Menu
Cash Crusaders
reviews & complaints

Cash Crusaders
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

218 complaints
2 resolved 216 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cash Crusaders. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I see that out of 218 complaints only 2 have been resolved, so I dont know if you guys care about your cuistomers as much as other companies I do business with. Anyway here goes... Yesterday one of my workers who was on site with me, stole a very sentimental item given to me by my deceased father years ago. The item was a leatherman knife, as soon as I...

4:04 am

Cash Crusaders - Advertising a bunch of lies

I would like to know how can Cash Crusaders advertise that they take old, Antique and broken Jewelery and when you go there they tell you all your jewelry is fake gold. One is a Vintage 1916 Omega Pocket watch, 1935 Omega pocket watch, a Osco Parat 25 jewels Shockproof watch and others. But its not the first time everytime I go in there with jewels they tell me its not gold. I will not do business there soon

Desired outcome: What the use of having a desired outcome

K
3:47 am

Cash Crusaders - Poor service

I bought a laptop bag on Friday, 27th of May 2022 at Cash Crusaders Paledi Mall, and I was convinced that if I'm not satisfied with the quality I could make an exchange within seven days of purchase. So today (29th May 2022 Sunday)I went in store at Cash Crusader Paledi Mall to make an exchange ..they are now telling me that I should sell the bag to them and they will give me half price...Mind you the bag is still new I didn't even use it and I still have the receipts with me and they also agreed that they can see that it's still in it's good state but they can't make an exchange and I just bought it this last Friday, it's been 2 days now. I've attached a picture of the bag below.I'm so disappointed 😞.

8:17 am

Cash Crusaders - DXN pro usb18xlr dj controller

THE DXN PRO USB18XLR DJ CONTROLLER is not a DJ CONTROLLER as CASH CRUSADERS has advertised the product online and on the PACKAGING of the item. This is false advertising about a product that does not have the capability it is advertised and sold as. This is a complete lie on behalf of CASH CRUSADERS. A DJ CONTROLLER IS CONTROLLED BY DJ SOFTWARE WHICH IS INSTALLED ON A LAPTOP AND WHICH IN RETURN CONTROLS ALL FUNCTIONS OF THE HARDWARE(DJ CONTROLLER).

MY point is simple, how can you dop people that are new to the industry into buying a product that cannot perform the capability that it is advertised as.

I spent R2899,90 ON a PRODUCT that cannot perform the task that i intended it to perform.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a refund and for the product to be correctly labelled and advertised for its purpose and capability.

T
1:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a PS3 Controller on the 3rd of May around 09:38 the person who was helping me told me that if it doesn't work I should come back for a exchange, I then went back on the 11thth of May for a exchange cause the controller had a mechanical issue they referred me to the shop manager he told me I can't exchange they will take it for repairs cause the...

M
6:16 am

Cash Crusaders - 58 inch Dixon TV

I bought a 58 inch Dixon TV at Cash Crusaders Polokwane in July 2021. The TV started flickering with 5 months. I went to the shop to explain my problem. They said I must return the TV and they will fix it within 3 weeks.

I took the TV back the end of March 2022. I ve been waiting and every week I went to enquire and there were no reasons. They say they were waiting for the head office. But I'm surprised because I did not buy the TV from the head office. I bought my TV cash for R6600.

Last week on the 28 April I went and checked and they said I must come on the 5 May 2022. The TV has not returned from the head office. I asked for my refund, they refuse to give me refund.

What must I do

Desired outcome: A working TV or my money back, refund.

8:49 am

Cash Crusaders - Trying to locate management for cash crusaders southway mall, as I need to collect my item from them

I've pawned my laptop and it's due for collection on the 4th may, since south way mall has been flooded i'm trying to locate a whatsapp number of managers of that store please could you provide me with phone number of managers of cash crusaders from south way mall durban please. Transaction date 5th april, transaction number asto00504220015. Address of cash crusaders south way mall is, 116 seaview road, seaview durban, registration no. 2015/284611/07

Adress cash crusaders southway

Shop51, southway mall, rossburgh, durban

P
8:19 am

Cash Crusaders - Bad, service rude staff at phoenix Mt edgecombr plaza

I bought a computer screen from the with no cables, just because it was a small one, so I bought a bigger one also from cash crusaders in plaza then I decided to re sell the small one to them , the guy is asking for the caples I told him there was no cables and he said not possible,I told him he must ask jabu I was assisted by her they said won't assist me without power cable , actually I was robed of my cable I want it back ifoes not belong to cash crusaders on top of that there so rude.i Durban Mt edgecombr plaza

Desired outcome: I want my cable back I paid for it

2:58 am

Cash Crusaders - Cell phone Doogee and bad service

I bought a doogee X93 on the 31 March 2022 @ 16:45 just before they closed. On the 7 April 2022 the cell phone just went dead completly it was about 19:00 that evening.

The next morning when they opened at 09:00 I was there to report the problem and to get an exchange. They took the phone and said that they will order another one as there was no stock available.

Went back to store 2 days later and they told me phone not there yet must come back late afternoon. This has been going on for 6 days.

Yesterday when I went back one of the assistants working the till told me.

That my phone was sent in to be fixed and will only be available in 3 weeks time. I asked her but where is the order phone.But was told its out of the 7 days period and it needed to be sent in.

But was told its out of the 7 days period and it needed to be sent in.

Trying to tell them it cant be 8 days cause I was there when they opened and by showing them that phone was bought late on the 31 March 2022.

I told them my phone is my income and I hadnt had an income for a week now already.

They were so rude and unhelpfull!

I was a regular buy by this cash crusaders after this I will take my business some where else and will by word of mouth spread the word of this incident and there helpfullness to assist and to communicate .

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and a reason why they didnt even try to assist or to look at the 7 days period.

10:54 am

Cash Crusaders - Loan services

I borrowed cash against my VR 360 camera, it’s worth is R5000 and I loaned R400. Now I am unable to pay the interest to secure or even the loan amount and suggested that I then sell the item to them and they can deduct the amount I sold it to them to. They were extremely rude, didn’t even want to help or hear me - I mean if they are going to re sell my item for let’s say R2000 they would have made 4 times the amount that I owe them, and does that then not make it wrong? Because the whole point of them selling my item is to recover their money and make profit but that is way too much and I’m at a greater loss.

Desired outcome: To sell the item to Cash Crusaders minus the amount I loaned so everyone walks away happy

Z
8:16 am

Cash Crusaders - I'm not certified with the laptop and it has crackers is seems very old

I have brought an ASUS Laptop at Cash Crusader's in Welkom on the 26th of February 2022. And when I got there the lady called Tumi was assisting me. I choose the laptop and she cleaned it for me and asked me if I need a laptop bag I said yes. And I took the laptop bag and gave it to her. While I was sorting out the bill she had already packed the laptop for me. And when I arrived at my room I noticed the craks on the laptop, the laptop's name was not clear there are some letters which are not there. So on Monday I went back to the shop to tell them about the craks and tell them to give me my money back. Bt the Gentleman who was helping me there was very rude. He told me rudlyy that once I have signed the receipt it means that I appreciate the laptop as it is. So I filed a complaint against them and ever since then there is no progress.

Desired outcome: I want the company to give me my money back .I have been patient enough with them

10:28 am

Cash Crusaders - Doodgee

Can't complain about service because not getting service! Baught a doodgee S97 phone for my father's 60th birthday in December 2021, January the phone did not work due to updates not able to run! phone was send in to do update, phone returned then speaker did not work so had to send in again😡 today the cameras are full of fog/water... it's a waterproof phone so this means they broke te seal when they repaired the phone! this is unexeptable pay over R5000 for this crap!

I want the phone to be replaced

Desired outcome: Replace the phone!!!!! His a pensioner and don't have money to waste

S
6:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just have to register my dispute, dissatisfaction and seek clarity on the following issues below. 1. Why is this device still available in Cash crusaders stores as per image attached and website on link https://www.cashcrusaders.co.za/new-goods/doogee-s40-lite/stockcode13595. Without a disclosure indicating it has been discontinued and Cash crusaders it...

7:04 am

Cash Crusaders - Dixon twin-tub xb14082

I sent this item within the warranty period and was told that due to mishandling of the product I must pay for the repair. I wasn't happy with that a it wasn'tthe truth, spoke to the strore's manager who couldn't help me so I escalated to your head office who also was of no use. After months of not hearing from Cash crusaders I decided to take the machine and fix it myself. I called in and was told that the store place stole the screws that were on the item and the store was trying to charge me for screws that were already on the item. I escalated this again this time involving HelloPeter and the amburdsman someone from Cash crusaders head office by the name of Adam Mohamed said he would fix this and come back to me. It's been months I haven't heared from this person.

Desired outcome: I want a refund

K
9:29 am

Cash Crusaders - Service

I borrowed money against my laptop at Cash Crusaders The Reef. The contract was expiring on 13/02/2022 on a Sunday. I was sick on the day before and could not collect the laptop on 12/02/2022. On Sunday 13/02/2022 I was still not better and decided to send my spouse on my behalf. I first checked on the internet for the closing time. I found it to be at 16H00 on Sundays. My spouse arrived at the shop on the Sunday of 13/02/2022 around 14H00 only to find the shop closed. We then called the shop, to no avail.

Desired outcome: I need to be given an opportunity to pay for the laptop and collect it.

1 comment
Feb 18, 2022 7:05 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did you get any help?

C
8:09 am

Cash Crusaders - Faulty Television returned for repair or replacement with NO Feedback

I purchased a new television from this Cash Crusaders store at Shop 1 The Square, Rietfontein Rd Boksburg 1459 where after several months but still within the warranty period, this television started giving problems where the screen turned red when switched on.

My wife returned this faulty television packed neatly in the original product packaging box and provided the purchase slip to the store manager where a goods returned note was generated and given to my wife on the 19th of January 2022.

On Thursday the 3rd of February I called the store and asked to speak to the manager where after a few minutes the manager answered the phone and stated that she is busy and will call me back just after a few minutes.

On Saturday the 5th of February I contacted the store owner (Joe) and asked him for assistance seeming this was the 2nd time I had experienced bad and or poor client service and as such again asked for his kind assistance.

Joe then replied by having said he is on leave but would relay this request to his assistant and have the issue resolved as soon as possible.

It is now again a week later, Friday the 11th of February with still NO FEEDBACK on my initial request to find out what is going on with the faulty television issue.

It is rather sad when needing to go this direction in listing bad reviews especially after having been a loyal client and having spent over R120K with this specific store in the past.

I just want to thank Joe (the store owner) as well as the store manager (manageres) for the lack of client service and the incompetence to provide feedback to a client as well as neglecting to call back a client after having made a commitment in doing so!

Yes this is a 24" television which is not that expensive and purchased by a small individual from the normal public, however, with this being said, this does not give right nor set presidency because of this to treat any client different for such reason.

Any client who supports a store by purchasing goods there should be treated as a true client and not as a street thug!

Whoever reads this, PLEASE do think twice before shopping at this store as this might possibly just be the worst shopping experience of your life!

Shop 1 The Square, Rietfontein Rd Boksburg 1459

Without any regards

Riaan

Desired outcome: I would therefore like to request an official apology and a full refund for the faulty goods/television.It does seem like either the television is unrepairable or not yet sent for repair at all from the looks of things.

V
3:14 am

Cash Crusaders - Purchase 30l hisense microwave

On 19 December 2021 I bought this microwave, at store they told me every necessary item is inside, the plate and rotating ring. Three days after that I noticed that these are not included, I went back to Oakwood branch in Kariega, they said the rotating ring is not an additional item that is included in microwave, they only replace the glass plate, till now on being shoved from pole to post for a rotating ring which till now the 8th Feb 2022 I'm still being shoved around in store. How can u sell a product and does not know the specifications thus

Desired outcome: complete replacement microwave or my money back

M
10:11 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the 21/1/2022 my date of Pound date expired on my wedding rings. I communicated with them via whatsapp and asked for detention period on the 22st as I have been tested for Covib. As the detention period is 5day. I communicating again on the 24/1/2022 as posted my results as I have been tested positive.Informed them I won't be able to come into the store...

5:32 am

Cash Crusaders - Service from repairer and from cash crusaders three rivers vereeniging

Doogee S40 phone was sent for repairs due to speaker problem on 24 December 2021. Went to branch on 17 January 2022 to collect phone.
The assistant tested the phone in front of me and discovered the screen is broken and there is ink inside the screen. I was told I must fill in another form to send phone back to repairer so I must then wait another 4 weeks until I can come to collect which is unfair because the damage was not caused by me and why must I be punished for poor service. I need my phone for work and why should I be without a phone for another 4 weeks? Unfortunately there is no manager or responsible person at cash crusaders in Three Rivers because I was told to wait until it comes back which is unacceptable. I think my phone should be replaced.
Contact me on 067 8302 697

Desired outcome: Replace phone

Update by jvbiljon
Jan 21, 2022 3:09 am

What is the use if you have a complaints department and nobody comes back to you

A
3:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did bought a washing machine and a aircoler. When I arrived at Soneike Kuilsriver branch they just received new stock. So I ask the lady who assisted me what is the price. So se went to the back and came back with the different codes of the aircoler. So she type the codes in and she grave the different prices of the different sizes of aircoler. So I chose...

Cash Crusaders contacts