Having problems with Chrysler?

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

Complaints & Reviews

this commercial mocks marriage!

I saw a TV ad for Chrysler on 1/27/07. It aired on ABC, channel 8, WFAA in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. In the commercial a middle aged man’s old car is replaced with a new luxurious Chrysler. His wife of 27 years, named Agnes, is also replaced with a much younger, sexy beautiful woman very much to the middle aged man’s delight. I am a 46 year old female who has been married for 27 years. No, my name is not Agnes. I believe this commercial mocks marriage, makes light of infidelity, insults older women, undermines the family, and continues to reveal the blatant contempt of corporate America and the advertising media for traditional values.

• Cw
    C.W. Ochoa Feb 21, 2007

You need to fire your ad agency. You're going from "bad to worse." The German guy was bad enough, but now you slam all decent women in the country (and men, too) by replacing the wife with a bimbo. BAD. BAD. BAD.

Chris Jan 12, 2008

Get over it!

• Cb
    cbren2006 Jul 26, 2010

So I guess here they go again. I am in disbelief that they would now mock my God, with the new CHRISTler. emphaising CHrist. by another preacher. giving the vows. at a wedding. BAD BUSINESS.

defective brakes

We purchased 2005 Chrysler town and country, heard intermittent rubbing sounds when backing up since new. I...

daimlerchrysler quality is crap and they don't stand behind their products!

I own a 2002 Chrylser Town & Country LXi (original owner). This past April with just under 39K miles on the odometer I noted a whirring noise from the engine compartment that grew progressively louder over the course of several weeks.

I suspected a bad alterator which the dealer confirmed. Since i was 3K miles beyond the 'bumper to bumper' warranty (36K miles)I assumed it would be replaced under the extended powertrain warranty. Surprise! An alternator is not considered part of the powertrain and I had to shell out $460 to have it replaced. What really frosts me is that I paid extra for the 'heavy duty - extra capacity' alternator package when I bought this car because I tow a trailer with it.

I have owned many different cars over the years from many different manufacturers (Volvo, Saab, Ford, GM, Audi, etc.) and I have never had to replace the alternator in any of those vehicles, many of which exceeded 100K miles while I owned them. I wrote a letter of complaint to D/C consumer affairs and received a polite form letter in return expressing regret for the problems I experienced, and that's all.

My brother-in-law also has a 2002 T&C (LX model) and guess what? He just had to pay to have his alternator replaced too and he has 58K miles on his odometer. Everyone seeing a pattern here?

Bottom line - D/C quality is crap and they don't stand behind their products. This is the first and last D/C product I will ever own.

• Do
    don gawlick Nov 30, 2007

I own a 2001 town&country limited. The alternator has some kind of clutch drive pulley which has got noisy with two replacement alternators. I'm looking for a third one or just a replacement pulley would work. If Chrysler was smart they would look at these same complaints and correct problems. I would not buy another Chrysler product until some effort is made to this end. I've owned a 1996 & 2001 town&country and looking at other manufactures of quality vehicles.

• Da
    dawn moyihan Dec 06, 2007

Purchased Chrysler Town and Country 2001 new (first time to purchase new car and nothing but problems ever since). The car was in the shop 28 times in the first 20,000 miles. Power window motors replaced on both sides, power sliding door motors replaced on both sides, balancing bar replaced, weather stripping around front windshield, break problems, dash board electrical problems. Chrysler refused to lemon or replace the car as each repair was not a repeat problem and engine was running fine. With each visit to service, the customer service representatives were less than helpful and would dispute many of the problems while car was under warranty (until we started taking a friend of ours who happened to be a mechanic in with us).

We obtained extended warranty and continue to have problems - the car is close to expiration on extended warranty and existing problems are being patched as opposed to fixed. It is becoming obvious that they will not do true repairs until we are out of warranty (less cost to them). With 60K miles, have had air conditioning work completed twice and now having serious transmission and alternator problems. Have been to dealership 3 times with transmission issue and have yet to have the car working properly. We will probably be looking at a new car soon - a good 60K miles before we should have to.

Every time we are in the service department, we hear similar stories of poor quality cars that have people returning repeatedly to the service department. The cost of time and loss of car usage is paramount when you look as the number of times we have been in - 41 and counting. Many families may not be as blessed as we are to have a back up in place to ensure we can still function while the van is in for repairs. We have purchased used in the past and without mishap until the cars finally hit enough miles that it was time to move on.

Chrysler vans are used primarly for families and children and safety and reliability should be a number one priority. But is not not - so please beware.

• Bi
    Billie Jo Anson Jan 14, 2008

I purchased a bag from LvZBagsplus.com. The site said they will give a full refund if you are not pleased with your purchase. I recieved the bag and took one look at this cheep made excuse for a replica, and I wanted to retun it for a refund. I have made at least 10 phone calls and have sent more than 10 e-mails. The phone reps say they do not know the address and you can only get the retun information by e-mail. The e-mails they send only offer me a 30% discount on my next purchase. Do not make my mistake and purchase a bag from lvbagsplus.com, this company is a scam. I'm stuck with a cheep made ugly bag that I have never used.

I will never again buy a car from this dealership!

I purchased a vehicle from them in March 06. This vehicle was used and did not have but one key for it, but I was promised that they would get me the other key, which they never did and I talked to my salesman who acted as if he never promised this (I should have gotten it in writing) so I still do not have a key for my husband to this day. This vehicle was also missing a tire jack which I did not know until a few weeks after I had it. Recently I refinanced this vehicle for a cheaper interest rate. The existing loan was paid in full by the new lender. I had taken out gap insurance and the extended warranty on the original loan. I also took out gap insurance on the new loan. I was told to go to the dealership and cancel the old gap insurance plan and the extended warranty if I no longer wanted to keep it and I would get a refund on both since they had been paid in full. Because if I did not cancel it I would be paying twice for gap insurance since the original was paid in full and the new lender added it on when I refinanced. I am no math genious and I can figure this one out. I went and filled out all the paperwork to process the cancellation and had no problems. I called three weeks later to inquire if my paperwork had been processed because I still had no check, and the original finance manager that took care of this process no longer worked there. I talked to another finance manager who was very rude, not helpful and gave me grief about canceling my extended warranty after such a short time. I really did not fell comfortable about the decision to get the extended warranty to begin with, but I was kind of bullied into it, the way car salesman tend to do. I did not want to be harassed about my decision to cancel it but I was. He also informed me that I would not be getting anything for the gap insurance because I had not paid much on it. He is obviously not intelligent enough to figure out that a full refund is due because it is paid in full. I will never again buy a car from this dealership after the way we have been treated.

• Bt
    BT Jan 05, 2007

January 2007

The engine light on my PT Cruiser came on last week. We called Wolfchase Chrysler (I bought the car in another state before we moved). We were told it would probably go off on its own but to bring it in for a check. We had also received a recall notice and wanted that checked. We were told they could get to us on Tuesday, January 2nd which wasn't convenient with my work schedule. Instead we scheduled the service for Friday. I called the day prior to find out where to leave it the night before. On the day the work was supposed to take place, I was called at noon and told they were looking at my car at that time, had not found any problems, etc. When my fiance called at 3 p.m., he was told my car had not even been touched and they were still working on cars from the previous Tuesday.
    This is ridiculous! Does the right arm not talk to the left at this dealership?

We will never EVER use them again and would not THINK of purchasing anything from them.

I will not let their treatment of me and my mother go

A remote starter was to be installed and for four days we sat and waited never to hear from them again. I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices