Complaints & Reviews

repair claims

Open claim for waste line block and septic pump out claims, one for plumbing service, 2nd for septic pump out > Septic tank full to ground level Rep ignored plumber request, took 9 days to confirm septic claim.Messed up septic service, arbitrarily cancelled service.additional 11 days with no toilet or shower in wife's bathroom.Limited and slow in all other facilities.Ten calls for hesitance, still no resolution from Choice Home Warranty.Promised phone call from managers no calls, system will hang up on me, no answer from corporate number 16 rings than disconnects.This is the worst Home Warranty co in America.

Dishonest practices by choice home warranty

When my ac broke down, choice home warranty, whose principals are mr. Victor mandalawi, mr. Victor I hakim; mr. David seruya, sent a tech who tried to replace the control board on the machine twice and then gave up. The second tech said the entire unit is dead and needs replacing. Choice home warranty said that they do not cover replacement and denied payment. Then I contacted the original company that installed the unit, they said that the only thing I needed is to replace control board and that it will cost $350. I called the case manager mr. Marc ruehle with choice home warranty who said to go ahead and send the bill. A week later he said that this payment has also been denied because I did not get the authorization prior to paying the other company. Obviously this company that was sued several times by states atty generals is perpetrating a legal scam. Policy #: [protected] claim #: [protected]

Hot water heater

I filed a claim because my hot water heater was leaking. The assigned technician came out and determined the...

Home warranty service

We've done 4 jobs for them. They claim to pay for a diagnosis and for repair. Everything has to be done...

Refuses to pay the repairman for the garbage disposal

We purchased home warranty on 02/09/20 and paid for full year. We requested a repair on our garbage disposal...

Service has consistent gotten worse

Choice home warranty service has consistent gotten worse. The longer I have them the more they refuse my claims.
They also refused my ac claim. They also sent someone out for my gas stove and when it needed to be replaced due to age and the fact that it couldn't be fixed, they refused to replace it. I had to argue for a long time and they offered 200 for a 1000 stove.

Today they told me broken glass inside a dishwasher is misuse. It broke during a wash! Guess I shouldn't own glass or put it in a dishwasher!

Unethical business practice

After a thorough, all-day inspection of a residential property located at 201 Eagle Valley Lane in Liberty Hill, Texas, we purchased the house in the latter part of April of 2018. The residence was built in 2014, and was in excellent condition at the time of our purchase. As responsible home owners, on May 23, 2018, we purchased a home warranty contract with Choice Home Warranty to cover any unexpected problems and expenses.

The air conditioning system worked perfectly for a year. The first date of an issue with our AC system (a covered item) was on April 25, 2019, when I made a claim. A technician was arranged by CHW who supposedly repaired the problem.

The second time there was an issue with the AC I made a claim on December 1, 2019, and again Choice Home Warranty arranged for a technician to make repairs.

Then on March 31, 2020, there was a third issue with the AC and I made a claim. Daniel Siboni, case manager for CHW, wrote on April 17, 2020, "It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair."

It is obvious that there were TWO improper previous repairs since our AC kept failing. Both of those repairs were made by technicians arranged by CHW. It is apparent that those technicians were the ones who bypassed the pressure switches.

On April 16, 2020, at 11:32 a.m., Sheila Izzard wrote: "Thank you for your email. We have contacted the technician and informed him to contact you and schedule the appointment to complete the repair. The technician will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty."

The next day, April 17, 2020, CHW's reply denying my claim was: "It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair."

On 4/16/20, you tell me that a technician will contact me to make the repairs, then the next day, 4/17/20, you tell me that my claim is denied.

Now, I do not consider that fair and a good business practice for CHW to make such a contradiction.

It was stated in an email to me that, " It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair." I think it is obvious that the previous technicians dispatched to make the repairs on my AC were the ones responsible for the improper previous repair which created the "pre-existing condition" which is claimed by Daniel Siboni, the case manager.

I sent a letter dated April 22, 2020, to Choice Home Warranty's office in Edison, New Jersey, and also I sent a letter to Mr. Victor Mandalawi, dba HWAT, Inc., under Choice Home Warranty on the same date. I have received no responses.

Those letters are set out below:

201 Eagle Valley Ln.

Building 10, Suite 1007
Edison, NJ 0883 Policy #[protected]
Claim #[protected]

To Whom It May Concern:
On April 21, 2020, I attempted to talk to Daniel Siboni, the case manager who was assigned to my claim. It was extremely difficult to carry on a conversation with him since he talked practically non-stop, not allowing me to ask questions or giving me the opportunity to state my case. Finally, I had to talk over him in order for him to listen to me at all. He was too busy telling me that my claim was denied. I take great issue with this denial. Below are the reasons:

On April 23, 2019, and on December 1, 2019, when my air conditioning unit failed, I filed claims both times and Choice Home Warranty sent out technicians to make the repairs, which obviously were improperly done because my AC failed again on March 31, 2020, so I made a third claim.

The technician that CHW sent out on April 3rd, 2020, discovered that the two previous technicians had made what I call Band-Aid repairs which only kept the unit operating for short periods of time as indicated by the dates of failure. CHW is now calling this a "pre-existing condition". The "pre-existing condition" was caused by the previous two technicians who obviously were incompetent since my AC was not properly repaired. Of course, I had no knowledge of that until March 31st when the most recent technician you sent out from Absolute Indoor Comfort, LLC, diagnosed the problem and has the expertise to repair it properly.

The case manager has refused my claim for repairs. Due to the facts surrounding this issue, that certainly is not a common sense approach. CHW's denial of my claim is totally unfair and blatantly wrong.

Mr. Siboni kept repeating to me that due to the "pre-existing conditions" the repairs for my AC are denied. What kind of business is Choice Home Warranty? If you weren't going to cover the proper repairs for my AC, why did you send out technicians for the first two claims?

Now, here is another issue which CHW has created. Can you explain to me the contradiction set out below?

On April 16, 2020, I received an email from Choice Home Warranty
which said that a technician would be contacting me to schedule an
appointment to complete the repair of my AC unit.

Then the next day, on April 17, 2020, I received another email from CHW
which said that CHW denied my claim because "It has been determined

Your CONTRADICTION is an unethical business practice and is totally unacceptable to me, "a valued customer" (a quote in an email sent to me).

Well, who is responsible for that "improper previous repair"??? CHW is responsible. CHW sent the incompetent technicians out to my home to make that "improper previous repair, " and now I'm told my present claim is denied. Wow! That makes a whole lot of sense, doesn't it?

I have paid three service call fees and my air conditioner is still not properly repaired because CHW has refused to do so.

Mr. Sarboni, the case manager was very difficult, rude, and unprofessional. It was obvious to me that he already had his mind made up to deny my claim and was extremely reluctant to hear any comments I tried to make. I had to interrupt and talk over him to try to state my case or to say anything on my behalf.

I finally had to talk over him to interject through his diatribe that if CHW wouldn't cover the repairs for my AC, that I would not renew my contract. I said, Why do I even need a policy if you aren't dependable and won't honor my contract? He had the audacity to tell me that CHW would cover my home appliances, et cetera, so why wouldn't I want to renew my contract. Does he think I'm stupid? I am not! Since your company is refusing to repair my AC, don't you think there's an excellent chance that I wouldn't be able to depend on CHW to cover repairs on any future claims I may need to make should one of my appliances fails or something goes awry with my plumbing system or electrical system?

Due to dealing with Mr. Sarboni's attitude and my frustration in trying to converse with him, I asked him for the name and phone number of his direct supervisor, which he refused to give to me. He claimed he had no supervisor, that he was the manager and he would continue to deny my claim no matter how many times I made it or what I did. I also asked for the location and address of CHW and he refused it by saying it was a matter of security.

Then this rude, unprofessional, so-called case manager, Mr. Sarboni, broke our telephone connection as I was still trying to converse with him. In other words, he terminated my phone call. Can a so-called case manager be any more unprofessional?!

I am thoroughly disgusted, disappointed, and angry. I feel that I have wasted my money on a home warranty contract with Choice Home Warranty. At this point, I would never recommend this company to anyone! I plan to notify the Consumer Protection Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office of CHW's unsatisfactory and unfair business practices, i.e., refusal to honor my contract in a fair and just manner.

Should you glean an understanding of my position in this matter and choose to conduct your business in a professional and responsible manner and rescind your denial of my claim, please respond to me as soon as possible. Otherwise, I would appreciate a refund for the remainder of my contract with you which terminates on August 23, 2020.

Sincerely yours,

Suite 2300
Austin, TX [protected] Policy #[protected]
Claim #[protected]

Dear Mr. Mandalawi:

Enclosed is a copy of the letter I sent to Choice Home Warranty's office in Edison, NJ.
The letter explains my situation and the issues I have with CHW/HWAT.

I am requesting that you see fit to intervene with positivity to resolve my issue and rescind the case manager's decision that denied my claim of March 31, 2020. Please advise me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

_____________________________________

Below are the emails sent between CHW and myself:

Claim Details #[protected]
Claim Date: 03/31/2020 Appliance Air Conditioning Units 1 Issue Not Cooling Last Time Working 03/31/20
More Notes Unit constantly running but not cooling.rnAt times the outside unit will not come on.
Claim Updates
Choice Home Warranty:

(03/31/2020): Absolute Indoor Comfort LLC has been assigned to your claim and an appointment has been scheduled for Wednesday April 1st, 2020 between the hours of 03:00 PM and 08:00 PM. Please make sure someone is available at the covered address at that time. For your reference the phone number for Absolute Indoor Comfort LLC is [protected]. Upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay a $45.00 service call fee.
(04/16/2020): I've had no response from you since your email of 4/10/20 so I called the tech who was last here and he said he was told that the repair is the responsibility of the previous company that came out when my AC was out. Why haven't I heard from you or anyone else to resolve this situation and COMPLETELY REPAIR my air conditioner? I've been patient since I contacted you regarding this issue on March 31st. It is now April 16th. PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE correctly repair my AC. Also, I would appreciate being kept in the loop regarding this issue. Thank you, Judy Cox
Choice Home Warranty:

(04/16/20 11:32 AM) Sheila Izzard: Thank you for your email. We have contacted the technician and informed him to contact you and schedule the appointment to complete the repair. The technician will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

(04/17/2020):
Friday April 17th, 2020

Claim [protected]
201 Eagle Valley Ln
Liberty Hill TX 78642

Dear Judy Cox,
This letter is in reference to your Air Conditioning claim. We have been processing your claim for coverage and a determination has been reached.

During the coverage period, our sole responsibility will be to arrange for a qualified service contractor to repair or replace, at our expense, the systems and components mentioned as "Included" in accordance with the terms and conditions of your contract so long as such systems and components:

Are located inside the confines of the main foundation of the home or attached or detached garage (with the exception of the exterior pool/spa, well pump, septic tank pumping and air conditioner);and

Become inoperative due to normal wear and tear; and

Are in place and in proper working order on the effective date of this home warranty contract. This contract does not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions. Coverage is for occupied, owned or rented residential property.

Please refer to your terms and conditions section F number 11; we are not responsible for repairs related to inadequacy, lack of capacity, improper installation, mismatched systems, oversized systems, undersized systems, previous repair or design, manufacturer's defect, and any modification to the system or appliance.

Appeal Rights

You may request a review of this claim in writing by visiting https://www.choicehomewarranty.com/cads/claimreview.php?ccid=g11FTEoCsP2-ZbwUyguHN7R8D-LtczK0M_FjH5o-Ckw. The request for review must be sent within 7 days of receipt of this letter and state the reasons why you feel your claim should have been approved.

Nothing contained in this letter should be construed as a waiver of any rights or defenses under the policy. This determination has been made in good faith and without prejudice under the terms and conditions of the contract, whether or not specifically mentioned herein.

Thank you for choosing Choice Home Warranty to be part of protecting your home from unexpected covered repairs.

Team CHW

* Click Here to view complete limits of liability and any exclusions. CHW offers service contracts which are not warranties.

(04/20/2020): ADDITIONAL COMMENTS to my email dated April 17, 2020:

TO: Case Manager
FROM: Judy Cox

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to cogitate further the issue at hand.

NUMBER ONE:
As set out below, CHW has completely contradicted itself since it is stated in the email of April 16, 2020, that a technician will be contacting me to complete the repair on my air conditioner. Then on April 17, 2020, I received
an email stating that CHW is not responsible for repairs. Those two emails are completely contradictory. Your position on this matter fails to meet good and fair business practices. If this is the way "a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty" is treated, why would future customers be interested in doing business with your company?

Your email of April 16, 2020:

"Thank you for your email. We have contacted the technician and
informed him to contact you and schedule the appointment to
complete the repair. The technician will be reaching out to you
shortly. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home
Warranty."

Your email of April 17, 2020:

"This letter is in reference to your Air Conditioning claim. We have been
processing your claim for coverage and a determination has been reached.

"During the coverage period, our sole responsibility will be to arrange for a
qualified service contractor to repair or replace, at our expense, the systems
and components mentioned as ‘Included' in accordance with the terms and
conditions of your contract so long as such systems and components:

1. Are located inside the confines of the main foundation of the home or
attached or detached garage (with the exception of the exterior
pool/spa, well pump, septic tank pumping and air conditioner); and
2. Become inoperative due to normal wear and tear; and
3. Are in place and in proper working order on the effective date of this
home warranty contract. This contract does not cover any known or
unknown pre-existing conditions. Coverage is for occupied, owned or
rented residential property.

"Your claim was submitted on 03/31/20 and was assigned to Absolute Indoor Comfort LLC on 03/31/20. After the appointment date on 04/01/20 the technician submitted details pertaining to your system failure.

"Please refer to your terms and conditions section F number 11; we are not
responsible for repairs related to inadequacy, lack of capacity, improper
installation, mismatched systems, oversized systems, undersized systems,
previous repair or design, manufacturer's defect and any modification to the system or appliance." ?

NUMBER TWO:
Abel, the technician with Absolute Indoor Comfort, LLC, apparently has the expertise and skill to repair my AC properly, but CHW is telling me that it is not responsible for the repair at this point. Does that make sense to you? The reason I paid for a home warranty contract was to cover repairs, and my AC is included as a covered item. If you aren't going to provide me, "a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty, " with coverage on my AC due to normal usage, then for what reason do I need home warranty coverage?

NUMBER THREE:
I have paid fees for three service calls and my AC is still not completely and properly repaired.

I would appreciate a fair solution to this issue, and I thank you for your time.

___________________________________

(04/20/20 10:36 AM) Daniel Siboni: following up

(04/20/2020): Dear Judy Cox
201 Eagle Valley Ln
Liberty Hill, TX 78642

RE: CLAIM # [protected]

I received your voice message for claim number #[protected] and returned your call. My priority is to assist you through the claim review.

Please call back at your earliest convenience at [protected] Ext 3946. If I am on the phone, I will return all voicemails in the order they were received. Please leave a voicemail with your name, property address, claim number, and the best available phone number. Please speak clearly as all voicemails are transcribed to email.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Siboni | Case Manager
V: [protected] Ext: 3946
E: [protected]@choicehomewarranty.com

__________________________________

Note sent to CHW on April 30, 2020

Then on March 31, 2020, there was a third issue with the AC and I made a claim.
CHW wrote on April 17, 2020, "It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair."

The next day, April 17, 2020, CHW's reply was: "It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair."

Now, I have a question for you: Do you consider that fair and a good business practice for CHW to make such a contradiction?

It was stated in your email to me that, " It has been determined that the pressure switches were bypassed and need to be replaced due to an improper previous repair." Don't you think it is obvious that the previous technicians dispatched to make the repairs on my AC were the ones responsible for the IMPROPER PREVIOUS REPAIR which created the "pre-existing condition" which is claimed by Daniel Siboni, the case manager?

I would appreciate fair and honest answers from your company.

________________________________

As of this date, I have no response to my letters or recent note. If CHW refuses to repair my AC, after my request for fairness and reconsideration of my claim, I would like a refund for the remainder of my contract which terminates on August 23, 2020.

Service or replace hvac

12/26/2017, my contract starts with Choice Home Warranty, I paid them 2327.50 for 5 years because they consider me senior over 50 years old. On Feb 2018 I called this company to fix my AC/heating system, someone came and fix it but the company denied paying $600 with $45 showing up fee. They said you fix it this time and next time we will be responsible. I called on the 12/15/2018 to inform them that my bill is very high and there is something wrong with the heating system, I told them I'm working and prefer weekends. They contacts technicians and I had to tell them only weekends until AVS company send their tech and after checking he said it's old and needs replacement. Called the company many times to see when is the next step and when they will authorized. Every time I called they said AVS didn't send the diagnosis, I called AVS Danny the manager, he said I already submitted, back and forth many times until 2/9/19 after I called and was angry with the case Manager Salahudeen telling him that there is miscommunication and needs to get it done today, then immediately I saw the denial in the email claiming that (It has been determined that the system is excessively low on refrigerant and unable to cool the home properly) while the tech says something else. It seems they denied all customers with this statement, also after calling Danny AVS company that they end his contract and didn't pay him his dues. They gave me $250 so I can go away and deal with it.
They have to replace the AC/heating system as they advertised. I hired them for peace of mind but couldn't find it with this company

May

Service or replace hvac

Plumbing

As I read all the negative complaints about Choice Home Warranty I can understand all of them. This company is truly a rip off. They are a big fraud. They will send a person out and I do belive they tell them prior to coming out to make sure its the customer fault. They are beyond horriffic. The other day Choice had someone come out to fix my garbage disposal and after discussing what was wrong they admitted that it should have been covered but since I paid already then they would only pay half. Beware this company is a rip off. Beware Beware

Home warranty scam

This is truly the worst company I have ever interacted with. I paid for a yearlong policy and they refuse to cover anything. On top of that, horrible customer service. Rude people who won't help at all, take days to return calls and all profess to be able to "do nothing" to help, even though they are case managers and customer service reps. I asked for a refund and they refused.

I have a leaky pipe, my policy covers the home's plumbing system. They say they don't have to cover it.

Choice home is a scam, do not be fooled by them. They will take your money and not pay to fix anything in your house.

Choice will do anything to not pay a claim.

I have more stories, but this is the last straw. I just got a claim denied for replacing rollers in my dryer that were old, worn out, and causing a huge noise when operating. They denied the claim because they considered it an issue of lack of owner maintenance, per the manufacturers recommendation, and the rollers had lint on them. How many of you out there have read in a clothes dryer manual that we're supposed to get on our knees, turn the dryer upside down, get out your tools and pull a few screws, then get inside the inner workings of the dryer to ensure there's no dust, lint, hair, etc. and lubricate & clean rollers? That's right, zero. The poor tech guy that came out only charged us our deductible anyways and took the loss, saying that "it's ridiculous" and not worth his time to fight it, so he was going to be out about $100. He also confirmed that he has the most issues with Choice. Well, i did fight it on his behalf. I submitted an appeal while blasting them at the same time. Long story short, i got the guy paid. It was him getting ripped off, not me since he was so kind not to bill us for the entire job. But if i didn't just lie down like Choice apparently hopes, they would have gotten away with this. They are a scam of a company and seems like they first deny everything unless you call them on it. In 2 out of 3 of my cases, i did not win as I did with this one. I had another HW company for years before Choice with my primary home as well as some rental properties. Never had a single issue. I moved to Choice due to pricing. I will NEVER do that again. You get what you pay for. They are a scam, run very fast. At the time of my review, they have a B- rating at BBB with a pending lawsuit and over 5K official complaints filed. They also have a perfect 1-star review on BBB's site, and that's hard to accomplish. The topic of the lawsuit? Not paying claims. Check it out yourself before you buy. I promised to sway one person from signing up with Choice due to the issues i've had. If i succeed, then i've done my duty.

Cancellation charges

Last May, after trying to decide which company to have a home warranty for my applianceses and A/C, I decided to call Choice Home Warranty. After being talked into a three year plan, I accepted it. One of the companies they sent for an A/C problem overcharged, but I will give them credit for corecting his overbilling. The issue is now with the cancellation of the policy. I sold my home, and I could not transfer the policy due to the reltors providing them as a sales tool. I called to cancel a three year policy. I paid $1176.00. They are refunding $305. THey told me that I am being charged for the money they paid out for the A/C and a stove repair. Orginally, I only wanted a one year policy, and I was quoted $510.00 THen they pulled the hard sell and told me that a three year policy was $392.00 each year, but I had to pay for all three. Against my better judgement, I did go with the three year plan. Now that the house is sold, I cancelled. The representative did not care, and I feel I am out the money for buying a three year policy. They do not even deserve a star. If they make a deal sound too good, it is.

Spammers

Choice Home Warranty hires third-part professional spammers to send millions of unsolicited unwanted emails.
The emails have no Unsubscribe function, do not honor requests for removal, both violations of the Can/Spam Act.
I certainly wouldn't trust my biggest investment to a shady company that ignores the law and has to send millions of spam emails to drum up business.

Sending wrong companies out and having to pay fees regardless

I have had many issues with Choice Home Warranty sending out companies that are not in the speciality of fixing my problem. After being forced to pay for a $60 service charge general plumber and another time for an electrician booked to work on my hot-tub Spa with a motor problem (where no work could be done), it is obvious Choice Home Warranty profits by collecting service fees from sending out WRONG companies. The service fee goes to Choice Home Warranty and not the service company.
If this continues, I will seek appropriate legal action. I bet having to pay for airfare for the subpoena telephone/internet agent (by name/employee ID) that I spoke with to fly to Texas as a witness in Small Claims Court as to what was said on the conversation is far less than refunding me their unethical business practice of keeping the service fee for sending out the wrong company. Both the general plumber technician and the electrician that arrived had no idea that my issue was to replace a motor to a hot-tub Spa.

Vendor - Fraudulent

Earlier this year, our furnace had to be replaced due to holes caused by rivets deteriorating which was allowing carbon monoxide leakage. The unit was 23 years old. Your Service Department flately refused to consider the claim. They said it was from rust and corrosion which it wasn't. There was no such thing. The furnace technician even said there was no rust or corrosion but your Service Department
wrote it down like that. I had sent in documentation showing the holes in the heat exchanger due to where the rivets deteriorated. They wouldn't take that info into consideration. I bought this warranty contract in good faith and your company is not honoring its liability.

Air Conditioner

Upon placing a request for service on my ac system due to continuous running, a company named Bennett & Sons in Apopka, Florida, arrived & replaced a contactor on my unit. However, the technician rewired a wire to my thermostat withour permission from Choice or myself & left us without heat in our home. When Bennett & Sons were made aware of the issue, they refused to correct whatever their technician had done by saying the unit was hot wired & it would cost me $450 to fix the heat. Now my unit is damaged & Choice will not hold their contractor responsible & reports that they do not cover wiring. Choice has told me to contact the contractor myself & tell them to have the owner call me by 4:00 p.m., today, 3/4/2020, before I took legal recourse & then promised that I would hear back from them within one hour. I heard nothing!!! I have pursued this matter with every department available with Choice Home Warranty with no solution other than to sue!!! Choice Warranty management & representatives have been instructed not to disclose any contact information to their Corporate Offices in New Jersey or names of executive officers. This company has much to desire & definitely has much to hide from the consumer. Run from doing business with this warranty company because NOW you do have a CHOICE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Coverage of hot water heaters

Choice Warranty Lies
The wording regarding hot water heaters is very confusing in the Choice's Home Warranty Policy so before purchasing, I specifically asked if hot water heaters were covered. I was assured that they were so when my water heater started leaking recently, I immediately filed a claim. I confirmed once again, before making the first appointment with their plumber, that the water heater would be covered and specifically said I did not want to pay a $60 service fee if it wasn't. Again, I was assured that it was. I agreed to use their plumber, paid the $60, but when the plumber submitted that a new water heater was needed Choice denied my claim in full! I was then assigned a "case manager" to supposedly appeal to but he was very unresponsive, took hours on end to return phone calls and agreed to the original denial anyway. So much for the appeal process! After threatening with multiple bad reviews, he did come back with an offer to pay approx. 1/3 of the cost but that still left me with $650 out of pocket that on 2 different occasions I had been told would be covered. This was on top of the $60 service fee that I'd already paid. So don't waste your money on Choice Home Warranty. I've had other home warranty policies in the past that actually paid for what they say they'll pay for! I'm sorry I switched just to "save" a few bucks. As always, you get what you pay for!

air conditioner heat strips

I put in a claim for the heat strips in my a/c not working. A technician came out and took picture of the evaporator coil and said that it was too dirty and that it did not allow enough air to circulate around the heat strips. He did not actually touch the dust that was on the surface of the coil, slight amount [due to the fact that I change the filter faithfully every month] a normal amount to bypass the filter. So choice decided to deny the claim saying there was not enough air flow. I hired a new technician to come and replace the heat strips, the technician said that there was plenty of airflow that was flowing across the heat strips. I then tried to call
Michael chambers so he could speak to the technician prior to replacing the heat strip, but all I got was a voice mail after trying to get a hold of him 4 diffrent times. The voice mail said he would return the call within 24 hours, but it was a week before I had contact with him. Two days later, with it being very cold out, I called the technician to replace the heater strips. I then finally got in touch with michael and he denied the claim right off, without contacting the technician that did the work for proof of the above information. I feel that because of the week it took to speak with michael the claim should be appealed after speaking with the technician that did the work, and understands the function of the system. The technician did clean the coil and said that it was just a small amount of dust on the evaporater coil, which is why the claim was originally denied. Please reconsider the appeal at this time. The technicians phone number is [protected] the claim numbers [protected]. Thank you!

• Updated by Douglas Dawson · Feb 13, 2020

I have put in three tickets for maintaining my household appliances and all three have been denied due to the small writing in the contract, information that allows them to denie almost any claim, and then they refer you to the contract when you ask why you were denied. This company is a scam in disguise, they promise you everything will be covered, but when it comes ddown to the claim it is always denied. I paid 1700.00 dollars for my warranty and so far they have not covered any claim made. I believe a law suit needs to be taken against this company.

central air unit

Choice has denied many claims I've submitted. The heat in the aircon was not working, they sent a repairman out 24 hours later. My tenets have young kids and it was below freezing. The repairman came out and they denied the claim due to a "rusty" valves. A leak caused the rusty valve in the first place. This company is a disgrace!!! I would not recommend choice warranty to anyone!!!

dryer repair

I had a tech come to my house to repair my dryer. Not only did he take it completely apart, just to tell me the dryer needs a belt, he has yet to return!! It's been 7 days and my dryer is still dismantled and no one at your organization seems to be unable to contact the repair man. Unprofessional, incompetent, deceptive!! He has my deductible, yet he hasn't done anything! It's moments like this, I really hate my husband even purchased a home warranty with you guys. My first claim and it's been the worst experience ever! So much for setting a good first impression. Customer service reps were rude and dismissive. I'm seriously begging to think the investment wasn't worth the hassle. All I needed replaced was a belt and that had yet to be done. Praying that nothing major occurs, I'd be screwed!