Having problems with Chrysler?

Chrysler reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 11, 2006. The latest review Premature caravan transmission failure was posted on Oct 13, 2021. The latest complaint dealership westborn chrysler was resolved on May 09, 2019. Chrysler has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 468 reviews. Chrysler has resolved 71 complaints.

Chrysler Customer Service Contacts

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chrysler Customer Service. Initial Chrysler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chrysler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chrysler. Discuss the issues you have had with Chrysler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Chrysler Complaints & Reviews, Page 17

Jeff Wyler Chrysler Eastgateairbag recall replacement-service agreement

I took my 2004 Ram truck to Jeff Wyler Eastgate for the airbag recall replacement per the notice received from FCA. My problem with the service agreement is that for Jeff Wyler service personnel to work on my truck I must sign a contract that completely releases the dealership from any and all liability on my truck, including my personal property. During the ensuing conversation with the service writer it was agreed that they could run my truck into the building and they would not be responsible for the damages. MY LOSS! If someone stole the tools from my truck it would be my loss! If they test drove my truck and blew the engine it would be my loss. Obviously, I would not sign the service agreement and the required recall work has not been done. In my humble opinion, only a fool would have any service work done by this dealership. Why would anyone allow them to potentially destroy their vehicle and not be responsible?

Maple Ridge Chrysler Jeep Dodgedodge journey

I went to Maple Ridge Chrysler - MRC because I was told that they were a good company, well I was wrong. I bought a new Dodge Journey 4 cyl, assured by not only the salesman but the sales manager that it was a good car economical on gas, boy did I get took. I do 80 percent highway not rush hour and 20 percent city I can't get any better then 10.1L/100km. I have complained about bad shifting since the day I got it, now I have an irratic idle. Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor when sitting at a light. I have addressed this several times with the dealership only to be told they can't find anything wrong, when a master mechanic old school tells me the issue is vacuum related, when I tell the service writer this he says a check engine light will come one if it is, I am sorry I was in the automotive industry for over 10 years and know that that is not true. I have had 2 recalls since I bought it, both rather disconcerting both could have caused accidents one the car could have caught fire the other was a braking issue.
    When the sales department decided to help they offered get me into a new car a Dodge Caravan for more money and to give me $15, 000 for a car that I just paid $30K for not even 6 months prior do they think I am stupid. I want Chrysler to force them to buy this piece of garbage back and I will be on my way. I am so done. I got railroaded it seems I told them when I got the car how much I could pay 400 a month maximum, they set everything up, they said take the car home with you, I did this was a Saturday, Monday I don't here anything, Tuesday it appears that there is a problem with the financing, I go back, I am told I can't have the extended warranty, the undercoating and sealant package, the tire warranty or the insurance included in my financing and that my interest will be higher which makes no sense I got the same interest as someone buying a use car, my brother has excellent credit and it was being financed under his name. Not only that the payments are 100 more then what I stated but I was caught between the rock and a hard place. I have never been so disillusioned by a company in my whole life. I will never buy a Dodge again nor will I ever deal with MRC once this is resolved, they are crooks, the cost for just an oil change is ludicrous

Chryslerignition switch replacement

On 01/15/2016 the service adviser at my local dealership told me that my the ignition switch on my 2010 Dodge Journey needed to be replaced at a cost of $410.00 plus tax. He also stated that the problem was the same as the one that Chrysler has a recall in for but that my vehicle does not qualify for a recall repair. Same part, same problem. I would like Chrysler to stand behind their product and repair the faulty switch at their expense not mine.

Chrysler Corporation2004 chrysler pacifica

I took my pacifica in for routine maintenance and upon picking up my car, I was told that my engine craddle or subframe is so corroded that it is unsafe for me & my family to drive it. I have a 2800.00 repair bill and chrysler's response, "nothing we can do. Have a nice day". Not acceptable! Shame on you chrysler!

Chryslercanadian made chrysler pacifica 2006

When I went to a local garage for an oil change, I was told by the mechanic that the van would no longer pass inspection. I told him by all appearances that the Pacifica looked in great condition although I had an front end alignment that had not held and caused two new tires to wear out prematurely. He then proceeded to point out the the front frame that cradles the engine was rusted and cracked. That allowed the frame to flex and could lead to the engine falling out and would probably take the steering with it. He proceeded to the rear and showed me the same amount of rust and cracked metal. He also said the rocker panel on the passenger side was gone. We both concluded it was unsafe to drive. After some research on the internet I found similar examples from 2004 through 2006. As the car was in good shape, we decided to replace the frames. The only other option was scrape value as Chrysler apparently knew of the problem so trade value was almost as worthless as scrap. I found frames from down south that had not been effected by road salt and had not rusted. Anyway $3000 later, I was back on the rode. We replaced the front and rear frames, inner and outer rocker panels on both sides, all tires that had been ruined by the front end flexing, and an assortment of front and rear end parts that go with the change overs. The K frames are made of pressed steel and do not have proper drainage points. The frames also lacked proper protection from the salt that is put on our roads to aid snow removal. Chrysler of Canada should have known this and offered a replacement for the frames. This would have occurred even sooner as we live in central Maine but for the last two years, we spent the worst part of the winters in sunny Florida!

Clay Cooley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Rambait and switch sales; non-existent customer service

I am amazed that this place is still in business. First, the sales experience: we were looking for a car for our teenage daughter. Found a 2014 charger at this dealership. Of note, not one of the vulture like sales persons knew anything appreciable about the car or its operations. They were however very concerned with making sure they were seen talking to us to get a part of the commission on the sale. Then the classic bait and switch (Read that as deceptive trade practices under the texas business and commerce code) in that at the last minute, knowing that we were planning a timed surprise gift of the car to our daughter, they jacked up the price almost 2k for unwanted "dealer add-ons" despite the fact that we had agreed on an "out the door" price. Second, service: my wife made an appointment to get the windows tinted, adjust the nitrogen filled tires, and a minor fix to the tailpipe (Replace bracket). My wife shows up on time but was told she was not on the schedule. She was told she would have to wait 4 hours in order to squeeze her in despite having an appointment and also that they did not have the bracket on hand. She rescheduled. Returned at the new date and time. She waited in the grimy and cramped waiting area. After four hours, someone noticed that the car had not even been moved! All of the staff blamed each other (It was "fleet's" fault; it was "service's" fault; it was a "we owe" issue, etc. ). Finally after an astonishing six hours, she got the car. I checked the tires when she got home. They had 45 - 47 psi! They tried to tell my wife it was because it was hot outside and they expanded. Nonsense! The main reason to have nitrogen is the absence of fluctuation of tire pressures due to changes in weather.In other words, the psi does not significantly vary like ordinary air. I called the service guy who admitted that he just topped them off with regular air just to get my wife out of there. He also apologized for lying to my wife when he said that the high psi was no big deal as the tires were rated to comfortably run at 42 psi. This is a lie. I inspected the tires which were rated at a maximum of 42 psi (Recall they put 45-47 in the tires). This is a safety issue indeed. I asked if he would feel comfortable as a dad with his daughter's safety driving the car in dallas fort worth traffic with such overly inflated tires... He did apologize and said to just come back (20miles away) and they would drain them and fill them with nitrogen. That was 4 weeks ago. I took time off work and went over there and waited. They brought the car back and said sorry but they were out of nitrogen. Each time I try to call, I get put on hold and many times, hung up on. Nobody and answer simple questions like "do you have nitrogen"? We have been absolutely amazed at the lack of attention to detail, the complete absence of customer care and the sheer incompetence of this dealership. I have tried many times to reach out to the service manager, mr. Eric sanchez, as well to mr. Chase cooley (Whom I met during the sales phase) , to discuss the above and a myriad of other troubles with this dealership. I just want to let them know just how bad this place is being run. Not one time has anyone bothered to call me back. Not once despite many calls to them. The take away? From my perspective, they just do not care once they get your money. I do not want anything for free as a concession for the dismal performance of their sales and service departments. I simply wanted to draw their attention to the problems because if they do not know, they can't fix it. They just do not seem to care. Perhaps this posting and the many others I plan to post will get their attention so that they can fix the problems. At very least, all potential buyers will go into a business relationship with both eyes open after reading this and the many other complaint posts about this clay cooley dodge dealership.

Chrysler Capitolhorrible company!

Stay away from these people, they are heartless, horrible, greedy, despicable human beings.I don't know how they sleep at night!

I bought a 2015 Fiat 500 from Fiat of Ontario. Chrysler Capital financed the car at 19% interest and charged me a $900 "Bank fee." There were problems with the Fiat that could not be fixed so the dealership who also sells Jeeps told me to bring the car back and they would give me back everything I paid for it and put me in another car. This time Chrysler Capital charged me a $1, 200 "Bank fee" and 21.5% interest. When I questioned the interest rate increase CC told me that it is the dealership that "chooses" the rate, when I questioned the dealership they showed me the form from CC that clearly showed the 21.5% percent interest rate, so CC lied to me.

When I bought the Jeep, I was asked by the dealership to purchase an extended warranty contract so they could break even on the deal. So I did, after having been told that after 30 days I could cancel it and get the $2, 100 back as a refund, back to me. Well, that wasn't true, I am dealing with the dealership on that as we speak, however, I requested that CC credit my account payments with the $2K, they refused. So, after charging me $2, 100 in "Bank fees" and a 21.5% interest rate, they refused to do what I asked them to do.

It is clear to me that they have no interest in keeping me even remotely happy, there is no lever of acceptable customer service in any of this, and they are horrible, heartless, greedy people, and are the poster child for what is wrong with "capitalism" in this country.

There was a day...but no more, and I HATE these people.My advice, stay away!

Gwinnett Chrysler Stn MTN — rip off

The problem begin in may 2015.The steering became very hard to turn i thought it was just the power steering...

Chrysler Corporationthrottle body

Just bought a 2010 dodge journey in May of 2015 with 40, 000 miles from Mike Riehls Chrysler-jeep in Roseville Michigan and it broke down in my driveway already on July 10, 2015. My car is still under warranty but the dealership is saying its not covered and I have to pay $600 in repairs. I was treated very very poorly by the dealership and Chrysler Headquarters is doing nothing to help. I dont even want the vehicle anymore and now Im stuck paying for a piece of crap for the next 5 yrs. Someone please help

Chrysler Auto Groupsub frame rust

had front end work done recently and was told that front end of my under both tires that frames are all rusting out and that car not safe to drive its a 2004 pacifica all wheel drive just recently put about $4000.00 into it runs excellent well taking care of it 241.000 miles on it mostly high way I/m retired now on a budget now with kids in college now .this machanic of 30 plus years has not seen anything like i/ve heard alot of complaints about crysler pacificas rusting out and i can/t afford to fix it considering the money i paid the car 11 years ago something got to be done thanks donald lohan

Gandrud Chrysler — honesty

I took my car in for an oil change. When it was done I asked how the transmission level was. I was told the...

Westborn Dodge Chrysler Jeep — deposit refund refusal

I visited Westborn Dodge to purchase a 2015 Charger. I gave a deposit for a vehicle, at that time I was told...

Maple Ridge Chryslercould not fix the problem

I bought a used truck from Maple Ridge Chrysler back in 2011. After my truck was into maple ridge chrysler 6 times for a leak under the passenger side dash I gave up on getting them to fix the issue. I have since replaced the heater core which they said was in good condition, but it was actually faulty.

Staff there including Jim were useless and rude to me. Don't buy used from Maple Ridge Chrysler, they don't stand behind their products.

Dulles Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ramdishonesty

Dishonesty is alive and well at Dulles Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram. My wife and I tried to purchase a used Toyota Highlander from Nick Homan at this dealership. We went to the dealership, drove the car, liked it and made an offer. They did not accept our offer and we told them if they changed their mind to give us a call. Nick called my wife back and told her they would do the deal. When we arrived they filled out the paperwork then Nick went to another office and came back out with Samantha, his manager. Samantha proceeded to tell us they would work with us but not at our offer. She said Nick did not talk to her and she would not honor the deal. Nick proceeded to tell my wife that this was not his fault and there was nothing he could do. This was a complete waste of time for us and an outright lie. We drove an hour to this dealership, took off early from work after we were told by Nick "they would do the deal, come and pick it up". Please find another dealer to buy a car from, no one should be treated like this!

Chrysler Pacifica — frame/undercarriage rust

2005 Pacifica Frame and undercarriage is rusting out after 10 years and only 88, 000 miles. I purchased it...

2005 Chrysler Pacificamajor auto defect

Engine cradle/subframe literally rotting away under my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler indicated that this defect repair is not being covered by their company despite their acknowledgement of the problem. I called customer service at the corporate level on 1/10/15. The representative encouraged me to write to:

Richard Thornton, Head of Operations Customer Care
                        Chrysler Group, LLC
                        CIMS [protected]
                        800 Chrysler Dr.
                        Auburn Hills, MI 48326

Maple Ridge Chrysler — fraud and theft

I decided to go to them to get a safe vehicle for my upcoming family. My wife was 3 months pregnant so we...

Maple Ridge

Chryslerno lic plates received

I bought a 2014 chrysler 300c from sansone automall on 9/30/2014. I have been waiting for the to give ne the registration and plate for the vehicle. It is now 11/04/2014
                          and after being told of every excuse under the sun, i still dont have the nys license plates or registration which was promised me numerous times before. I have a car that i cant driveeven though they gave me a second set of temp. plates. i thought that was illegal!!!) I want to return the car and get my money back(i paid by bank check, no car note)

2006 Chrysler Sebring V6 Convertiblecriminal activities

One 09/17/2014 I Reported Criminal Activities on 2006 Sebring V6 Convertible Chrysler Vin# 1C3EL55R46N135547/ ACCOUNT # [protected]/DRIVETIME CARSALE COMPANY LLC / To Drive Time Repersentive Kalie Hargroove She process for my car to REPO ON 09/17/[protected]/also Dallas Police Impound the SAME VEHICLE ON 09/17/2014 AT 1955 Vilbig, Dallas, Tx 75208 Open Records [protected] //Control# [protected] And Case # [protected] OFFICER B. TALLEY BADGE#9605, Gave Jeanine Robertson Livingston / Justine Livingston PERMISSION TO Withhold Evidence of The 12 Inch Roost Beef Subway Sandwich, Personal Items 2 Jewerl Boxs, Green Suit Case, 1 Basket Of Shoes and 1 Basket Of Cloths Against My Will Due to My Work Related Injury at Tribeca O n The Creek 6264 Melody Ln apt 3066 Dallas, Tx [protected] I have videos to prove these False Allegations 145 Weston CT Rockwall Tx [protected]. ON 10/09/2014 Kristen at ext 7574 customer relations with Drive Time withholding a Full Detail Condition Report From 02/27/2013 to 10/08/2014 . Pat ext 6357 at MANHEIM DALLAS # [protected] AT 11:23AM ON 10/09/2014 SAID thatt she sent Drivetime a Update condition report on 10/08/2014

Chrysler Pacifica 2006just notified car is unsafe to drive due to corrosion of subframe

We have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and have had it serviced with Team Welsh since 2006. None of the service personnel ever mentioned any issue with corrosion of the subframe of the car. When looking into this, we discovered this is a predictable problem, so much so that earlier versions of the car were recalled.
                              There have been numerous complaints about this issue, yet we were never warned of the problem. If we knew, we might have taken precautions, such as regular painting of the undercarriage of the car. I was advised to sell the car to a wholesaler since it would be dangerous and I would be liable if I sold it to someone else without disclosing the issue. We thought this was a unique situation but after researching the matter online, hundreds of complaints showed up with the exact same issue.
                              We want immediate resolution of the problem from Team Welsh since they are the representatives of this car and did nothing to warn us of the problem. I drive my children and their friends all the time and apparently have put everyone at risk for quite some time now.