BJ's Wholesale Club Logo

BJ's Wholesale Club

Having problems with BJ's Wholesale Club?

+1 800 257 2582 (Member Care)
+1 866 425 7932 (Online Shopping)
+1 877 832 4888 (Tech Advisors)
+1 844 268 8093 (EASY Renewal)
+1 888 743 2735 (BJ’s Travel)
+1 800 934 1204 (Wellsley Farms / Berkley Jensen)
+1 844 700 8473 (Tire Center Customer Care)
+1 855 269 1622 (Perks MasterCard)
+1 844 271 2535 (Perks World MasterCard)
25 Research Drive
Thu9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun12:00 PM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BJ's Wholesale Club.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 03, 2019

BJ's Wholesale Club — travel

We came back from out trip to Ireland. We paid extra insurance that was not covered for the Auto in Ireland...

BJ's Wholesale Clubrehiring..

Hello,
When I was 16 I was very immature and I did not recognize the importance of working and keeping a job, I left bjs without letting anyone know. Now that I am 19 I have grown up and became more mature. I feel like maybe, just a suggestion if you make a mistake when your younger you guys should reconsider hiring them if it's 3 years later, I got put out of a orientation after passing everything.

Jul 27, 2019

BJ's Wholesale Club — bakery

I ordered cake squares with blue booties on each, not difficult at all. When I got there to pick it up I had...

BJ's Wholesale Clubsoup not hot

Today (7-22-19) 4 ladies had a luncheon at the BJ's in Brea. 3 of us ordered the all you can eat soup and salad. The soup came out cold. The waitress took it back to reheat and it again came out cold. Very disappointing. We just said forget it. We paid for our salads and left. I don't understand why we couldn't get our soup hot when she tried it twice. Somethings wrong there.
    Marlene Taylor
    [protected]
    [protected]@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2019

BJ's Wholesale Club — birthday cakes

To whom it may concern, I placed 2 orders given 48 hours in advance this bjs bakery. 1st order for a full...

BJ's Wholesale Clubmanager mary at waterbury, ct store

On 06/07/19 I visited the Waterbury, CT to shop and noticed copier/scanner/fax machine for descent price. I took copier and proceeded to check out. While checking out I noticed copier machine was $20 more then I noticed on display. Pointed out discrepancy and cashier was more the helpful to get a price check. I went with customer service to point out the copier I had. Customer service agreed that there was a discrepancy in the price. We went to a manager named Mary to see if price could be adjustment because of the discrepancy. Before customer service was able to finish her sentence about the problem, manager Mary dismissed my issue and said sometimes customers swipe prices to get a cheaper bargain. I said "are you accusing me of swiping the prices." Manager Mary said nothing. I had over $200 worth of supplies at the counter. I was waiting for a price adjustment of $20. It wasn't the fact I cannot afford the $20, it was the principal. And for the manager Mary to accused me of swiping the prices I felt my character was question. Because of how I felt disrespected by manager Mary, I DIDN'T PURCHASE ANY OF THE SUPPLIES I HAD WAITING ON ME! I have been a long time member of BJ's and I like your products over the other competitors! But I'm not gonna have my character question! I deserve an apology!

manager mary at waterbury, ct store

BJ's Wholesale Clubcustomer service

I've been shopping at BJ's for years, always experiencing wonderful customer service. Today, however was a different story. The cashier threw me an attitude when I ask for a coupon book this lady with Name Jame(black lady) at the location in Gainesville, Virginia .something there Is completely wrong, when she is there for to help the costumer no for to give to the costumer a very bad attitude.

Jun 30, 2019

BJ's — customer/manager service

I've been shopping at BJ's for three years, always experiencing wonderful customer service. Today...

BJ's Wholesale Clubcustomer experience

Today I went for my first time to BJs next to my house. I am not a member but I read on BJs.com that nonmembers may shop with a One Day Pass to experience the BJs shopping for a full day, obtainable at the Member Services Desk in Club.

As a valued customer my experience at the BJ's located on 161st in the Bronx was unpleasant. I tried to request a day pass for purchases and the store manager was rude and did not provide proper customer service. When I showed the Internet page with the information she replied in a bad way that the page was not updated. I felt that I was being targeted because I am a Hispanic female. I was trying to purchase items for a church activity and the experience was truly unpleasant. I hope that this location is provided with adequate customer services training where they value customers and not deter them from shopping at their location. There are other competitors whom will gain from my purchases as I am highly disappointed with the racist treatment received.

Zulka Marzan
          [protected]

customer experience

Jun 27, 2019

BJ's Wholesale Club — patio dining set

Purchased a patio dining set on 6/26/19. Sale price $1499.99, $800.00 coupon applied making a total (before...

Jun 24, 2019

BJ's Wholesale Club — rude disrespectful staff

My Son Has A disability, he was asking for a cart from the person who greets the incoming shoppers because he...

BJ's Wholesale Clubcuba cruise

My cousin Jayme Britt book us a cruise to Cuba through his membership at BJ's. The trip was paid in full. Due to the new regulations we aren't able to go to Cuba. Jayme booked the cruise so BJ's sent him an email concerning the trip on June 5th due to his work schedule he wasn't able to react to the email in the alloted time to make changes. I was aware of what was going on concerning Cuba but I wasn't able to do anything regarding the cruise because 1 it was booked through BJ and i wasn't the primary on the cruise so BJ's wouldn't talk to me concerning the cruise. I want to take a cruise in December to replace this cruise but i cant do anything unless i go through BJ's

BJ's Wholesale Club75 inch samsung, tv advertised at 999.

looked on line @ bjs for a 75inch tv, on fathers day. found sumsung 75 inch advertised at 999. went to checkout it jumped in price by 100. called customer service, they could not give it to me at the advertised price, nor could the mans boss. i asked that i get a callback on the monday by someone who could explain why i could not have it for the advertised price/never received the call, called the customer service line, waited 20minutes and decided to get the automatic call back/never received that call. that is the hardest time i have ever had spending 1000. some of the worst customer service ever. to me its a no brainer, give it to the customer at the advertised price. I am going to have to rethink my future membership...

• Fo
                  Former BJs Employee Jun 27, 2019

Ask yourself,

Were taxes involved?
                  Were there shipping cost added?
                  Did you ask the rep to place the order for you?
                  Was the moon landing a hoax or not?

The answer to anyone of those questions could of solved your problem, and you wouldn't have to take the time out of your pathetic day to sit and write about this.

BJ's Wholesale Clubunable to establish a bj's wholesale club log-in on the store website

Today May 30, 2019 I visited the BJ's Wholesale club website to view an item that I wished to purchase. I entered all accurate information to establish a member log-in to use the website, but my membership numbers would not record in the space for membership numbers no matter what I did. I could not proceed so I called the customer service phone number [protected]. I was told the wait time was two minutes, however I held on the line for 20 minutes and was not connected to an agent. I established a live chat and that became disconnected. I called the customer service phone # again and I was told wait time is two minutes, then a skip in the recording told be 81 minutes. A second chat was established chatting with Brittanny who said that she could help me establish a log-in but then she ignored the chat for 20+ minutes. I have never encountered such indifference to customers in all my 30+ years working in retail as an employee or shopper. It is no wonder that stores are closing in historic numbers and I am witness of it with every terrible customer service experience like this one. Shame on BJ's for mistreating customers. An insulted and angry customer is a former customer. A live person at a BJ's store approx. 50 miles from my home answered a question for me about the item being in stock that I wished to purchase. I told the associate how much I appreciated his help. Great service needs to be acknowledged just as much as bad service needs to be reported. BJ's corporate phone number automated system plays in a riddle where it doesn't connect to a live person or give the option to speak to someone.

BJ's Wholesale Clubcustomer service

5-21-19 - I have been trying to get a representative on the phone since 2:23 pm est to discuss membership issue. I first called and was told the following hold times 52 minutes, 52, 43, 23, 58. Mindy answered the call and apparently she could not hear me. She remained on the line for over 2 minutes as I continued to ask "can you hear me?' She then hung up.

I called back and asked for return call and I would not loose my place in line. Still have not received a return call so I called back and have been told the following wait times in the following order...2 minutes, 32, 27, 24, 8, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 47, 61, 46, 43, 54, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 50, 319, 339

The time in between the announcing of wait time is 3 minutes. In just my second phone call alone I waited 99 minutes.

After hearing that the wait time was now over 300 minutes, I have decided to try tomorrow, or hopefully get a returned call that I have now requested 2 times.

I would like my membership issue addressed, an apology and possibly a gift card that would show they value me as a customer, and to compensate me for the ridiculous time I have wasted. I would also like for them to examine their systems of customer service so this does not happen to anyone again! Thank you.

• Updated by Marti Walton · May 21, 2019

Please see customer service complaint

• Updated by Marti Walton · May 23, 2019

You are ignorant and rude...Don't you have anything better to do with your time your time than getting involved in everyone's business. I am sure you do not have a job so why don't you volunteer at you local homeless shelter or support the LGBTQ community.

basefistrotten May 21, 2019

You are not entitled to a gift card. Stop being greedy. If you cannot afford to shop there then don't. NO need to beg for a gift card. You are not entitled to one.

basefistrotten May 23, 2019

You liar. I do have a job. Mommy needs to give you a good slap across the face and take away your internet. Maybe if you had a job you would not need to beg for a gift card. This is a public forum. You want to post on a public forum then expect people to tell you off. You are being greedy.

Marti WaIton May 23, 2019

@basefistrotten DO not talk about that woman. I no longer consider her my mother. [protected] 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

You see one day i needed to borrow money. I was not working and broke. Yeah I have no job. I was living with her. My father died. She refused to give me money. I just wanted to go out drinking with my friends. Well she said I drink too much. TO make a long story short. I had to use force to get money from her . She ended up in the hopital. Serves her right. She is no mother to me since she pressed charges. How can a "mother press charges against her own child.Please do not bring her into this. Now because of her I have to live in a shelter. I have to move from shelter to shelter because they only allow people to stay for 6 months to a year. Some of them have stupid rules as no alcohol. Shut up.

basefistrotten May 23, 2019

@Marti WaIton Trolling on a new account I see. You are also send me private messages about how you beat little children for fun. Get help.

• Fo
                      Former BJs Employee Jun 27, 2019

I used to work with BJs and there's nothing more that we hate like a greedy entitled person calling and complaining and then demanding a gift card.

And the funny part is that we actually like giving away the gift card. But let me tell you this, the best way to NOT get a gift card is to DEMAND IT FROM US. If you were having an issue, I'm sure that 99.99% of it could be resolved in a nearby club (store). If we say we can't hear you, it simply means that WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!

What I learnt from custOmer service is that although everything might not go correctly with the service you receive, the best way to get your issues resolved is to be polite, respectful and DO NOT DEMAND. Who knows, if i had gotten you, i could of even given you a whole year membership free, get you a sweet looking gift card or awards on your membership and get your local club manager so they can help you out too (bearing in mind that they can give you a lot more than I can since they're the manager).

BJ's Wholesale Clubbj's hr dept in pelham and gm alec

My nephew interviewed for Recovery position at Pelham Manor store. Having disability, HR left me waiting and waiting and waiting. My uncle helped me find GM on floor. He took me. Upstairs HR had him speak to an African American candidate first. I was there where before individual. The whole thing was handled unprofessionally and with some discrimination. That is why BJ's main office has been made aware of entire interview.
                    My family is large. My company is very large. We are all boycotting BJ's based on this matter. This young man was definitely qualified for a part time position. Email sent was rejection for Bakery clerk. He interviewed for stock and recovery.
                    I was shocked to see how poorly HR was run and then young man with disability was told to wait for GM. GM had no idea he waiting. It was bad and anyone would of felt bad for how BJ's treated individual with disability. My family, friends and company will not be giving BJ's any business in the near future. If you have questions, please contact me at [protected]. The candidate was Christopher Colon. I am sorry to say this but how HR ladies and GM got to those positions, shocks me based on how non articulate they were and how little they cared for BJs and young man with disability.

• Updated by steve2222091 · May 10, 2019

Store should be embarrassed.
                        Office of civil rights were told of young man with disability

• Updated by steve2222091 · May 10, 2019

call me [protected] if you want more details. Young man should of been offered job. Disability or not.
                        My large family and company will never spend a cent in BJs again.

BJ's Wholesale Clubcalled about not getting my books

I'm on hold with bjs customer service at this moment & have been on hold waiting for a supervisor for over 15 min. I've called 3 times in 7months about not getting my coupon book. I get told by customer service that maybe it's been stolen from my mailbox. But my neighbor gets her books, so does my front neighbor and my cousin down th me street as well gets his books...wouldn't a lot more books be missing then just mines? Come on now that's a really bad rebuttal to use. Called customer service and got told the same crap, got the same run around, got told that a supervisor was not available... I'm still on hold currently too. Asked the employee for her employee ID and name and was give a 12 number ID. She said her name was Felisa, she suggested I use the online coupons, and I was like ok I can do that, but will I still be able to get the book. I like the book better, it's more convenient for my life and she guaranteed me that I would get my coupon books. I'm still currently on hold been on hold for 27 min now...when I asked for her name and employee ID she started laughing. And I told her in a month I don't get my books I want to know who to point the finger at. She continued to laugh &. I told her I do the same thing for a living and her customer service skills sucked...I work in a call center. It never took me 27 minutes to get my supervisor to attend to a customer. I would of been fired if took a customer complaint like a joke. ...customer service came on the line, they can't find a supervisor and what she can do is send an email to her supervisor to give me a call back! 😂😂😂 the worst customer service ever total of 29min, 27 on hold, & there are no customer service supervisor that can take a call and all I wanted was my coupon book. Won't be shopping there for awhile, just feel like it's not worth it.

called about not getting my books

BJ's Wholesale Clubbj’s online coupons not deducting when item is purchased

This was my second time, that I had to go to the customer service counter to have coupons I clipped on the BJ's website did not deduct off my bill, when I actually purchased the exact item listed. I thought this happened in the past, but didn't have time to go stand in the customer service line. The last two times I shopped, I brought up the clipped coupon on my phone, took a picture of them as I purchased each item so I could track to be sure the coupons came off my bill. Last time, it was 14.50 of coupons that did not come off my bill, today it was 6.75. What about the times I didn't catch it. If you advertise to clip coupons on your website and say they will deduct automatically, why is it not working. The customer service staff have to look up each item on the receipt, be sure it matches what is in the cart, then look in a coupon book to cut out the coupon in order to give me the dollars due. Time in which I did not plan on spending at the customer service counter (girl working there was asked a question by the associate taking care of me was also very rude). My time and money is very important to me! When I asked why the coupons didn't deduct, no one knows the answer. How many customers are using the website to clip coupons, and not getting the credit and do not realize it, looks like big bucks in BJ's pocket. I did not clip the coupons same day either. If your website doesn't work for clipped coupons, do not offer it, so customers are not being ripped off.

BJ's Wholesale Clubberkley, jensen alum. foil

We have been using this brand for years and love it, we recently purchased 4 rolls of 250sf. rolls 12 inch and have nothing but trouble with the ends ripping off when we roll it out, then we have to take a knife to the end of the roll and cut portion still left on the roll to start again. Guess I will be looking for another brand ! Thank you Dallas Reynolds

4/26/219

I order a television online on April 22. I received the television via UPS on 4/24 and the television was damaged. (the screen was busted) I called BJ's customer service immediately but there were closed as it was after business hours. I then call the next morning to report my broken television. The representative stated that someone will be here to pick the item up and that I would receive my refund within 5 days from today. She also informed me to wait for an email to confirm everything that she stated. I received the email and it said that I had to print a return label and then get the refund 5-7 days after the television was received in the. I was ok with that even though it wasn't what I was told. Then all of a sudden, I receive a notice that the return has been cancelled. I called and got rep Margot, I explained the situation and she placed me on hold for at least 20 minutes. During my hold time, I searched for this complain form and filled it out. The "supervisor" Amy stated that sh is going to re open my return case and Fed EX will pick it up from my home. To be continued... Very poor customer service.

customer service

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices