Having problems with Chrysler?

Chrysler reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 11, 2006. The latest review bad Jeep Grand Chjerrokee service repairs was posted on Sep 7, 2021. The latest complaint dealership westborn chrysler was resolved on May 09, 2019. Chrysler has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 461 reviews. Chrysler has resolved 71 complaints.

Chrysler Customer Service Contacts

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chrysler Customer Service. Initial Chrysler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chrysler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chrysler. Discuss the issues you have had with Chrysler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Chrysler Complaints & Reviews, Page 21

Chrysler Group LLCrefuse to fix vehicle

I am writing you today because I am having a very difficult time finding someone who is willing to help me with my malfunctioning vehicle before it gets me killed. I have contacted Chrysler, Dodge and several lawyers and I still find myself at the end of a dead end street.

In 2007 I purchased a 2008 Dodge Avenger from Westside Dodge. I have had recall after recall and now the latest malfunction is going to get me killed.

I have been in contact and dealing with Chrysler and Dodge for the past several months trying to have the malfunction of my car fixed or replaced. I have delivered or had me my vehicle towed to the dealership on 5 different occasions for the same problem. I have had far too many close call car accidents because of this malfunction. While I am driving, on the interstate during rush hour traffic, traveling 60-70 mph the accelerator will automatically stop working. The gas pedal goes to the floor, revs up, but does not go anywhere. The car goes from 60-70 mph to 20-30mph in a matter of seconds. It is almost as if the car goes into neutral all by itself. After 10-15 seconds the accelerator will start working again and I can continue on my way to my destination. There are no warning signs to know it is coming and after the accelerator starts to work again there are no malfunction lights, such as a check engine light, that comes on to alert of a problem. The most recent time this happened was this morning...every week I have to take time off of my job to deal with getting a rental car and having my car towed back to the dealership.

The dealership and Chrysler continue to give me the run around by telling me that "they have had several reports of this around the world, we do not know what is causing it and we do not know how to fix it.” They are not willing to find a resolution other than "come get the car when it happens again just call us." In the mean time I am going to get into a serious accident and get hurt or possibly killed because they REFUSE to fix this car.

In the light of the most recent Toyota controversy, you would think Chrysler/Dodge would be a little more willing to take action and try to find a resolution to this malfunction before someone gets hurt, injured or killed.

Chryslerunlawfull practices... file a complaint

here is a link to the FTC everyone should file a complaint... and get something done about the ###...

Debt Collection FAQs: A Guide for Consumers
    If you’re behind in paying your bills, or a creditor’s records mistakenly make it appear that you are, a debt collector may be contacting you.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which prohibits debt collectors from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices to collect from you.

Under the FDCPA, a debt collector is someone who regularly collects debts owed to others. This includes collection agencies, lawyers who collect debts on a regular basis, and companies that buy delinquent debts and then try to collect them.

Here are some questions and answers about your rights under the Act.

What types of debts are covered?
    The Act covers personal, family, and household debts, including money you owe on a personal credit card account, an auto loan, a medical bill, and your mortgage. The FDCPA doesn’t cover debts you incurred to run a business.

Can a debt collector contact me any time or any place?
    No. A debt collector may not contact you at inconvenient times or places, such as before 8 in the morning or after 9 at night, unless you agree to it. And collectors may not contact you at work if they’re told (orally or in writing) that you’re not allowed to get calls there.

How can I stop a debt collector from contacting me?
    If a collector contacts you about a debt, you may want to talk to them at least once to see if you can resolve the matter – even if you don’t think you owe the debt, can’t repay it immediately, or think that the collector is contacting you by mistake. If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:

Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.

Can a debt collector contact anyone else about my debt?
    If an attorney is representing you about the debt, the debt collector must contact the attorney, rather than you. If you don’t have an attorney, a collector may contact other people – but only to find out your address, your home phone number, and where you work. Collectors usually are prohibited from contacting third parties more than once. Other than to obtain this location information about you, a debt collector generally is not permitted to discuss your debt with anyone other than you, your spouse, or your attorney.

What does the debt collector have to tell me about the debt?
    Every collector must send you a written “validation notice” telling you how much money you owe within five days after they first contact you. This notice also must include the name of the creditor to whom you owe the money, and how to proceed if you don’t think you owe the money.

Can a debt collector keep contacting me if I don’t think I owe any money?
    If you send the debt collector a letter stating that you don’t owe any or all of the money, or asking for verification of the debt, that collector must stop contacting you. You have to send that letter within 30 days after you receive the validation notice. But a collector can begin contacting you again if it sends you written verification of the debt, like a copy of a bill for the amount you owe.

What practices are off limits for debt collectors?
    Harassment. Debt collectors may not harass, oppress, or abuse you or any third parties they contact. For example, they may not:

use threats of violence or harm;
    publish a list of names of people who refuse to pay their debts (but they can give this information to the credit reporting companies);
    use obscene or profane language; or
    repeatedly use the phone to annoy someone.
    False statements. Debt collectors may not lie when they are trying to collect a debt. For example, they may not:

falsely claim that they are attorneys or government representatives;
    falsely claim that you have committed a crime;
    falsely represent that they operate or work for a credit reporting company;
    misrepresent the amount you owe;
    indicate that papers they send you are legal forms if they aren’t; or
    indicate that papers they send to you aren’t legal forms if they are.
    Debt collectors also are prohibited from saying that:

you will be arrested if you don’t pay your debt;
    they’ll seize, garnish, attach, or sell your property or wages unless they are permitted by law to take the action and intend to do so; or
    legal action will be taken against you, if doing so would be illegal or if they don’t intend to take the action.
    Debt collectors may not:

give false credit information about you to anyone, including a credit reporting company;
    send you anything that looks like an official document from a court or government agency if it isn’t; or
    use a false company name.
    Unfair practices. Debt collectors may not engage in unfair practices when they try to collect a debt. For example, they may not:

try to collect any interest, fee, or other charge on top of the amount you owe unless the contract that created your debt – or your state law – allows the charge;
    deposit a post-dated check early;
    take or threaten to take your property unless it can be done legally; or
    contact you by postcard.
    Can I control which debts my payments apply to?
    Yes. If a debt collector is trying to collect more than one debt from you, the collector must apply any payment you make to the debt you select. Equally important, a debt collector may not apply a payment to a debt you don’t think you owe.

Can a debt collector garnish my bank account or my wages?
    If you don’t pay a debt, a creditor or its debt collector generally can sue you to collect. If they win, the court will enter a judgment against you. The judgment states the amount of money you owe, and allows the creditor or collector to get a garnishment order against you, directing a third party, like your bank, to turn over funds from your account to pay the debt.

Wage garnishment happens when your employer withholds part of your compensation to pay your debts. Your wages usually can be garnished only as the result of a court order. Don’t ignore a lawsuit summons. If you do, you lose the opportunity to fight a wage garnishment.

Can federal benefits be garnished?
    Many federal benefits are exempt from garnishment, including:

Social Security Benefits
    Railroad Retirement Benefits
    Merchant Seamen Wages
    Longshoremen’s and Harbor Workers’ Death and Disability Benefits
    Foreign Service Retirement and Disability Benefits
    Compensation for Injury, Death, or Detention of Employees of U.S. Contractors Outside the U.S.
    Federal Emergency Management Agency Federal Disaster Assistance
    But federal benefits may be garnished under certain circumstances, including to pay delinquent taxes, alimony, child support, or student loans.

Do I have any recourse if I think a debt collector has violated the law?
    You have the right to sue a collector in a state or federal court within one year from the date the law was violated. If you win, the judge can require the collector to pay you for any damages you can prove you suffered because of the illegal collection practices, like lost wages and medical bills. The judge can require the debt collector to pay you up to $1, 000, even if you can’t prove that you suffered actual damages. You also can be reimbursed for your attorney’s fees and court costs. A group of people also may sue a debt collector as part of a class action lawsuit and recover money for damages up to $500, 000, or one percent of the collector’s net worth, whichever amount is lower. Even if a debt collector violates the FDCPA in trying to collect a debt, the debt does not go away if you owe it.

What should I do if a debt collector sues me?
    If a debt collector files a lawsuit against you to collect a debt, respond to the lawsuit, either personally or through your lawyer, by the date specified in the court papers to preserve your rights.

Where do I report a debt collector for an alleged violation?
    Report any problems you have with a debt collector to your state Attorney General’s office (www.naag.org) and the Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov). Many states have their own debt collection laws that are different from the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Your Attorney General’s office can help you determine your rights under your state’s law.

For More Information
    To learn more about debt collection and other credit-related issues, visit www.ftc.gov/credit and MyMoney.gov, the U.S. government’s portal to financial education.

The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or get free information on consumer issues, visit ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP [protected]); TTY: [protected]. Watch a new video, How to File a Complaint, at ftc.gov/video to learn more. The FTC enters consumer complaints into the Consumer Sentinel Network, a secure online database and investigative tool used by hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad

If you have had problems call or file a complaint...they dont take much time

2004 Chrysler Pacifica — rusted subframe

A car that is 6 years old with 92, 000 miles has a subframe that is completed rusted through. I was told that...

Chryslerwarranty

I have a warranty and chrysler refuses to fix my vehicle because the problem is intermittent. The dealer found the problem 3 times and did 3 things that did not work. They say I have to be a slave to my car and take it to them only while acting up. This is most inconvenient. I do not recommend buying chrysler products to anyone. They would rather screw me and save $1000 and lose all future business than fix it and create good-will. My case number with chrysler is [protected]. I will continue to tell anyone who will listen, why you should not pay for chrysler products when they do not honor their end of the deal. They took my money and did not argue about that.

• Db
          dbwine Jan 27, 2011

I am just filed an almost identical claim. Care number [protected] at Chrysler Canada for my Jeep Liberty 2006. After paying $50 000 dollars for my vehicle I am told that I have to leave my vehicle at the dealership until they can find the intermitant problem I have described. I bought the vehicle becasue I needed reliable transportation, now I am reading all kinds of forums that are explaining a transmission defaults and Chrysler won't tell me any of the issues they have uncovered about this problem.

Superstition Springs Chrysler Jeep Dodge — fruadulant business practices

I went to SS Chrysler Jeep Dodge on Thursday 3/18/2010 spoke with a salesman named Patrick. Patrick helped me...

Chrysler2008 vehicle with a lot issues

I am writing because I feel this dealership has ript me off. I also feel like dodge and chryler is the worst vehicle you ever buy there customer service sucks there warranty sucks. This corporation shouldnt be allowed to survive. Instead of shutting down general motors factors down they need to close all factorys that build dodge and chrysler products. I purchased a 2008 dodge ram 3500 from town and country dodge in conyers ga. I fully explained the work load I was doing with the vehicle I was purchasing. I told them what I was looking for as far as warrantys I need for the vehicle, not only did they not follow threw with all I was needing my truck has 67000 miles on it 1 year and half old the rear end has come apart I was told that it was my responsibilty to fix cause my warranty expired at 36000 whe I was told I had 100000 powertrain warranty in the begining but after paying half the bill and picking up my truck and driving it 400 miles the transmission gave out. Now what kind of thing is for the rear end to come apart with no explanaition and after putting a new rear end in the truck the same day of driving it home the transmission comes apart, you want to tell me this isnt a lemon and no one can answer me why this is or have any kind or remorce dodge and chrysler products suck. I called and called and no one in there organization can do anything to look into why is it that I should have to continue to dump money in a vehicle that should have warranty for and shouldnt have these problems this early in the life of the vehicle.

Weldon Morgan Aug 20, 2015

All paper work was mailed to Chrysler, no reply. In the meantime I received another recall notice on the airbags which Chrysler wrote they did not have the parts and I would be notified when they had them. This is a scam because they never send out recall, their way of getting away with not paying for the repairs. My State attorney general will be notified and also my Washington representatives.

• Je
            Jerrie W Aug 20, 2015

We purchased a new 2008 Chrysler Aspen from Red River Dodge in Heber Springs Arkansas. We purchased the lifetime maximum Care extended warranty for the vehicle. If I remember correctly we paid approx. $2500 for warranty. On Tuesday July 28, 2015 the vehicle would not shift out of park. Called and had it towed to the nearest Chrysler dealer (Fletcher Chrysler Sherwood Arkansas). They informed me that it would be late in the week or possibly the following week before they could even look at it. On Friday July 31st we get a call from service consultant telling us that the shift cable was broke and it was on a national back order, may take a week, may take 2-3 weeks I just don't know. The following Tuesday August 4th hadn't heard from anyone so my husband goes to the dealer, the only person that would help was the parts manager, he said he had tried every avenue to find part, but it would not be available until sometime in NOVEMBER yes that's right NOVEMBER. He gave him a number to call for Chrysler representative for our area. I made that call and did the HELL begin. Got a call back the next day telling me the rental reimbursement expired at 100, 000 mi and they won't authorize rental, told me to rent a vehicle for 4-5 months and they MIGHT reimburse again they said MIGHT but no guarantee. My next call was to the General Manager of dealership, he could have cared less, no empathy at all. On Wednesday August 5th I went to dealership and waited for service manager, he didn't have a clue about the problem with my vehicle, after lengthy story of what had already transpired, his reply was I'll see what I can do. 5 days later hadn't heard from anybody, started phone calls to dealership, Chrysler and Mopar vehicle protection still no resolve except for a lot of "I understand" "Im sorry". Yea I'm sorry I ever purchased a Chrysler. Today August 20th, my vehicle has been in the shop 24 days, no end in sight, no help from anybody. Called Mopar again, "well I see 3 case numbers assigned to this, I will have Nate "supervisor of parts" call you and see what we can do. SAME OLD CRAP, this is about to give me a heart attack, thinking about hiring a lawyer, totally unacceptable. Any suggestions.

Weldon Morgan Jun 17, 2015

Would like Chrysler to refund funds I was out.

Weldon Morgan Jun 17, 2015

I have a Chrysler 300. The ignition system completely failed and locked the transmission almost causing me to wreck. Everything shut down. There was a recall on this problem issued in 2014. I never received any information on the recall. Chrysler recall dept. was contacted after I found the recall after searching the internet. I was more or less told not to bother them and take it up with the service manager where I had car repaired. Chrysler was contacted by the service manager where I took car for repair about coverage of recall fees. His call was never returned. I was out $890. for repairs. I also have a 2001 dodge pickup and the dash has several cracks and no recall was ever placed on this problem. Will get rid of this junk as soon as possible. This is what our tax money is paying for.

Yardley, Massey Chrysler — customer service

Dear Mr. Yardley: I am writing to report poor customer service received at your Body Shop when interacting...

Chryslerharassing phone calls

For the past several days Chrysler Financial has continued to harrass me for my auto payment. I have explained to them on several occasions that my hours have been cut at work and that I am having some financial difficulty. They are asking too many personal questions that I feel is a form of intimidation. They got 50 billion dollars from us taxpayers and they will not be able to pay it back. We should all start calling them to get our money back before they go bankrupt. I will never buy Chrysler products again, and my friend owns a dealership.

Ed Voyles Chrysler Jeep Dodge — bad ethics

On multiple occasions we were forced to clean flooded or mold filled cars by blowing them out and adding...

Chrysler — misleading information

I purchase a new 2017 Jeep Wranger -"X" Unlimited for alot of money. I expected the Sales Respresentive and...

Langley Chryslerusing customer cars for their own use

My car was in the shop for a rear defrost malfunction. When I picked it I found Mcdonalds garbage in the back of the car as well as a wallet belonging to a mechanic. Apparently this mechanic took my car to go get his lunch. So basically he took my car without my permission and could have been in an accident and/or drove my car with undue care. I took this stuff back into the service advisor I was dealing with. I made a complaint he assured me that it was not condoned and that the service manager would be back in a couple of days. I phoned the manager he again assured me this was not condoned and against company policy and that if he (the mechanic) did it again he would be fired. I however do not feel alleviated by this at all. I feel that this is a form of stealing. I was offered nothing for my frustration but more frustration.

chrysler corp.near death experience!!

On 11-12-2009, I was on my way to Ann Arbor, Mi. I was driving my husband to the V.A. Hospital there. Approx. 28 miles north on highway 23, my car, a 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE, gauge showed signs of over heating. The gauge had raised slightly. To keep from harming my engine, I pulled to the side of the road. When my husband raised the hood the car was in total flames, and ready to break through the fire wall. We had 3 police cars, 2 rescue units, and a huge fire truck on scene putting it out. The officer, and the fire chief from the area, said we were very lucky I pulled over when I did. We were close to being burnt alive. I would like for some one to repair my car free of charge! Or replace it with something of close to the same value. We are both disabled, and on a limited income. This is the only form of transportation we have to get to important life saving doctor, and hospital appt. We have to travel from Houghton Lake, Mi. to Ann Arbor Veterans Hospital at least two- three times a month, because of my husbands health. I emailed you approx. a week ago, and never recieved a response. I did not include photos because the car is in Jackson, Mi. at my brother in laws home, and I have no way down there to take them. If you would like to send some one over there to see the car please contact me at my home address, or phone number. Or at least email me in aknowledgement of my request. If I don't hear from you, I will assume you intend not to help, and will go forth with getting help from a lawyer. Thank you for your time, Linda Hughes

2005 Chrysler town and country — spare tire storage area.

My dads 2005 chrysler town and country got a flat tire on the front drivers side. The spare tire is located...

Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep — service department slow

I left my car for service a night before so that someone can take a look at it this morning. After calling in...

Miller's Chrysler Jeep — service

On 8/12/09 I brought my 2007 Jeep Compass into Miller’s Chrysler Jeep for internal transmission...

Major Dodge Jeep Chryslermistake, mistake, mistake

I went to buy a car to Major World KIA.The total price of the KIA SPORTAGE EX was $18, 000.00 approximately with he extras. Including taxes, and all other miscellaneous the vehicle should have been $23, 000.00. I gave a $9, 000.00 cash down payment which should had brought the price down. After they showed in paper the price I agreed. Sal made me wait 6 hours to get my car and I was tired. When Sal drafted the contract I assumed that the numbers were the same of that drafted document they showed me first. Instead of decreasing the price of the KIA SPORTAGE by the $9, 000.00 cash down payment it was added to the price of $23, 000.00. So I did not purchase a BMW I purchased a KIA SPORTAGE for $23, 000.00+ cash down payment $9, 000.00 for the total amount of $32, 000.00. I tried to get in contact with Sal after I noticed the mistake, they claim it is to late because I already sign the contract, and there is no mistake.

Used vehicle - 2007 Chrysler Sebringissues with car safety and hippa

I recently traded in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt for a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. I had to travel 30 miles to this dealership who stated that he felt he could get me into a "new" vehicle. When I arrived this changed and he only showed me the "used" vehicles on the lot -- I had some credit issues so didn't mind as long as it was a "good" used vehicle as the one that I was trading in had been purchased new and was in excellent condition. The Sebring appeared to be a beautiful car and initially drove well but as the days went by after the purchase, I found issues with the console lights - still having problems with this - noises in the engine, front end, electric window and now the brakes and I've only had the vehicle for 3 weeks! Also, the vehicle that I traded in was sold to someone with documents that had my personal information on it. The individual who purchased it had problems obtaining financing and contacted "me" about the vehicle - I believe this is a violation of my rights as the new owner should not have the contact information for the previous owner - isn't that correct? Needless to say, this caused some problems. Instead of taking my vehicle all the way out to Los Lunas (60 mi RT) I was able to take it to a local associate dealer - Larry Miller Dodge to have work performed. Today I found that my front brakes are at 25% and back at 15%!! Per Larry Miller Dodge, the state lan law for used cars requires that when a used car has a lifespan of 50% or less the dealer must replace them with new brakes - I asked that Brad Francis allow Larry Miller to replace these brakes and pay for the cost so that I can have this done closer to my home but the GM, Ed Torres, told me that I had to bring this vehicle to his location all the way back to Los Lunas to "make sure" that this was really needed and not an error! This looks really bad to me because they don't trust their fellow associate dealer - why? Also I feel that Brad Francis is jeapardizing my safety by making me travel 30 miles with brakes that need to be replaced. Also, it appears that Larry Miller has one or two new vehicle models with rebates that probably could have worked for me and gotten me into a new, more reliable vehicle without the problems. What can I do about Brad Francis to resolve this problem? I've had nothing but problems with them and this will be my 4th trip there totally 360 miles now.

Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge — bad sales people and lars

This was the email I sent to the manager (top one) of Star. Hi Steve, Just wanted to tell you of my...

Renfrew Chrysler — lies and deception

Renfrew based the sale of this truck on lies . When we found it was a lemon . They refused to homor our...

Chrysler Dodgesimply terrible

Bought 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 truck in Sept of 04. Since Oct of 06 the truck shakes violently. You never know when it will happen. Dodge serviced the truck once in Nov of 06 and again in Dec of 06 for the same problem. I have the violent shaking on a video from inside the truck. Once the shaking starts, the truck must be pulled over no matter how many cars are on the road and brought to a complete stop. Then you can start the truck up again and hope the shaking does not start again. It happens intermittently which is why it is such a death trap. Several complaints listed about this on complaints.com. Dodge replaced some things but since they cannot "see" the problem when their mechanic drives our truck and wastes our gas, they refuse to repair it. It is not a repairable issue. It is a death trap waiting to kill our family or another family. Dodge needs to refund our money in full so we can buy a "safe vehicle". Dodge has seen the video several times but they ignore the evidence. They don't care if we go to the news they said. The truck is not even 3 years old. I would love to email the video to you also.