AirtelCallHome.com

Posted:

no customer care number active, website full of errors!

4.55
I recently purchased the Prepaid card from Airtel for making calls to India. They have great rate of 7.9 c per minute with a promotional offer of doubling your balance on the first purchase and the first recharge before Jan 1st and Jan 31st respectively. But what is the use of all this, when businesses rush in to cash in on the holiday season and come out with Applications that don't serve the purpose.

1) The website is error prone. It takes a long time to populate any dynamic data like my balance or my user account information.

2) I cannot register my number to make pinless call as it has been throwing the same error for the past two days.

3) I cannot get hold of a Customer Care representative through the Toll Free number they have published.

I think this is my last purchase from Airtel, if things don't get better by this week. I am going to stick with RelianceIndiaCall or some other provider.
Complaint comments Comments (92) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

A  14th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I have signed up for using Airtel calling cards on December 11th. The card offered substantial savings over the existing competitor rates. Now coming to the problem(s):

1) I tried registering my phone number to use the pinless dialing feature using their website www.airtelcallhome.com, but due to some reason (the site actually says "cannot register due to some error") I had been unsuccessful in registering my number.

2) I tried to contact their so-called 24/7 call center but to no avail. The number just wouldn't work(1-877-247-5150).

3) I tried to register a complaint through their website it just wouldn't allow me to do it.

Sometimes it gets onto my nerves, oops I almost forgot. The site let me pay the amount, it just worked fine.
A  14th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I fully agree with all the complaints by other members. These airtel guys are really cheating. When I registered with them the website gave me an error stating that the credit card transaction failed but still they charged my card. Unknowingly I had tried to register 3 times for $25 each and all have been charged to my account. Now neither my account is created nor have they provided me the minutes. This is fraud and some severe action must be taken against them. Their customer care number is always engaged and even if I get the line, I'm not able to speak with the customer care representative. Even they are not allowing me to register a complaint on their website. This is utter non-sense. They should understand that they are doing business in the US and should not cheat customers like this. Pls anyone tell me how should I gain back this money. Once I get it back I'll never turn back to airtel.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
Laxminarayan, even I am having the same problem with them. The have charged my credit card but not given me any user id/password. Now whenever I try to call them, their number is always busy. No reply to emails.

I think someone should go ahead and sue them.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
This is the Worst site I have ever seen. Airtel is ROBBING us. They are charging the credit cards but not giving any pin/ account number. The most frustrating part is, I received the message that transaction failed and credit card not charged, but then It is charged. They are THIEVES robbing our hard earned money. We should certainly sue that. Call center number does not work and Mail bounce back.
Same story.
Credit card charged twice. incorrect registration info.no way to complain.cannot use service.
$20 down the drain.
IT IS A SCAM. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I wasted my money and time. I called customer service (could able to connect after so busy signals) and waited for nearly 1 hour to speak with CSR (I just waited to speak to them and to convey my anger ---lost all patience by then), lodged a complaint. More over CSR is saying (even through my credit card statement was showing that it paid to BHARTI AIRTEL), he did not see that and asking me contact my credit card company to get back that amount. What a waste of time and energy? Even they offer me FREE of calls to India, I never go for BHARTI AIRTEL this kind of scam. Beware others!
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
Recently I tried to register at this site, it's full of errors on registration, but the amount got deducted from my account with out any information. Even I sent couple of mail to their customer care mail ID and also submitted complaint on their website. Finally It's turned no use.The number given as 24X7 is never takes you to any service representative.It's waste of time to try on it.
Finally I decided to take it to dispute on this.

It's very bad to see the service of this company, when it tries to get base with international customers.
Cheap thing never makes happy - this is bottom line.
Reliance is good and I never face any problem either in service or quality. Happy to go back to Reliance, even though it is 5 cents more. It brings more smiles on face.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
AIRTEL SUCKS BIG TIME. Since the first time it gave an error message that the registration is unsuccessful, I tries the second time with another credit card. Guess what it failed again but my Credit card was charged in both instances. Lost $50 down the drain. Is there a way to file complaint against these guys. From my Amex card charge, I came to know this payment was sent by Paypal to some place in San Jose. It was sent to:

PAYPAL PRO
2145 HAMILTON AVE
SAN JOSE CA 95125
USA

Can some one confirm if this is a real address and if so can we complain through Paypal.

Thanks.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I had the same problem, I have signed up with $25.00, and registration was not successful, and Airtel charged my credit card. Called the customer care no, but it doesn't work.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I have seen my patience level going hay way after useless trials to register at AirtelCallHome.com. Its a pathetic service brought by INDIA's leading Telecom company Bharti.

I have nearly tried around 15 times to register at their site seeing the promotional offer it was providing. Obviously cheaper service means saving some extra bucks to stay tuned to our folks in INDIA. But, this calling service has gone beyond that. It neither provided registration and robbed our hard earned money. There is a sentimental and emotional disrupt with this stupid service of airtel. I am planning to complain about this to the US Regulatory board. If everyone supports then Airtel is finished. The plight will end even though we don't get our money back, but, at least have the satisfaction that they have been closed.
A high profile company in INDIA doesn't pay to lose their market here in the US.

thanks,
-K
Same story here.
Registered for 25 dollar.
Card charged.
Did not received any account info.
Cannot get customer service.

What a shame!
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
Same story, wasted $50.00!

I wasted several hours to connect to the 877-247-5150 and never got hold of any csr.

I must have sent 10 emails to complain their service but, not a single one get response.
This is nothing but fraud.

Please spread the word to all your friends and family members.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I registered , got billed in my credit card but never go any email about the user id. As a result i cannot even login to the web site. Their customer service number is always busy.

Have been using relianceindiacall for about 2 years without any such problems.

Stay Away from Airtel.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
The website is horrible. After signing showed me failure of credit card and deducted money twice from my account.

Keep away, dangerous!
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I went to http://www.airtelworld.com/. There I found a banner for this stupid site. Its seems this site is holds by airtel only. So there is an address for us to claim our money.
A  15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I agree, I registered on 15th December 2006. there was supposed to be a special offer of double talk time. For $10 i was supposed to get 250 minutes of talk time- but got only 125 minutes. the web page does not open nor does anyone answer the helpline.

Can someone get Sunil Bharti Mittal's e-mail id and send him a e-mail directly telling him he is running a fraud?

Surely we have lawyers and attorneys in to this who can advise on how to sue Airtel.

Shiv Dhawan
100% agreed!

Me, another victim for this and one more of my friend. Airtel really made a bad mark in this business. They have given enough mental & economical pressure to the persons who ever had registered with them.

For whoever is ready to take legal actions against them, you can count on me.

Thanks
Lakshman
Hi all,

I registered yesterday for 100$, they charged my Credit Card bus still I didn't get my user id... Now whenever I try to call them, their number is always busy. No reply to emails.

I think someone should go ahead and sue them.
A  16th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
Guys, can we get together and do something about this? I just got cheated my self. Same issues you guys ran into, no username/password. Registration is unsuccessful. The toll free number is busy. Sick product to seel on the web. Big time cheater. Please beware all your friends. Don't spend a dollar on this one. IT SUCKS!
A  16th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
This is blatant fraud. I was charged $50 from my credit card and I am unable to use the same. It says dial the registered number which I do not understand nor when I try to register it says error. Some times it even does not allow to login and says ID or password incorrect.

This is really fraud on us we should all try to take a severe action on them.
Probably this is the way Suni Bharathi Mittal became a member of top 10 Indians.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree