Cell Cnew contract sales staff

Reference: SPI007763388.

On Friday 27th September I made an enquiry online about a new phone contract. I was called back almost immediately by a lady called Rendani Mabirimisa who went through the long process of checking my details. I then was asked to email my bank statements, proof of address and payslip, which I did straight away. Then I heard nothing.

On Monday I sent an email to follow up, and still no reply. Today I called the helpline and was told I had to speak to Rendani but that she was busy, I must call back. I sent another email to Rendani to which there was still no reply, so I called again. This time I was told by a customer service advisor that my application was unsuccessful (I earn a good salary and have a R1 600 000 house in my name but I can't get a cell c contract! but that is an issue for another time and I guess I'll stay with Vodacom).

My issue is that Rendani, or anybody from Cell C, should have called me back on Friday and told me, but she didn't. That is unacceptable customer service. That you make your customers chase after the sales people for updates on applications is unprofessional. The email which was sent to me on Friday with links to follow for updates does not work, the links take you pages that no longer exist. So customers have no choice to be left hanging and waiting for incompetent, rude sales staff. If i take the time to talk to your sales staff for nearly half an hour, and send them my private financial information, I expect to at least be told the outcome of the application.

A shocking experience from Cell C and one that I will never repeat.

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Oct 01, 2019

Hi Mrs. CB

We are in receipt of your complaint and apologize for the manner in which this matter was handled. Kindly email us your contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za and we'll assist.

^PN