Complaints & Reviews

recharge transaction failure!

I was trying to recharge mobile through online banking-hdfc with an amount '222' for top -up in...

customer care representative not reachable

I am an Airtel pre paid customer availing services from the past 2 years. Airtel is supposed to be one of the best service providers in Karnataka. But off late, i feel it is heading towards being the worst.

Few weeks back, i received a msg saying a recharge of Rs 120 would avail me full talktime with zero validity period. I recharged my cell with 120 Rs but the validity expired almost within a week of my recharge. I still had 110 Rs in my cell. What had happened i assume was, my previous recharge of Rs 460 was taken into consideration and the validity on that recharge was taken into account and my phone was temporarily disconnected. I had no clue as to what had happened. I knew that it was just another trick of Airtel. What irked me most was the fact that there is no bloody way to contact Airtel Customer representative and sort out the issue. I tried numbers [protected], 121, 123 but there is no CLEAR, PROPER option to talk to the CSR!

Thanks,
Jagadish.

• Ab
    Abhinav Atris Nov 24, 2006

My customer are services have been barred, when ever i call on airtel customer care and opt to talk to an ivr my call get disconnected, airtel got a new policy if some one call on customer care for more than 25 times a month, customer care is barred. I activated net on phone service on my cell, after a month it stopped working for that i called the customer care but the issue not solved till 3 weeks, as i called them up for the same issue, my customer care got barred. Also from landline also i cant call up customer care and talk to ivr. For what thing these bagars made customer care, if i got any problem its but natural il call customer care till the time the issue os not solved, whether i call 25 times or 250 times, its their duty to solve the issue....

If they same continue i wont think twice getting my 5 year old number getting cancelled, not not at all satisfactory

Also many times i had words with the executives on phone (called up from my friend's phone) they committed me for 24 hrs many times but it dint worked.....

• Di
    Divay Chadha Feb 17, 2007

I am owning the prepaid number from Delhi Airtel since last 4 years. The latest problem I have faced is that I received an SMS from Airtel that if I recharge using Rs. 439 coupon, I will get Rs. 200 with 6 months validity which I have not received. I recharged it on 12/02/07 and got only 1 month validity with Rs. 200 calling value. When I checked with the customer care( which is almost impossible to reach and some illiterate and untrained ### pick up the calls), I got to know that it was a promotional offer on some selected numbers and I should have given a call before recharging my number. I did that but 121 was not reachable and then I sent my query through SMS on 121 but it was still not answered. What a harassment I am facing at the moment. Can Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal help me and other customers like me who face such kind of problems daily please?

• Im
    Imdadulla Aug 06, 2007

I have tried to contact AIRTEL on 121 and 9849098490 to get my other no# to activate, i am almost tired of calling you guys from past week. I feel the service is really pathetic and not up to the mark. I have almost 4 - 5 Airtel connection in my family i will make sure that nobody will retain the Airtel Service we will change to different ISP.

no network coverage in a mnc building

Hi, I am facing the problem of network in infinity tower dlf-3 gurgaon since last 3 months. I buzzed the airtel customer care many time(almost 20 times). But every time what I got is "The problem will be resolved with in next 7 days". I have a corporate connection and usually sit in the building for 10 hours. This is really a serious matter now. I am not able to pick even a single call. There is no signal in my mobile. Now, I am not understanding is it really a big issue. If I watch the bussiness prospect then I think airtel is a gaint of indian telecom market. But should not be expectable from them that they are failed to resolve the network issue at that place where even MTNL, Hutch and Idea are working perfectly. From this way I just want to buzz the concerned people so that they can now open thier eyes and implement thier efforts in country growth. I do not have other option. I hope this will be help full....

• Ha
    Harish Aug 19, 2008

Hello,
    I took Airtel friends card. My no. is 9860802040. I live in mumbai. Before one week my no. have range in all mumbai but from one week from sion to dadar side area it shows on my cell no access to n/w & when i came back to sion it shows range again.i dont know wt happen with Airtel card.while other Airtel cards shows n/w in same area.

• Mi
    Milton Sep 14, 2008

Hi i am residing at dharavi mumbai
    My Mobile No. is 9867865885

Since the very last two months we dharavi people facing network problems. As there is no airtel tower in dharavi its difficult for us to make a call. Also when we in our house there is no even single point in the network.
    Kindly take these complaints seriously and do the needful.

[Resolved] don't trust airtel!

I have just bought a new prepaid Airtel chip (No. 99031-7607X). I wanted to know the GPRS settings. First of...

special offer not provided

Airtel Karnataka is sending lots of special to offers to me like other customers. I have taken one of them but after recharge I found it was not reflecting on my Balance. I have been finding these with other offers also.

• Vi
    Vivek Nair Dec 06, 2006

True ...

We form a part of the mislead customers who are forced to recharge with false promises. I am also facing the same problem. The offer does not reflect in my balance. And the customer care executives are giving a blind eye to the problem. Never expected this from a reputed service provider like Airtel. Will change my sim soon. I learned it the hard way.

• Vi
    Viswanath Reddy Mar 04, 2007

Its absolutely true. I recharged for 75/- 4 times and got ZERO ... which means I recharged 300/- and got NOTHING. The customer care guys are just saying with out brain that you will get ZERO talk time if you recharge for this amount... I complained several times, fed up & finally left it...

• Gf
    gftrfrfsdf Aug 28, 2008

fghfgrgtrgrtgregrgerger

• De
    Deepa Nagraj Dec 17, 2009

i had recharged for 66 to get 1paise callin at yelahanka and the shopkeeper confirmed its done, but i never got that offer. yesterday i've recharged for Rs 4 for the SMS offer, upto now, its not been activated, customer care says that by 21st it'll be resolved... i hope airtel keeps up its words.

• Wp
    wpd Mar 15, 2010

Pathetic service delivary from Airtel in karnataka - specially in Bangalore. They even send threatening message to customer even after paying the dues.

• Fu
    fuygu Apr 10, 2011

aitel service is very bad do not take airtel connection airtel is deducted currency chatta comapany

outgoing calls barred in 2 weeks of the connection activation!

I don't understand why my outgoing calls are barred for my mobile numbers without intimating the customer on this and of no valid reason. The required address usually is done and it was cleared.

On calling customer care, explaining the situation was of no use. According to customer care the outgoing calls were barred due to address verification being wrong which is updated after 10 days of verification with by the person and intimating me its not a problem. After speaking to the supervisor of airtel customer care at chennai, it was pathetic and of no use. They asked me to goto the nearest airtel outlet to follow the procedure to activate outgoing calls.

Of all, the database update done after address verification was incorrect which was confirmed by the agency who provided corporate connection. The agency also claims that the third party verification done by airtel always causes problem to the customer.

Airtel being such a big telecom provider in india, don't understand how can they have such a bad service and staff who are not concerned with clients needs.

mamta luka Dec 07, 2006

i have to louge the same complaint as i am facing the same problem and it has been four days that my out going calls are barred.

• Ha
    Harendra Singh May 22, 2007

Ya, it is true that I have also faced the same problem of call barred after confirmation of my address...

• Gn
    gnanaoly Sep 26, 2007

Out going barred in my phone.

the worst service ever!

I am a customer of airtel punjab from appx. last 2.5 years. In recent days i recharged my # [protected] with...

high unbilled amount

I have an Airtel postpaid connection in the name of Sridhar Balasubramanian. I had sent a mail regarding my unbilled amount to Airtel, for which I have got no response. I have taken Ambuja 249 plan. My number is activated from November 3, 2006 and the unbilled amount till November 10, 2006 was Rs. 37.80, seeing which I was shocked, because I have not made any calls for that amount. I was told by Mr. Sheik Javed, agent of Airtel, from whom I got the connection, that all local calls to any mobile would cost me 30p per minute and local calls to landline will cost 80p per minute, first 125 minutes of STD will be charged at 50p per minute, and 125 SMS (local and national) free for each month. It is impossible with this plan to get such an unbilled amount. I had sent mail to Airtel on Friday regarding the same and till today, there is no response for my complaint. I checked my unbilled amount again today and it shows it is Rs. 45.65. For your information, to check the reliability, I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CALLS from Friday. I wonder how this could happen. Do you people charge for incoming calls also? Do you people charge for not using the connection also? Do you people charge for calling 121 or messaging 121?????This is ridiculous, unbelievable, pathetic. I would like to hear an early response from you. After considering all other mobile connections, I decided to go with Airtel for the service they provide. But now, I am in a thought that I made a wrong decision. As a business person, I have got many other important works and I cannot go on complaining again and again for this. I want to know the exact billing amount now. If at all I have made calls for that amount, I want to know all the numbers I have called with their respective call duration and call charges. I would like an earliest reply. I wish you understand the situation and address my grievance swiftly.

Please let me know if any clarifications are required in this regard.

Regards,
Ramya. K

• Vr
    V. Ravi Shankar Dec 08, 2006

My postpaid connection form RITES Ltd., Gurgaon, is corporate connection with the no. 9810308570 is being operating since last one year. i have received a latest bill for Rs.1809.27 to be paid on 22nd nov. 2006 out of which i have paid 600/-.

the discrepency in the above bill states one time charges of 1241.30/- which i supose not to be not to be paid from my side. As i have a corporate connection of Rs.900/- for two years which is already one year over. i have been concating customer care of air tel for rectifying the bill but all in vain.

the same amount of Rs.1241.30/- was reflected in my bill dated 21-8-06 in which one time charges as advance rentel of Rs.999/- was shown twice on dates 5-7-06 and 27-7-06.

I informed airtel customer care in a month of July itself about the twise charging of 999/- in the same month in the ad vance rental. Please clarify and rectify the same discrpancy and let me know the exact amount to be paid by me so that i should not be harressed by AIRTEL in future.
    my Mobile No. is 9810308570.

confirmation code 59779.

Raju Bolugoddu Jan 07, 2007

[email protected] in not responding

• Tv
    T V vinit kurup Oct 19, 2007

• Zh
    Z.H.Alavi Apr 08, 2008

I have complained about not able to view unbilled amount on the airtel site, for my landline number 0755-4261139. Inspite of registering complaints twice, I have no got an answer, and the complaint/ request is shown as "resolved"!.

• Hd
    H.D. KANHUKAR Jun 23, 2008

my mob. no. 9766346667 so i dont want to use this no. so please disconnect immediately. give me my bill upto 23.06.2008 to send my e-mail id. please remove my Deposit from bill and send me my email then i pay total bill. So please disconnect this no. immediately

Rajinder.K.Rana Nov 22, 2008

My cell no. 9987021766 was disconected on 13.11.08. i have given complaint but no body is ready to answer me.I have paid my all bills which i have rec. and the amount shown in all bills. I suffer huge loss.who will take resposibilty to recover my losses.I have even sent 4 mails to appellate officer.Nodel officer no. is shown in bill 9987234865. is out of service.I think airtel should take action reg. my complaint.

• Su
    sunita kishen mehta Oct 09, 2011

dear sir
    see one of my aunty was out of india her moblie was off so she want to know airtel moblie numberher pi code number is 8991920908170854825 plz let me know as soon as possible she is from kataria colony d/61 2nd floor shivaji park her full name is sunita kishen mehta i requested u to inform soon
    bye
    kiran

charging of rental

I had asked Airtel to disconnect my add on Sim card in the month of June. They did not disconnect and kept sending me rental bills of the same.Unfortunately I had asked for billing of both my numbers i.e primary and add on on the same bill. I refused to pay for the rental on the number that had been requested for disconnection.
Its been 5 months since giving this request I am still getting charged rental for that SIM.
On 3 occasions they have barred outgoing calls on my main number for reasons of non payment whereas I have proof that I have paid the amount in full on time for this number.
Instead of disconnecting the other number they keep disc my main number.
Currently my phone has been disconnected for the 3 rd time with no redressal of my grievance so far.
The customer care lot is a pathetice bunch,just to name a few Vaibhav, Thyagraj Moin, Vijaya Nrmala, G Balasubramanyam. The above are the people I have spoken to in length without any result.

Rakhesh Rao Nov 25, 2006

I'm having the same problem with Airtel billing at Mumbai. Varsha of Malad office is hopeless. Why should I pay for the services not used? I think airtel should be sued for this.

• Ze
    zeeshan Jan 08, 2007

Airtel has very very bad customer care services

dr. navin deshpande Oct 01, 2007

plz give me the bill details of my landline no. 07752429033 (aug & sep 2007)

dr. navin deshpande Oct 01, 2007

plz send me the broadband bill details i have no idea about it.

dr. navin deshpande Oct 01, 2007

plz send me the broadband bill details i have no idea about it. the no. is 07752429033

• Bh
    bhagya Oct 19, 2007

Very poor customer service!

• Ab
    abdulrasakvv Feb 19, 2008

GPRS VERY SLOW YOUR HELP ME MY MOBILE NO;9895367460

Rasika Deshpande Nov 19, 2009

Posted by Rasika Deshpande, Nagpur.

I had two postpaid Airtel connections 9730030809 and 9730030810 with rental deposits Rs 500/-Each.I had discontinued these two connections after due notice in July and on payments at the airtel galleries.I had been told that unless I pay and clear the entire Dues, my disconnection request can not be entertained.So the bill was settled in full and final after paying in cash at the Airtel Gallery.Now in November I received the refund payment orders from airtel with deduction of Rs.102.03 and Rs.146.85 claimed as Outstanding!!!How can it be so? I had paid all the dues and not used the sim cards and my request for disconnedction was also accepted at the Airtel gallery?I think this is robbery on part of Airtel.I do not see any logic for deduction from security deposit if the disconnection request is given properly and all dues cleared.

bad and rude and highly uncooperative customer care executive

Hi, my self puneet sachar bearing the airtel mobile connection (+[protected]).

I very much troubled by your airtel customer care division, the executives need to understand we are clients and you need to maintain certain decorum with us, yesterday the floor manager 'ravinder' or... Somebody spoke to me so badly and in a such a ill mannered that I have decided to move to consumer court.

Few days back airtell has bared my incoming calls, stating the reason that I have not submitted certain document, I want to inform that this connection is 4 years old and I have submitted the desired document 3 months back after receiving the sms from airtel, still you people have bared the incoming calls that too without the prior notice.

I could understand there will always be human error and what ever the reason airtel guys have misplaced my document, I have again submitted it on 2nd nov’06 (Vasant kunj new delhi) I was assured that by wednesday or thursday i'm able to get the incoming calls.
I'm still waiting for this to happen.

Yesterday night when I spoke to your one of manager ravinder, don’t know he was upset due to some reason or what and he spoke to me so badly and in a rude tone that I have decided to move to consumer court and trai for the same.

I again request airtel to look into my case. Or anyone reading this article to help me or advice me so that I can sue the airtel for the same.

Jamesh Dec 01, 2006

Airtel sucks they have high call rates when compared to Aircel, Hutch. Don't have unlimited sms as like in Aircel.

• Ta
    T.Anandharaj Jan 25, 2007

Send an email to Airtel nodal officer or the CEO/COO of your respective circle asking them the details of the documents you submitted earlier. If they say they have not received any documents from you so far then ask them how they provided you with this mobile connection for the past 4 years. File a complaint with the consumer forum. You can see more details about this in my article posted in this same site.

blocking incoming calls without reason

It is with regards to airtel prepaid connection that i have ([protected]) in delhi region. Yesterday all incoming were blocked without any reason (but outgoing was functional as it will fetch them money) Customer care center was not functional. I went to local airtel service center, they asked me for documents (identity &address proof). I submitted (which they told me, will be collected from my resid.) but to no avail.

As i m a doctor, i wanna know where to puke out my grievances as Airtel's system is redundant. I have lost contact with my patients & hosp. Probably they will understand in a consumer court.

Dr. Atul K. Maheshwari.

• Vp
    V P Selvaraj May 25, 2007

Hope for this complaint Airtel might not come back with a solution. They want only money.

Please help me how should take like this complaint to consumer court.

• Vp
    V P Selvaraj May 26, 2007

I have purchased one prepaid connection (No.9840527722) on march 25th with one year validity. I have been disconnected after two weeks.

When I contacted customer care they said I need to give address proof once again. I did the same in april.

Then the number was working till 3rd May. after 3rd it was disconnected once again. when I contacted customer care. They said such a number is not available in our database. (I can prove I have made calls from my post paid airtel number to the above said number the printed bill copy is available with me. after a long followup they reactivated with one month validity. When I am chasing for the validity the completely disconnected the incoming and outgoing.

Now they are asking me to submit address and ID proof.

I thing these people doesn't care about the customer. Now I am exhausted.

Sanjeev Rajdev Jun 27, 2007

As I am using a Airtel connection for last 3 years, approx. 18 months as post paid & 18 months as converted the same number into prepaid but after this long time usage Airtel has blocked my outgoing & incoming calls on 13th May, 2007 without giving any prior notice (sms or call). Also the customer care line is not approachable due to the barring of outgoing calls. Now I have filed a complaint against the company in Premanent Lok Adalat (Public Utility Services) for restoration of the connection & also to claim the compensation for loss of business, reputation & mental agony as I have approx. Rs. 1500 in my account & a validity till Jan. 2009. Now it's the time to wait & watch that what will happen.

• Sh
    Shantilal Jun 26, 2009

I have purchased one prepaid connection (No.9928557098) I have been disconnected after three month.

When I contacted customer care they said I need to give address proof once again. I did the same in june.

Then the number was working till 1 june. after 15rd it was disconnected once again. when I contacted customer care. They said such a number is not available in our database. Now they are asking me to submit address and ID proof.

I thing these people doesn't care about the customer. Now I am exhausted.

illegally debiting money without using services

I would like to bring in your notice of illegally debiting money from my prepaid number by sending message...

fraud using my cell no.

My cell No. is [protected]. This No. is misused by some third parties to cheat the public. One such complaint...

regarding use of mobile office in new mobile

A copy of Email to,
Cheif Execuitve (Marketing & Accounts)
Airtel India Kanpur
Zone - U. P. East - Lucknow

We have Purchased one LG Mobile Phone Model B2050 with Connection [protected] IME No. [protected] - 674662- 3 Dated [protected] From Malhotra Air-condition Corporation Opposite Mariampur School Sarojni Nagar Kanpur Mobile No. [protected] & 3950023 Authorize Dealer LG. Dealer Tell me That Airtel Provide Free Airtime Value Rs. 2750. Free Incoming Calls Valid FOr 2 Yrs. with Facility of inbuilt Modem with Internet Connection and GPRS & MMS & JAVA Facilities for Internet Connection use Need a USB Data Cable Rs. 700/- and Prepaid Coopan Rupees 450/- for Internet use through Mobile to Laptop. Now Till Time We are unable to avail your Internet Facilities We have gone many Points in Kanpur as per Your Customer Care Direction Like M/s Ajmani Sales Lajpat Nagar, LG Distributor Malhotra Agencies, LG Service Center Lajpat Nagar (Yash Computer) and Your Kanpur Main Office Opposite Mehfil Restaurant & Your Expert For Mobile Office Activation Mr. Sunny Gupta and Contact Lucknow Mr. Urfee and Put the Information Customer Care many Time and Mail many time at [protected]@airtelindia.com

But No Services Provide in Prepaid No. This is our Last Mail in our side. if with in Three Days You don’t Provide Services we return this instrument to dealer.

Our Post Paid No. [protected] Last 2nd Oct. 2006 we Stop our Incoming Call outgoing Call Through Customer Care and Purchase SIM FROM main Office 05th Oct . 2006 after Purchasing we need our activation MO and Services but Now till time No Services Activate Mobile OFFICE in LG B 2050 Handset Due To Circumstances Subscriber Suffer to airtel Services and stop Payment Bill Due to Last Investment Rs. 3900/- + Messlenious Expenses 500/-

Kindly We Request You Send Representative Settlement of Account and Get back Mobile With Connection and Refund our Amount.

If You wont take action we will go through Customer Protection Legal Action to Dealer and also Airtel Company.

This is Information For Consent Department and Authorize Person of the Airtel India Company

A. H. KADRI & Shahid Kadri

117/16 Sarvodaya Nagar Kanpur
[protected]/ [protected] / [protected]/

Copy to LG Distributor Malhotra Agencies
Copy to Main Office Airtel Kanpur

anand Sep 04, 2007

Airtel service is one of the worst service in kanpur zone at least. We even can't contact at 121. There is a need to change their advertisement as the most ************** service.

Satish Jul 15, 2008

first of very thanks to Mr.A. H. KADRI & Shahid Kadri. I would like to tell that u both have done the good job. because airtel co. is giving very bad services. Co. is just for earning money from customer.

it is good job doing both of u

thanks

devesh

gprs not working!

I have made several complains to customer care with full detail, till now 8 days over... But no result. In...

possibly fraud verification calls!

Today I received a call from a person who identified himself to be working with Airtel calling from Ahmedabad...

deduction of money on my prepaid rapidly without usage

Ever since I have bought the phone and am on prepaid with the additional of Rs.999 scheme I am facing tremendous difficulties. There is nobody on customer care who is able to solve this problem and tells me to go to the Airtel Gallery which is also unable to solve the problem. Every time I refill the card which I do most promptly, in a matter of 2 to 3 days time my balance drops drastically and I am unable to figure out why. Once on inquiring and being insistant on what the reason was I was told that the same above mentioned number is being used by one Mr. Shrivastava. I have been running helter scleter to find out a solution for which I am unable to. Can anyone please help me through email and let me know the solution. Short of giving it in the newspapers before terminating the connection, I have no other choice which could taint the name of a reputable company as Airtel. I am surprised that your customer care is of such poor quality and unhelpful as compared to BPL or Tata Indicom. I hope to receive a reply in due course, failing which I will have to revert to harsh and drastic action which could put most of the company officials to shame.
Mr. M. D'Souza

non compliance to roaming activation request

I am using airtel mobile sim no [protected] (Rajsthan). I came to ahmedabad (Gujarat state) on 20.10.2006 and requested airtel customer care in jaipur to put m mobile in roaming as it is used for co's work and I reuire it to be always on for being contacted. Unfortunately the request was logged 4 times and huge amount of rs.600 / - spent on std calls to jaipur customer care but no action taken. Only it was told every time that roaming will be activated in next 2 hours, which did not happen.

Such pathetic and intolerable service is not seen and experienced.

amount is deducted from my account!

My mobile service provider is airtel india. Today morning hello tune is automatically subscribed to my mobile...

[Resolved] fraudulent bill!

I have received a bill (invoice no.[protected]) for the period 21/08/06 to 20/09/06 for Rs.807.64 toward...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices