[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / car rental
Originally I booked the compact choice because I was the only person in the vehicle and was flying to a different state to conduct my military duty. The charge was approximately 130, I had made the reservation over a month in advance. To my surprise no vehicles in that category existed, so they just told me take another car from the lot. I had arrived at around 10:30 PM and had a 2.25 hour drive to the military installation. Once I come back I expected a fee for not filling up the tank because I was running late but to my surprise they charged me 260 additional dollars. That totalled 390... triple my original quote I discussed with the agent the day I arrived. I am dumbfounded, and cannot believe I'm being charged 400 for renting a car for 3 days.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Updated by Soteloc1991, Oct 29, 2018
I forgot to mention that once I dropped the vehicle off the agent gave me a receipt of about 186, which also was a massive surprise to only see it be 260 a couple minutes later as I'm running to security and then my terminal. What in the world is this company doing.
Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Nov 01, 2018
Sotelec1991, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.
More Alamo Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo - extra charge from ec vehicle rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car hire in anaheim 
- Alamo Car Rental - driver hinting for tips
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - over charged and customer service is the worst. please stay away from alamo rent a car.
- Alamo Car Rentals - non-refund of money owing