Having problems with Cell C?

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

cell c forfeit to debit my account for at least & plusmn; 3 months and now they submitted my name as bad payer to the complaint and legal department

I purchased 2 cell phone contracts from cell c at canal walk & plusmn; 4 months ago and during the first day I experienced some problem with the phone, samsung e250 - I was then told by one of the agents, actually by the manager as well that it's not the problem anymore... They told me they might take it in, unfortunately can't replace it but will send it in for repairs it will take up to about 8 weeks... Might even take 3months. The guy actually recommended that I take it in to the agent for samsung cell phones in montegue gardens, cape town. I ended up doing this because I was just not in a mood for an arguemnent. After numerous calls to finding out whether my cellphone is fixed or ready for collection, I finall received it and to be quite honest - it's working perfect now. During the past 4 months myself including my wife has tried several times to get in contact trying to find out why my account has not been debited as per my contract. Infact - I got billed and debited, but it was for the wrong amounts - up till today we found out that my or our names has been given up for bad payment record with the itc legal department - why ?
The service is pathetic - you call from a landline phone only to find out aftre being on the phone for more then half-an-hout, that the person can't actually help you. My wife ended up settling 2 of the outstanding ammounts only to find out its too late - our names is in the q for bad credit records, etc. - I am not a typist, but I know write fromn wrong. I am a family man I will not stand on the pavement while someone is trying to rob, badmouth or make it impossible to make a honest living. Plz help

I will go to all the news papers in the western cape, maybe joburg, but I will definitely approach the canal walk cell c branch about this matter - afterall, I did purchase the phone with them.

My name is ecliff dodenburg and my new vodacom number is : [protected]

Warm regards

• Ab
    Abiel Sep 07, 2010

Cell-c HAS A BAD RAPUTATION OF POOR SERVICE.

if i had power will close down the company and erase it existance.
    They did the same with me. I had to pay the for the full amount just to remove my name from ITC.

cell c continue billing me!

Cell C continues to bill me 4 months after I canceled my contract. I had to go into the bank and make a stop payment just to stop the deductions. I have written 15 letters saying that I am no longer with them. The staff are incompetent, at this point because I have tried to be nice to them i am going to call them STUPID because that is a more accurate word for them.
I have submitted letters to Eastgate branch, greenstone branch, four ways branch, Head Office on Rivonia road, and head office in Sandton. I have called but have hung up after waiting for 40min (i refuse to spend any more of my money calling them. They owe me close to R600 and refuse to pay me. I have proof of all this including all the letters that have been copied and signed by various Cell C employees. Why they are still in existence is beyond me.

Sad Jun 13, 2008

SAME thing with me! AND after the contract has been cancelled and i paid all outstanding fees, they go and blacklist me

Cell C is a terrible company!

poor service

You will read and understand this e-mail... I have mailed a copy to customer service and am posting it...

sick and tired of the situation

I would like to express my immense dissatisfaction with cell c. I cannot even remember how long it is that I have been experiencing problems with them.

I have two contracts with cell c. When the contracts were taken out, the contract was not on my name, due the fact that I was not 21 yet and the law required this. The banking details however, were on my name and this was the account that was debited every month.

The first problems started in the first month I had a contract. I was billed for this I did not understand. Whenever I requested and explanation, I received none. I was told that nobody can assist me in any way, as I am not the contract holder. This really frustrated me as I was the one who was paying for it at the end of the day.

A few months later, I tried to transfer the contract to my name. I went to the cell c store in cavendish, and submitted all the documents that they required to make the transfer. I then spoke to oriel khan from the customer complaints department, who told me that no enquiry was actually made to transfer the account to my name.

I asked oriel to assist me regarding the transfer of ownership. The surety I provided was declined. I obtained new surety and tried again. I e-mailed oriel numerous times enquiring as to what the progress of the transfer is, but to no avail. I

in the month of september my bank details changed and I had asked oriel to update these, which she did. At the end of october, my account was not paid because according to the customer care department of cell c, the bank details on record were invalid. The details that were on record, were in fact my old details, which oriel had told me, she updated. How is it possible that one month the details are correct and the following month they have reverted back to the wrong details?

I contacted the customer care department and spoke to a lady by the name of bonolo. She told me she is unable to assist me due to the fact that the contract is on my name, she cannot tell me what the process of the transfer of ownership is because the person that I am dealing with is supposed to assist me.

I spoke to kevin, at the call centre, who was a super star. The only competent person I have dealt with at cell c. He assisted me very well and eventually the transfer of ownership was completed.

I have posted numerous complaints on the site www.Hellopeter.com, you can view them here: http://www.Hellopeter.com/search_results. asp

It is now february, and once again, I am furious.in the month of december, my account was not debited. I passed this off as a mistake on cell c’s side. When now, by the end of january, the payment did not go off, once again, I was concerned.

I called the contact centre, only to discover that once again, cell c managed to get hold of my invalid bank details with the closed account. I updated these details, if my memory serves me correct, on friday. I told the gentleman to please re-submit the debit order. I was told that this was done and the payment should go off within two working days.

By this morning, tuesday 08/01/2008, the payment did not go off. I contacted the call centre to confirm that the correct details are on record. This was confirmed. I went ahead and posted another comment on hellopeter.com as this seems to be the only way in which to get cell c’s attention.

I was informed by the lady who contacted me, that the claim was never resubmitted. As I am sitting here am shaking with anger and disgust.

I feel that you have breached your side of the contract and I do not feel that I have received adequate service from you. Therefore I feel that the contract I signed is no longer valid.

I spoke to somebody in one of your customer care departments and tried to explain to her that I feel the contract should be cancelled, without me paying any penalties. She kept telling me, in a very abrupt tone, that this would not be possible. The conversation kept on going in circles, until I eventually, gave up.

I no longer know what to do and I truly feel that you have not honored your side of the agreement. Therefore I feel the contract should be cancelled, without me being penalized. I feel that I have no other choice, but to resort to the media and my lawyers.

broken mobile phone

I am currently on my third consecutive Cell C contract. When I renewed my contract in September this year, I was sent a Samsung D900i directly from Cell C. Two and a half months later, my phone was making no sounds so I therefore was unable to hear incoming calls and sms alerts. I reported the faulty phone to Cell C and they said it would take four to six weeks to repair. When I asked a about a "loan phone" during the repair time they told me that it is "not their policy". If I do not have a friend or family member that can lend me a cell phone during the six week repair period, what am I supposed to use?? I do not have a home phone and therefore rely on my cell phone. My phone is only two and a half months old...........surely it must have some sort of warranty??? Cell C's service is nothing short of shocking and as far as I am concerned, I have been a very loyal customer. I am now into my fifth year with them. This will most certainly be my last contract with Cell C.

cell c got a shocking service!

I moved to an Active Chat 220 in February this year. Cell C politely forgot to bill me in Feb and double billed me in March. Now for a conservative cell user (Average bill of R600 per month), a R1000 bill nearly made me faint. Well I first lodged my complaint on the 08th March 07 and to date (27.03.07), nothing has been done. I have even gone as far as emailing the CEO. Not ONE person at Cell C understands that I want a credit and I want to pay off that subscription bill not invoiced in Feb, over three months - NOT ONE PERSON! I have been told that they don't do credits, that I have to manually pay them back the payment arrangement as there system doesn't allow for highly complicated things like what I asked for, AFTER signing an acknowledgment of debt! I have never signed one of those before - the irritation is that they are making THEIR mistake MY problem! I have now had it and have quoted the CEO's office with Cell C's Code of Conduct with no response yet... They do say you can complain to Icasa or take legal action... I think Ill try Icasa first. This has now gone from a simple query to me fuming over the worst service I have ever received from any company... Ill be canceling my contract as soon as I can...

annemarie May 17, 2007

I know it happened to me as well. But they forgot to bill me for 4 months and billed me double on month and took the balance at once the next month. "An admin mistake" they called it. But after i phoned them probably about 8 or 9 times concerning this. What kind of service is this and what can further be expected. What happened? It never used to be like this before.

Joanne Bornman Jul 02, 2008

I dont agree in total.
    You say : "Cell C got a shocking service!"
    What service?
    Cell C do not have any service.
    I cancel a contract after two years contract-
    they just kept on deducting monthly payments by debit order for the last 2 1/2 years and refuse to action.
    They dont answer emails, phone calls or personal visits.
    And Customer complaints... what a joke.
    You complain and then...
    nothing further.
    At least we know that with a terrible service like this no company will with stand the economy without clients because they are chasing them away with their sad reputation.

[Resolved] cell c makes false advertising!

Re: Cell C I am very disappointed in Cell C as I have been a loyal customer for nearly 5 years with 2...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices