BJ's Wholesale Club Logo

BJ's Wholesale Club

Having problems with BJ's Wholesale Club?

BJ's Wholesale Club reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 22, 2007. The latest review Return of bad meat was posted on Sep 7, 2021. The latest complaint Customer Service Booth in the Store was resolved on Jul 25, 2021. BJ's Wholesale Club has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 227 reviews. BJ's Wholesale Club has resolved 11 complaints.

BJ's Wholesale Club Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 257 2582 (Member Care)
+1 866 425 7932 (Online Shopping)
+1 877 832 4888 (Tech Advisors)
+1 844 268 8093 (EASY Renewal)
+1 888 743 2735 (BJ’s Travel)
+1 800 934 1204 (Wellsley Farms / Berkley Jensen)
+1 844 700 8473 (Tire Center Customer Care)
+1 855 269 1622 (Perks MasterCard)
+1 844 271 2535 (Perks World MasterCard)
25 Research Drive
Thu9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun12:00 PM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BJ's Wholesale Club Customer Service. Initial BJ's Wholesale Club complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BJ's Wholesale Club above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BJ's Wholesale Club. Discuss the issues you have had with BJ's Wholesale Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BJ's Wholesale Club Complaints & Reviews

BJ's Wholesale ClubReturn of bad meat

On Friday 8/27 I purchased 2 packs of BB ribs from the Woodstock, GA store. That night I opened the 2 packs of ribs only to find out they were bad, such a smell I could not believe. My problem was going to the outer banks later that night and could not return the 2 packs of ribs, so I put them in the trash. When I returned on Sunday, I went to BJS with my bill to get a refund and was told by 2 managers that they would not give me a refund due to company policy. I told them how could I return the ribs if I was in the outer banks for a week, and they still said no. The two managers (Michael and Barbara). Those 2 have no customer service at all. I spent a lot of money in that store over the years, and all I wanted was my money back.

BJ's Wholesale ClubTire Service

In July 2021, I had 4 new tires installed and the tire pressure light was on after leaving the center. I reported that when they sent a review on my order. I tried to call the Tire Center in Franklin and the phone rings and rings with no one picking up, or it going into voicemail.
    It is now close to 8 weeks and the tire pressure light is still on and the customer service over there in Franklin, Ma in particular is atrocious.

BJ's Wholesale ClubTravel

Do NOT book with them! I had a vacation booked for 9/8/21 to 9/12/21 to New Orleans, but since Hurricane Ida happened, everything changed. I was able to cancel the hotel portion, but getting through to the flight assistance department is a complete nightmare! I spoke to Emma and she pretended to help me but had me on hold like a dummy for 30 minutes. Then, she said she was transferring me to a supervisor, but I ended up back in the queue. Guess who calls me back? EMMA!! The reservation said I needed to contact them in order to cancel the flight for a credit, but now she's telling me that it's non-refundable although I paid MORE to make sure that it was refundable! On hold for more than 25 minutes during the second call. This is absolutely ridiculous and they will never have to worry about me booking through them ever again.

BJ's Wholesale ClubGlasses

I lost my glasses- I went to bjs after stuck in traffic for almost one hour. I went to bjs on 20th avenue in college point. I use my glasses in the evening after work when I remove my contact lenses. The optician said he could not do it because I need a new prescription which is ridiculous since I use my glasses for a total of maybe 3 hours after work . I left extremely upset!! He lost a $300 sale. I went to cohens fashion optical and thankfully left in one hour with my new glasses . Thanks a lot bjs!

BJ's Wholesale ClubBJ's sending an incorrect report of non payment to credit score companies

Beware, this is another story of a billion dollar company screwing the little guy. I accepted a 30 day trial offer from BJ's. during the 30 days i visited
          BJ'S one time and made a minor purchase. I did not intend to become a member, so i thought that after 30 days the relationship was over. I did not realize that I had to officially notify BJ'S of this face. Then I started to receive
          bills from BJ's for member ship fees. I advised them i had no intention of joining their club. This made no difference as the continued to send me bills.
          Each time i explained the situation to them but again it made no difference.
          Today they have reported to the 3 credit score companies, claiming that i had non payment of over $800.00 in membership dues, interest and late fees.
          I never received one penny of value from BJ'S for the $800.00 plus and they never suffered a loss in the amount reported. But my credit has been negatively affected.

• Na
              Naikee Sep 17, 2021

Hi Murray! Please call me at [protected]. Thanks

BJ's Wholesale ClubDeli

8/18/2021 I was in BJ's California, Maryland. I was the third person in line. The first lady asked for cheese. The deli worker, a man moving so slow cut the cheese, weighted the cheese, and than proceeded to restack the cheese on slice at a time??? He took 12 minutes to wait on this lady and than walked to the back and stayed in the back for 4 more minutes. He then came out and walked to the bakery department. I asked if there was any other help? He looked at me with not a happy look at all. As he came back I asked again if there was anyone else working in the Deli? A lady came from the Bakery and started yelling at me that I could be nicer and stop harassing him. I said to the lady I only asked a question and if this is the way people who pay for a membership to buy in BJ's, That employees could take a little better of their customers. The lady yelled at me again??? The customer in front of me said in a very low voice, "this is the way it is all the time lately. The customer behind me also stated something to the same fact.

I am just so disappointed of the service at this BJ'S not only in this matter, but as I got to the checkout, there was another long line. One cashier, 3 down self checkout and 4 working??? Then get the door to EXIT and wait again??? Oh, by the way, When I got to the store I had to go back out on the parking lot to get a cart??? Not sure I want to be a member any longer. 20 miles down the road to BJ'S and 20 miles up the road to COSTCO. I do not have these issues when I shop at Giant, Food Lion, or Wal-Mart...

BJ's Wholesale ClubManager/ tires center

I paid $800 for four new tires one month later have a bubble on the sidewall manager dressed in drag queen clothes abusing her/his power refused me service. Call the police unbelievable I could not get them to honor my warranty. Manager was picking an argument with me over this no other manager in the store would help me no other phone number would help me. I had to go to Firestone and pay another $260 for a new tire for my own safety. They had and showed no responsibility whatsoever no compassion I am 65 years old I was scared I was upset and I was treated horribly for no reason whatsoever but this person was not ready to start their work day very unprofessional. I also have noticed with this manager four five people can be at self-served check outs lights flashing and nobody coming to help we could stand there 15-20 minutes raising our arms and nobody come to assist. The refrigerations are down constantly food dates expired on shelves never taken off. I have been a customer for 20 plus years and I could be treated with such disrespect

Aug 16, 2021

BJ's Wholesale Club — Lack of prompt customer service, malfunctioning bottle return machines

At 8:30 am this morning only one plastic bottle machine working, one can machine working and one glass return...

BJ's Wholesale ClubBerkley Jensen Montauk 5PC Fire Chat Set- Blue Item: 234316 Model: 2110_CM7 5PC-B

​Request (4531309)

I have called and written to you multiple times. I am unable to upload a PDF to this form. You can find the supporting email history, and photos were sent on 8/5/2021 to ​[protected]@bjssupport.zendesk.

Summary:
                Member number: [protected]
                Order number: [protected]
                Order date: Apr 2, 2021
                Berkley Jensen Montauk 5PC Fire Chat Set- Blue
                Item: 234316 Model: 2110_CM7 5PC-B
                This is what it includes:

​History for your reference:
                Gas Fire Pit - was delivered with a WRONG PART! The fire put is missing panel C.

We can not complete the assembly of the fire pit without panel C.

I called the Manufacturer on April 29, 2021 - and was told PANEL C was on backorder. I can only conclude that the patio set I received was intentionally delivered with the wrong panel.

Either way, as of today, 8/13/2021, I still have not received the right panel or a new firepit.

Why is this not resolved? I contacted the manufacturer and BJ's multiple times. Neither company has fixed the issue of a costly item. Very disappointing that we cannot use it for the summer months.

I have also spent a lot of time trying to resolve this issue with phone calls and emails.

I would like this resolved by one of the item numbers below. ASAP

​You may email or call me.
                Nadine Greenstein and Carol Greenstein
                [protected]
                [protected]@gmail.com

BJ's Wholesale ClubManager

I was just at the BJ's in Newburgh, NY and I witnessed one of the most hurtful belittling situations I could see. A Caucasian manager who's name tag said Melissa spoke to a African American employee like he was dirt. I didn't get to see the employee's name tag but he was really big guy. She was rude and very disrespectful. The remarks sounded very hateful and racist. With all that is going on in this country how could someone like this be employed in a neighborhood where there are predominantly African Americans? How could BJ's tolerate something like this by their management staff?

BJ's Wholesale ClubVery bad service at 2044 red lion rd Philadelphia pa 19115

I paid my all items over than $169.27, I putted bills over $157, and putted a lot coins, and coins go thought but not show on screen I called one customer service, she doesn't know how to do it, and she called another customer service came here, and she canceled my payment. The screen show I paid nothing. Then she called her manager or boss, her manager or her boss taught her control merchine and showed I only paid $2. I asked her pull out camera, they don't want. They try to cheat my money.

BJ's Wholesale ClubEasy Renewal deception - food tax

8/7/2021 - first time using cashier-less checkout. Was not aware that you are automatically charged a renewal in fine print with font colors of grey on black making it very hard to see. Cashier-less kiosks is a very busy/stressful option to make purchases and since there is only 1 real person register that is always busy, the customer has to do EVERYTHING. Looking for fine print is not an option that a customer has time for. This practice is very devious.

Would like the deceptive practice of Easy Renewal removed from the cashier-less kiosks or display a large sign in this area warning of this practice. Customer must be informed before being charged without their knowledge.

Also, was charged 2 taxes on a rotisserie chicken. I was not taxed on a previous rotisserie chicken purchase. Other stores who offer rotisserie chicken in the State of CT do not charge tax of any kind.

Please stop taxing food and follow the State of CT guidelines that only tax food eaten on the premises.

BJ's Wholesale ClubRacism

I ask for a coupon book and they gave me a book that was expired august 4th. And the manager Beth would not honor the coupon for mouthwash cause I was black. They always honor expired coupons. Why would they be giving out expired books then not honor it. Because manager Beth well she said she was the manager is a racist. I was at the bjs on 2300 w oregan ave Philadelphia pa 19145. If nothing is done I will be contacting my lawyer and filing a racism lawsuit Monday morning

BJ's Wholesale ClubBJ's AT&T retailer

On 01/03/21, I was told by an ATT rep in the BJ's club in Fredericksburg, VA that I could get 4 free iPhone 12's for $173 a month if I switched my cell service to ATT. I have been paying $277 monthly for the past 8 months when I was told it would only take 3-4 billing cycles for my quoted rate to be applied. I've complained to the store manager and AT&T and am still awaiting appropriate resolution. Again, it's been 8 months to date and this also happened to my friend who made the switch to AT&T after I told him of the great deal I was offered to switch to AT&T. He too has yet to receive his quoted rate. Very deceptive and dishonest!

BJ's AT&T retailer

Aug 06, 2021

BJ's Wholesale Club — Bakery department

The man working at the bakery department on August 6 at 2 PM really sucks. His attitude is so bad that it i...

BJ's Wholesale ClubRenewal charged, I do not have an account to renew!

My checking account was charged $58.85 for a renewal on Aug.2nd.
                            I do not have an account to renew!!! Please credit my account

Renewal charged, I do not have an account to renew!

BJ's Wholesale ClubPerson

Hello, I went today to the Brooklyn branch at gate way center. At customer service center a manager named Anita was extremely rude to me. I will no longer shop at BJs anymore. This person should not work with people. If you value your customers you will send her to better training for her attitude and customer interaction skills. I was in line and she screamed at me telling me to pay attention. I was patiently waiting after her and other employees were talking about hairstyles. I did not hear her call me. She had the nerve to tell me to listen up. Not a way to treat a loyal customer.

BJ's Wholesale ClubWellsley farms cocktail beef wrapped in pastry

We have had these many times before and always enjoyed them. The last package we bought in the beginning of July were completely tasteless and we end up throwing them away. They were frozen when we bought them and were in our freezer for about two weeks before we warmed up a few for a snack.

Very disappointed and unless there is a corrective action I won't buy Wellsley products again.

BJ's Wholesale ClubBakery order

I went to BJs on Thursday to order a cake for my mom is turning 85 and went to pick it up today Saturday and the cake was no where to be found. I didnt receive a receipt or anything as the employee told me all i had to do was give the last four digits of my cellphone that was on the order to find the cake. Anyways the cake was never found and now my mother who is turning 85 will not be getting a cake thanks to the irresponsibility of the employee at BJ who took my order. Unfortunately i didnt get her name.

BJ's Wholesale ClubCustomer service

I'm a customer at 6607 Wilson Blvd. Falls Church, VA 22044 store.
                                    It's been very uncomfortable lately at the time to leave the store. After completing the purchase, you have to be screen just in case "you are stealing merchandise" ? before you exit. Even in the middle of this pandemic, the employers put their hands on the food and products that have been paid and belong to the customer.
                                    Last night I asked the lady at the "check out" point to please, don't touch my food and she replied "do you don't know how many people touch your food before", and I use gloves... (she probably doesn't know what cross-contamination is)That's a very bad attitude. And every time you shop at the store, you have to go through that. It's a shame. And that have3 to stop.