Choice Home Warranty company logo
Choice Home Warranty
reviews & complaints
Choice Home Warranty
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

887 complaints
86 resolved 801 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Choice Home Warranty Go to website

Choice Home Warranty reviews & complaints 1521 - 887

Choice Home Warranty complaints 887

M

Choice Home Warranty - refused to pay the covered services.

There was a leakage in our kitchen sink and bathroom sink. Called several times but no plumbing services would pick up the call they assigned to. One of them picked up and scheduled an appointment but never showed up. Finally I called Benjamin Franklin plumbing services and within few hours the guys came and fixed the problem and at the same time called and updated to Choice home warranty agents. I made a payment for USD 409 for the services. The agent then tells me that the charges are not covered by the policy and they will pay only 127 that too of their good will. I realized that this is all gimmicks and they are big cheats. These people should be put into jail for taking coverage money upfront and providing false promises. No one takes action for this kind of harassment. They are a big Cheat and they are trapping innocent citizens into this false play. Finally I had to cancel my service and will see if I get my my money back, if not I will file a law suit against these cheats.

Choice Home Warranty - harassment

fi started getting emails from this company in January 2015 I unsubscribed 25 times I've called the company at least 15 times asking them to stop sending the emails and yet I still keep getting the...

Choice Home Warranty - bait and switch

We all need to come together and form a class action lawsuit against CHW. I called CHW about many of my kitchen electrical outlets going out one by one. I told their Representative there are three GFI outlets in my kitchen, why I don't know, but the problem seemed to start with them. The last switch to go was the dishwasher outlet. They sent out an electrician who only looked at the GFI outlet although I told him about the other outlets that don't work and told him about the outlets for the electric stove, the microwave oven which do still work and about the last outlet to go out in which the new dishwasher was plugged. I asked if he would pull out the dishwasher and refrigerator to check those outlets too. He would only look at the 3 GFI outlets over the counter top. He took the cover off of one, managed to reset it, although they wouldn't reset when I tried to push them in to reset them. He said the problem is that the outlets would need to be rewired as this will happen again, however, they should be working for now. I told him the dishwasher outlet must not be working because I can't turn it on. He said he was going to call in the situation to CHW to see if they will cover rewiring the electrical system, then both CHW and he would get back to me. He asked for the $45. I could feel the scam right then. He was exaggerating what needed to be done to increase his payday. He didn't care whether CHW paid him or not because he thought he had me over a barrel and could just get me to pay him. That seems like from these other complaints that is how CHW works anyway. It's just that there are some of us who don't fall for the okee-doke. We all need to come together and file a Class Action Lawsuit against CHW. Anybody know of an attorney?

I would really like to get a class action law suit against Choice Home Warranty Service. This company should not be allowed to stay in business, they are rip-off professionals.I have had AC problems for over two months and they have been unable to fix them. Finally got one of their people in to look over my unit, and he said I needed 3 different parts to fix my problem, CHW said it was not covered, got my own AC man spent $300.00 and it was fixed. All the people they use are complaining that CHW does'nt pay them, lets try to get this company closed up for good. ANYONE WITH ME?????? BOB WHITE [protected]

Choice Home Warranty - refused coverage

I came home from church after Ash Wedenesday services to find my furnance not working. It was almost 10 pm - 11 degrees below zero (actual) with a wind chill of 28 degrees below zero. I was worried that our pipes would freeze. I called a company and they came out and saw that there was a danger in leaving everything connected so they disconnected everything. The next day - I called in to work and had that company come back out. I called Choice Home Warranty and explained what had happened and the customer service rep also spoke to the technician. He gave me a claim number and emailed me a reimbursement form. A new furnance was installed and I mailed all the information to Choice. Because I did not call them on Wednesday night - even though it was very dangerous with the weather they would not even reimburse a partial claim. Very, very unprofessional of them.

Choice Home Warranty - refused claim

My HVAC unit went out --it was 15 years old. Choice Home Refused to pay because of "rust & corrosion" ------what else would you expect from a15 year old unit sitting outside!!! I reviewed the contract. Nothing was stated under the category of heating & air relative to rust/corrosion being an exclusion. But ---in the back pages are paragraphs and paragraphs full of exclusions about every thing imaginable. I doubt they ever pay a claim!!! Now we have been without heat for the five coldest days of the year. I used to use First American. They never reneged on a single claim. Here's a warning to all you Choice Home Warranty customers--you are throwing your money away!!!

R
Jan 05, 2015

Choice Home Warranty - never got paid.

I began my contact with them 2/7/14 which will be ending soon. The first time I called them was a issue with my washing machine. They couldnt find anyone to contact out and told me to find someone and they would pay me I had to pay the service man 45. which was in my contact. Had to wait a long time for monies back. I blew that off thinking ok that is the way they do it. Then Middle of December 2014 I had plumbing problems. I called them they had no one to come to home to service again asking me to call my plumber. I called they came out and fixed it and I gave them a check paying the whole thing. When I sent the bill in they said that is too much money we cant give you the full amount because that is NOT what OUR plumber would of charged! I told them they could not find a plumber and told me to get one. They said we are sorry we could only give you 1/2 of what you paid!!! I then got in the mail a renewal from them asking me to renew. NO WAY NO HOW never again! As of today Jan 5th I have not got that check back from them. This company has ripped me off ..bad company to do business with.

Choice Home Warranty - lack of response

I purchased this warranty when I bought my house 2-2014. I have called for 2 furnace repairs since moving 3-2014. The first time it took them 3 days to find someone to come out, but it wasn't that...

U
Nov 17, 2014

Choice Home Warranty - horrible company

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with! They do not pay their vendors/technicians even though they authorize us to do the work. The owners, victor hakim and victor mandalawi are both...

Choice Home Warranty - claim payment

Bought a 3 year warranty for my house and my house for college kids. Kids AC went out and called for service. They assigned the service call to three different companies and they all said "We don't do business with Choice anymore. They won't pay us" Called customer service upset because the AC had been out for 3 days at this time. They told me to fix it and they would reimburse me. Did that before on a plumbing issue and they denied my claim because the receipt did not say certain words. I don't think they will ever pay a claim.

Now I'm trying to get an 18 month old washing machine fixed and Choice is telling me the part is discontinued and they will give me $250.00 to replace the washing machine that I am still paying for with Lowe's.

Beginning to think this company is a scam.

I am a vendor in Texas who did a central vac repair. The invoice is 90 days past due. They will not return my calls or any of my emails. I was told once that the check would be mailed in 2 days. That was a month ago. I asked to speak to a manager and they put me on permanent hold. A manager never came on the line. I definitely feel like this a scam. ATTENTION ALL VENDORS: DO NOT DO ANY WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL NOT GET PAID.

B
Aug 27, 2014

Choice Home Warranty - not paying claim

I am working overseas so I bought the home warranty plan to cover our appliances so my wife would have to worry about these things. My a/c stopped cooling the service rep at CHW told her they would not send any out because ran but cooling. So we had some come and check the system they said it was on it last leg and did some minor repairs. A few weeks later it stopped completely so my wife called CHW. They sent their contractor out he determined the compressor and out door fan was bad. The tech told my wife it would better to replace the equipment than repair, one the unit was 14 years and two the expense would be throwing good money away for temporary fix and no promise when they could get the parts(it was about 90 degrees with high humidity and my wife has some health issue). Being former A/C contractor I agreed. He said we would get buy out from CHW of 1500 to 2000 dollars. So we agreed and the equipment was installed the next day.Keep in mind I am on the other side of the continent and my wife (who is 68) is trying to handle this because we had a warranty on our unit. We paid for the installation on good faith that we would get a portion of our money back from CHW.
Shortly after my wife checks with CHW and through several calls we are told they only pay for the fan motor $145.00 because that cause the compressor to go out. Kind of like a insurance company not paying when you total your car because your tire blew but they will pay for tire. Now, we actually had a new system installed for $4300.00 but we were and are not asking for the full amount just what was to covered. This was told to CHW as well but after more calls and more BS they shifted the blame to their contractor by saying they did not follow procedures and basic they were not going to pay but $145.00. The contractor really tried to work with us they gave him same BS because he had use d the same procedures before. But he said CHW was one the worst companies out there but that does not help me.
I would like to join the class action if possible.

I have 5 properties with this co. At one my AC went out. The tech that responded said the unit needs to be replaced. CHW said they wont replace it because the coils had premature failure. The contractor never heard of such a claim. I told CHW that I don't see that stated in the contract. After three days an 2 supervisors I still waiting for a response. Trane has never heard of the claim either.

Please put me on the list for any class action suit against this company. I did a central vac job for them and charged $340.10 to make two trips to customers house. One to pick up the unit and bring it to the shop to bench check. I found a bad motor and gave the price to them on which they agreed upon. The even gave me an authorization no. It has been more than three months and they still refuse to pay me. They will not return my calls or answer any of my emails. This company is a scam and they are getting by with it.
please send any updates to:
University Vacuum
5211 Bellaire Blvd.
Bellaire, Tx 77401

Choice Home Warranty - scam

I am a recent victim of choice home warranty. I recently filed a claim for ac repair and when the technician came out he and check my unit, he informed me that the compressor was going bad and needed to be replaced. He called it in to chw and they immediately notified me and told me that is was an internal mechanical failure and not covered under my warranty. Really??? Isn't the point of a warranty to cover this type of issue. If anyone has filed a class action suit against this company or is interested in filing one, please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Recently contacted Choice Home Warranty regarding an AC Repair. I contacted them on Saturday and did not get a response until Monday, but the repair technician was able to come to my house on Monday. He informed me that the compressor was going bad and called CHW to tell them his finding. He told them my unit was in good condition, no rust, no leaks, and seemed to be fairly maintained. CHW immediately contacted me by email to inform me that this was an internal mechanical issue and not covered in my warranty. REALLY?????? What is the point of having a warranty if it's not going to cover mechanical issues. I have done some research and found that this has happened to many of CHW customers and they are totally ripping off their customers.

J

Choice Home Warranty - ac repair

I had a problem with my ac not cooling properly. I called Choice Home Warranty and sent a repair man a day later. He put some
Freon and left. A week later I had the same problem and I called Choice Home Warranty and they sent the same guy again. This time AC Technician told me that there is a leak in the AC system and will charge me to do a leak detector test $175.00 Choice Home Warranty will not cover such tests. AC tech told me that he found a leak in the evaporator coil and took photos to send to CHW. Choice home
Warranty has not seen any of the photos that the tech sent them. Choice Home Warranty told me that the repair will not be covered because it is a pre existing condition and that pre existing conditions are not covered. I have spent $405.00 and it’s still not fixed and now the fan is not working. I made a mistake by signing a contract with this fraudulent company.

NJ Attorney Generals office filed a civil complaint against Choice on 7/28/14. If you haven't already, file a complaint with their office.

Choice Home Warranty - fraud, failure to pay, lying

Choice Home Warranty is a SCAM. I've had a couple of home warranty companies, and generally been pleased with the coverage and service levels, UNTIL Choice Home Warranty. Their company has a crew of "claim handlers" that specialize in finding any way possible to deny paying a claim. This is especially true concerning any repairs to your air conditioning equipment. First, they stopped covering the replacement of refrigerant that a covered repair caused. Next, when a leak in the coil was found (they didn't cover the cost of finding the leak, BTW), they said that any rust on the coil (and they had the technician take a photo) meant that the leak was due to lack of maintenance, and so weren't responsible for the repair. RUST? Maintenance can't do anything about RUST on a piece of equipment that is constantly exposed to moisture, it will eventually fail. Choice has apparently tried to shield themselves from paying for any repair and are counting on the isolated home owner not being able to pursue them in court. They have miscalculated.

Oleg Krivoruchko

Our company is starting to engage in a class action lawsuit against Choice Home Warranty. We are looking for companies, or individual contractors that are looking to get compensated for there hard work. Please contact us if you are interested in joining us in this lawsuit. Please contact us with a Email if you are interested, our Email is [email protected] and address it as "Choice Home Warranty Lawsuit", please provide your contact information and we will get back to you asap.

Oleg Krivoruchko

They do technicians the same way authorize a repair the tech pays for materials and labor never gets paid

Choice Home Warranty - breach of contract

I contacted CHW after my sump pump stopped working. Previous to contracting with CHW I was with American Home Shield, so when I contacted CHW I was confident that I was covered. My contract specifically specified that I was covered for permenately installed sumps, which AHS had previously confirmed that my sump pump fit the description. When the plumming contractor which CHW sent arrived he confirmed that my sump pump was permenately installed. However, CHW denied the claim. Each time they gave a description of a permenately installed sump pump and I met the description, they would change the description. I'm now looking to sue either in small claims or class action. Does anyone have any information that will help.

Choice Home Warranty - failure to pay claims

Two years in a row I've attempted to use my policy to fix the same air conditioning unit. In 2013 when the compressor failed, I was told I needed to provide maintenance records. All I had was a home inspection report from the previous year when I purchased the home and the system worked fine. I was told there was a lack of maintenance which is an exclusion from the warranty. I paid $1500 out of pocket for the repair.
This year, 2014, air conditioning condenser fails. I contact Choice for service and the contractor advises that the unit is bad and needs to be replaced. Choice informs me that the unit should last for more than nine years so "there was a premature failure which could only result from four things: (1) an electrical surge; (2) improper installation; (3) lack of maintenance or (4) manufacturer's defect." When I asked which one caused the problem they said "we don't know but it can only be one of those reasons and all are exclusions under our policy." When I said cancel my policy, they wanted to refund 53% of my money after 3 months of service. Not worth the time, effort or money of doing buisness with them. Stay away!!

Same. Two issues last two months. For one, they cited exclusion, water heater, for another couldn't but gave low ball $300 cash buyout to replace a $900 Asko dishwasher. I'm not cashing the check my husband got because I can't. Calling them to tell and calling NJ consumer affairs who have a pending class action lawsuit vs them.

Sounds like the same exact thing that I have been going through. U have since contacted the FL Attorney General, Governor Christie in NJ, the BBB, Consumer Affairs. Surely they are governed by someone. Class Action lawsuit is next. The $1500 it would have cost to fix the repair would have been cheaper for them in the long run!

Choice Home Warranty - repair claims

they hire contractors and have no control on when or who is coming out. I put in a claim waited two weeks for a tech to come out. he diagnosed my problem, i paid the 45$ fee and he never return. When...

Choice Home Warranty - partial payment on approved work

Speaking as a contractor for over 30 years and as a service representative of several home warranty companies, this company isn't good for contractors. Don't trust a word this company says. You call to obtain a cost approval for work to be performed. After an hour on the phone, you may get approval but they don't necessarily honor that approval when it comes to writing the check. After receiving a partial payment for approved work, we called and that's when a manager steps in and contradicts the approval. This happened to me once too many times and there is no excuse for this whatsoever. Their 26 page "pricing guide" is intentionally vague. Once filled out, in our case, the price guide wouldn't upload to their site. Best I can tell you, I don't have any of these problems with any other warranty company. I currently have a 2-page letter written to this company to have my name dropped from their contractor list. As a Director and past President of our local builders assoc. I am recommending that contractors steer clear from Choice Home Warranty.

to you asap. General Manager, Intelfix Appliance Repair Oleg Krivoruchko

Choice Home Warranty - non payment for repairs

Never work for CHW!! We had previously worked for CHW without any major issues. They were always slow to pay and never wanted to cover the repairs, but in 2013 they flat out robbed us and intentionally lied to us in order to get us to complete a repair. We argued over the price it take to complete the repair for a week before being told it was approved and go finish the job. Afterwards the "manager" said they had no intention of paying our bill and it is their practice to intentionally lie to contractors so they will complete the work knowing they will not pay them. I wish they were here locally instead I would collect from that lying ###. I could have filed a lien on the homeowner, but the warranty company is the one who said to do the repair and I did not want to take it out the homeowner, though we have before
for non payment. No contractor should ever work for these lying dirtbag!!

They did that to me to

Choice Home Warranty - will never pay claims

I purchased a home warranty in October 2013 from Choice Home Warranty. I filed a claim for my A/C because it was running all day in May 2014. The Contractor that was sent to my house said that he would not be able to get the parts to fix the unit and therefore would be putting in for it to be replaced. Choice Home Warranty denied the claim because they are claiming that it was a pre existing condition. They unit was working for the first 6months of the policy!!! According to what the people on the other end of the phone told me was that they can pretty much tell everyone that the problem is pre existing!!! They will never pay for a replacement of any kind.

Your right about that!! I am still waiting for the check they were supposed to send to cover a claim that actually was accepted!!
They still have not sent the check, it was a 30 day wait that was put on hold until I pay another month of coverage.
Can't pay without the funds that they have so they are now deducting a month that has passed, and want to deduct this month too before sending the check. I told them no I want the check sent and no they can't deduct December.
I am filing a complaint with the BBB and consumer protection.

Choice Home Warranty - non - payment of services

Choice Home Warranty called me back in December with an "Emergency" Plumbing issue. They asked if I ever worked with home warranty companies, to which I replied "yes". They then told me they "would send me a work order and a contract to review" that "I would have 30 days to review the contract before signing" if I could take the care of the "Emergency" call.

I took the call as well as a few others and after reviewing the contract, which basically voided any and all claim to any money owed to me at their sole discretion, I called to tell them I could not sign the contract and suspended work. They then informed me that they would not pay me unless I signed the contract. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

After 2.5 months of "negotiations" with Dennis Vong, I went ahead and signed the contract after Mr. Vong said "all he needed was a sign contract, everything else was complete", and "I could expect payment in about 2 weeks". Two months later I'm still waiting... Now Mr. Vong says "since your account is inactive it may take 3 months". Another person in accounting said "It could take a year".

This company is clearly and without a doubt a predatory company! I am embarrassed that I fell for this scam. Ultimately this complaint puts me in violation of the contract, but what do I care... I was never getting paid in the first place!

Stay away!