Choice Home Warrantypoor service scam

J

I bought this insurance so that I would not have to worry about home repairs. My house is in the oldest area of Las Vegas, and built in 1961. There has been problems with plumbing, sewer, paint, utilities, air conditioning, painting, and general home repair that is inevitable over time. I called and got a claim # from this home warranty outfit, due to a leaking toilet in the master bathroom. They sent a plumber from Jump 2 to it Plumbing in Las Vegas, Nevada. I was at work when the plumber arrived and my cousin from Houston, Tx let him in. My cousin knows nothing about the toilet, other than I asked him to let in the repairman while I was at work. This plumber, feeling some kind of loyalty to CHOICE HOME WARRANTY, then lied and said that I was at the house and let the worker in, and told him that the toilet was leaking for the prior 6 months. The claim was denied based on the fact that coverage did not attach because the problem was pre-existing. This was pure faleshood: it was what the plumber wanted to hear so that he could tell the home warranty people about the claim denial. He kept calling me and demanding a check. I wrote a check and due to his con, I stopped payment on the check. It was his lies that allowed CHOICE HOME WARRANTY to wrongfully deny my rightful claim. I am in the process of sending them a demand letter. When I called and asked their address, they refused to give it to me unless I told them the reason why I wanted the address. I refused at first, then called back and said I wanted to write a letter telling them what a good job their plumber did, and they again refused to give him their New Jersey address. The internet supplied the address. I want my premium back now! If I do not get it, I will file a class action lawsuit against this scam company for its lies, deceit, consumer fraud, misrepresentation, and breach of contract. Let a federal jury tell me that I am wrong! JAMES M. STUART, ATTORNEY AT LAW, LAS VEGAS, NV 89104.

Johnny Bang Aug 22, 2012

Yesterday i have the same issue as you and CHW denied my claims and said the same S**T as you about
    the Corosion. They denied my claim and i cancell my home warranty with them. This is a F***King SCAM.
    They even Lie to me that the Tech send them some pictures and I call thier contractor and they said that wasn't true.
    They were suprise about that too.

• Ed
    edisonhome Jan 24, 2013

AGREE
    VERY BAD COMPANY

• Ac
    acelt Jul 18, 2015

Avery tricky company, there sales devices lead potential victims to sign up with the implied "if we cannot fix it we will replace it or buy out the cost.
    Then when the problem pops up they refer to a clause that they maintain only requires them to buy out the cost of the repair part..
    When my double oven stopped working the repairman said it needed a new control board... it is discontinued so they offer the cost of the part, not the replacement of the oven.
    They offer 180. dollars period. I have no ovens now and they REFUSE to put their offer in writing
    They pulled this stuff in New Jersey and had to settle a suit brought by the state for $700K
    BBB just rolls their eyes when you mention CHW to them

Patrick in Nevada

mary, las vegas Aug 22, 2016

Juyne 8, 2016, I first reported Air conditioning problem problem to CHW. They dispatched USAIR. The report said unit old "no repair possible unit needed to be replaced". The next company COMFORT AIR THEY SENT sent said same thing. the third company VEGAS APPLIANCE REPAIRS, said same thing. The last company HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, added freon and looked in attic for duct leaks. I still have no A/C. i THEN WAS ASKED TO cchw FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION. i DID, AND THEY TOLD ME THE CLAIM WAS DENIED BASED ION LACK OF MAINTENANCE. i told them I had records of annual maintain and looked online for address to mail them return receipt requested. On that website, I discovered th lawsuits and complaints filed in NJ. i HAVE BEEN WITHOUT a/c SINCE jUNE 8, 2016.. .THE LAST COMPANY WAS ASKED TO SEND A PICTURE. Based on the picture, CHW said the claim was denied.. Theyt have offered me nothing, but will send my documentation, but am doubtful they will replace my unit. It took them 10 weeks to determine "lack of maintenance. They are a fraudulent company. What can we do?

Mary in Las Vegas.

• Wy
    wylee Aug 09, 2017

@mary, las vegas We need to pool together and file with the insurance commission to dis allow them to continue doing Business in Nevada. All of the above claims are occurring with me. They have been removed from other states for consumer fraud. Nevada needs to open it's eyes on this and protect the public on scam companies up front. Doug Nevada

Andeen Rose Jul 07, 2020

On June 24th our AC blew, a repairman came and said it blew the electrical. We called Choice, 2 days later finally got someone and they dispatched an electrician, he determined the main panel was damaged beyond repair due to the AC and it needed to be replaced.
    That repairman denied the job, Choice then sent out another one, he said the same thing, he was denied the job because he was not a licensed electrician!!! First question, WHY would you send someone out that is NOT licensed?
    3rd repair company, same diagnosis. Let's just add now it is July 7th and 110 degrees outside! Now CHOICE is denying the claim, said its a sub-panel??? AND no one is calling me back! SERIOUSLY this is hands down the worse customer service ever. A main electrical panel should be covered, it is NOT a sub-panel! What rights do I have as a consumer!