Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Unauthorized Charges BJ's Wholesale Club unauthorized bj membership automated renew

BJ's Wholesale Club review: unauthorized bj membership automated renew

N
Author of the complaint
12:49 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have found in our bank account today that there is a pending charge of our membership renew fee on our credit card. As your staff didn't ask us and of course we didn't consent to authorize this automated renewing when we were in BJ store in yesterday, we called your store today for asking you to withdraw this charge on our credit card, but she refused to do so. Because our home policy is not to allow the business or store to use this kind of automated renew to access our credit account, we had to call our credit company to dispute this unauthorized charge on our credit card. We would like to be the BJ member but we don't like what your store did, to force our membership automatically with even letting us know first, this time.in general, we like your customer support in the store, but this time, your staff attitude isn't very good and was not helpful at all. After we told her that we didn't consent this charge or give BJ any authorization to do automated renew membership, she just would not listen and refused to withdraw this credit card charge and told us to complain to the BJ just like she is not a BJ staff (I did asked her if she was not BJ staff while I had already complained to her?). And she threatened us that she will report this incident to her manager, like we are bad customers. Without our consent, this automated membership renew charge is like forcing the membership and rob our money. So, I would like to make this complaint to you and we may report this incident to the government authorities.

5 comments
H
Apr 14, 2022 7:44 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yes! They did this to me too! I never set Auto-renew, and never would! I got email saying they would resolve/refund me, but a week later, and still NOTHING! It’s fraud!

P
Mar 02, 2022 12:23 pm EST

Bj's did the same to me. I logged onto my online banking only to find a pending charge from Bj's for an unauthorized automatic renewal fee deducted from the account 22 days earlier than the membership set to expire. This is fraud because I never gave them permission to store my debit card information for any reason. Had I used cash to purchase the initial membership they would not have been able to store any banking information. There needs to be a class action suit against Bj's because this is a fraudulent practice. And imposing an inconvenience of having to make calls in an attempt to be refunded is time consuming and time is money.

H
Mar 01, 2022 8:14 pm EST

Same here. I just see a pending charge on my credit card without my permission from bj for membership renewal. They did it last year, we had to go to the store to cancel it. Well BJ do it again this year. That's is the end of BJ. This is fraud and BJ means to do that to all their members.

S
Feb 28, 2022 11:41 am EST

I also was put on auto renewal WITH OUT my permission I don’t think that BJ has the right to do that I don’t know how much the charged this is not right

E
Feb 01, 2022 1:47 pm EST

I have the same concern. I was enrolled in auto renew WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I consider this fraud because they renew you 1 month before your membership expiration dat. Costco here I come.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

316 complaints