Menu
BJ's Wholesale Club
reviews & complaints

BJ's Wholesale Club
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

315 complaints
12 resolved 303 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of BJ's Wholesale Club. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
5:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Got a case of water today and the water smells terrible

11:54 am EDT

BJ's Wholesale Club - phone system runaround

3/16/22 11:35am. I wanted to order tires and set up appt as when at tire place the men were too busy, I was patient ( only had one person they were helping) and suggested I order online and sched appointment. I was trying to call the club to see how long for tires to order to sched appt, the phone automated and hold was a mess, then i hung up after 9 minutes. There is a lot of other places to go, so I am done with runaround. I work very hard for my money and my time is precious, just wanted service.

11:00 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

BJ's Wholesale Club - Optical Department and General Inability to Contact Customer Service

The customer service at the Madison Heights, MI is not good. My husband and I have been in store, a number of times and the Optical Department is always roped off. I call and there is no answer - ever. I called today (Sunday) and was told they were open and I said no one answers the phone and did I need an appointment since no one is ever there. She said no, it is staffed every day, but if it is roped off it is because they are in the back doing examinations. I asked to speak to someone there and she put me on hold for 10 minutes, another customer service rep picked up and told me they are closed.

So, I am no longer interested in getting my glasses through BJ's, in fact I am no longer interested in being your customer. Any company that makes it this difficult to address something this easy, must have many customer services complaints and an inadequately trained staff to address it.

Sorry we bothered you to ever become a customer/member.

Desired outcome: That is perfect, REALLY - your response "The company can't read your mind and..." that really does sound like one of your highly educated, dedicated customer service representatives.

1:06 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was so embarrased this cookie cake was for a Birthday, and it tasted like card board and was STALE! this was in Fredericksburg VA on 3/8/22 4:00 3985 PLANK ROAD FREDERICKSBURG,VA [protected] CLUB 69 3/8/22

B
8:41 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We starting to buy these because of the value. We've been buying them for the last several years. However, most recently we are getting wipes just shoved in the package, literally crumpled in the package like they were an afterthought. Also, they no longer feed the next wipe up. They used to be semi - thick and very comfortable to use. Now they are...

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We are members of BJ,s club located in Burlington N.C. Our customer number [protected]. We are happy to be members of this club. We left another wholesale club to join BJ,s. However when we made a furniture purchase that included a 3 piece recliner set a couch, a loveseat, and a recliner it was missing arms on the couch. We made the online purchase in...

9:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Placed an order on February 21, 2022 online four for Goodyear tires to be installed on February 25, 2022. I received a phone call a few hours before my scheduled appointment stating the tires are not available and they cannot give me an estimated time of arrival nor a tracking number for delivery, as FedEx is unpredictable with their shipments. I’ve made...

C
4:06 pm EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Return policy

Elder neighbor ordered dishes on-line. One plate broken. Called local store to request shipping label for return. Evening manager couldn't help. GM was not available then or next day. Whoever neighbor finally talked to refused shipping label and stated neighbor had to bring entire box to local store for refund/replacement. Neighbor is using a walker to get around so this was not an option.

Policy states: To return an eligible item purchased on BJs.com, you may return it in-Club or log into your online account and create a return.

Deplorable customer service and makes me very happy I do not have a membership.

Desired outcome: Ensure in store staff is aware of return policies as they apply to mail order and not stress out elder customers.

5:58 am EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Wellsley farms. Organic 2% reduced fat milk

Wellsley farmas. Organic 2% reduced fat milk
On 2/13/22 I bought 2 boxes of this milk with an expiration date in March, and when I was cooking this it was sour and smelly, I had to throw it down the sink this morning, and it's not the first time this has happened. they are 2 times with today, this is disgusting and theft that they do to the consumer by selling bad products, look for other companies that sell better eating products before they kill someone with this.

Desired outcome: I want a refund of the value of two cases of milk, I bought this at BJ"S Danvers MA

9:27 am EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Unauthorized credit card transaction

UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD PAYMENT REFUND

Member #[protected]

I Michelle Joiner did not authorize BJ's to charge $110 to my credit card for a renewal membership on 2/2/22. Initially on 2/2/22, I went to BJ store to request a refund; however, I was instructed to call 800 # and have 5 times since then to request my refund. Each time a representative said my money would be refunded within 7-10 days. I have not received my $110 refund, as promised to-date 2/18/22. This is a terrible ongoing customer experience having to speak with rep's and given excuses every time. Please Refund my money, as requested. I have been taken advantage of. No one emailed me, called me, to ask if I would like to keep membership. No one asked if I was a satisfied customer of BJ's, I thought customer service would be Important to your company. Make amends and Refund my money $110.00. My employer has thousands of employee's and I signed up through the corporate account. My employer needs to know BJ's does not care about customers and has taken advantage of me.

[protected]

[protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: Receive my $110.00 credit card refund

L
10:30 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I am a customer that recently was at your B.J.'s store on 02/11/[protected]@ your Seekonk, MA store. I want to tell you that your manager and other employees at the store treated me like a 2nd class individual; I truly felt that they did not want me there like I was bothersome when I had a concern. I was ringing up my purchase at the check out because I am...

J
7:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased the 26 oz bag of Cashews and it has a best buy date of 08/23/2022. When I opened the bag the nuts tastes spoiled and had a rancid oily taste. It was purchased January 31, 2022 and the bar code is [protected].

Z
11:51 am EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Cashier 210696 BJ's Wholesale club 7007 SW 117th Ave Miami Fla phone [protected]

Good Morning,

I've been shopping at BJ's for many years and have never been treated so badly. All the employees in the past have been professional and have never ever used a rude attitude until cashier 210696 on 02/07/2021. She kept saying very sternly "Why did you press enter for the credit card application?" Over and over. I repeated over and over " I thought the debit machine was asking to confirm my email." She even went as far to go behind the plastic face divider to get in my face. I did not appreciate that at all, especially in a time of CV-19.

She also kept looking at her phone which caused my transaction to cancel while using my debit card. I even said to my husband "Why

does she keep staring at her cell phone. If a customer takes time to write about their customer experience, it must have been a very bad experience. I wish to remain enormous and do not want her to have my private information. The time of this transaction was 4:41 pm.

A very dissatisfied customer :(

Desired outcome: Please ask the employee to just be nice to people. That's all I'm requesting.

12:43 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Martin my coworker is doing drugs and I don't feel safe at home so I kicked him out of my house now I'm worried he will act crazy at work please if there's anything someone can do about this I need this done now... I'm worried about my safety and I'm worried about my kid's safety, I don't want him to do anything crazy when I get my kid back at my house

5:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I will try to make a long story as as short as possible. My name is Elena Picarello My family and I booked a cruise with BJS travel, 3 Cabins were reserved. Deposits were paid, final payments were due Jan 11th 2022. After speaking with our agent we were informed that because the cruise line was reviewing our points that final payment would be...

10:45 am EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - keepos antipasto salad

I bought 2 keepos antipasto salads on 1/20/22. When I went to open one that night I noticed the mushrooms had mold growing on them, Checked 2nd one and it also had mold growing on them. Checked the expiration date bbi mar-25-2022.Took back to howell store and got my money back. They checked the ones on the shelf and one had mold on the mushrooms also. I have been buying 2 packs for years and now I'm wondering how much mold I've eating from this product. I tried to find Keepos E Mail address to complain to them but can't find it.

Update by Don Andretta
Jan 22, 2022 10:49 am EST

I should not have to do quality control on my own.

9:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

During my visit today to the store at 4201 Wholesale Club Dr., Baltimore, MD 21236 I felt very disappointed. There were two cashiers open all others were self checkout stations. The first issue is that none of the self checkout stations had the gun to scan the products. I use that option because with the pain I live with in my shoulders lifting is difficult...

9:09 am EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Fraud

I received an fraud alert from my financial institution 1/1/22 at 08:01
For the amount of $ 55.00 for a membership renewal for BJ's wholesale club.
The fact that is I have never been a member nor have I signed up for a membership with BJ's.
I discovered while speaking with my financial institution this is not the first time that a charge has appeared on my card for a membership renewal I was charged last year 1/1/2020 for a renewal. I contacted BJ's customer service and was told that the information was taken from my bank card at I shopped as a guest and used to renew the person that I shopped with as their guest.
I informed the person whom I was a guest shopper with and was informed that she paid for her membership for 2020 . My concern is how it possible for this company to access my account to renew someone else membership? How many others have had unauthorized charges taken out of their account to pay a renewal fee for a membership that they never subscribe for?
Is this legal?

Desired outcome: I would like to receive a refund for the 2020 charge of $ 55 due to the time to dispute the changes with my financial institution has expired.

6:16 pm EST

BJ's Wholesale Club - Denied service

Short black light skin lady with short hair act as if she didn't know between 8a-9a first responders and healthcare workers can shop without membership and Also can get 4 month membership she didn't allow us go in and she Ned be fired she's y knowledgeable and also asked for a manager she needs to be removed from her job she was the worsted employee I ever meant a straight you know what I hated here once seen how she was when looked at here I read here exactly corrrct

Desired outcome: See her fired immediately for denying customers service

Dec 26, 2021 6:16 pm EST

Short black light rskin lady with short hair act as if she didn’t know between 8a-9a first responders and healthcare workers can shop without membership and Alison can get 4 month membership she didn’t allow us go in and she Ned be fired she’s y knowledgeable and also asked for a manager she needs to be removed from her job

12:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The tire department at your Bj's locations need at least two people working; I purchased my tires from Bj's and for months have been trying to get an appointment to have the tires rotated. I have spoke to the manager on duty and still have not been able to get an appointment.

BJ's Wholesale Club contacts