA CC: MR.BENJAMIN BROWN. DEAR MR.BENJAMIN BROWN, REF: OUR CONFIRMATION OF EMISSION OF SWIFT...

1:48 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to close my accounts with Barclays Zambia for over a year and have been passed from one person to the other. All the people who supposedly are meant to help me with this process just stop responding to me. I have tried sending an email to customer service and also contacting them on their Facebook page but despite notifying them that I do...

S
1:34 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Team, There are unauthorized deductions from my barclays account of 15 pounds each month starting from :- 8th June'2016 till date. Deductions are as follows:- 08/06/2016 :- 15 pounds 29/06/2016 :- 15 pounds 29/07/2016 :- 15 pounds 30/08/2016 :- 15 pounds 29/09/2016 :- 15 pounds 31/10/2016 :- 15 pounds 29/11/2016 :- 15 pounds 29/12/2016 :- 15...

G
1:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

dear sir, this has to do with a lottery on Facebook and I got conned out of money by a man named jess McIntyre, but I got these pictures from him. one is a Barclays winning lottery ticket and another pic. plus I have 1 more question, who is JOHN MCFARLANE, he says hes the chairman of BARCLAYS BANK PLC LONDON. PHONE 1-540-339-3944 E-MAIL [email protected]

11:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently had my wallet stolen in downtown LA because of this I had to order new cards and get new identification. My issues become a lot larger after trying to order a new card from Barclay card because their security system is not designed from the perspective from the user. The kind of research that goes into creating systems that are both able to...

2:08 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Scam on their cards

I closed my Barclays account since they want your information and share it everywhere . BARCLAYS is a SECURITY RISK TO USERS! I then received an email months later notifying me that I have a balance? When I try to call they will not help you unless you still have the card number from months ago or GIVE ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to some random company in India. How dare they share my information all over the World without my permission. After giving my info, I lose the call twice. Now I have to call again!?!?! Apparently once they get your info, they hang up and start to see what they can open in you name. How can you resolve an issue with a HORRIBLE COMPANY? BARCLAY CREDIT CARDS ARE A SCAM!

1:56 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Fees scam and impossible to resolve

So I close my barclay account since they want to ask me all of personal info in the most insecure, they are trying to lose your information! After I close the account, I get an email that here is a balance. I call and they cannot find it since I do not remember the card number from months ago. Then they will not pull up the account without it. If you do not have it, they want your ssn#, birthdate, address and so forth. Are you kidding me, you share my info with some india support desk?!?!?!?!? After calling twice they just hang up. They are the worst and are a security risk< not to mention I cannot resolve this, so I guess ue them and waste their time just like they waste mine

B
5:02 am EDT

Barclays Bank - Prices

I moved from World pay to Barclaycard Merchant Services to save money and my monthly bill has more than doubled! I am putting through the same amount of payments but Barclaycard charge 2 different rates for Visa Debit Cards, Personal cards at 13p per transaction and Company cards at a massive 1.8%. Worldpay just charge 1 rates for all Visa debit cards of 0.262%, so on my worldpay statement there is no way of knowing whether they are personal or company cards and actually when you put them through it doesn't differenciate. I am now paying around £300 per month more than I was! Please beware and don't switch to Barclaycard...

7:18 pm EST

Barclays Bank - Refund

veterans & disabled veterans beware barclays credit card they dont care about us and they will not help you dealing with scam company that take your money so vets lets not use there card anymore till they show that us the vets come before scam website lets come together and tell them we will not take it anymore stop using there card pls share it and pass it on thks

S
4:54 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Won't process refunds

Barclay's LL Bean Visa is a scam. One of their scams is issuing customers new credit cards, with new numbers, and declining to transfer merchandise refunds from the old card to the new card. I have never once had a fraudulent charge on any credit card in 25 years - except the LL Bean Barclay's Visa. They constantly reissue a new card, with a new card number, due to 'fraud, ' they say. This means that LL Bean refunds are not provided to the customer, because they've 'closed' the old card. Meanwhile, LL Bean tells me they 'provided the refund' (to the old card) and feels they are done with the situation. But I don't get the refund, because it is never transferred from one LL Bean Visa Barclay's 'closed' card to the new card, even though it is the identical account. After 2 months of phone calls and emails back and forth w/LL Bean, I finally received a credit owed. And now, the same thing is happening all over again with a different purchase. Once it is straightened out, I will close the LL Bean Barclay's Visa once and for all. I also am going to shop as little as possible at LL Bean in the future. I have loved LL Bean and hate to say goodbye to them. But they continue to do business with Barclay's, an utterly corrupt company (just google search the name) that Bean customers have been complaining about for years. Bean can pretend to be the good guy and customer oriented, but they could put a stop to Barclay's nonsense overnight. But they really don't care. Bean is making money. That's the bottom line. Unseemly.

2 comments
D
Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm EDT

called my cell phone and told me there was a fraud to my debit card and was going to suspend it. Gave the last four digits

Aug 28, 2014 8:01 pm EDT

The exact same type of call came in on the same day with the same info. I called the ACTUAL cc # on the back of my card to confirm that there was no fraudulent activity on my card. Definitely a phishing scam! Don;t fall for it!

9:05 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Fraudulent interest rate charges

Barclay Card is unfairly charging a high interest rate to customers with good credit. Their credit evaluations and practices are unfair and predatory. This card that gives US Air miles is not worth the fraudulently high interest rate at 25%. I could go to a lone shark for that rate.

T
11:32 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Closing account

I closed my credit card with barclay because I was consolidating my credit and they had a high APR 19.5%, I even tried to talk them to lower the APR but that was a fail. So after paying off my debt, I used the app and after making the payment in full the first time I did not get a confirmation number or email so of course I try to do it again just to make sure it went through and I finally got a confirmation of my payment. Fast forward two business days later, I now had two transactions of $1, 089 taken out of my bank account. After I noticed it I call the number on the back of the card and explain to them there was a mistake and now my closed account is at -$1, 089 meaning they owe me obviously. I ask the customer service lady to reverse the transaction because it's Friday and I'm going on Vacation on Tuesday. No, they don't have the capability of doing that and they are going to have to send me a check which will take 7-10 business days. Meaning I'm not going to have $1, 089 available. After spending sometime furious and upset speaking with the supervisor and everyone else I come to terms with it and say ok ill deal with it when I get back from vacation. Fast forward again 7 days later, I left on Tuesday for vacation and came back on Tuesday to find NO check in my mail. After calling yet again the lady tells me it has been processed on March 28th Friday, then finally processed on April 3rd, then from April 3rd it takes 5-7 business days which means I won't get it for another God Damn Few business days. Don't ever NEVER will do business with Barclay Cards or Banks again. Lost a customer and all my family and friends!

E
10:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Worst credit card ever. Barclay's has no concept of customer service. I believe I was discriminated against because I asked a question. They retaliated by blocking my account. They treated me like a criminal. Blocked my account numerous times. Faxed them personal documents including my driver's license, which they cannot find. I feel real secure in them...

5:31 pm EDT

Barclays Bank - Barclays egypt complaint

Dear Sir/Mme,

I am just trying to express my great sorrow about the lack of confidence and neglecting feelings i passed in while communicating with your respectful team working in Egypt especially Credit card team (Sales, activation, telesales and Customer service teams)

I am really annoyed, astonished and regretting that i have issued your Golden Visa card through one of telesales team who i couldn't remember his name especially when i compared this with my own experience working in Banking field for more over than 6 years in Egypt as a call center Rep. in (BOA bank, ABC bank and AUB bank) then as a call center team leader and Supervisor in (ABC bank then AUB bank)
All of those banks were really doing a great job in terms of Customer service however they might not be considered a worldwide bank like your respectful organization
I got also astonished when i compared the level of Customer focus and importance with my current job as High value Customers Supervisor in one of telecom companies here in Egypt or even when i compared same level with your Competitor bank CIB who i am already now a Customer in since 7/2009 and already have dealt with them in all retail products from debit accounts till credit cards, personal loans and auto loans and really i don't remember if i faced any troubles with them
My complaint begins since the 1st day i communicated with your branch in Egypt by a telesales call from someone from telesales team i can't remember his name for sure nor the date he called me nor the number he called from and below i can tell you why
The call was targeting me to issue a credit card might be from 2 or 3 months before the card issue which issued on 6/13
The thing let me though about Barclay's Golden card was the offer

Free issuing for the 1st year
Free yearly fees for the 1st year
the most imp part was the installment on number of months free of interest and the only condition he stated about this is to call the call center 1st
we tried to manage an appointment many times to pick up my documents but in vein and frankly speaking that was because of mine due to my working hours and sometimes due to our political conditions that period

Finally he came to me and got the papers and promised that issuing Cycle will not last more than 7 Official days which doesn't happen and issuing took almost one month!

During this month and after passing about 2 weeks and getting a lot of other telesales calls from other agents targeting the same target of credit card even till now and which i was very patient with all of them as i knew that in some telesales operations especially here in Egypt there is nothing to do with those interrupting calls

Any way when the delay exceeded the 2 weeks i called the call center as i knew already that investigation needed have done since a week ago with no feedback

i tried to mention that i was having some circumstances and i need the card for the installment option but that was in vein with the rep who even refused to send an email to the card center asking about my case that's why i asked to be contacted by Supervisor what was also refused by the agent at 1st till i insist to be contacted on spot and left on hold and she informed me that the team leaders will call me within 1 hour and finally i told her but please let him do

i have been contacted already and the team leader finally advised that he will escalate the case to the card center

Finally some one from the card center called me a day or 2 days later to confirm with me some data which was meant for me that the card is still not issued !

i asked her about this and she told me that this will take another one week and at the last of the call she was confirming with me the price of the issuing fees which i was educated before that it was a free issuing and activation fees card for the 1st year

i directly asked her to stop the card issuing and to cancel it and she really don't mind

i called the call center again same day to complaint from the sales, agent refused to register my complaint or transferring me to supervisor and also don't mind from my request of card cancellation

After some days i've got a call from sales supervisor or retention supervisor asking me why i did decide to cancel the card and that the delay was because they want to issue me a free card...etc

i was on hospital with my mother and it was our turn i apologized for him and he promised to call back after one hour, he didn't do and card issued as a free issuance card

Delivery company called me to give me the card and after also 3 or 4 trials and appointments but the delay reason that time was from them they finally gave me my card which and after all of this i was still happy that i got it even without the pin code which I received it after may be 3 or 4 weeks after a very long loop

i was happy as i was expecting that i might need it after a while for the feature of the installment interest free i knew from your rep and that' s why i didn't activate the card and let it with me till i need to use it

After some time someone from activation called me to activate the card and resend me my pin and after i confirmed with her that this won't put any charges on card i approve the activation and today i was astonished when i got a message of mini statement that i have charged with an amount that must be paid before 6th Oct and got astonished again when i call the call center and knew that it's the card fees which put on the card directly after activation

Also this is not my target to complaint i was already decided to complaint from another issue since a while but unfortunately i was having no time but what i have knew today push me to do

the most important complaint for me was when i called your respectful call center at 1st week or may be 2 or 3 days later this month when i was doing my car service in the official service center, i was travelling the following day and was seeking to pay by the installment feature i knew from your sales rep

agent told me that there is no offer of installment without interest and the only offer is with only 3 months interest basis and also i am not eligible for it

i asked her to transfer me to the supervisor at once

i has been already transferred to someone addressed him self that he named Mohamed Mahdi the shift leader
who asked me about the sales name and once i told him that i don't know his name he told me to send an email to an email named invoice and that nothing will be done because i can't remember the sales name and that he can't do any thing for me neither to raise any escalation

i really was shocked by this reply, i know very well that all calls are recorded and even if it wasn't, there is for sure something could be done from a supervisor or a shift leader in a firm like Barclay's bank for an angry customer passed by all of this rather than this metal tone i am always receiving when i called your call center in each time

i urge your fast action and response to this complaint for nothing but saving your image

I’ve already decided to buy the full amount and close the card and issue another one from my bank CIB or fetching any other installment card but i am really astonished and disappointed from the image i got about Barclays

On a separate note i want to drag your attention that i told this Guy that I’ll complaint on worldwide Barclay’s website and he did nothing

Waiting to hear from you