Having problems with WiMacTel?

WiMacTel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 13, 2012. The latest review collect billing complaint was posted on Apr 15, 2021. The latest complaint Charged for a collect call that never took place was resolved on Apr 21, 2014. WiMacTel has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 13 reviews. WiMacTel has resolved 1 complaints.

WiMacTel Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 476 0881 (United Kingdom)
2225 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 200
Palo Alto
WiMacTel Canada
Suite 109, 16 Midlake Blvd SE, Calgary Alberta, T2X 2X7

WiMacTel Complaints & Reviews

WiMacTelcollect billing complaint

on Feb 21 2021 I received a collect call from from this company phone service. honestly I remember hearing the prompt about pressing 3 to hear rates. So I receive my bill and its charging me $33.69 for a 2 minute well 1 minute and 34 second call. I did reach out to the company on 4/15/2021 and spoke with three different people, whom of know of them could help me. and the last woman I spoke with told me she could not find my number i must have the wrong company. they guy was very rude from the second he answered. I live just outside north of Ocala and the call was made from Orlando . I really wanted to explain to me about the rate of 15.00 per minute. Then I asked for corporate number she never gave it to me. I am very confused about this company and it's rates.

WiMacTelBilling

I received a call from my boyfriend who was recently arrested and my debit card was charged $25 and another $48 from the same company for a call i didn't receive

Billing

WMACTLStealing my money!; telephone booth

On March 4, 2021 I used a payphone in San Francisco, CA at the train station. I used a debit card. I was on the phone for less than one minute. The following day I noticed that this bogus telephone operator had stolen first $25.00 and later that day $38.25 from my account. I did research and discovered this phone operator, wmact1 is a fraud. I want my money returned right away.

Stealing my money!; telephone booth
      Stealing my money!; telephone booth

WiMacTelCharged £31 on a freephone number and not connected

Using a cashless british telecom payphone on the roadside. Followed instructions and range the 0800 (i.E. Freephone) number on the notice, gave my card details for a reverse charge call to the automated service, then cut off. Came home to £31 charge on my banking app. Unbelievable and totally illegal / immoral. What are bt thinking using these fraudsters??!

WiMacTelPayphone

This company is a complete scammer. I made a phone call using my debit card and the price turned out to be $25.0. Even though I spoke for less than 10 minutes. This price was never advertised on the payphone itself. The operating machine said "Please press 3 if you would like to know the price per minute". Before making my call, I kept pressing 3 many times to find out, but there was absolutely no answer. As a scamming or overcharging company, WiMacTel uses a pretext that it is the customer's fault that they do not press 3 to find out the price prior to making the call. By using pretext, they think that they can better scam people. Now, as I said, I did press 3 and there was no answer. You can also try this too. What can WiMacTel now say for my case? They are clearly hiding the price in a fraudulent manner. This scamming company must be shut down immediately. It is ridiculous that FBI or U.S government does nothing to control their scamming activity.

• Ro
              Roxanne Liang Jan 04, 2021

We appreciate you reaching out to the WiMacTel Customer Care Team. We view this as very serious and are currently reviewing this with the utmost importance. My name is Roxanne and I am a representative of WiMacTel. I am in receipt of your report of charges on your credit card. It will be my pleasure to answer any questions you may have and work this matter to resolution with you.
              I will need some information to locate the call records. Will you send me either the first 4 and the last 4 digits of the card that was used for the call, or the number made to [email protected]? With this information, I can investigate the call records to find out the details and provide further assistance as necessary.
              We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.

WiMacTelUnauthorized payment

My card was charged $25 for a transaction thru you all and I want to know what is this for the charges was made on 12/13/20 please look into it for a phone number [protected] please look into it and refund my money back... I shouldn't have to go thru a run around for my money to be issued or refunded back someone stole my info and used my card please help me.

Unauthorized payment

• Ro
                Roxanne Liang Jan 04, 2021

I will need some information to locate the call records. Will you send me either the first 4 and the last 4 digits of the card that was used for the call, or the number made to? With this information, I can investigate the call records to find out the details and provide further assistance as necessary.
                We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.

• Is
                Isiah Steele Mar 06, 2021

@Roxanne Liang 3-6-21 $25.00 for half a minute call, another charge of $39.12 charged for no reason. 4232. 8265.

WiMacTelTelephone charges

I tried to make a phone call from a pay phone on Clumber Park Caravan and Camping site in the UK. My call was never connected and I got the discontinued tone. However, you have taken £5 x 3 from my bank account today. £15 for a call that was never connected??? This money needs to be refunded what info do you need for this to happen? Jill.[protected]@gmail.com

WMACTLphone call charges on debit card

I tied to make a call on a B. T payphone by credit card I entered my card details and as soon as I'd innished entering my card numbers the phone went dead and I wasn't able to make my call I was charged £31 pounds for a call I did not receive by the implant wmactl I spoke to the company by using the public pay phone that I tried to make the call that I was charged £31 for, and was told that I would be reimbursed the £31 within 48 hours once the company realize that I did not get connected for that call but 5 days later and I still haven't been reimbursed so that is my complaint and I'd like to know how I o about getting my money back. Hanks Mr Steve mccarthy

WMACTL — unethical behavior

Uses their pay phone at Omaha Airport on 2/22/2018. Charges listed on phone are four dollars for one minute...

WMACTL — Fraudulent charges

My husband, a long distance truck driver, had an emergency at a rest area in the mountains of West Virginia...

WiMacTel — Charged for a collect call that never took place

Today, 4/21/2014, I received a a bill in the amount of $31.21 for a collect call made to my home phone. I...

WiMacTel, Inc.Crazy fees for call

I used a collect call when talked to my wife in a Chevron station, but nobody told that it will be more than $13 per minute. I talked about three minutes and paid $40 for it. What a joke!

• Investigative guy Aug 03, 2012

This company does this at pay phones all over the country.They never post rates as they know if they admitted they charged $40 for 3 minutes no one would use their service. If you have been scammed by this company tell us your story.Email to [email protected] Dont' let them get away with this scam

wimactel collect call — cost of call

On 12/29/11, I accepted a emergency collect call from a friend in the same city I live in. Yesterday I...