Menu
reviews & complaints
Avis company logo

Avis

25 Bowery Bay Blvd, Flushing, NY, 11371, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Working hours
Sun
ComplaintsBoard
M
3:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis - LaGuardia Shuttle Service

I reserved an avis car from 9/6/23 through 9/10/23. Arriving at the airport I waited 30 minutes to get a shuttle to take me to avis. Even though I called and asked when the shuttle bus will come by, but it never did. Ultimately, a budget truck saw me waiting and offered to leave me in front of avis. Returning to the airport (LGA), the drop off location was not properly marked, and local attendants were too preoccupied on their cell phones to realize a line was forming in the wrong location. After dropping off the car and waiting in a random location with another group of people for 15 minutes, an attendant finally called for a shuttle bus. The shuttle bus attendant did not ask or inform any of us of any process by which stops are made. I was traveling with an elderly person who needed to use a bathroom urgently and the shuttle bus attendant did not stop at our terminal and returned to the car rental garage. I asked the bus attendant why he did not stop at the terminal and he said, "you did not tell me you needed to go there". Traveling with an elderly person requiring assistance, and potentially missing my flight, this response enraged me given he had never said anything previously. I spoke to the manager of the LGA avis location on 9/10/23 who insisted I order an uber. I will never rent from this company as a result of this interaction and have informed my company to cancel our relationship with avis.

Desired outcome: In terms of priority: •Terminate the driver of the shuttle bus. •Obtain a formal apology from the avis manager •refund full avis reservation

Read full review of Avis