Having problems with Chrysler?

Chrysler reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 11, 2006. The latest review Dodge Ram 1500 was posted on Nov 27, 2021. The latest complaint dealership westborn chrysler was resolved on May 09, 2019. Chrysler has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 474 reviews. Chrysler has resolved 71 complaints.

Chrysler Customer Service Contacts

1800 870 714 (Australia)
800 1692 1692 (International)
8800 100 8182 (Russia)
1800 505 1300 (Mexico)
+1 800 247-9753 (United States)
+354 534 4433 (Iceland)
+420 221 586 512 (Slovakia)
+27 102 525 000 (South Africa)
+82 803 652 470 (South Korea)
+54 800 333 7070 (Argentina)
1000 Chrysler Drive

270 George Street, Noordwyk, Midrand 1685,Gauteng

Sweden
Färögatan 33, 164 51 Kista - Stockholm

Mexico
Prol. Paseo de la Reforma № 1240, Col. Sante Fe, C.P.05109, Cuajimalpa, Mexico, D.F

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chrysler Customer Service. Initial Chrysler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Chrysler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Chrysler. Discuss the issues you have had with Chrysler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Chrysler Complaints & Reviews, Page 15

Chrysler2018 jeep wrangler

I recently purchased a 2018 Wrangler convincing my wife that dodge had stepped up the plate in making quality vehicles.
I convinced her in buying one when long behold our Jeep broke down I repeat BROKE DOWN !!! bran new 2500kms we bought it with 20kms
What's up, if you guys don't do anything for me I and anybody I know will be sure to tell them NOT to BUY DODGE vehicles ever I mean it
Maybe Japanese models are the way to go. I just so disappointed I went to bat for you guys

Gianluca Terreni
[protected]

1 Response
    • Ne
      Nerly Everett Aug 28, 2018

I own a 2013 town and country Chrysler all the light on dash board is lit up winshield wiper is going nuts. I am very upset with this stupid product that I bought from Chrysler, I will never buy another product from Chrysler or refer someone else to Chrysler ever again my next mini van will a Honda mini van. Never again.

Chrysler Pacificachrysler

I am complaining about the dumb idea of getting rid of the spear tire!!! Why would you get rid of the spear tire and the road side assistance tells you to have it towed to a Walmart and have it fixed!!! No [censored] !!! If there was a spear tire we could have changed and drive it to the Walmart to have it changed... Now my wife is stuck on the side of the road waiting for tow truck to tow her to freaking Walmart to have tire fixed... why in the world would you get rid of spear tire is beyond stupid!!! Long time dodge owner but the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!!

• Updated by RayandShannon · Aug 14, 2018

I am wondering why you would get rid of the spear tire??? Then install road side assistance ?? Oh and the roadside assistance tells you to call for a tow and go to Walmart to get it fixed!!! Why in the world would you get rid of the spear tire !!! We can change the darn thing and drive it to the freaking walmart our self but no it was someone's bright idea to eliminate the tire!!! Dumbest thing I ever heard in my life!!!

1 Response
      • Ga
        gatortracks Aug 14, 2018

Someone that doesn't know that it is called a SPARE tire probably isn't smart enough to change it.

Chrysleregr valve for 2006 grand caravan sxt – 3.8l, v6

Re: EGR valve for 2006 Grand Caravan SXT - 3.8L, V6
      VIN number: 2D4GP44L36R741878
      Date: [protected]

Chrysler Company:

I am writing you to complain about the EGR valve part for my 2006 Chrysler Grand Caravan with 97, 700 miles on it. The EGR valve has been replaced 3 times since 2012.
      Regarding the latest incident, 7/31/2018, the car was running rough and it was determined that the EGR valve was at fault. Link Automotive, my independent mechanic for 26 years, searched for a MOPAR EGR part and was told that Chrysler had these parts on back order until September. Unfortunately, he had to call NAPA car parts store and obtain a non-MOPAR EGR valve (#2-26482). The car now runs normal but still a concern.

My mechanic brought up the fact that he sees a lot of these MOPAR EGR valves fail and questions why Chrysler has not issued a recall on this matter. As matter of fact, the EGR valve had to be replaced twice before on this same minivan:

1) On 4/23/2012 at 55, 163 miles. He replaced it with MOPAR EGR part # 4861662AE $282
      2) On 2/22/2016 at 83, 782 miles. He replaced it with MOPAR EGR part # 4861662AE $257
      3) On 7/31/2018 at 97, 700 miles. He placed it with NAPA EGR part # 2-2482 $332
      Total $821

This is excessive and do see that there a lot of cases on the internet with similar situations. I am even more concerned now as I am not sure how long the NAPA part will last.

I am writing to you to obtain:
      1) Compensation for the parts and labor for EGR replacement totaling $821
      2) Please send me a genuine MOPAR EGR replacement part for 2016 Grand Caravan 3.8L V6

My wife and I do like this minivan. We transport our grandchild and have helped our kid's move many times as it has a lot of space with Stow Away Seats. That is why we make sure the maintenance is always up to date.

Ricardo Valencia
      607 Burno Drive
      Palatine, IL 60067
      Tel number: [protected]
      E-mail: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Chrysler2017 pacifica

After they did the cruise control saftey recall to my car my cruise control dose not work right...on hills, it does not maintain speed and it zooms my rpms up to about 3.5 ..the increas in rpms usually happens when i am mostly down the hill and continues on flat surface for 15 or more seconds..my car never use to do this..i have owned it for a year almost, and use cruise all the time...they have test drove like vehicles and they do it...well guess what all 2017 and 2018 models out there would have had this update done to it...they tell me this is normal...load of crap, my cars cruise was normal before they messed with it...now it acts like it does not know how to shift or its stuck in a gear...

Chryslertown and country

2016 town and country. Neither sliding doors will open. Huge safety concerns!! I've seen a lot of other complaints about the same issue! Why has there been no recall??? Waiting for a child to die in a fire first? Dealership saying almost $2000 to fix??? On a car that is barely 2 years old? One week the passenger door stops working then the next week the driver sliding door won't open. Locks are stuck.

Chryslerfailure to honor warranty

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler with under 60k miles on it had continued fluctuating engine heat. This vehicle was taken to the Huffines Dealership in Plano, Tx where they said that they were not receiving any error codes, but needed to replace both head gaskets due to warping. I notified them of the extended warranty issued by Chrysler in relation to the head gasket. They refused to honor the warranty due to the error code not showing up even though they said that $3k of work needed to be done. I paid the full price of this and reached our to Chrysler Group for some assistance and clarity in reference to this. I was assigned a Customer Service individual who was unprofessional, arrogant and seemed to have some cognitive issues with understanding basic mechanical references. After she made her decision to not assist me in this situation, I asked to speak to a supervisor. She stated that he decision was final. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that one would call me in 24-48 hrs. That was almost a month ago. Maybe she has a basic failure to understand how to convert min/hr into days. That employee should be reprimanded and placed in a position more deserving of her intelligence. I am still waiting on a call from a supervisor and will continue to escalate my complaints up the corporate chain of command until I am satisfied with explanation for Chrysler's decision and also why they would employee a person with such a lack of customer care and service.

Chryslerdangerous trunk/hydraulics

Chrysler Aspen 2009 - yesterday the trunk was opened and went up then came crashing down hitting my 76 year old mom in the head and caused her to fall on the ground. The trunk will not stay open and is extremely dangerous. It could decapitate a small child because even when it hit her it still continued to close on her. This needs a recall immediately.

Chrysler2011 dodge ram 5.7 hemi

We have purchased all Mopar vehicles since 1975. We are DONE. Our truck with 92, 000 miles on it needs a new Cam and Lifters to the tune of $7, 000.00. In 2015, with less than 60, 000 miles on it needed a new transmission. We have researched the internet and there are ENDLESS complaints regarding this very issue! Yet, NO RECALL . We are warning everyone we know, NEVER buy MOPAR! All of our vehicle's Air Conditioning units needed to be replaced within 2-3 years Our adult children stopped buying Mopar when they left home. We wish we had learned from them. Why won't you cover this cost since it's your mistake???????
                Richard Huizinga
                [protected]@yahoo.com

Respond

Chryslerinability to affix rear view mirror on windshield

I took by car to Ziegler Chrysler to have my mirror put on and unfortunately did not have the hour to have it done at that time. My husband took it back a second time and was told it couldn't be done. I have the car in for a recall and asked a third time about getting my mirror put on and when I went to pick up the car was told they couldn't repair it again and that I would nee to get an entire new windshield. That is ridiculous, I have all the parts/pieces and I cannot find anyone to fix it. I have had to drive my 300C without a rear view mirror for months now. Where or how can I get this fixed?

Chryslerdodge challenger warranty

I purchased a 2013 challenger srt8 with 36000 miles as a certified car. 3000 mile 3 month full coverage warranty, and a 7 year 100, 000 mile Powertrain warranty. Less than a month into owning the vehicle the check engine light turned on, and gears 3, 4, &5 started grinding profusely. As a mechanic I know the issue is the synchronizers in the transmission. After taking it to st Charles chysler dodge jeep ram they agreed the issue was the synchronizers. They proceeded to recommend I take the car back and drive it for 2 months until it was out of the 3 month warranty so they would not have to cover the costs themselves and instead use the Powertrain warranty paid for by Chrysler. That is completely unacceptable given the car is fully covered and broke within the first 1000 miles of me taking delivery. They wanted me to drive my car and actually told me to just "skip those gears" I cannot believe a service department would reccomend that. They clearly are not an honest or respectable organization.

Respond

Chryslercarman service department/rental car received

Good Afternoon,

My name is Kristen Bieniek and on Thursday July 19th, 2018 I took my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee in for a system update. I received a call later that day saying the system crashed and I would have to be put in a rental car from Enterprise. After a week of no real conclusion from the service department I had to turn in my rental for a loaner car from Carman. This car is has never been cleaned. I felt like I was sitting in filth. I have attached pictures on the car for you to see.

I understand that there are only so many loaner cars a dealership can give out, but at least clean the cars before you give them out to customers.

My contact information is [protected] or you can email me at Kristen.[protected]@gmail.com

Chryslermaintenance/service

Took my 2018 Ram Truck in for routine service at New Smyrna Crysler Dodge on 7/24/18. I had the truck picked up my someone due to my work schedule or I would of raised the questions and concerns stated below in person versus over the phone. After arriving home the display stated front tire pressures at 82 psi and back tires at 59 psi. Truck states they should be the opposite at 60 psi for the front and 80 psi for the back. What was alarming is the service representative Michelle stated that the techs are taught to only inflait them to 60 psi unless requested by the customer to a different pressure. I asked why would they go against Ram's specifications and if that was the case why where the front tire pressures 20 psi over what they are taught to do. This Is major safety concern especially for the average person that is not mechanically inclined. I completely understand people do make mistakes but when I'm paying an expert to service my truck and then they go against the manufactures specifications it raises the question where the other manufactures procedures not followed. After switching from Daytona Dodge for lack of professionalism for service to New Smyrna Dodge I have lost all confidence with the service at both dealerships.

Regards,
                        George Tichnell
                        1.386.405.0309

Chryslerengine/powertrain warranty

I bought a 2016 Chrysler 300 in July of 2017. Yes it was used and it had 15K miles on it. I bought the car through a 3rd party (Carvana). I took the car for regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations and fluid checks. Fast forward 1 year later I have about 30K miles on the car now. One Sunday I get in my car and drive about 10 minutes when all the lights on the dash board light up and the car starts to overheat. By the time I can pull over safely the car the fluids were boiling out. Since the car was still under warranty i call Chrysler and they advise me to tow it to Chrysler Dealer ship. I pay for this. The next morning the Dealership calls me and tells me they cant touch my car engine. They can work on any part of the car but the engine because there is a restriction on it? I call Chrysler Customer Service and they advise me a restriction was placed on the VIN in February 2017 for something that happened to the engine. This was never disclosed to, on any report. Infact on all the reports it says there was never any issue or previous problems, or salvage damage. So basically this was something they had in their system and didnt disclose this to the public and sold the car under false pretenses. I called Carvana (the only group in this situation willing to help me) and they tried to contact Chrysler on my behalf. They even got me a rental car while they worked this out After 5 days of endless calls and getting no additional information from anyone at Chrysler, they took the car back from me and allowed me to purchase a new car and transferred all my payments. Chrysler did nothing. They didnt help and they sold a car they knew had problems and didnt disclose it and was just hoping i would get out of warranty before it happened. If Carvana wasnt so helpful i would be stuck with a car that had a defective engine. There is no reason a 2 year old car with 30K miles on it that has regular maintenance should fall apart. I really dont care what Chrysler does with the car now, I will never by anything from them again. Carvana helped me out and i recommend business with them, but as for Chrysler, i hope someone reads this and is warned not to trust them.

Chryslerbrakes

I have a 2013 dodge grand caravan crew. I have been having brake issues for about a a a year.in august of last year I took my van to dewildt crysler in hamilton ont for a grinding in the brakes and a banging noise in the front end. I took two other visits before they said they would change the pads and rotors. They heard nothing in the front end. By the time I left for florida on nov. 1 I had it in for more pads. When I got to florida I took it to douglas jeep in venice fl to check the brakes and the front end again as the scraping continued. After several visits they told me it was the struts and the abs. They changed the abs and pads and rotors. Three weeks later the scraping continued. I took it back twice and they replaced the pads and rotors both times.in april I went to a brake garage as it was scraping again. They replaced my brakes and rotors and to this day they have been perfect. All documents are avaialable from both dealerships. I would like to be reimbursed for the abs system that was not faulty from douglas jeep for about $1500. Us

Chrysler — 2018 jeep wrangler jl paint issue

I purchased my Jeep Wrangler JL from Hemet Jeep about 2 months ago. While washing my vehicle I noticed the...

Chryslerdodge van b 2500

In June, 2018, the bracket that holds the steering arm to the frame, on the passenger side, completely disconnected while crossing a major intersection. The frame was rusted through forward of the front right a-frame where the steering arm connects on the passengers side. I lost control of the truck and am blessed I didn't hit anyone or thing. It appears the A/C condensate drains directly onto the frame above the rusted portion of frame. 15 years is not supposed to be to old for a well maintained vehicle. The frame is not repairable.

Respond

Chryslerunhappy with radio that apparently is defective in many jeep wrangler models

Jeep Wrangler has radios that go defective in several years. Dealership manager even said so. Chrysler is aparentley putting a product out there that they know has problems yet don't compensate their customers when the radio breaks. Terrible service and response to a known problem. I bring my vehicle to the dealership and report that the radio is not working and I am charged 60 dollars for them to tell me the radio is broken.

Chrysler — used car sale

On June 2/2018 I took my son to the Bolton Chrysler dealer. He saw a truck on line and he wanted to purchase...

Orangeville

Chrysler2012 jeep wrangler unlimited sport

On May 29, 2018, I took my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport to Shively Motors, an authorized FCA US LLC Dealer, to have me jeep looked at, do to a loud knocking noise in my engine. At 99926 miles, Shively Motors had replaced the oil pump in the engine. Which Shively Motors extended the part warranty to the 2 years/ unlimited miles . Shively Motors diagnosed the engine as inoperative, due to the fact the oil pump failed, causing the engine to fail. Which the engine needs to be replaced. I have been on the phone with the FCA, several times in the last month. And they only offered 50 percent replacement on my engine. In fact the part that failed and caused the engine to fail has an 2 years/ unlimited mile warranty and states in the warranty, while that part is still under warranty, it causes other parts to be damaged or to fail, those others parts will be repaired or replaced under warranty, regardless of whether the other parts were covered by an FCA US LLC warranty at the time of failure. How is 50 percent replacement of the engine, full warranty coverage under the 2 years / unlimited miles part that failed. Causing the engine to completely fail . The FCA case # is [protected]. I want my engine replaced and with no cost to me. Because the warranty is covered on the part that caused the engine be inoperative . The dealership has told them, ever times the FCA speaks with them, that the oil pump failed, which caused the engine to fail. Chrysler does not want to stand behind their warranties and honor the warranty that lead to me not having a vehicle. And they need to live up to the warranty, replace the engine and stop ignoring the fact the warranty covers the replacement and cost of the engine and labor.

Chryslerchrysler 200 brake maintenance

I called Monday to set up an appointment to have my car serviced for the brakes. I asked the person to check of my car qualified for guarantee. She said if the car was under 12, 000 miles or under 12 months. I told her that the car is 11, 000 miles and I've had the car for 7 months. She said I was covered and proceeded to make my appointment. I brought my car for service this morning of July 6, 2018 at 7:30 am. It's now 9:20 am and the guy says I dont qualify because the car is over 12 months from the first time It was serviced, even though I've had it for only seven months. I wasted my morning here and missed work. Somebody contact me asap and make this right! My name is Cynthia Sayles and my cell phone number is [protected].