Alamo / alamo is not an honest company
I have booked a car for 4 days from Alamo through the Internet, to be picked up at Raleigh-Durham airport. The charge is around $130 total. It is a good rate and the cheapest that I could find on the internet. On the day of the pick-up, I arrived at the rental counter 1/2 hour early because of early flight arrival. I was surprised to learn that they would charge me $30 more for picking up 1/2 hour early, saying that that's how the computer works and there is nothing they could do about it. I then decided to wait 30 minutes to pick up my car. During the 3o-minute waiting time, I heard 2 other customers who wanted to change their rental time slightly and were being charged outrageous prices on top of the original prices. After I finished signing the rental agreement, I wanted to test how Alamo would respond to a normal situation. I asked what would be the additional charge if I return the car 2 hours later the original booking time. The agent behind the counter said he did not know and the computer would not show. He said the only way to find out was to return it 2 hours later than the agreed time and the computer would then show what it would be. That's sounded so ridiculous because if I could book via the internet by talking to their computer, why couldn't their computer tell me the late charges. I do not like the eerie feeling of being charge an unknown outrageous amount.
When I stepped out of the rental office, I made a remark to another Alamo customer that Alamo is scamming its customers. He said he had the same feeling. He and I both said it would be our last time doing business with Alamo.
More Alamo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Alamo Car Rental - citation fees I was charged 
- [Resolved] Alamo Damage Recovery Unit - charges for damages we did not cause 
- Alamo Rent A Car - alamo early return policy can triple your costs! 
- Alamo Rental Car - bogus damage! 
- Alamo Rent A Car - rate is crazy changed for changing drop off location 
- Alamo Rent A Car - unethical behavior
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - enterprise, national complaining
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - car rental
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - claim of invoice (receipt) no ra448059703, res 1839589945, ext ref 553916367
- [Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car - alamo rent acar tolls 877-8601284 usa