Amazon Prime / membership

I checked my bank on 4/1/18 notice a charge of $14.06 from Amazon Prime for membership fee. I notified the bank of the fraudulent charge on my debt card. The bank immediately cut the card off and issued me a new card that would arrive in 5-7 business days. After the bank refunded my checking accounting, I notice a new charge of $14.12 to another card number. When I called the bank to notified them of the new charge from Amazon Prime membership but they used a different card number. The bank was stunned to learn that Amazon Prime had used my new debit card before I received it in the mail. The only explanation was that because VISA was not informed that the charge was fraudulent and gave them my new card number. As of 4/11/18, I have received 2 more charges against my old debit card and the bank has declined both charges ($14.22 each). I have tried to contact Amazon Prime and tried to unsubscribed but they still charging.

Sh
Apr 11, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      11th of Apr, 2018

if you had amazons prime service than they do have the right to charge you as stated in the terms
    its not fraud if you sign up or opt in for a paid service

• Su
      11th of Apr, 2018

Prime membership is. $99/year. Sounds like a monthly fee for something else. If your card is declined, banks don't provide a new number to a merchant. Banks aren't allowed to give out your credit card number. Sounds like you received it in email and were hacked. Call Amazon and ask what the charges are for. But if you weren't given the new debit card number, I can't see how a merchant got it. Ask Amazon.

• 9w

audible is a amazon company so you most likely tried there free 30 day offer

• Na
      16th of Apr, 2018

same thing happened to me for the same charge. now im wondering if scammers got ahold of this