Having problems with Chrysler?

Chrysler reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 11, 2006. The latest review Dodge Ram 1500 was posted on Nov 27, 2021. The latest complaint dealership westborn chrysler was resolved on May 09, 2019. Chrysler has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 474 reviews. Chrysler has resolved 71 complaints.

Chrysler Customer Service Contacts

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chrysler Customer Service. Initial Chrysler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chrysler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chrysler. Discuss the issues you have had with Chrysler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Chrysler Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

Chryslerradio/nav

I'm so tired of the bad Dodge service and issues with my truck that keep coming up! I have a 2015 Dodge Durango that I bought used at Finnegan Chrysler dodge in Rosenberg tx last year. This truck should of came with the 8.4 touchscreen big screen NAV radio. Iv looked up vin # and looked up other Durangos like mines and even spoke with a service manager from where the truck came from. This truck was sold incomplete. I did see that the daytime running lights were not suppose to be on this 2015 model but the big screen radio was. My Durango came with the tiny small radio inside. Iv had problems with the bluetooth and I'm seeing now that the reason is because that is the wrong radio. Iv complained before about this to dealership here in Houston (Dodge Autonation)and what they did was shut me up by putting an aftermarket cheap backup camera and separate navigation device inside. They both dont work properly at all. The screen hardly ever shows the backup picture. That there just shows how Dodge Chrysler truly feels about there customers. All about getting that money right? I'll never buy a Dodge nor Chrysler again. My family and friends wont neither. It's been hell having this Durango. You guys are trying to not respond. This is what customers deal with.

Respond

Chryslerlack of printed manuals that come with purchased vehicle.

I am so extremely annoyed that Chrysler expects purchasers of their vehicles to download and print their own manuals rather then providing them for their customers. I am a visual and tactile person so just having it on a tablet while trying to figure something out does not cut it for me. I need a book that I can feel while I am skimming through it looking for whatever information I need. Of course I did not realize this until after I purchased my vehicle. Stupid me always received manuals with every vehicle I previously purchased so while trying to get familiar with my new purchase, I realized the booklet I had been given was not a manual and basically absolutely worthless as an aid in learning about all the features and how to program them. I am thoroughly disgusted with your company's decision not to provide full user guides as part of the purchase.

Chryslermopar vehicle protection

Due to a lost credit card automatic payment failed on payment 9 or 10 payments for $60.00 for an extended vehicle warranty. Contacted Mopar Vehicle Protection and had warranty reinstated evidence confirmation 019484 and case number [protected], Paid outstanding balance o $207.25 bringing warranty to current status. Subsequently Mopar Vehicle Protection issued me a refund check for $96.25 under Chase Bank with no identification that this was a Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty related refund check. I mistakenly deposited the check as part of the household bills thinking it was my spouses refund. Without any notification once that refund check was deposited my warranty was canceled and Mopar refused to provided service coverage. Mopar has gained $504.00 dollars of payment without honoring their commitment to coverage. Once I discovered the cancellation I contacted "Joe" within the Customer Service Department and he refused to reinstate my warranty even after agreeing that the process was confusing. My expected outcome is that either Mopar reinstate my warranty or they refund the entire amount of payments to day in excess of $600.00.

My expected outcome is that either Mopar Vehicle Protection reinstate my warranty or they refund the entire amount of payments to day in excess of $600.00.

Chryslerignition switch replacement

I am Ashur Ali and I took my 2014 Dodge avenger to beamans Dodge in Murfreesboro TN. The total charges were$676 with 3hours labor. But when I got the car back I see the battery has only been disconnected for 45 minutes. I assume that is how long it took to replace the switch and reconnect the battery. That also tell me they over charged on the labor.

Chryslerwarrantied parts/customer service

On May 16, 2019, I started hearing a rubbing noise coming from the back end of my 2017 Wrangler (with 28, 000 miles on it). By the next morning, it was grinding, rubbing, and sounded horrible. I left work early and took it to a garage near my house. They told me I had a bad caliper on the driver's side but that it was probably still under warranty. I contacted the dealership at Sterling Heights Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and spoke to the supervisor of the auto dept., James Jordan, who told me they could be trying to sell me something since he hasn't heard about a similar problem and to bring it in on Monday since it was late in the day. When I asked if I could have a morning appointment he told me "there's usually a line-up and we can't guaranty anything". I told him I'd be there first thing. I got there Monday, May 20, 2019, at 7:15 am and Mr. Jordan told me they would tell me within an hour what was wrong. Over an hour later, he waved me out of the waiting area back to the shop area. The mechanic had only my driver's side rear tire off and he said I did not have a bad caliper. Mr. Jordan kept talking about how you can't trust people and I should trust them, etc. I did ask Mr. Jordan and the mechanic about needing brakes so soon and they insisted it was normal. The mechanic (whose name I did not get) said I should report the garage to the state for trying to sell me a part I didn't need. The mechanic and Mr. Jordan told me they could not look at the other three tires b/c the garage put the locking bolt on the tires too tight. They told me my vehicle was perfectly safe to drive back to the garage and have them get the tires off. Mr. Jordan did not want to be responsible for ruining the wheels trying to get the locks off. I drove the vehicle to the garage where they proceeded to get all three locks off the tires. The garage said that when I initially brought the vehicle in, my caliper was frozen and they didn't know how the dealership was saying it wasn't bad. I left and went back to the dealer so they could put new brakes and rotors on. I showed them the estimate the garage gave me and told him I was concerned they were trying to buy 6, 000 more miles out of this so they wouldn't have to cover it and asked if the caliper goes bad after my warranty is up since there was someone bringing to my attention, would they cover it? Mr. Jordan said absolutely not.
          About 15 minutes after they took my Jeep back, Mr. Jordan again waves me over and tells me they are changing the caliper and putting new brakes and rotors on and it will be done at 3:30-4:00. When I asked why if it wasn't bad he said "just in case". He then tells me I will owe $400 for the brakes and rotors. I told him I wasn't paying that since they wouldn't have gone bad had the caliper not gone bad. At this point, it was around 1:00 p.m., I had been there since 7:15 a.m., missed over half a day of work and now I'm told my vehicle won't be done until 3:30-4:00. I told him I had a class at 4:30 and it better be ready. Not until that moment was I offered a rental vehicle. When I left, Mr. Jordan said "we are open until 9:00 p.m. tonight" and I said "Oh, will it possibly be done tonight?" and he said "yes". I said "cool, let me know". I hear nothing the rest of the evening and into the next day. On Tuesday, May 21, 2019, I called at 2:00 p.m. and left a message for Mr. Jordan and heard nothing. I called back at 3:30 p.m. and asked for a status on my vehicle. The receptionist forwarded me to Mr. Jordan who answered with "service" and I said "hi James, this is Jennifer with the Wrangler." He acted like he didn't know who I was and so I spelled my last name, etc. He said "your car was ready last night. I thought you were coming to get it." I said "well, I never got a call. How am I supposed to know it when it was ready between the hours of 1:00 and 9:00 p.m. if nobody calls me? Someone should call people and let them know their vehicle is ready." His answer was "I must have misinterpreted my thoughts." After I was told they were replacing the caliper, I was treated as if I did something wrong. I didn't get so much as an apology. Not only did they treat me horribly, they told me my vehicle was fine to drive (when it obviously wasn't) and wouldn't be damaged any further and I basically only had 3 brakes and was grinding on a rotor. Poor service does not begin to describe what I went through.

On another note, when I first bought the vehicle, I was told an automatic start was being thrown in. I assumed it was a Mopar one and was not. I didn't know until I had problems with it. The Jeep would stall after I used the auto start and then simply put the key in. It was insinuated several times that maybe I wasn't sure how to use it. I finally said take it off and asked for a Mopar. I was told to drive it around for a month and make sure it wasn't stalling for any other reason and they would consider putting a Mopar one in. I never heard anything back. Once they sell you the vehicle, they don't care about you after. Worst dealership I have ever been to.

Respond

Chryslernew key fob and programming

Lost a key fob for our 2005 grand caravan, cost of replacement fob was $224.40 cost to program key was $99.95 plus a environmental fee of $13.95.
            When asked to justify cost to program the key I was given an answer that it was a standard fee no matter the actual time involved, when questioned how long it actually took they could not give me an answer.
            I asked what shop supplies were used to justify the charge of $13.29, again they could not answer.
            I understand the cost of the key however the other charges are extreme for actual work involved, manager I spoke with seemed upset that I would question and asked me to leave the premises.
            I think this an outragous cost for such a small item and cannot understand how any dealership can justify it.
            I would not reccommend taking a vehicle into any dealership for work other than warranty because of their attitude and rates being charged for services.

Thanks

Rob Pyde

Chrysler2018 ram 1500 crew 4wd

i have owned my truck fora year and do quite a bit of driving. i have had the ABS light and traction control and 4WD wont work intermittently since I owned the vehicle as well as the sirius xm radio cutting out for long periods of time since I bought the truck. i have been dealing with Spelmer Chrysler in Trenton ON with the issues since the beginning because Milton Chrysler where I purchased the vehicle is very disinterested in helping me. I have been in contact with Chrysler customer service which is a call centre and tried to escalate things above them to rectify my situation and theynwill not provide me with any further assistance. I have been very patient with Chrysler but my warranty is almost up and I really need a resolve

Chryslerdealership westborn chrysler

I've been trying to gain a copy of my rd108 to finish my gap claim and my dealer Wayne is very rude about getting back to me. I've inquired about it since April 16 it's now May 9 and I still haven't received a copy of it. I have a certain amount of days before gap denies my claim and I work for Chrysler trying to support my place of work but I'll never in life purchase another Chrysler again in life. I just want my rd108

RESOLVED

Thanks

Respond

Chryslerearly replacement of brakes and rotors

I have a 2013 300 C Varvatos with 35, 000 miles and I just had to have all my Rotors and Brakes replaced at a cost of $1100.00 I owned another 2013 Varvatos and 2006 300 C as well. These last to cars have been my most favorite cars I have ever owned and at 64 I have owned dozens of cars of all makes and models. The 35, 000 miles are 2/3rds road miles and I take very good care of all of my vehicles. I have never had to replace rotors or brakes at so few miles and I think it is wrong that I had to do so. What is my recourse from Chrysler?

Respectfully,

Douglas R Edwards

Respond

Chryslervehicle warranty and service at bay king motors in hamilton, ontario

April 30/19. Invoice #356986 Took our Jeep Cherokee for it's first visit to Bay King Motors in Hamilton for vehicle warranty service at 15, 000km due to experiencing a noise in the front end and oil change due. We had a voucher for the "piece of mind" oil change which included brake inspection/tire rotation. Upon picking up the vehicle, we were charged the appropriate $138 for the oil change/brake inspection/tire rotation. However, the tires were "marked" prior to dropping off the vehicle, and we discovered that the tire rotation was never done. When speaking with the mechanic, he admitted that he had "missed" the tire rotation notation. We thought it was an all - in-one service. The service rep said he would do the tire rotation when we returned to have a front axle CV joint repair which was the noise in the front end. We question whether they even did the piece of mind brake inspection at all. The service manager was approached due to our dissatisfaction, and he questioned how we knew the tires had not been rotated. He said the mechanic had done the brakes??? and offered us a credit for the tire rotation for future visit; however we question "prepaying for a service" when we are unsure whether the brake inspection was even done or whether we would ever return to his dealership. Unsatisfied with the resolution, we request that a District Manager level intervene to resolve this matter. Falsifying service repairs is not a reputation any dealership should have. The service manager should have been less defensive for the mechanic and more proactive for the customer service required when the error was theirs.

Ron Strohschein
                    [protected]@sympatico. ca
                    [protected]

Chryslercustomer service was unacceptable

Hello, I received a recall from FCA for my 2012 Chrysler 200. The Catalytic Converter needed to be replaced to correct an EPA issue. I called Verdun Chrysler Dodge on Wellington street in Verdun Quebec in late March-2019. The service agent told me he would have to order the parts and he gave me an appointment for Monday April 29th. I brought the car in for 8:00 am that Monday and the agent told me he was supposed to receive the parts Friday but did not but he expected them here today. I left the car and returned to work planning on picking up my repair car at 15:00 that afternoon. When I arrived I was told he did not have the right parts and the Car was not repaired. This is unacceptable I told him. I have better things to do with my time then spend it going and returning for no reason to your garage. I told him it is irresponsible that the Dealer did not call me on Friday April 26th to inform me they did not have the parts and to reschedule my appointment instead of wasting my time. I do not understand why they had the wrong parts if they had the parts at all with access to my VIN in my file because I have had service there before. They offered me nothing in return for my trouble and simply said they would call me to arrange another appointment. I have little faith in them at this point. Why would I want to continue to receive unreliable service from them again ? I believe I deserve at least a Synthetic Oil Change for my problems along with my Recall being fixed.
                      Please get back to me by email at ...[protected]@gmail.com

Chrysler2008 chrysler town and country

In 2008 we bought a new 2008 chrysler town and country van with a full lifetime drivetrain warrenty. Since then we have brought it to chrysler dealerships for any and all repairs & recalls. We have followed the maintenance schedule to the letter having all fluids and regular maintenance preformed when required.
                        In 2013 we received a reminder card in the mail to bring the van in for a drivetrain inspection. We brought it in and all systems passed.
                        On april 4, 2019 we brought the van in with a check engine light on for repairs. We were informed by the dealer that we needed a new engine. We said ok that should be covered by our lifetime drivetrain warranty. We were then told that the warranty had expired because the van needed to be inspected in november 2018 and that it was not done. We replied that we never received a reminder for such inspection and the van was in for brakes in august 2018 and in january 2019 and there was no mention of any inspections needed. We were given chryslers 800 number to ask them to reinstate our warranty.
                        April 18, 2019 after 2 weeks of back and forth calling and waiting for a supervisor to return our call, we were told that we would have to pay for the repairs ourselves and that they would then reinstate the warranty. When we asked why we didn't receive a reminder for the 2018 inspection we were told they don't do that. We were also told that when the van was there in august it was to early for the inspection and when it was in in january it was to late. By the way at both of these visits were for brake issues and the motor was running perfectly. The van still remains at the dealership as of today 4-22-19. Is this how chrysler treats hard working families? They look for loopholes so they don't have to honor warranties? Tony & donna scavone [protected]

Respond

Chryslermopar warranty and getting a repair in a timely fashion

I have a 2009 Jeep wrangler. The heater core went, front of the passanger side filled with anti-freeze. Called the dealer, told me it was covered under my warranty. However, they have no technicians or loaners available for weeks (May 27, 2019). I called another dealership and they can't fix the car until July 23, 2019. How is this acceptable customer service. I called Mopar to ask if I could take the Jeep to a repair station and submit a claim. No!!! I have to go through a dealer. My local repair shop would have had the job done already but why should I be responsible for the bill. The quote I received from a repair shop was $1500.00 and they would have the car for 4-5 days. I paid for the warranty. Its not right that I cannot get any service (loaner or repair) in a timely fashion. What can I do? I need a vehicle. Lisa Donovan [protected]

Respond

Chryslerright ram sun visor mirror frame breakage

I have a 2015 RAM 1500 Vin#FS706804 with 32k and the plastic frame around the right visor mirror has shrunk and broken. I have been looking on the web and every used one is broken just like mine. It really seems to be a issue that is on-going. My 2008 RAM with 177890 miles is still perfect. I'm afraid that if I get another one from the dealer it will do the same thing. It is out of warranty on time. It should be covered because there is a issue with them. My # [protected].

Apr 10, 2019

Chrysler — 2018 jeep compass on/off switch

I purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass in June 2018, from a dealership in Coatesville, PA. Since then, I have had 3...

Chrysler2019 jeep compass

I just purchased a 2019 Jeep Compass on Friday 3/29. The car started leaking fluid in my garage and down my driveway. The car also had a foul burning smell that was coming into the inside of the car and you could smell it on the outside. I took the car back into the Rochester Jeep service center on Monday 4/1 towards the end of their working day.

The next morning I did not receive any updates, so I called in at 11: 30 and they advised the inspector was still reviewing and they would call me early afternoon. I still did not receive a call, so I called in at 3pm and sat on hold for almost 10 mins. The sale associate advised the transfer case seals were damaged and causing the fluid to leak. They do not have the parts available so they had to be ordered and it will take about 2 and a half days for my car to be ready. I was advised that this is a big job that needs to be completed- Again this is a brand new car

This is an issue for me because I am getting ready to leave for a two week vacation and was advised they would not be able to hold my car for the length of my vacation and I needed to return the loaner car and pick my car up when it was repaired. The associate called back and advised they could drop the Jeep of and pick up the loaner once done and leave my car in the driveway with the key inside. which is not ok- seeing that I will be away for a long period of time.

There have not been an once of empathy of any sort with the situation. This is a brand new car that was just purchased that is now having issues after me having it only a weekend and not even 200 miles on the car. All of the excitement of buying a new care was removed after this. This has been the worse experience ever!

I have not been offered any sort of compensation for the issue. Even if it is speaking with someone who showed a little bit of caring- that would go a long way. I feel as though I am being ripped off in this situation because I now have a brand new car that I cant drive, but I will be expected to pay my car note when it is due. This is a big job that needs to be completed on a brand new car, with less than 200 miles. This is absolutely ridiculous and makes me questions your quality control department. This should have been something that was caught before I drove the car off of the lot

Mar 16, 2019

Chrysler — 25 days for replacing damaged oil cooler

my car Chrysler 300C enter the agency workshop in 2 Feb, 2019 to replace the oil cooler and within three day...

Chryslerheater core/cooling system in chrysler automobile

Chrysler vehicles with serious issues with heat/heater core and cooling system. They require continue repairs and replacement. Cost falling on me the consumer. Heat blows hot and cold on different sides. This is a serious safety issue resulting in the inability to maintain a clear window during inclement weather. I had my car (2012 Chrysler 200) serviced on this issue last year and it has occurred again.

This is a issue in the manufacturing of the motor resulting in slug being dumped into the heater core/cooling system plugging the system up.

Chrysler and their service team/management are well aware of this issue. Now I have the issue again and must pay for the same repairs due to the faulty manufacturing on Chrysler part.

It is time for Chrysler to step up and stand behind their product and it is right for the consumer or a class action should be initiated.

Chrysler2018 jeep compass

I own a 2018 Jeep Compass and this vehicle has been in the shop multiple times for the same issues. The auto start/stop system light comes on all the time, sounds VERY loud, has a hard shift when it reaches around 40 mph upon acceleration. I'm being told by the Service Dept at Goldy's Auto in Huntington, WV that there is nothing they can do about the loud sound. Said that all those models make that sound, which is RIDICULOUS! Also, since the shifting issue does not trigger a service light, they said they can't track the issue. The auto stop/start has been addressed multiple times and this last time they said was because of a switch plate in the door. I'm EXTREMELY UNSATISFIED with this vehicle!! I will be contacting my state to inquire about the lemon laws. This vehicle could have been brought to the shop even more times than it was but due to illness with myself, I was unable to get it there every time it had issues and was also told that unless there was a service light on, they wouldn't be able to do anything. It's ridiculous that a vehicle with less than 25, 000 miles on it has all these issues. You can check the service records to see that it was brought it when it have a lot less miles as well. I would like for someone at Chrysler to contact me to resolve this issue. Apparently this vehicle can not be fixed and I fear that it will only continue to have more issues.

1 Response
                                    • Co
                                      Corey Hopkins Apr 06, 2019

I feel your pain I have the same issues with my 2019 ram 1500 taken back to dealer 4 times my transmission falls out of gear the motor knocks on cold start up and I have a loud whistle noise from windshield but I don't have a check engine light so they say they can't do anything and the knocking noise is normal. We cant get them to do anything and the truck only has 10k miles on it and it started with 600 miles on it.

Chrysleralignment

I came to the company last Saturday to do recall and doing alignment and changing oil, they told me it will take a time and I have to leave my car. they did the recall and the alignment, and I received my car on Monday, they told me everything is OK but again the same problem was there when I tried to use the car it was still shifted to the right side, when I go back to there service center they told me you have a problem in suspension with noises come from break, all these things no body told me when I received the car and how they did alignment and these things are there., and it was dangerous to ride the car again without fixing these things
                                    Name: Mohamed Taha