Having problems with Renault?

Renault Customer Service Contacts

+44 192 389 5000 (United Kingdom)
+64 92 816 611 (New Zealand)
+32 23 347 611 (Belgium and Luxemburg)
+45 80 889 400 (Denmark)
+49 223 2730 (Germany)
+353 605 5500 (Ireland)
+39 641 561 (Italy)
+31 203 549 333 (Netherlands)
+48 225 411 000 (Poland And Baltic Countries)
+351 218 361 000 (Portugal)
+41 447 770 200 (Switzerland)
+852 29 273 538 (Hong Kong)
+966 114 790 550 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 713 313 (Singapore)
+27 116 077 300 (South Africa)
+82 23 707 500 (South Korea)
+84 904 695 069 (Vietnam)
+54 147 782 000 (Argentina)
13-15 quai Le Gallo

Bergermoosstrasse 4 - 8902 Urdorf

Turkey
Çakmak Mah.Balkan cad. № 49 - 34770 Ümraniye, Istanbul

China
Room 11A2-11A5, Hanwei Plaza - № 7 - Guanghua Road - Chaoyang District - 100004 Beijing

Hong Kong
G/F, Tien Chu, Commercial Building, 173-174, Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong

India
ASV Ramana Towers, 4th floor, № 37-38 Venkatanarayana Road, T. Nagar - 600 017 Chennai

Japan
è 1-1, Takashima 1-chome, Nishi-ku - Yokohama-shi - Kanagawa 220-8686

Saudi Arabia
Khurais Road Al Malaz, Riyadh / Suwaidi Area, South Ring Road, between Exit 24 and 25, next to Al Tanhat Restaurant / Madinah Road Al Moraba'a Bridge before Palm Beach Restaurant, Jeddah / Dammam Khobar Highway with Al Rakaa Road Dammam

Singapore

Fray Justo Santa Maria de Oro 1744 1414 - Capital Federal

Brazil
1300 Borda do Campo - 83070-900 São José dos Pinhais

Mexico
Ruben Dario 281 - Piso 20 - 11580 Mexico D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Renault Customer Service. Initial Renault complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Renault above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Renault. Discuss the issues you have had with Renault and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

RenaultRenault K7 Mf engine torques.

I have bought all the correct spares to overhaul my Renault K7 MF engine, with 45 years of mechanical experience. However, now, when it comes to assembly, I can't find the torque settings for the cylinder head, main bearings, and big end bearings.

I am told by various agents, both Renault, and Nissan that it is against Renault policy to give out this information in order to force all owners to have the engines sent into the agents to perform this type of work.

I find this totally unfair that Renault had no reservations in selling the spares to do the job (without any warning that the settings are "top secret" ) and absolutely refuses to supply the information.

I urgently await your response.

RenaultRenault Duster Petrol CVT

Dear customer service/All,

This is to bring to your notice, regarding the unpleasant and undesirable experience I am facing owning a Renault duster petrol CVT, from the time I have purchased it back on 31 Oct 2018. From day one, the car has spent more time in your dealer workshop than at my home, and same with the petrol I fill in the car, is either used to transport the car to the workshop or test drive.

DUSTER - KL 25M 1757 - purchased from TVS Kollam
    The issues had started in the warranty period itself.
    FYI..The car is still under its Extended warranty period.

Please find below the timeline history of troublesome ownership:
    1. Purchased on 31 October 2018, on 04 Jan 2019 the left door ajar warning was faulty. Even when the door is properly closed the warning shows it's open. Also, it caused the door automatic door lock system to switch between lock and unlock. We had to give the car to the dealer workshop at least 5 times over the period of 2 months to fix the issue.
    2. 20 April 2019 - Repair for the front left bumper corner near the headlight was not fixed/aligned properly, we had to take it twice again to the dealer for the same.
    Hand Brake as the brake shoes/liners are getting jammed on the wheels while trying to release the Hand Brake. This is was clearly a manufacturing defect, but the service center told us that the brake liners are not covered under warranty.
    4. 19 October 2020 - Back wheel jam issue again.
    5. 27 November 2020 - Back wheel jam issue once again.
    6. 05 December 2020 - Sensor cable fault issue. The car kept showing the Check Engine warning light.
    7. 19 December 2020 - Sensor cable fault issue. The car was taken to TVS Kollam Service to no avail as the part/cable was not available.
    8. 27 December 2020 - Power steering failure issue. Sometimes at start the power steering systems don't work, making steering near impossible. Twice it got jammed while driving the car at curves. You should be understanding how dangerous the situation is.
    9. 02 January 2021 - power steering issue
    10. 04 January 2021 - sensor cable issue.
    The car has been taken to TVS Kollam more than twice to no avail.
    Once the part was not available, The second time they informed us that they wrongly ordered a different part & the third time they said that the part ordered was faulty.
    Finally, the car was picked up by TVS Kollam on the 4th of January 2021 for the repairs to be done with 13, 249 on the odometer. Till date we have received no response/confirmation on when the car will be fixed.
    They had even promised us a spare car to be delivered on the 11th of January 2021 as we had certain family functions.
    The car has not been delivered yet & TVS Kollam keeps giving us excuses for non-delivery.
    Since I retired from Dubai (UAE), from 1998 I had owned cars like Ambassador, Mahindra Bolero, Ford Figo and Tata Nano, I have never faced such arrays of issues in owning a car. I chose Duster over Tata NEXON and now regret my decision. I have already asked my brother who was planning to buy a duster, NOT TO.
    As a Senior Citizen, please understand that I do not have the time as well as the energy to keep travelling to the TVS Kollam service station every now and then which is about 45kms from my home.

We are thoroughly & extremely disappointed with TVS Kollam

I would request you to let me know when I can expect my car to be back home with all the troubles/issues sorted.
    Also, we would like an extra refund of Rs.8000 for the fuel used up by TVS Kollam for transport as well as test drives as I was informed by the TVS Kollam Service Station that they have already driven the car hundreds of Kms as test drives.

Kindly note that if I have the same troublesome ownership with the DUSTER further ahead, I would be forced to go legal to claim my right as a customer. Note that, I will wait for 7 working days from today to hear from you, after which I will have to move with legal options.

Also please note that the car is still at the dealer workshop.

Best Regards,

Cherian George
    +[protected]

Renault South AfricaFaulty fan speed resistor for Renault Scenic

On 30 June 2018 a Fan Speed Resistor was installed in vehicle CFM 15157. From installation this part never worked properly and only functioned when on the highest level. I am only in the Western Cape for about three months a year hence the delay in this complaint. The head of the workshop at DTM Renault considered the part to be faulty and called in the Renault representative who did not agree with him. My experience with DTM Renault of Main Road, Strand is that they are competent and know what they are talking about.

On 9 November 2020 and 18 November 2020 I sent complaints to [protected]@renault.co.za. He has responded to neither e-mail.

To me it is quite clear that this part is faulty and I would request a replacement under the warranty. The November 2020 before VAT is R6312.55.

Duncan Miller
      [protected]@mweb.co.za
      [protected]

Renault Port ElizabethBad service

The communication between the service agent and customer is so bad you can say there is nothing. Please help, I asked Ashley at Renualt Port Elizabeth if they had fixed the thermostat housing leak while my car was there for 60days for a clutch and gearbox repair and a service but I realised the coolant was clear of color and as I know it is normally green or pienk in color. So please help me in this regard

Oct 22, 2020

Renault — Renault koleos fan motor replaced, 1 year later wiring harness needs to replaced as fan resistor melted

Good morning Victoria Please read the trailing mails below. Subsequent to the last mail. I received a call...

RenaultKwid dynamique 2018 model manual

Hi to find you well.
          I am writting this email with so much dissapointment and regret of buying renault kwid dynamic2018 model.
          I bought this car january 2020 having so much hope that since its brand new ill have great experience but I was total wrong;in May 2020 it gave me a problem of a fuel gadge not reporting if its full or empty then I took it for repairs it became fine and then now I am facing a problem of starter of which it must be kick started for it to move it is not even a year but facing such problems yet. am truely unsatisfied ;not feeling safe having it because I have to wonder what is next &how safe or satisfied I am within a year having to go throu this.
          Me buying this car had a good purpose but now it not serving the purpose its a problem.

Urs
          NAME:NELISIWE CEBEKULU
          Contact no:[protected]
          Email address:2short2kiss.[protected]@gmail.com

Renault Retail Group - PortugalQuick services

14/09/2020 - Dear Sirs, I have a Renault Clio bought in 1996 in Renault Retail Group Chelas-Lisboa - Portugal where I always take my car every year to be checked. This year I took it there in June and it was ok. Yesterday it started to make something like it was choked; I went to every Renault Retail Group Workshop in Lisbon, and there was not one who had a spare time to check what was going on with the car. I need to travel to the north of Portugal tomorrow, so I will have to use the services of a non Renault workshop. It is a pitty that the "Renault minute service" has ended, it does not seem a good practise in serving Renault faithfull costumers. Renault should restart having quick services available again. Thank you.
            Manuela Neto - [protected]@sapo.pt

Sep 01, 2020

Renault — Kwid climber

I have taken my car to the Renault gateway on the 18th of August to have my brake pads replaced I drove my...

RenaultPoor quality of door rubber

A bought a new Renault Kwid in Nov 2019. I noticed that the door rubber just tore. I was told by Renault to pay R2300.00 to replace the rubber as the 6 months warranty period is over. Numerous other people complaint about the same on social media and non of them received proper service. This is not acceptable. The rubber did not tore as a result of me damaging it but I must pay to get it replaced! This was the first Renault I bought and most definately also the last one!

Poor quality of door rubber

Jun 06, 2020

Renault — Warranty of injector renault duster

I bought renault duster 4x4 in june 2015. The warranty book it self stated valid up to 2 june 2020. During...

Mar 16, 2020

Renault — Sandero Stepway plus 900t

bought a new Sandero plus last year August from Renault Bloemfontein. The car currently has 8000km on the...

Mar 04, 2020

Renault — Renault customer service

I have tried to get Renault to change my brakes since December 2019! I was told that I cannot change my...

Feb 25, 2020

Renault — kadjar - 3 months with renault and still not fixed

I'm extremely frustrated. I had my car towed to Renault Bryanston in November 2019 and have yet to...

RenaultRenault Stepway car 2020

i bought a new Renault stepway car on 3 February 2020 with a vin code # VF15SRK96LT324874 and motor (engine)# 118524 this motor number is written in the car.
                but in the duty papers that i receive from your agent in Egypt was 115193
                i need to know urgent from you as Renault headquarter in France if the number which is written in the car is correct or your agent in Egypt replace the original engine with another one .
                please i need you to contact me urgent by phone +2 [protected]
                as the number written in the car papers that i receive from your agent in Egypt not as same as the number in the car
                i always trust in Renault and i am sure that you will contact me back with the correct info.
                also i need to know urgent from you what i suppose to do if they replace the original engine with another one
                email : [protected]@msa.eun.eg

Feb 13, 2020

Renault — absolutely shocking customer care from the renault centurion branch in south africa.

"Check Auto Gearbox Fault" This Saga has been going on from January 14th and the branch could not...

Jan 21, 2020

Renault — no service and my vehicle is now in a poor state after service

At Seamans Renault George after my regular yearly service, my renault stepway traction control unit stayed...

Jan 20, 2020

Renault — renault stepway plus

Good Day I trust you are both well, I sincerely hope after weeks of utter atrocious service that I will get...

Renaultnew ad

Your new ad should not be broadcast during day time hours. Lesbian kisses are unacceptable and disrespectful to family and children! Its obvious Renault are only doing it to attract gay customer market. We don't need peoples sexual choices shoved down out throats and encouraging same sex family with children with no father's. Disgusting low ball marketing.i

Dec 23, 2019

Renault — renault kwid rxl (petrol) 800 cc

Worst car ever - No value for money I purchased the car in late March, 2019 from one dealer in Barasat, near...

Dec 17, 2019

Renault — product

Hi I bought a brand new car renault climber 2018 year model I think, it's almost 9 months old but it ha...