Having problems with Cell C?

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

claim & upgrade

I have a cellc phone and it was stolen yesterday, my husband used the phone with a vodacom sim card in his phone was damaged with water. The stole the phone out of his hand yesterday, phoned cell c this morning and they advised that because it was a vodacom simcard in the cell c phone i will not be able to claim for this phone! I feel it is not wright, as i pay everymonth for the cover!!! The other thing is one of the consultants from the tell trevor departmetn advised me that he will upgrade me on the 3rd of August due to a fault cell c made, and when it came to that date the consultant that helped me with that was no longer with cell c and now cell c just refuses to upgrade me and they say it was the consultant who made a mistake and they will not help me with the upgrade. I feel that it is not my mistake and they must still ge me the upgrade as i am the client and i did not make the mitake!!! Please will you look in to this for me, as i am very discussted in the servise i am getting from Cell C, it is getting wore by the day, they are quick enough to disconnect your line if there was an unpaid debit order but when you want to claim or something they just say sorry we can not help you!!1

customer service

Hi,

please help me!

My name is Gschwend Slambert [protected]. Account number: 2534566 (R.Daly)

I have been trying to settle my account with Cell C and RL Daly with no success I have to say.

It has been back and forth for the past two weeks because no one can tell me what the outstanding amount on my account is. They talk about the money that I have paid them needs to be allocated first, but how long should I wait for this process. I am in the process of application at the bank.

I am not happy about this, can someone help me please?

unlawfull listing to credit bureau

In december 2010 cell c went onto a new system and our debit order did not go off, we received and sms from cell c to say they we must pay within 10 days, I sent an email to cell c to find out what the problem was as my bank did not return any debit orders and was told to ignore the sms as the problem was with their new system and that they would be rerunning the debit orders. At the end of december I noticed that the debit order was still not through and contacted cell c and was told to pay mannually and fax a copy of the recipt, which I did. Suddenly my phone was suspended and an indian man contacted me to find out what my banking details were. I advised him that I have had the contract for 3 years and been banking with the same bank for 20 years so my banking details that they have on they system should still be the same. (With so much telephone fraud now days one does not want to give out too much info). He told me that until I confirm my banking details and pay the outstanding bill my phone would not be switched on. I told him that the phone bill was up to date and that I could only owe the monthly contract amount as the phone has been off since december. I then contacted the contact centre and was told that my payments have been received and that my account is up to date, from april every month I receive a sms on my vodacom cell phone to say that I have been handed over to vcm for non payment of my cellphone account and I email all the proof of payments from december todate to them and the account was rectified and yet every month I get an sms, I was told by the consusltant that my monthly contrat was r145 and I have been paying r149 every month on the 20th. Today I received an sms again to say that I have been handed over to legal department and my name has been put onto the credit bureau... I contacted the contact centre and was told that they have been receiving my payments monthly and that they can see that they received another payment on the 22/07/2011 so why have I been handed over... An if they can contact me via sms on my vodacom dell number why has no one even tried to contact me before handing me over? I also used to receive my statements via email and in december the satatements stopped comming. I sent an email to cell c service centre and have had no reply from them either. I feel that cell c have not done anything to contact me at all and just felt it easier to list me yet they will be able to see that I have contacted them on a monthly basis. Everytime I get told that someone will get back to me and it is now july 2011 and I have had enough of their nonsense. I want someone to do something about this.

• Al
    Also Tired Jul 23, 2011

DONT WORRY i HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 7 MONTHS FOR A REPLY FROM THEM ON A QUERY...

blacklisted illegally

On the 8/7/2011 I went to cell c kolonnade to upgrade, and renew my contract to cell c. I also wanted to take out another contract on the speedstick. On applying for the new contract I was told that my account has been handed over to prelegal due to non payment. I pay may account monthly by internet banking and have proof of payment for every single months payment. So in front of aprox 10 people in the store I was told that due to non payment I can not take out a new contract. After numerous phone calls nothing happened. On monday 18th july we went back to cell c kolonnade to find out what is going on, they phoned again and another call was logged. Again a week later nothing happened. Eventually on thursday they phoned from prelegal to say the account was in arrears and we need to pay. I queried it again and was told they will log a call and phone me back. On friday 22 july I phoned the call centre again and spoke to a tiffany who said that the account has been rectified. On saturday 23 july I received a message from there attorneys stating that I was handed over and blacklisted. For nothing!!! Please people stay away from these thieves if you dont want to be blacklisted illegally!!

unauthorised charges

Cell C in South Africa ran a "Dream Call" Competition that ended in May.

I have been receiving SMS' s every day since - announcing the so-called "winners"
The problem is that I'm being charged R1.50 EVERY time I receive this sms.

How can I be charged DAILY for a competition that ended in May?

This is proposterous, and could definitely be constituted as fraud.

I demand that my account be credited with the Airtime they took fraudulently.

R.Klopper

Charlene Wild Dec 20, 2011

I belong to ‘Dreamcall’ and pay for it everyday for months and months now.

I received an sms late afternoon and assumed it had to do with Dreamcall. I phoned Cell C and they said Dreamcall does not go through them and they gave me the telephone number of Dreamcall, which is 0841934567 to phone, but I kept getting a fast engaged signal each time and COULD NOT GET THROUGH????
    The sms read: "Customer ID: 44497013 (which is my cell phone number through my Cell C Contract but without the 08 in front of it); and
    Pin Code: 92854379
    Balance: 10 000
    Call +22720392040 to transfer ur winnings to a bank account.
    Thx for playing with us.”

I phoned the number and a recorded American lady’s voice came on asking for my name, which I gave and then it said press #, which I did. I got as far as my Surname with pressing # after saying it, as I was asked to by the recorded voice and then I was cut off, as by phoning this number it took R87, 00 off my airtime, leaving me WITH NO AIRTIME AT ALL!

I’m a single parent and cannot afford this. As it is, I am looking for work in East London, South Africa and battling terribly since my temp job ended and I have a 17 year old son to look after and put through matric next year. I DEMAND a refund of the R87.00 for sending me an sms making it look as if I had won via DREAMCALL!

I hardly check my emails, so can someone from Cell C Dreamcall please phone me on 0844497013 (seen you take R1, 50 off my account daily) as I get sms’s from you daily and clarify with me what is going on. PLEASE phone me on my cell number and not via email, as I hardly check emails, because the computer is in my son’s bedroom.

Charlene Wild
    East London, South Africa
    Tel: 084 449 7013 (Contract number with Cell C)

Charlene Wild Dec 20, 2011

I belong to ‘Dreamcall’ and pay for it everyday for months and months now.

Pin Code: 92854379
    Balance: 10 000
    Call +22720392040 to transfer ur winnings to a bank account.
    Thx for playing with us.”

Charlene Wild
    East London, South Africa
    Tel: 084 449 7013 (Contract number with Cell C)

• Ha
    halalqa Dec 21, 2011

This same thing happened to me, I did everything "the voice"asked me to do.But unfortunately I was cutoff in the middle charging me about 50 Ethiopian Birr.

• Bo
    Boikanyo May 10, 2016

074 816 1478 - balance in April R300.00 I paid half of the amount in April
    074 207 3305 - balance in April - R110.00 which I paid in full
    061 283 0664 - balance was R81.00 paid in full in April. The contracts for the 3 phone ended in January 2016 but till today I am still paying unpredictable amount from Cell C. Call centre Agents drops calls on me,

• Em
    Emmy Emmy Oct 11, 2016

I have been paying for this service since 01 December 2013 and was last billed on 03 October 2016!. It costs R1.50 a day. My airtime still gets deducted but I have no idea what this competition is about. I once called the call center for assistance but they were useless. Please cancel this subsciption!!!

bad service

Good morning, I went to cell c canal walk on thursday 7 july after listening to a ad on an afrikaans radio station bok radio, they advertise a blackberry on a top-up 100 at certain cell c stores. Needles to say I went to canal walk and asked about this deal, I was told they don't know anything about it, maybe vodacom will know. Not even tried to find out.

still receiving sms

I understand that this competition has come to an end in may. However I am still receiving daily sms' to this day - "that I have been intered into today's draw". Costing r1.50 per day.
I would like my account to credited with this monies, as this is fraud.

unfair billing

Sir/madam

1. The matter between me and cell c has the following reference.

2. In october 2009 I have received the billing letter from cell c stating that I must pay r1399.00 from their bill whereas the contract agreement was r99.00. I was so surprise when I discovered that I was subscribed with exact mobile that was billing me every minute.

3. I have contacted several cell c shops including colognade cell c shop in pretoria and they have failed to resolve the matter. I have requested cell c to pay the agreed amount excluding exact mobile and cell c denied and told me it was not possible to pay them without paying exact mobile. Then I decided to stop paying at all because I knew that I did not subscribe with exact mobile.

4. Then I referred the matter to my lawyers who referred me to icasa. Icasa referred me to waspa. Waspa told me in writing that the matter has been resolved with the service provider that’s exact mobile. So I went to cell c and told them that the matter has been resolved the only thing I want from them was to give me advice as to how to make payment to them of which they fail to come with the solution as the statement was still including the bill of exact mobile.

4. I am very much prepared to repay cell c as they are the people I entered the contract of r99.00 a month with and not exact mobile. I feel I was not treated fair by cell c in resolving the matter as there was no professional correspondence between them and myself. Their staff members were unable to give assistance to me even though I told them I was prepared to pay the bill that excludes exact mobile and today I have to go through their lawyers to settle the matter which is unfair to me.

Below is attached respond from waspa

Mrs m. Mngoma

service line

Since yesterday I have been without the use of any and all outgoing mobile services. Upon phoning the 24 hour...

intermittent service

Cell c - everything falls to deaf ears: !!!
To the point: after sending two emails, smsing to cells's call me back complaint short code, visiting the redbull cell c mobile store, the cell c customer office off rivonia road (Opposite maritz brothers) , and visiting dion wired hyde park where I bought the device, no-one gets back to me or can answer my question. I have also been told from an anonymous source that cell c know there is a bug in the device, but them or huawaei cannot solve it.
Please cell c - all I want is my paid for data to work when its meant to work.
I have many screen shots where I have full signal but no connectivity.
Trevor... Trevor... Trevor... Maybe you can use this complaint in your next stand up.
See attached screenshots - this complaint was sent using alwayson - which I now pay for over and above my cell c data.

Cell C 2g Data Modem

unlawful blacklist

Hi

Cell c has unlawfully blacklisted me for an account that is not mine & according to their legal department the account is also fully paid & inactive. They claim they haven't listed me even though I provided them with an mie & an itc report.
Cell c then promised to update itc accordingly & send me a letter confirming that my name was clear but this was in the beginning of 2011 & still I have not heard a word from the sp.
What’s sad is that this account belonged to my sister erica phora & the account has subsequently been fully paid. I am now struggling to apply for credit facilities because you have incorrectly blacklisted me.

Can someone in the legal department that knows their story correct this. This is unlawful & there are acts that guard consumers against service providers such as yourselves.

Regards

waiting for refund for over a month and a half no communication from cell c

CELLC

My name is Savvatoula Petalas on the 31st of the 3rd menthe cell c debited my account with R1040.00 INCORRECTLY Three weeks ago I contacted Cell c with my problem, the consultant requested that I mail my bank statements through as proof witch I have done twice already IF YOU HAVE A LOOK ON YOU SYSTEM FOR THE PAST 3 WEEK IV BEEN CALLING IN NONE STOP IV EVEN GONE TO THE HEAD OFFICE IN PLATTERKLOOF CAPE TOWN, I have spoken to numerous consultants and Team leaders and supervisors

Each of these people made me promises that were not fulfilled promises that I will get my refund promises that the admin department and the billings department would return my call and last night I spoke to a Wayde Stoffell and his team leader Mompulelo Zunga who guaranteed me that I will get an answer by ten o’clock this morning Wednesday 04 2011 and once again no one has bothered to call me.

As far as imp concerned I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR VERY POOR SERVICE NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT CELL C HAS MADE ME SHORT OF PAYING MY OTHER ACCOUNTS DUE TO THERE INCORRECT DEBIT ORDER WICH I AM STILL WAITING FOR.

IM SENDING YOU THIS EMAIL TO NOTIFY YOU OF THE CANCELLATION OF MY CONTRACT I WILL STOP ALL MONTHLY PAYMENTS AND IF CELL C CUTS MY LINE OR BLACK LISTS ME I WILL GO TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND WILL CONSALT A LAWYER. I WILL NO LONGER LISTEN TO CELL C EMPTY PROMISES AS FAR AS IM CONCERND YOU ARE IN BREACH OF YOUR OWN CONTRACT BY DEBITING MONEY THAT IS NOT DUE AND STILL OVER A MONTH LATER IM STILL AWAITING MY REFUND. AND THE EXCUSE THAT THEY NEED TO FIND THE PROBLEM INORDER TO REFUND ME CELL C HAS COST ME PETROLL MONEY DRIVING UP AND DOWN TO TRY AND SORT OUT A PROBLEM THAT CELL C HAS CREATED ASWELL AS COSTING ME MONEY EVERYTIME TO REQUEST BANK STATEMENTS AND MONEY FOR THE FAXES IV SENT THROUGH. IM AM SERIOUSLY VERY ANNOID AND IM NOT LEAVING THIS IN CELL C HANDS ANYMORE AS THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE IV EVER HAD VIA ANY SERVICE PROVIDER OR RETAIL STORE.

Savva Petalas
National Groceries operationa manageress
( Cell) [protected]
[protected]
Fax to Email [protected]

• Ah
    Ahmed May 18, 2011

Similar situation. My 24 month contract expired and cell c refused to cancel stating that i must notify them in writing 30 days in advance to cancel contract before expiry date. when a contract is signed the expiry date is noted. so why should one have to notift them. It took 2 months before it was finally cancelled. this contract was now extended to 26 months. the contract does not state anything about notifying them about cancellation. this is an easy way to make 'easy money'.

[Resolved] legal department

I ran a credit check on myself about a week ago. Turns out that I have been blacklisted by Cell C on an...

migrating my contract

I have been calling the call centre every week for the past 4 months. I am trying to do a migration to a package i was previously on. I get told that i will be contacted by the credit department within 48hrs. I call in every week. I don not receive any calls back from cellc. My bill is now over R2000 A month. I have not paid my last bill and will not. Cell c has to compensate me for the past 4 months. Will only pay when cell c contacts me regarding this matter.

unrepaired phone

Repairs of 3 weeks, now months later
Phone model: lg (Red) phone to cellc in maynard mall, wynberg, cape town s. A
History of the matter: the phone broke during the period of the guarantee and was handed in for repairs in november 2010 with which we received a 90 day repair gurantee. The phone then had the same problem that was supposedly repaired in the 90 day repair guarantee. I took the phone back in early march 2011 and was told that it will take 3 weeks, after the 4th week I became worried and upon enquiry was told that they still waiting for it from the cellc repairs shop. I went there about 21 - 30 times to go check and up till today have not receive the phone back. I received a phone call from one, candace from the repair shop and was told that the phone was not repairable and she offer me a lower grade phone, the offer was unacceptable and I was referred back to the wynberg cellc shop. I was then told that the owner, mr. Oswald is not willing to make a decision and neither he nor the repair shop ever came back to me. Please furnish details of the person with who I must deal with at the head of cellc. I am no fed-up of this or alternatively I am referring this case to the ombudsman and the media. Bad publicity of a cellc branch could damage their market as they are damaging my daughter's carreer. Mrs susan adonis, cape town south africa

blacklisted me

Dear All'
This is the most worst company i ever had a contract with. My contract expired last year June, i asked them if i could upgrade they said no because my sim card is reported stolen with my phone but they still billed me every month for 24 months. I was surprised that after the 24 months was over that they still debited my account i went to the Head Office and enquired about it the gentleman told me that if your contract expires they put you on a month to month i said i was not happy with that and we cancelled the contract immediately at Cell C Head Office. Yesterday i was informed that they had put a ADVERSE against my name on the Credit Bureu for wahat i don't know.
please assist me in this .LAA'IQAH NORDIEN

blackberry internet service

I have recently subscribed to the Blackberry Internet Service @ R57 a month, it has worked for 2 days. I contacted customer services and they told me. Oh in Cape town the service was and will be down for a while? and you will not be refunded for the service.

• Mr
    Mrajkumar M Sep 29, 2011

Dear All

I am Mr. M. Rajkumar from Chennai, using BB 9300 mobile with AIR TEL per-paid plan and the no. is +91 99403 88775.

This is for your kind information, i have using the Internet and browsing through mobile phone for fast and easy communication specially for this particular reason i have purchased the Black Berry mobile and using the Browsing and Internet service for past 3 months.

But recently last 27th Sept 2011 @ 13:00hrs i spoke to BB assistance through telephonic (@ 9840017070) to activate my BB 399 plane for this One of your assistance instructed me to follow this procedure ie.,
    Send SMS :
    Step 1: AIR TEL BB 121
    Step 2: BB4 121
    Step 3: BIS 9300 121
    Since i followed the same steps for this i receive the message as "Your request for BIS has meen registered with us. Thank you.." related with this i later at late night around 21:35 hrs i recived another mail "Your request of activation of Rs 399 Internet service monthly plan cannot be processed at this time please try after some time."

Related with this parally i am trying nearly 25 times till now, and spoke to more than 15 different Personals (assistance) adn finally also spock to the seniour most person also but the only thing every buddy used to ask is "ANY THING MORE WOULD YOU LIKE TO ASSIST SIR " But there is no solution till now.

Also Every time i used to speak to different personals, each time i used to ask about the complain number, but no buddy give any of the number ( ie., Complain / Request ).

Yesterday also i spoke to one Lady name: Miss RANI she promised that this problem will be rectified in another 2( two ) hrs. Actually i don 't know what i happening .

As a Kind request, please avoid making the call in HOLD for more than 3min also only one same music repeatedly general customer gits irritated.

So now finally as a humble request i would like to ask you one thing please ..please.. send me the money (Rs. 399 ) back Enough this much of irritation is enough.

ALL the Best ...Keep it up...Have a nice Day...
    Thanks & Regards
    Rajkumar M.
    +91 99403 88775

wrong terms and conditions

Hi there,

At the 9th of march I bought the 5gb usb stick from cellc. before I bought it I informed myself on the cell c website about this product. after reading that I decided to get the prepaid version (2999r payed once off prepaid http://www.cellc.co. za/internet/page/data-products/prepaid) where I get 60gb over 12 month. around the 7th of april I started to use up all my data, because I thought it will get renewed the 8th or 9th, because the terms and conditions on the cellc website say

"validity & expiry

All five (5) data bundles are valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Where a prepaid or controlcha t customer purchases more than one smartdata bundle, each data bundle will have its own expiry date.
Smartdata bundles will expire at 23h59:59 on the 30th day.
Smartdata bundles do not auto-renew and prepaid and controlcha t customers will need to purchase a new smartdata bundle on expiry / depl ". but nothing happened. I run out of data and went to the cell c shop where I bought that stick.
They started to think... till they wanted to explain me that I bought a contract and that my data is getting reloaded the 1st of every month. but now the terms and conditions in internet say something completely different. after half an hour fighting they told me to call the cell c customer service. what a mission! in this company, nobody knows what they actually sale. the first person we had to explain what the cell c usb data stick is... that is no joke. the people in this company don't know what they sell.
She started as well with my contract. no I never signed any contract.
In the end she wanted to pass me through to the technical service. after 10 min waiting I hung up. that is how good and how fast there well advertised customer service is. after that I started to send in email. no reaction. than I sent a threat on facebook.com 2min later it got deleted and I received a call. than I had to explain the whole problem again. the woman said she will call back. nothing happened. after 2 days we sent another email and another threat on facebook. same procedure, they deleted the threat and called. maybe that is the onliest way to talk to them quickly. but nothing happened after that call. on sunday the 17th I tried to call the customer service again. she still gave me through to the technical service. this time I waited, I think like 15 to 20 min. than I explained my whole story to this guy. after sending him the screenshots of the terms and conditions (the terms and condition haven't been online for some reason) he realized slowly what my problem is, and saw, that there is something not 100% right. he said i'll get a reference number and will receive help in the next 24-48 hours. but this company has time!!! I am still waiting for my call!
So in the end, the worst customer service I have ever seen and the worst excuses I have ever heared. I want to read the proper terms and conditions black on white, but they can't provide them. so whose mistake is this whole story.
And by the way that is not all... if you are interested, I send a second part with more details!

no signal and network failures

I'm having network connection failures with my blackberry & whoosh modem consistantly since end feb 2011. I've complained numerous times to autopage and cell c, both say the problem is for the other company to sort out! Aaargh!!! Finally vaughn, a super helpful guy from autopage, arranged for cell c technicians to come to my house last wend sat & test the connection from my house. 4xtech's came & mostly sat fiddling on their laptops & chatting in a foreign language that I couldnt understand. When they were done they told me the following:
* I have very badno signal because the tower is too far away (I live in newton park, a business area four blocks away from the largest shopping centre!)
* the one tech apparently went to this 'far-away tower' & 'moved the antennae' so that it was pointing in my direction to maybe strengthen the signal (It didnt - absolutely no change)
* according to the tech's, there is absolutely nothing cell c can do for me now!
What?! For over a month now, 99% of the time I have no signal to call or use my internet... But amazingly autopage seems to think that its ok to still take their full r900 out of my bank account for services not received! *! A week has passed since I posted my last complaint on hellopeter and I still have not been contacted by a consultant regarding the problem! Even after cell c emailed back to say that one would call me shortly! Maybe they cant get through to me coz theres no friggen signal!!! I'm definately taking this matter further!

• Do
    donnavdw Apr 18, 2011

Still no response to any of my emailed, womf'd, hellopeter'd complaints regarding my network failures and lack of signal.

Obviously they have no intention of sorting this problem out.

Can anyone advise how I can go about inforcing the new Consumer Act?

cell c insurance doesnt exist

After complaining to hellopeter cell c finally manage to contact me regarding my insurance claim that I claimed. Bad service again. They are telling me that my claim its been declined bcs I used onother sim card on that phone. Why are they disclosing terms and conditions only when I claim. The form that I signed didnt have those term and condition. Those terms can only apply in my case if I signed the contract. Cell c needs to provide a form with my signature showing I sign the contract with those terms and conditions.

Cell c needs to pay my claim if not im not gonna stop fighting regarding this. Im doing for other cell c victims out there who cant fight for their own rights. Cell c is robbing money from its own clients. Cell c insurance doesnt exist they are stilling money from millions of south african. If insurance exist why contact no of that insurance doesnt exist. And why cell c consultans keep on lying to us.

• Xt
    Xtacy1 Jul 26, 2011

I am experiencing exactly the same issue with cellc. It is now almost a month that i am trying to get a claim resolved regarding my stolen cellphone, after i raised a complain on Hellopeter i finally had a call from them a week back, also saying that my claim has been declined due to the fact that I have used another sim in my phone, not once was it discussed or explained to me when i applied for the contract via Cellc Direct 084154, I challenge them to bring me the recording where any of these were mentioned, or give any paperwork that i have signed in connection with these terms and conditions. I was told by a lady Natasha that i should send in a letter of appeal regarding my claim so that it can be escalated, and now that i have done so, no one comes back to me, not one of the numbers is working that i was given by the call center. I really think this is pathetic, I expected way more from Cellc than this poor service. I am also not going to let this just fly by, i will take this further, i am entitled to a replacement phone, that is the reason for it being insured.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices