Having problems with Chrysler?

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

Complaints & Reviews

simply terrible

Bought 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 truck in Sept of 04. Since Oct of 06 the truck shakes violently. You never know when it will happen. Dodge serviced the truck once in Nov of 06 and again in Dec of 06 for the same problem. I have the violent shaking on a video from inside the truck. Once the shaking starts, the truck must be pulled over no matter how many cars are on the road and brought to a complete stop. Then you can start the truck up again and hope the shaking does not start again. It happens intermittently which is why it is such a death trap. Several complaints listed about this on complaints.com. Dodge replaced some things but since they cannot "see" the problem when their mechanic drives our truck and wastes our gas, they refuse to repair it. It is not a repairable issue. It is a death trap waiting to kill our family or another family. Dodge needs to refund our money in full so we can buy a "safe vehicle". Dodge has seen the video several times but they ignore the evidence. They don't care if we go to the news they said. The truck is not even 3 years old. I would love to email the video to you also.

worse customer service

I purchased a jeep patriot 2 years ago. the car was brand new. last month my car's clutch broke down. The towing truck (provided by Chrysler) took 4 hours to pick my truck up, and take it to the closest dealer. My jeep was taken to Teterboro Jeep, at rt 46, in little ferry nj, and the service was horrible. That dealer didn't provide me with a courtesy car ( for transportation )and I had to wait for a week, for me for my car, to be repaired. I had to rent a car, paying $109.00 per pay, in order for me to

to go to my job (that is 45 minutes away from my home.) I complained to consumers affairs, and i was informed that there was nothing to be done, due to the Lemon's law (2 years or 18000) anything after that comes out of the consumer's pocket. Those are our taxes at work. The US government should have let Chrysler go under. Not because the terrible quality of their vehicles, but also because the even worse customer support provided by this manufacturer.

service department

My husband brought in the car to have the air conditioner checked because he had a certificate from you for a free air conditioner check. Well the service person came back after checking the AC and had an estimate of two hundred and some dollars. My husband said he could not have any work done because he didn't have the money to pay for it at this time. The service person told him not to worry that they could "finance" it. My husband was shocked to hear this. The service personrepeated it 3 times that this could be "financed". My husband didn't sign the estimate but asked the service person to check his engine light since it could be "financed" because it has been going on here and there and in the manual, it tells you it has something to do with the gas cap. We replaced the gas cap and it would be okay for a while and then the light would go on again and off again. In the manual, it says that if it starts to blink, then there is something major wrong with it. It never starting blinking just goine out. He asked if it could be checked. No estimate was given on the engine light. Since the service person told my husband that it could be "financed" the service man took it that it was a go to fix it and my husband took it as it would/could be "financed". Well, my husband didn't want to sit around for a great length of time so a shuttle drove him home. They called later in the afternoon saying the car was done and what the cost was. So my husband and I went in to pick up the car keys and they handed him a bill (which he signed because that is what you do), and they asked for $432(?). My husband told them that it was suppose to be "financed" (there is that word again) but the girl said they don't do that and called a manager over to talk to us. The manager tried to find out what happened and said they don't "finance" service bills. But, he would talk to the service person in the morning. Well, the next morning, the service person called my husband and said that when he said "finance", he meant it could be put on our credit card. My husband said guess what? ...we don't have any credit cards and told him about an accident he had which is the reason we don't have any credit cards.
This morning, the service person called again and asked when we are picking up the car. My husband told them he might be able to pay a hundred or so dollars by the end of the week but the service person said...no, no...we need all of it! He said that Corporate is after him to get the money because they don't want the car sitting there any longer. Well, if we couldn't pay for it at the time of pickup, we can't pay for the total amount now. We were told by a service/parts person (not in Wisconsin) that when car sales are down, it is up to the service department to make up some of the loss so we know that the dealership will always side with the service person instead of the cusotmer because he is doing what he has been told to do. They work up plans in their service meetings. Well, they should start by teaching their people that there is a big difference between the word "financed" and credit cards! You have not made any effort in trying to work this out by letting us pay over a couple of months or figure something out that is best for both sides. All we got is a call saying you want the whole payment. Isn't it law that you have to sign an estimate before work is done? It cannot be verbal?

dishonest dealer

I purchased a 2008 Chrysler Crossfire from Goldstein Chrysler as a new car, however the general paint...

no plate's or temp tags

I have purchase a truck and the dealership has not been able to title my brand new truck. I have been on temp...

bait, switch and lie

I was lied to. Yes, I am 84 yrs old, but I was going to get a new car to last my few years left on this earth. The salesmen took me for a ride and yes, took advantage of me. I told them what I could afford and what my payments had to be. AFTER signing, which they do not point anything out to you, I find my payments are not what we said and there was added things I said NO to. Warranty, fees, my payment and the bank was not what we agreed upon. I told them I did not want this car. I brought it to them, put the keys on the counter, and the mean man behind the counter said, "It is YOUR car, get it off this property or I will have it towed and you will pay storage fees!" I was trembling I was so upset. I just cannot believe a business would be run like this. Liars and taking advantage of a little "old lady" like me! I am 4'11", a little woman, like I said 84, but I still work. This is a horrible business and I will tell anyone and everyone that will listen to me.
Francis L. Davin

water in tail lights

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser. Recently a person who had been behind me, pulled up beside me and toldl me all my tail light were out. When checked, there was condensation (water) inside the tail light cover. We replaced the burned out light bulbs and dried out the covers. About a week later, I went through a car wash. Again last week, my tail lights are out and there is more water in the tail light covers. I'm thinking they are shorting out from the water. Going to dealership tomorrow. Has anybody else had this problem?

• Al
    Al K Nov 16, 2009

I have this issue now w/ a 2006 pt cruiser, no light burn out yet but I am guessing the seal is worn out but it's not like we have old cars. i've had terrible luck w/ chryslers and the pt cruiser. i am so done with them.

• Po
    pojmail2 Apr 24, 2014

I finally found the source of the water in my tail lights to be in the tight spot between the brakelight and the turn signal light. Looks like the light cause the section to overheat and split creating a large but hard to see opening for water to enter. I used some red high temperature silicone that I had left over to seal it up.

• Ro
    Ronlrc Jul 27, 2014

This is a common problem that I am sure Chrysler surely knows about. I have a 2002, my sister has a 2006, they both have the problem. I have seen the lens assembly half full of water. I drilled holes so it would drain. Guess Chrysler is waiting for a big law suit and really ugly publicity before they do something.

company taking too long to provide coverage

Purchased an extended service contract from NW Jeep for my 2002 Mini Cooper on 2/19/2008. In February 2009...

automotive service issues

Reference to the former complaint posted: there is some discrepancy with the actual dates of service...

extreme labor charges

On 1/22/2009 I took my 2004 Jeep Liberty with only 39000 miles in for an issue. The check engine light came...

fraud

When I purchased a 2006 Dodge Caravan from Maple Ridge Chrysler for $17, 600. on April 2, 2008, they proved...

jeep commander hvac does not work properly - and local dealer will not repair

The HVAC system does not work properly. HVAC blows 90 to 110 degree hot air out floor vents when set midway in the cool setting. While blowing hot air out floor vents on cool setting, Defroster blows cold air out top vents. Front windshield freezes and snow and ice does not melt and very hard to defrost. A $35, 000 Commander was not designed to blow hot air while on the cool setting. Vehicle should mix hot and cold air appropriately to allow for all levels of temperature control. This vehicle only blows 2 air choices, hot or cold, with a distribution of 75% hot air, 25% cold air relative to control knobs. There is no warm or cool air.

Suburban Chrysler Jeep of Novi, MI will not repair HVAC any further stating - this is how the HVAC system works. Service department has replaced HVAC Head Control - the knobs - twice, but will not attempt to repair the internal mechanisms. Apparently, service mechanics in shop believe there is a problem - they would not have replaced Head Control twice. Engineers do not design HVAC systems to blow hot air while on cool setting - it is very likely the vehicle was assembled incorrectly or was assembled with incorrect or defective parts.

Also, Service Department has damaged the dashboard and console component panels and have yet to repair them correctly although I was told by service department that they will repair them, but that means I have to take the car back another time for their mistakes.

Chrysler issued Technical Service Bulletin [protected] on April 14, 2007 relevant to the HVAC situation my Commander has, but since my vehicles build date is slightly after the TSB build date, the dealer will not even attempt the necessary fix. My vehicle build date is April 2007. The TSB indicates that Heater AC Housings Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive are to be replaced to allow distribution of air flow. Dealer told me about this bulletin, yet they won't even consider it as an option.

I was told by a Chrysler Jeep employee that the problem could possibly be that my vehicle received the dual zone diverters although my vehicle has the manual controls.

All I want is my HVAC to be repaired so that it works properly, along with my dashboard and console to be put back together correctly.

used car faulty

I bought a 2006 Buick Rendezvous From this dealer on Nov. 20, 2008. After about 6 hours of negotiation on...

customer service

We previously bought a Chrysler car and paid all payments on time through Regency, no problem. When we traded...

bad service

One week after I purchased a used vehicle from Mission Chrysler Jeep I was contacted by the salesman who asked me to return to the dealership. The Finance Manager inputted the wrong VIN number and we had to redo the paperwork. He stated for my trouble Mission would give me $100. Have never seen it! When I questioned the Finance Mgr he stated he didn't know anything about it!
Also, within the first 5 months I had returned the car for repair 3 times and have been taking it to a mechanic ever since!
I will never purchase a vehicle from Mission because of their subpar service and terrible quality of used cars.

awful company and misleading website

Chrysler LLC advertised on their web site that the 2008 LX Town and Country minivan's standard equipment included power mirrors. My wife and I purchased this auto knowing that we needed those power mirrors, for I am incapacitated, and it is extremely difficult to get out of the car to adjust the mirrors manually after my wife has driven the car. My wife and I both drive this auto on a daily basis. My wife and I would never have purchased this LX minivan if we had known that there would not be power mirrors installed when we bought it.

I contacted Chrysler LLC, and told them of our problem, and subsequently they told me that the dealer would have to contact them. I did that, and the dealer indicated that if Chrysler LLC did nothing, they would make it right by installing those power mirrors. As it turned out, the selling dealer provided lip service and did nothing to remedy our problem. So, the buck was being passed back and forth between the dealership, and the Chrysler Corporation. Now, as of today, the dealer, although promising to make it right, by installing the power mirrors reneged on that issue, and told me that there is nothing they were going to do in this matter. So, here we are with a new Chrysler LX minivan with no power mirrors, and there is nothing that the dealership, or Chrysler is going to do to make it right for us. The dealership indicated that if I spend about $5, 000 more, I can return the auto that we bought and get a model with power mirrors! Wow, I am retired, and on limited income and my wife works part time, and now that dealership wants to upgrade me to a better model for thousands of dollars more.

Chrysler LLC, or the dealership should make this adjustment and install those power mirrors with no additional cost to us. My wife and I were misled by the Chrysler website, and now they, or the dealership will do nothing on our behalf, in which we are entitled to at this time.

max care sevice contract

January 16 2006 I puchased a brand new Jeep Wrangler fron Mike Shad. At that time I was sold and paid for a...

no service

We stopped in this dealership on Aug 22, 2008 to look for a used car & truck. We couldn't see any price...

1 comment Lethbridge Car Dealers

unable to repair my auto

Since July, 2008, Rinehart Chrysler Dodge has not been able to fix my 2004 Crossfire that THEY sold me. The...

rude supervisor

I had been making payments for 11 months on my dodge magnum...my payment date fell on the same date as my mortgage so I was sending in my car payments 2 weeks after the due date thinking I would just pay the late charges as they accrued. I found a payment bill under some papers one dfay and discovered it was over 30 days past due ! I called chrysler finance and told them I would send out a check on that monday which was 4 days later and I did that in the amount of $325. The wed. after that monday I received a call from the repo dept. stating that I have to get them $660 by 8 pm that night or jeopardize my contract ! Well, this first guy was reasonable and gave me til 4 pm the next day to get in the remaining $335 since I sent in $325 already. The first payment was for july and the second for august. I then called chrysler financial and set up a payment for the following sat . after I got paid and was told everything is fine, got a secured confirmation number and called back chrysler repo dept. to tell them this. Upon my call some young woman told me that this is not an option and I need to send in $660 again by that night. I told her I already sent in a check for $325 monday and was told by another repo dept. advisor that I have until 4pm the next day to get $335 more in.She wanted nothing to do with this so I asked for her supervisor. This guy got on, wish I could remember his name, and I told him about the next day thing and also about the secured payment date I set up with a financial represetative for the next sat. He then got very rude. He stated that I have been paying late every month for 10 months which I admit I have but I also have been paying the late fees at which he responded..."this is not the way to pay, payments are due on the due date and there is no grace period, your in default of your contract".He told me the check I sent out isn't here yet so I have to pay $660 by 9 pm that day and he deleted the payment arrangement I made also for sat. I told him a check is in the mail and he said "I don't care, it isn;t here so send in $660 tonight" ! I told him I was in work and it would be impossinle to do this tonight since I work til midnight and my wife does also and his response was..."well, you have access to a phone at work, use your time wisely and make some calls and get that $660 in here by 9 pm tonight". I asked about other options and he just kept raising his voice and saying there is no other way get that money in here and he slammed the phone down on me in mid sentence. I then called the financial dept. and they gave me another secured payment date for the following sat. which was deleted by this same guy as I was talking to the financial dept !!! I finally got to a financial dept. supervisor and I ended up sending in $335 that thursday via a phone payment. All in all this was a total screw up ! I should have been told that my payments have been late and there is no grace period a long time ago( although I found out differently from another supervisor). Albeit, this repo dept. supervisor treated me like some degenerate off the streets. If this is how they are trained to treat thier customers I will never buy another chrysler product ever again ! The financial dept. workers were polite but this guy should be fired immediately ! After they receive my payments I will be allowed to change my due date so as it won't be due at the same time with my mortgage payment. I want to take this further to have this rude, obnoxious employee (supervisor)in the repo dept. disciplined. I really wish I could discipline him myself !!!

• Ji
    Jim M. Aug 03, 2009

Dear Chrysler,

I just wanted to send a letter thanking Chrysler for making such great trucks. The quality of your vehicles is, in my opinion, the best of all three American Automakers. Over the last 13 years I have purchased several new Chrysler/Dodge vehicles and have loved every one of them. I use the vehicles for work and pleasure and have minimal mechanical issues, all of which Chrysler was more than happy to help me with.
    In 1996 I purchased my first Dodge Truck. It was a Ram 1500 SLT Extended Cab model. I was so happy with it; I bought a new truck for myself in 1998 when the Quad-Cab models came out. I picked up a 1998 Ram 2500 Quad Cab, and a second truck, a leftover 1997 Ram 2500 SLT with a V10 for my business the day my first child was born. Both of these trucks I used for my snow-plowing business and they were phenomenal vehicles. The power, the comfort and the reliability were top notch. I also purchased a new Chrysler Voyager in 1997 for my wife. She loved the vehicle and drove it for several years. She decided in 1999 that she wanted a Durango, so I ran down to the dealer & picked up a 1999 Durango SLT Plus. It was loaded, leather & all the trimmings. The Durango was a great vehicle as well. In the spring of 1999 my 1998 Quad Cab was severely damaged in a hail storm, so I decided it was time for a new truck. I ordered a 1999 2500 Quad Cab 2500 V10 and a 5 speed. This truck was by far my favorite to that point. The power was phenomenal. I had so many compliments on the truck every time I drove it; it was a huge source of pride for me to have such a quality vehicle. After September 11, 2001 the economy took a bit of a downturn and we all suffered. But we came through it. When things finally got back to normal, I purchased a 2005 Dodge Caravan for my wife. She missed the Voyager she had 10yrs earlier and I knew exactly where to go to make her happy again. Straight to the Dodge dealer. The next year I decided it was time for me to get the truck I wanted, so I went back to the Dodge dealer and got myself a 2005 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo-Diesel. This was the best truck I have ever owned… it could do ANYTHING I wanted, many things that people thought were impossible. I spent a lot of money on this truck getting exactly where I wanted. It got even more compliments than the other Ram I had in 1999. And to make things better, if that were possible, it got 20 MPG no matter what I did with it. I was also hoping as soon as the economy turned around and we all got back to work that I was going to buy myself a new Challenger R/T. I still have all the original window stickers for all of them too.
    But, one Thursday morning a few weeks ago, Chrysler decided that they couldn’t be bothered with me, a staunchly loyal customer, and help me out of a bit of a pickle. You see, I own a construction business in Florida. Lately the construction industry has been hit pretty hard. I was struggling to make the payment on my truck. I had gotten behind in the past, got it caught up only to get behind again. It seemed a vicious yo-yo effect with my payments. I needed that truck to keep my business running. If my business quit running, I would lose everything, including my home I had been in for 10 years. Without that truck, I could not make a living and support my family. Without making a living, I could not afford the truck. Well, I was under constant pressure from Chrysler. The calls started at 8am Sharp every day. My phone rang on the average every 30 minutes until 9pm. So, I averaged about 15-18 calls per day. I had spoken to the supervisors at Chrysler financial, trying to explain my situation. Nobody seemed to care. I would tell a customer service agent that I was going to make the payment in 3 days when I got a check from a client, but my phone never stopped ringing. I would answer it and a new customer service agent would start on me again, telling me they were going to come get the truck. Nobody at Chrysler Financial ever read the history of the record or bothered to think “Hey, maybe there is a reason why this is happening and we should show a little mercy or perhaps just give this loyal customer a break and try to work with him”. So, as I said earlier… Chrysler took my truck back. I know I was behind, I accept that. I know it’s just business. But I wish somebody, somewhere in the chain of command at Chrysler would have taken a moment to say “Maybe we could show a little kindness to an obviously loyal customer”. I was even told by Mr. Hill at Chrysler Financial that (and I quote) “we don’t care, you are JUST A NUMBER” and
    "I can't help if you're a deadbeat". Well, the Repo man took my truck three weeks ago now. I wasn’t able to do the job that I was getting ready for that morning; my Mortgage company was expecting to get a payment from, as was Chrysler. Now that I can’t make the house payment either, they are foreclosing on my home. So losing my truck seems to have caused a snowball effect that my family will not recover from. I have lost my truck, which I paid over $23, 000.00 on over 3-yrs, the $18, 000.00 dollar trade in, not to mention the $7000.00 dollars in upgrades I put in it and was not allowed to recover. And now that I don’t have my truck, I am losing my home, which I have paid $198, 000 over the last 10 years on. Wow… all because Chrysler refused to help me. Because Chrysler refused to lower my payment and stretch out my loan. Did anyone bother to look at my history with Chrysler? No. Did anyone listen to me when I tried to tell them that I had bought “8” NEW Chrysler vehicles over the last 13 years, myself alone, not counting several friends and family members I had taken to the dealership MYSELF to help purchase a new Dodge/Chrysler? No.
    I can honestly say that I know this letter will fall on deaf ears. I now know exactly how Chrysler treats its valued customers. And I can honestly say I understand why the Big Three have all but gone belly-up and had to sell off their products to foreign investors. It’s such a shame too. Americans out of work, unemployed and financially dying because of one little word... Greed. For Americans to be put in a position that they HAVE to or WOULD RATHER buy foreign products and sell our Country down the drain all because of greed. It has been a pleasure and an honor driving the Dodge and Chrysler vehicles that I spent over $250, 000.00 dollars on. I would love to have another someday, but I can promise you this: I will NEVER spend another red cent on anything that says Dodge or Chrysler on it as long as I live, and I will make sure I tell everyone I speak to about this as well. The rest of your potential customers should be aware of how much Chrysler values its’ customers.

Respectfully,
    James R. Muniz
    Acct#: 1010814194
    Vin#: 3d7MS48C85G810230
    [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices