Having problems with Avis?

1800 352 7900 (USA & Canada)
1800 288 8888 (Mexico)
+44 808 284 5566 (United Kingdom)
+61 293 539 000 (Australia)
+64 95 263 258 (New Zealand)
+43 800 104 407 (Austria)
+32 27 306 211 (Belgium)
+45 33 268 080 (Denmark)
+31 882 847 000 (Netherlands)
+351 211 201 936 (Portugal)
+41 848 811 818 (Switzerland)
+852 28 822 927 (Hong Kong)
+62 213 142 900 (Indonesia)
+60 376 282 300 (Malaysia)
+63 27 184 061 (Philippines)
+966 14 761 300 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 67 371 668 (Singapore)
+27 113 878 431 (South Africa)
+82 261 470 209 (South Korea)
+66 225 111 312 (Thailand)
+54 114 378 9640 (Argentina)
+57 16 104 455 (Colombia)
+58 22 615 556 (Venezuela)
Six Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 699000, Tulsa, OK 74169-9000

More Contacts

Complaints & Reviews

Avis Car Rentalawful company

I rented a car in Stockholm, Sweden for two weeks last spring. I told them I did not want their extra insurance, as I pay $25 to my credit card company each time I rent a car with their card, for their premium coverage.

The agent printed out a rental contract in Swedish ( I don't understand Swedish ) and told me to initial it to decline the insurance---he had actually filled in the contract to indicate that I accepted the insurance. My wife was standing next to me and heard me decline the insurance.

My credit card company has disputed the $350 charge with Avis and I have contacted Avis customer service---they refuse to correct this fraudulent charge because they have a contract with my initials on it.

I have contacted Christopher Elliott ( the ombudsman at National Geographic Traveler magazine )---He says this is known as the 'sign here scam' for foreign tourists.

Albany Airportbad service

Rented a car, have confirmation. Plane was delayed so budget closed and left me stranded in ALBANY Airport during a snowstorm!

Phone # given on confirmation out of service! Manager Laura Young NOT on duty.

It took 3 phone calls to [protected] (reservations) as customer service was also conveniently closed!

NOE (supervisor) from reservations refused to help, said to wait until they reopened at 6am. I asked if they were going to apy for hotel, they refused. Said there was NOTHING" they could do!

Their confirmation isn't worth the papers its printed on as they won't honor it or compensate you in any way. If you want to actually get your car rent from AVIS.

Avis Frankfurt Airport — avis frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card

Dear all, 2 weeks ago I rented a car at AVIS Frankfurt airport; if you know that horrible airport, you will...

Avis Rent A Car — endangers single women in the dark

Avis requires that receipts be presented when cars are returned, showing that the gas tank was filled within...

Avis Car Rental — overcharge and misrepresentation

Prior to my recent trip to Italy, I contacted and booked most of my trip on Expedia. As far as a car rental...

Avisbad service

On [protected] i flew to Houston and rent a car from AVIS. First they gave me a Honda Accord with a dead battery, then they gave me a Chevrolet Impala with two front tires that are worn to the bone, and i did not see it. The car vibrated uncomfortably above 60 mph and i was so scared because the two front tires can blow anytime. I was so mad at myself because i did not check the tires and i was also mad at AVIS and wonder why they dare to give customer that kind of car with two worn-out front tires(two rear tires are good), why their stupid mechanic put two bad tires in the front? they do not care about customer safety?..so be carefull folks.

• Re
          ready2sue_2010 Jan 23, 2010

your complaint was posted quite a while back, but had to comment just incase you still might catch these.

I too had the same sort of situation with my last Avis Rental. I actually didn't realize the tires were bad until one blew on me, as I was pulling out of my driveway, and slowly (5mp most!) turning the vehicle to go. I put it into Drive, and within 2 seconds the tire blew, throwing me practically into the ditch. i was basically right in front of my home, so very thankful about that. it was pouring down raining too, so I would have been in a huge mess had I gone very far. Long story short, they blamed me for causing the tire to blow, being so rude, not caring that i was hurt physically, and telling me if i had purchased the insurance they tried to tell me about, i wouldn't be in this position.
          I have never been treated so horribly in my life. To make it even worse, they charged my credit card about $800 too much and b/c they had a signature on file (not for that amount!), my bank re-issued the charge after i denied it. They need to be shut down.
          Sincerely,
          Tina R.
          Dallas, tx

• Fl
          Flower Jan 25, 2011

Avis Rent a Car in Fullerton (1105 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA) rents out a car that was flagged for recall due to faulty brakes. I only found out about this when I got figured in an accident (luckily no one was injured) when the brakes failed. The towing service guy told me that the Dodge Avenger (the rented out to me) was actually flagged for recall.

Beware of Avis if you value your life!

Also, when they hold you responsible when you cannot return the car on time. Which actually, I was at the specified location at the appropriate date/time; but there was no one from Avis at that location for hours! And they were threatening to charge me for extra days and/or towing services.

It was a mistake to rent from Avis!

amlalone Mar 25, 2011

Tina R.

I am not going to say that Avis cars or tires, or any rental for that matter are in pristine
          condition. In fact I will say that often times tires are slightly worn. However I ask why you chose Avis in the first place? was it the price? part of paying a lower cost means the cost has to come from somewhere, All Avis cars are rented lower than 35, 000 miles, the average tire life is 40, 000. Now with missed rotations and such wear can most certainly exist. The operator at your location however has no ability to purchase new tires, short of actually paying for them out of pocket.

Now is it like playing a game of roulette? perhaps that is a fair analogy
          but the fact is the tire did blow when you were operating the car, and you had declined to pay
          for coverages on that tire.

pretty open and shut case. your signature was on file, exactly. read what you sign before you sign it, ask questions, look over the vehicle and raise any concerns and get responses in writing if neccessary. they have damage report slips that you could have notated a worn tire on. If you didn't see the worn tire, then perhaps it was not wear that caused the tire to blow.

to the OP, most locations do not have their own mechanic and have a central location ie. an airport where they send their fleet to be maintained, if a limited fleet is available they agency probably had little choice with the car they provided you. and you could have always reviewed the car and declined to take it.

• So
          SonaJansen Feb 27, 2015

We rented electrical car from AVIS for one month.
          The car was promissed to be able to pass 200 km before each charging. It was only 90km.We went to talk with them and they changed the car. The new car could pass only120km.
          Then the charger stopped charging the car and they wanted it back and they said they will give a new one.
          They didn't have new charger for us one week. And we couldn't use the car.
          Then they wanted the car again back again to give another one because they wanted to fix that one for something that we weren't told about, neither when they gave it to us, neither when they took it back.
          We asked what can be done about this that we paid for whole month but we couldn't use it for a week.

and their manager was extremely rude, that made me cry.

Avisfraudulently overcharged my credit car

We rented a car from Avis from 3/29/2008 to 4/14/08. The agreeable rental total was $531.00.

Unfortunately, when we received the credit statement, we were billed for $696.55. We were very frustrated and immediately went through the a seris of events of contacting the local place, the fleet/district manager and the Corporate Office.

The AVIS TEAM took side of one another and quickly turned our case now. They said that the extra charges were for clearning but when we returned the car, we were told that everything ws OK.

The recent rental experience with Avis was very terrible and unacceptable. When we brought the car, we returned it to the branch manager's husband. Upon inspecting the car, he informed us that everything was fine and we were free to go. We asked him twice to give me some form of paper indicating the car was OK. Twice, he said it was OK and we could leave. We both left after the second verbal OK. This means this is the termination of our contract between us and Avis. At that point, we are no longer held responsible or liable with the car.

If there were issues, we should have been informed back then. A claim should have been filed at the moment when we returned the car. We brought the car back four hours before it was due and we even cleaned it beforehand. If the condition was not acceptable, we could have done something to work it out. The extra cleaning fee charged on the credit card is excessive. A car cleaning usually costs from $15.00 - $50.00 at the max. The price charged appears to be synonymous to a detailing fee.

Teresa (the manager) and her husband do not run the rental car agency in a professional manner. They are very dishonest, unethical and irresponsible in this matter. Teresa was out of the country when we returned the car so she had no idea of the car�s condition. When a car is discharged, this should be the end of the rental. Adding extra fees after the car is signed off leads to bogus charges which I have no way of verifying. The car is no longer in my possession. There is no way for me to dispute the claim. False claims can be fabricated.

• My
            Myrna Arrowsmith Nov 11, 2010

We rented a car from Avis at Melpase Airport. We hired it for three days. Unfortunately having given ourselves 2 hours to get to Melpase Airport the clutch went on the car it just stuck in. We tried many many times to contact Avis who continually said put the phone down we will ring you back with an English speaking person. They did not. We were in a very vuneralble position having just come through at lest a six lane toll leading to another road. There was anoter road to the right of the car and barrier with a 15' drop so we could go nowhere for safety! Eventually we rang UK Avis who tried to be helpful but were unable to find us for another twenty minutes. When finally they tracked us down they sent a protective vehicle to protect the car. Ten minutes later the tow truck arrived and took us to a village - I have no idea where - they arranged for a taxi which took us to the airport but unfortunately as my husband was in a wheel chair and we had no idea where to go we missed the checkin for our flight by a matter of minutes. We then had to book another flight with another airline and fly to Heathrow instead of Birmingham! We had also to pay 99 Euros for the taxi to the airport. When we checked our bank statement Avis had charged not only for the hire of the car but the accident/breakdown plus petrol and airport charges. In total we are now nearly £2, 500 out of pocket. Anyone any suggestions as to how we get our money back. The smallprint printed on the reverse in Italian is not much help!!!

amlalone Mar 25, 2011

Agreed, this complaint is spot on, especially when compared to other ones on this site.

The verbal ok places, all of the solace now on the agency. If they had an issue and you were on location at the time of return, then correct, the release of you being told all was ok is in fact
            a termination of your contract.

Avis Rent A Car — over charge

I reserved a Avis rental car through CarRentals.com. The reservation was for 2 days @ $25.99/day. When I...

Avis / Rent A Carcustomer service issue

I recently rented a car from avis and they authorize my insurance company these to do direct billing, i still had to put a 100 hold on my credit card only for security, reasons.They informed me that 7/18/08 will be the return date at that time my insurance will stop billing i returned the vehicle as stated when i got there they claim they didn't have authorization but they forgot they contacted me to make me aware every time it was extended, they were suppose to take a hold off my card but haven't and they don't have reason why i stopped by to speak with them about this issue and told the worker what i thought about them making excuses to hold my 100. The worker became angry with me and ran up on me yelling at me stating hes going to charge everything on my card and that i am going to pay for calling him out i contact the police due to his aggression and he got out of my face the police did nothing at call stated he didn't hit me, so i should be ok. They were rude and he was a man the way he ran up in my face made me intimidated what can i do

Avis — I cannot pay my bill

I have received 4 letters collections department in the past months. I attempted to pay with an American...

Avis Car Rentalattitude towards customer

THE PURPOSE OF THIS E-MAIL IS TO MAKE THAT THE NEXT CUSTOMER WILL NOT BE BADLY TREATED.

THIS IS THE CONSERAVATION I HAD WITH THE THE EMPLOYEE LEWIS AND HIS MANAGER ALEX ZABOWSKY YESTERDAY, TUESDAY 27, 2008 AT 12NOON

MOHAMMAD(MM): LEWIS. WHAT CAR I AM GETTING, FORD COMPANY. I NEED GM CARS AND CAN'T USE FORD.
            LEWIS: VERY RUDELY, YOU SHOULD HAVE IN YOUR PROFILE
            MOHAMMAD: IT'S IN THE PROFILE.

MM: ITS IN MY PROFILE AND I HAVE BEEN USING YOUR CARS FOR MORE THAN FIFTEEN YEARS.

MM: I DID NOT PRONONUNCE HIS NAME CORRECTLY AS IN FRENCH LOUIE.

LEWIS: VERY RUDELY AGAIN MY NAME IS THIS LEWIS NOT LOUIE.

MM: WHY IS YOUR ATTITUDE SO RUDE AND I TOLD HIM IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR JOB YOU SHOULD SOMETHING AS YOU ARE IN A SERVICE INDUSTRY.

LEWIS: IGNORED ME AND SAID WHY I AM YELLING.

MM: CAN I TALK TO YOUR MANAGER.

MM: ALEX, I DO NOT LIKE TO COMPLAIN BUT I DO NOT THAT THE CUSTOMNERS TO BE RUDELY . I STARTED TO EXPLAIN AS SOON AS I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE GM CAR. ALEX, I WAS THEIR AND IT WAS NOT RUDE BEFORE EVEN HE HAS HEARD ME. VERY POLITELY I TOLD HIM, CAN I HAVE YOUR FULL NAME AND HE SHOWED ME HIS BATCH AND AS I WAS WALKING AWAY, HE ASKED WOULD I LIKE TAKE THE GM CAR. I SAID NO THANK YOU. WENT INSIDE THE AIRPORT AND ASKED FOR THE MANAGER I WAS TOLD THAT VERY POLITELY THAT NICHOLAS WILL BE IN TOMORROW. ENQUIRED WHY DO I NEED TO SEE HIM AND I TOLD HIM ABOUT LEWIS AND ALEX ATTITUDE. HE REPLIED I AM SORRY AND IF I CAN LEAVE MY NUMBER THAT HE WOULD GIVE IT NICHOLAS.

FUTURE ACTION: I WILL NOT RENT FROM AVIS OF THIS LOCATION UNLESS THE ACTION IS TAKEN AGAINST BOTH OF THE INDIVIDUALS ABOVE TO AVOID FUTURE BEHAVIOR WITH THE CUSTOMERS.

Avis Rent - A - Carscammed

Upon returning the rental car, An Avis representative advised me he would call me a taxi to the airport. I told him I lived in Costa Rica and needed a taxi less than 3 miles up the road. He told me that would be $10.00. Because I live in CR I know that the meter at most would be less than $5.00 (2500.00 colones). So I declined his taxi and said I would get my own. He then without looking at the car that I drove in said to me "Your antenna is broken and your going to have to pay for that". - what a scam!! I couldnt believe he was going to break my antennia or charge me because I wouldnt take his friends overpriced taxi. He then refused to give me any receipts for my credit cards - I used a different one for the GPS rental. Im waiting to see how much they bill my credit cards- since they wouldnt even give me a receipt.

Avis/ Budget Car Rentalfalse damages

April 14, 2008

Avis / Budget Car Rental, LLC
                6 Sylvan Way
                Parsippany, NJ 07054

Attention: John Barrows, Vice President
                Corporate Communication & Public Affairs

Reference: Budget Contract Nr. [protected] (3/3/08 El Paso)

Dear Mr. Barrows:

Events in your El Paso Airport facility are reflecting a very negative light on the good name of Avis / Budget.

March 3rd, I rented a car at the El Paso Airport terminal. I was given a 2008 Nissan, along with your standard Vehicle Condition Report that has a diagram of the vehicle’s condition. (Attachment #1). As described in the report that was handed to me, the vehicle was severely scratched and marred from one end to the other. I did my traditional walk around and saw the dozen of scrapes and scratches they noted, along with the caveat, “No Roof Damage”, which led me to believe they were quite aware of the severity of damage to the vehicle prior to my rental.

Two weeks later, out of the blue, I received a phone call from Angelica Lopez, of the Suborgation Management Team in San Antonio Texas. She stated she received a Budget damage report pertaining to the vehicle I rented. I asked her what kind of damage? She stated that the front had been damaged and the bumper was missing. I immediately sent my rebuttal to those allegations. (Attachment #2)

Let me state categorically, I caused no damage to the vehicle.

Through several phone calls to Ms. Lopez, I requested an itemized estimate, the photos, and more details. Finally, on April 7th, I received a letter that should have had the estimates, photos and details. I received nothing but a letter requesting $1, 185.66. (Attachment #3 ) Again, I asked for the details. My insurance company USAA has informed me that they have been uncooperative and evasive.

They finally faxed me over the incident report that says “ft. bumper rt side middle scrape” (Attachment #4)

Still, this is not enough information. More phone calls were made. I finally got a copy of the itemized damage estimate. This list includes, the front bumper, front fenders, front door, rear view mirror, door moldings, panels, and get this door handles. Hey, why not the Alamo? I hear it’s damaged too.. (Attachment #5)

This is a blatant act on behalf of Budget El Paso to blame another customer, and attempt to get them to pay for the damages.. This is a scam.. Pure and simple.

I know armed with this knowledge you will investigate the practices of this office and bring the El Paso team back to good ethical business practices that you at Avis/Budget strive for. I have already contacted the Better Business Bureau and will peruse this matter fervently.

I look forward to a resolution to this situation.

Sincerely,

Nonny Kristina Bailey

cc: Better Business Bureau Texas, KVIA / El Paso, El Paso Times, Las Cruces Sun,
                USAA, Alice Pereira PR Avis/Budget, Ronald Nelson

Nonny Kristina Bailey 285 Thorpe Rd. Las Cruces, New Mexico 88005
                25265 Terreno Drive Mission Viejo, CA 9269
                [protected] / cell [protected]

Avis Car Rental — overcharged!

I rented a car from Avis for a 1 way trip to Florida from Louisville International Airport, however I wound...

Avis — extend car rental

To extend rental car at AVIS, required the driver's personal credit card info. or other personal info...

Avis Car Rentalfradulent charges after return of vehicle

I was traveling from Iowa on sept 13 2007 to VA and was stranded Richmond International Airport around 11:30 p.m. I had to rent a vehicle at Richmond International Airport in order to drive to another airport to pick up my personal vehicle. I am a military service member and was on my way to report to Ft. Story, VA. I returned the vehicle with a tank full of gas and WITH NO DAMAGES NOR UNCLEAN around 3:00 a.m. on september 14th to their other airport location, and of course, no one was there. So , I dropped off the keys and a copy of my contract along with the mileage I traveled, got in my own car and drove to Ft. Story. I had orders to report at noon on Ft. Story in Virginia Beach, VA that same day. After three weeks, I checked my credit card statement and Avis had charged me 448. 00! They were supposed to have only charged me $200.00 as a refundable deposit and then $48.00 for the actual usage of the vehicle. I called them and they accused me of returning the vehicle in Washington D.C. with no fuel replenished and that's why they refused to credit my card. I called them several times over a period of two weeks to get them to straighten this out and have refused to credit my card and on top of that, they keep putting me on the back burner and telling me that they are investigating my complaint. They also accused me of lending my car to another person and according to their imaginary world they live in, that other "person" drove the car to D.C. I called my credit card company and asked them to help me and Capital One filed a fraudulent charge and is handle ling it. As of this date, september 4, 2007, Avis has NOT called me to apologize for the charges nor to inform me of their investigation.

They have terrible costumer service and I am beyond appalled by this. If you ever need a rental vehicle, Don't use Avis!

Avis — overcharged (for fuel)

I filled the gas tank not more than 3-5 miles from the AVIS rental return at Orlando airport. I was charged...

Avisdeceptive fees and charges

My friend and I were driving in Whyoming when the ice caused us to fish tale and land in a snowbank. Because I wave insurance on the vehicle I knew I was responsible for the damage to the car, so you can understand my shock, when AVIS decide to salvage the vehicle instead of repairing it. Instead of costing $5,000 in repairs I got slapped with a bill for $12,200 in which I am not certain if my insurance will cover it because they authorized fixing it. In addition we received over $1,000 in administration and loss of use fees, is it our fault Avis waited so long to fix the problem?

• Le
                        Legal Eagles Apr 05, 2008

Bait and switch is the name of Avis game here.
                        If you have anything stating Avis was to fix then you are fine. Your insurance company should be taking the lead on this not you. Thats why you have insurance. Let them hash it out. Avis is good for bait switch in sales tactics as well as accidents after the fact. Always get insurance... a few dollars and less headache. Recommend not to rent from Avis business or personal.

mark guy Jul 11, 2008

Had a friend who had a similar thing happen. He paid St Farm $100 to handle the issue and they took care of it. St Farm good. Avis bad...go somewhere else when you rent. I switche to Enterprize. I rent every week Enterprize is not without their issues, but the always take care of the issues when you call them. Avis just dishes you out a load of crap.

chester nestor Apr 07, 2009

word up on this ! alot of Rental car companys have m&D depts .
                        the damaged cars have a set price for repairs or totaled - the cars that can be repaired in most cases, are auctioned off with clear title
                        others that are totals are auctioned with salvage titles.
                        in most cases, the rental company keeps the car and collects on the damage done or insurace ! so you have -them getting paid for damages or loss - and then collecting again on the auctioned vech.
                        game or what ? Im guessing most insurance companys dont want the totaled car. buy the insurance ! play it safe and cover yourself
                        and car you rent! you never know what new games big companys play on us all.

• Yo
                        yonnie626 Mar 25, 2010

Buy the coverage you ###.

amlalone Sep 22, 2010

ya, you declined the coverage accepting responsibility, If you damaged the vehicle expect to pay for it. Avis is supposed to eat a few thousand dollars of repairs because you paid them $40 a day? stupid complaint

Avis Rent A Car System, Llcbecause of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses!

I rented a car at the Sky Harbor Airport site on 2/16/07. When I returned the car on 2/19/07, bad traffic caused me to hurry a bit too much and I left my prescription sun glasses in the front of the car, either in the console area or sitting on the passenger seat. I called Avis the minute I got to the airport to let them know I left my glasses. Since they were calling my flight, the customer service rep said to call when I got home. I did so, but they were closed so I called the next morning and left a message for lost & found to call me back. They didn't so I called again. They still didn't reply so I called customer service and they said I should hear from them before 4 p.m. their time. I didn't so I called again and was told that they closed at 3 p.m. I called again the next day and still didn't get anyone in lost & found so I called customer service again. They called the rental place and got me in touch with a manager. He called me and said that nothing had been turned in yet but it might take a few days for it to trickle down to lost & found. I called again yesterday (3/5/07) and received a call back on 3/6/07. No glasses. These glasses cost me over $200 and Avis says too bad. Although their people aren't supposed to mess with items left in the car, it appears that someone did. Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses.

• Ri
                          Rita Heads Oct 31, 2007

I telephoned Avis whilst in Orlando as I had left a sweater in their reception area at the airport. I made three calls on three consecutive days and never received a reply within 24 hours of any call as they stated on their answer phone. Waste of time and effort.

• Cy
                          Cynthia Hruschka Mar 20, 2008

Avis Rent A Car, LLC - Dishonest Company. I rented from them six months ago. When returning the car I rubbed the bumper leaving a small black mark on it. Neither the integrity of the paint or fiber glass were harmed in any way. It should have taken a solution at the car wash to take this spot out for about $15.00 US dollars. Otherwise, the car was perfect and sparkling-clean. Being the honest consumer that I am - I reported the issue right away- they made me fill out paper work with insurance information, etc... Instead, some five months later I receive a bill for 611.00 us dollars, phony photos with claims for repair to both front and back bumpers. I don't know if the pictures are altered or if this was damaged done over the five months by other renters and then they just decided to try and pin it on me. I believe the photos to be altered. The repair reports they sent in were phony & I believe generated from their own system. Fortunately I was smart enough to take my own photo of the mark before leaving. Even though the paper work I filled out shows the mark in one area of car-they are claiming all kinds of damages to the front and back bumpers. When I called them on the phone they tried to con me into promising to pay an amount but then wouldn't tell me what the amount was. I remained firm because I knew this was non-sense. They finally said the actual damage was really only $500.00 us dollars but would I agree to pay $300.00 us dollars. I told them I did not like their business practice & I would respond to them in writing. I sent certified paperwork with a return receipt in my hands dated Feb 28th, 2008. I received another letter dated March 10, 2008 stating that they've made repeated attempts to reach me...failure to respond may be deemed as admission of liability. Keep in mind that not a single letter is signed by anyone.

Who runs this company? It is very seedy business practice that left a bad taste in my mouth.

If anyone has had a similar issue I would be willing to back you up with a written statement pertaining to my experience. You are not alone. From my experience they do fraudulent business and have a very bad bed-side manner for doing business. I feel that businesses like this should be banned from doing business in the US.

As a consumer I do my best to report stuff like this to prevent others from being taken advantage of. I have never had a problem with other car rental companies in CA before.

My issue with Avis is not resolved at the time this post is going up.

• Ed
                          Edward NY Aug 16, 2008

On 8/09/08 in Atlanta GA I attempted to rent a vehicle @ the airport location. I encountered an Avis employee who attempted to assist me with my problem. The vehicle I wanted to rent that was brought to me had stains on the seat and was VERY dirty around the arm rest and the steering wheel. The Avis employee attempted to try to get the areas cleaned (which was not this persons job) the employee brought the car back to me and proceded to apologize to me because he could NOT get the car's dirt and stains removed, why? and this is exactly what they said to me " Sir, I'm sorry but the individual did attempt to clean the vehicle again but because the management at Avis only gives the car cleaners glass cleaner, because it's the cheapest to use, he was sorry but the dirt could not be removed.
                          I was also told that many vehicles are only wiped down when there has been blood in the car and NOT sanitized.
                          This employee again apologized and suggested that I go next door and rent from National. I'm sorry to say I would have to suggest that people think twice before going to Avis Atlanta Airport as the vehicle are not as clean as one would think. The have lost me as a customer. Is this a corporate policy or just a management team in Atlanta trying to save money at the expense of the public.

• Tw
                          twentysixes Aug 05, 2009

Every single Rent-A-Car company on the globe, clearly states on their terms that personal property left in rentals upon return is 100% at your own risk!

Should have gotten there early and checked the car for your belongings yourself.

But of course, you wanted to use the car to the rentals last possible minute...

Avis Car Rental — outrageous debit on car scratch

Hired a car in Luxembourg Opel Corsa 1200. The car was very slightly scratched by unknown car during parking...