[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / car rental

Houston, TX, United States

Originally I booked the compact choice because I was the only person in the vehicle and was flying to a different state to conduct my military duty. The charge was approximately 130, I had made the reservation over a month in advance. To my surprise no vehicles in that category existed, so they just told me take another car from the lot. I had arrived at around 10:30 PM and had a 2.25 hour drive to the military installation. Once I come back I expected a fee for not filling up the tank because I was running late but to my surprise they charged me 260 additional dollars. That totalled 390... triple my original quote I discussed with the agent the day I arrived. I am dumbfounded, and cannot believe I'm being charged 400 for renting a car for 3 days.

Alamo Rent A Car
Alamo Rent A Car

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Soteloc1991, Oct 29, 2018

I forgot to mention that once I dropped the vehicle off the agent gave me a receipt of about 186, which also was a massive surprise to only see it be 260 a couple minutes later as I'm running to security and then my terminal. What in the world is this company doing.

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Nov 01, 2018

Sotelec1991, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

So