Airtel Prepaid Mobile Services / don't ever call customer care in 121!
I am an airtel mobile prepaid user. My sincere advise to all airtel users is that "dont ever call customer care in 121 believing your complaints would be attended promptly". Airtel has this facility to discourage its customers when they approach with a complaint. According to trai regulations, whenever a customer contacts a mobile operator's customer care, he should be provided with a docket number and the next time you make a follow up call you have to mention this number and the mobile operator should be able to trace the complaint history and know the current status of the complaint. But this procedure is not at all followed by airtel. But some operators like former bpl mobile did this. Whenever you make a complaint, they record it and send you an sms with your query number, so that it would be easy for making a follow up. But airtel customer care executives try to avoid you by asking you lot of questions regarding your complaint and each time you make a call to know your complaint status, a different executive will be attending your call and you will have to explain everything right from the beginning. No matter how many times you contact 121, the same type of situation you will face. If you insist on getting you connected with some higher official, they have a fake button which will make a ring tone noise making you believe that your call is being directed to some higher official of the company but nothing will happen even if you hold the line for five or ten minutes. So the best thing is send an email regarding your complaint to the nodal officer and the ceo/coo of the respective circle. The email addresses can be found out in the following links.
Always prefer for a written response so that you can have a record of the correspondence for future action! You will probably receive a reply in about 2 or 3 days. Even then if your complaint is not redressed properly do not hesitate to send a legal notice and register a case with the consumer addressable forum. And don't hesitate if the amount involved is as low as rs.50 or 100/-. It is our money and we pay for their services and they don’t provide us anything at free of cost!
More Airtel Prepaid Mobile Services Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315
- Bharti Airtel - international roaming - charged more for no service
- Prepaid Airtel Number - number not working
- Bharti Airtel - telephone/ internet