Menu
Home Banks JPMorgan Chase refused to accept durable power of attorney

JPMorgan Chase  - refused to accept durable power of attorney

Author of the complaint
2:13 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The bank manager refused to allow us to utilize a valid durable power of attorney to pay bill on our father’s behalf exposing us to fines, penalties and attorney fees.

Helpful? 0 0

More JPMorgan Chase complaints & reviews

JPMorgan Chase - Closed my account without notice
JPMorgan Chase - Denied fraud claim
JPMorgan Chase - mortgage fraud/scam
JPMorgan Chase - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!
JPMorgan Chase - chase raising rates!
JPMorgan Chase - stalling on refinancing my mortgage
JPMorgan Chase - deposit accounts
5 comments
Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

I don't have anything good to say about Chase, so I will keep my comments to myself, though I will inform who I am helping to move their money elsewhere.

L
Dec 11, 2020 2:13 am

Stop using the large banks, they are NOT looking out for your best interests. Find a local credit union instead. I travel internationally and have no problems using my CU bank cards (issued by VISA) overseas.

I had a CA durable PoA and when my then 95 year old grand-aunt fell I stepped in.

ALL large banks ignore PoA forms unless they're THEIR PoA forms. It's in the tiny print the account holder agreed to when they opened their account.

Too BIG to fail, too BIG to jail.

They don't care -- you don't have the resources to fight them.

STOP USING THEM.

Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

Loh Phat,
I agree with you, I personally have CU and don't like using big bank, but I am going thru the same damn nightmare that you've mentioned. This is putting a hold on getting my brother to another facility and now I'm waiting for them to send me paperwork for DPOA, when I've ALREADY sent mine in. Just so tired of the BS, not only from them but BOA its just BS and would love to have him move everything to a CU.

0 0

We just experience the same problem with Chase in Abilene, Tx. Our adult son was suffered an injury in an industrial explosion resulting in a TBI. He was in a coma for almost 3 weeks. Doctors say it is a miracle that he is a live. He is communicating and making a recovery - facing replacement of bone flap and certainly unable to leave the hospital. He authorized a legal POA and it is on file in Tom Green County. He does have a bank account his earnings were deposited to a prepaid card. When he begin receiving workmen's compensation checks they were issued of JP Chase Morgan. We have a personal account at Chase.. For 3 weeks I took my POA into the bank and cashed the checks and deposited the funds into our account to pay my son's rent, utilities, truck payment - etc. Yesterday although all previous checks cleared no problem, the manager said that it was NOT there policy to cash these checks and the POA would have to be sent to there legal department before any additional checks would be cashed. My son rent and car payment is due.

D
May 16, 2012 2:13 am

I feel for you. My wife and I work overseas and my sister is my POA. She went to the local Chase Bank to update her mailing address. When she talked to an employee, there were no records of her being our POA. She told the employee my wife and I filed a POA form with WAMU and assumed Chase would have some records. After threats about court and endless phone calls to higher management, a miracle occurred. The Bank had records of proof, my sister was a POA. When my wife and I return home for a Sabbatical we are going to close our savings and checking accounts. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy abot Chase's fees as well.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1340 complaints