Avis Rent A Carovercharged

I rented a car and picked it from Memphis Avis on 1/27 about 9:30 pm. When I handed the agent (male, id52383) my AmEx card he asked me if I wanted to decline optional insurance since AmEx covers rental insurance. I said 'yes, that's why I always use AmEx for car rentals' and he went about entering my information. When he was done he said insurance was declined and told me to click 'accept' a couple of times then sign, which I did.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Memphis, TN When I returned the car Sunday morning, yep, the receipt showed charges for insurance and the man taking the car told me to speak with someone at the counter or call Avis.

I called Avis, but the [protected] said that I'd have to speak with Memphis customer service directly. I called them numerous times today, Monday (because Memphis Customer Service is closed on Sundays), and the automated recording says they are busy with other customers and it transfers me back to the national 1-800 number.

I've rented cars for years, and in many countries, and this is the first time I've ever been manipulated to pay more. But when the agent says he declined insurance and says to accept and sign, that's what I did.

Ca