Having problems with MetaBank?

MetaBank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 10, 2008. The latest review All Access Account card -strangers name with my address was posted on Sep 29, 2021. The latest complaint card.com premium was resolved on Sep 01, 2021. MetaBank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 70 reviews. MetaBank has resolved 20 complaints.

MetaBank Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 550 6382 (Cards And Accounts)
+1 866 559 5037 (Personal / Business Banking)
+1 605 692 2314 (Brookings, SD)
+1 515 288 4866 (Des Moines - Highland Park)
+1 515 274 9674 (Des Moines - Ingersoll Ave.)
+1 605 338 0059 (Sioux Falls, SD)
+1 605 977 7500 (Sioux Falls - S. Minnesota Ave.)
+1 605 336 8900 (Sioux Falls - West 12th St.)
+1 712 732 4117 (Storm Lake, IA)
+1 712 732 6655 (Storm Lake Plaza)
+1 515 309 9800 (Urbandale, IA)
+1 515 226 8474 (West Des Moines, IA)
5501 S Broadband Ln
Brookings, SD
600 Main Ave., P.O. Box 98, Brookings, SD 57006

Des Moines - Highland Park
3624 Sixth Ave., Des Moines, IA 50313

Des Moines - Ingersoll Ave.
3455 Ingersoll Ave., Des Moines, IA 50312

Sioux Falls, SD
4900 S. Western Ave., P.O. Box 520, Sioux Falls, SD 57108

Sioux Falls - South Minnesota Ave.
2500 S. Minnesota Ave., P.O. Box 520, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Urbandale, IA
4848 86th St., Urbandale, IA 50322

West Des Moines, IA
3448 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MetaBank Customer Service. Initial MetaBank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MetaBank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MetaBank. Discuss the issues you have had with MetaBank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MetaBank Complaints & Reviews

MetaBankAll Access Account card -strangers name with my address

I am in the process of selling my house. I have moved to a new home but check my locked mailbox for mail that hasn't been forwarded yet. I found an envelope from meta-bank with someone else's name on it and the address of the house I am in the process of selling. I suspect fraud. The name associated with my address of 6017 Cedar Bend Dr., Clarkston, MI, 48346 is Nakeyia Wyche.
The card has not been activated, thankfully. I tried contacting meta-bank by phone but could not get through their voicemail with out a Social Security number that matches the one probably used by the applicant, Nakeyia Wyche.

All Access Account card -strangers name with my address
All Access Account card -strangers name with my address

• MetaBank's response · Sep 30, 2021

Metabank has come upon a post of yours regarding an issue you are having. We are financial services company and bank that sponsors prepaid debit card companies, tax companies, and some business banking products through other companies and divisions. We cannot assist you through email, and we would like to speak to you to help you with your inquiry and determining what type of account you have and get you to the proper company or team that has access for that account for assistance with your issue. Please call [protected] Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM CST to speak with a representative, and we will try to assist.

MetaBankUnauthorized credit record inquiry

NOTICE OF INTENT

I received a notice of a loan denial that I did not initiate, and should the results of this loan denial be posted on my credit record it must be removed within 24 hours or I will initiate claim for damages in the amount of 500, 000.00
    I want a confirmation this info has been removed or I will initiate the claim under Negligence, Fraud, Abuse of Process, and Punitive Damages

MetaBankNetspend all access account

I keep receiving cards at my address for numerous individuals. My address has obviously been compromised. I have called customer service numerous times with no resolution. I am not able to connect with an actual person and have tried numerous numbers attempting to connect with the MetaBank Fraud Dept (that you are legally required to have as a financial institution).

I am requesting that Metabank remove my address from their servers and from their approved affiliates servers immediately. If I do not hear back, my next step is to call the FDIC Fraud and Abuse Section.

MetaBankcard.com premium

i setup up my deposit to go into my card.com premium account which is partnered with meta bank . Meta bank provided card.com premium the routing and account number. MAY 10, 2021 I have court for traffic tickets the judge sentenced me . i was released JULY 25, 2021 FROM COUNTY JAIL. I got my mail that builded up while i was locked up . i was trying to get into my card.com premium account i was unable to log in . i emailed card.com premium to assist in geting into my account they ignored me and never responded . i tried to call them to let them know i didnt receive my debit card and i cant log in my account. card.com premium system by phone didnt have my information correct so i couldnt get throw the zipcode was not matching . at the point i knew it was changed . July 28th i finally was able to talk to someone i found out my money was stolen out my account home address has been changed pin number has been created . by me not knowing the address it was changed to and me never receiving the debit card.com premium requested my identification documents to verify me before correcting address and sending me a card. july 28th 2021 i also filled and returned dispute form . august 10, 2021 my dispute was denied . august 10 2021 i filed a police report and sent to card.com premium and asked them to reopen my disput e . the provided me a denial with little to no explanation and no investigation material to show why i was denied . so i was robbed 10, 053.00 dollars and car.com failed to keep my money safe.

card.com premium

• MetaBank's response · Sep 02, 2021

MetaBankI never received my 2nd and 3rd stimulus

IRS told me there was nothing they could do to help they advised to contact Metabank. Metabank was no help in trying to help they kept transferring me around different departments. One customer representative took my banking and routing number and social security information just to tell me she couldn't help and was transferring me to a different department. I am concerned about my bank account and identity

• MetaBank's response · Aug 31, 2021

MetaBankFraud

2 of my unemployment checks were stolen from my direct deposit checking account and hijacked into 3 different MetaBank accounts, all with the same routing information.
            I have the routing information and the last 4 digits of 3 account numbers that were used.
            My main question is whether or not anyone at MetaBank can assist with the recovery of these funds.
            I didn't know if you have some kind of insurance that protects people like me when something like this happens.
            Unfortunately, the $980.00 that was stolen from me is a critical amount of money that I need to survive the remainder of this Pandemic.
            Please advise.
            Please leave me a voicemail if u call and I am unable to answer.
            Denice Nelson

• MetaBank's response · Aug 19, 2021

• La
                Laurie Fesler Aug 25, 2021

Well, I'm having the same struggles with my account at MetaBank, NetSpend pre paid card. I have been with you quite a few years now, and the run around I'm receiving is very disturbing. I would like a number to the investigation team. To many red flags, and obviously someone there isn't doing their job. My account was fraudulently hacked into, and I need answers! I'm can't expect to be happy about this situation. I don't want to talk with an agent, I want manager attention. [protected].

MetaBankNot receiving payment through h&r block emerald card

I have been given a run around for 8 MONTHS about where my third stimulus payment is. H and r block said they sent me a card and I never received it. I reported that I never got it so I was told to go get a new one and I have been going through so many different hoops trying to get what is OWED to me. It is sitting in an account with my name on it. I have spoken with the U.S. Treasury Department, the IRS and H and R Block. I need you to release MY MONEY FROM THAT account and put it on the current card that I have. I am losing everything. I have no way of catching up. This was supposed to help me out a long time ago that is why the government did it. I am very upset and frustrated with this company. Thank you. My name is Glenn Parton. My phone number is [protected]. Email is [protected]@yahoo.com

Meta BankMastercard international

Eu, Lino Costa Nôga natural e residente no Brasil, Recebi um cartão Mastercard de número [protected] com uma quantia referente à indenização da Telexfree americana com uma quantia de $2000 mil dólares quando na verdade deveriam me pagar $5000 mil dólares
                Atualmente tenho a quantia de $144, 20 dólares e o cartão não está passando nos lugares onde eu costumava comprar e nem lugar nenhum
                Quero saber oq está acontecendo e resolver essa situação pois estou Mt insatisfeito cm os serviços Mastercard
                Quero saber se bloquearam meu cartão e por qual motivo e exijo o desbloqueio

Meu contato é 55 84 [protected]
                E-mail; [protected]@gmail.com

Desde já agradeço a atenção

• MetaBank's response · Jul 28, 2021

Gracias por contactar a MetaBank, N.A. Somos una compania de servicios financieros, patrocinador de companias de tarjetas de débito prepagadas, Sistema de Transferencia Bancaria de Reembolsos para los impuestos, y algunos productos de negocios bancario a través de otras compañías y divisiones. Este sitio sirve a esos clientes comerciales, no de consumidores individuales.

No podemos encontrar una cuenta MetaBank N.A. real bajo la información que usted proporcionó en su correo electrónico. Si usted tiene una tarjeta de débito prepagada, el sitio web correcto para su tarjeta no es MetaBank.com. Usted necesitaría iniciar sesión en el sitio web en la parte posterior de su tarjeta o llamar al número en la parte posterior de su tarjeta como MetaBank N.A. no tiene acceso a su cuenta directamente.

Su compañía de tarjeta puede ayudarle con preguntas específicas sobre el uso de su tarjeta, los reajustes de PIN/problemas, los honorarios, el reemplazo de su tarjeta, fraude/conflictos, expiración, o transacciones en su tarjeta. Sólo su compañía de tarjeta tiene acceso a su cuenta y mantienen su propio sitio web y proporcionan todo el servicio al cliente para su tarjeta.

Si tiene preguntas adicionales o necesita asistencia adicional, nuestro equipo en los sistemas de pago de meta puede ayudarle a obtener el número de teléfono correcto para llamar al servicio de atención al cliente para su tarjeta. Podemos llegar a [protected]. Estamos disponibles de lunes a viernes de 8:00 am a 5:00 PM (CDT).

Gracias

Servicio al cliente de MetaBank, N.A.

Jul 11, 2021

MetaBank — Unauthorized account activity

On 12/20, TIF, (Veteran Organization) awarded me a $300. On 7/9/21, I tried to use the card and it wa...

MetaBankMore than one card

Kevona Penn 10/26/1989 8681
                  3013 Main st apt.2 washougal WA 98671
                  I want every card under my information cashed out an sent to my address... As well as signed off when delivered... Thanks to your employees I will never bring my money to your bank again. I know my balance on each card i have a stck of them here. This has upset me enough to want to file papers in court. Please make sure my request is done asap.

MetaBankNorwegian Cruise Line Gift Cards

I have three (3) NCL Gift Cards that we received in April 2000 and were supposed to use them on our cruise in May 2020. Due to the pandemic this was not possible for over 14 months. We are now in the process of using them for a new cruise and have found out the MetaBank has charged a $3.00 a month Dormancy Fee. This is not fair since we were unable to use them due the pandemic. Each card was charged $21.00 per card. We would like that amount credited back yo the following cards:
                    [protected] (809)

168 Rim Lane
                    Hicksville, NY 11801

Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Cards

Mar 20, 2021

MetaBank — NetspendDebit card account closed with my $1439.00 in it!

The Corporate branch in Austin TX. Closed my card when I called to complain about my new card on 3/17/2021...

MetaBankElite paychek plus debit card

My checking account has been frozen since February 1st 2021. When I call to ask why they say that they can't tell me. I have had this card for at least 10 years. They do not communicate at all. I have my account set up to receive email and text alerts and have got nothing from them. When I talked to the rep's I can barely understand them and I am put on hold for up to 45 minutes. When I called Metabank directly, they never did pick up. waited an hour 3 different times. This has caused a lot of stress especially now with this covid. Just need a new card or something so I can pay bills.

P.S. Did send them a letter also on 02/16/2021 never heard anything back

MetaBankFlare account

I had a flare account and on feb.10, 2021 it was hacked and by feb 12.2021 my account was in the negative 12, 400 gone. I didnt spend that money and if they would look at my spending history they would see I never bought one item over 1000 until last month jan. 29 I spent 2500 at mccartney nissian a down payment on a car for my daughter. Everything else is in the hundreds please look at my payment history from feb.10 and go back 3, 5, 7, years and you will see no big purchases of 4, 5, thousand dollars after looking at my transition history you will see that my account was hacked and I can receive my money back

MetaBankTransaction return

I had a Return Transaction with Auto zone and the money was never applied back to my card. The transaction number from the merchant was not processed to make the transaction and a represenation said the transaction number was not physical and that means they cant see the transaction number all they are seeing is that a return was made for the amount, but the amount was not processed with the a transaction number to apply the money back onto the card.

in order for the transaction to fully go through you have to have the transaction number from the merchant to the banking company in order for the return and they don't or you don't have that number for that process to take place on a NETSPEND Debit Mastercard. In the amount of $18.00 Name: Dontae Satchel

MetaBankDirect deposit

My money is showing it was deposited on February 12th, which means it should have came the 10th or 11th because of the 2 days early thing. I still don't have my money & it's the 15th. They are saying they can't look up direct deposit info. Yall are handling peoples money. That should not be allowed or accepted. It almost sounds illegal for them not to have this info. I just want my money released immediately.

MetaBankpayment card

I did receive a stimulus check. After calling the IRS helpline (spoke with representative #[protected]) I was told a bank card had been mailed to my old address. I was instructed to call Metabank at [protected] and explain my card was lost / misplaced. I called Metabank and was not given an option to speak with a representative. My call was dropped when I could not provide card information. Very disappointed.

Dec 10, 2020

MetaBank — Hold harmless/ indeterminfi

My name is Robert Pierre and I am the owner of JPENTERPRICE LLC. EFIN#652630. Around February 2020 my office...

MetaBankCustomer Service

RE: Metabank Financial Gp. [protected]
                                Metabank Cust svc [protected]
                                Money Network [protected]

Metabank does NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
                                They are only the the 5 recorded options under ALL PHONE NUMBERS.
                                NO "operator" option.
                                ARE they FOR REAL???

MetaBankei p cards

To whom it may concern

I'm writing in regards to receiving a card from money network with the wrong name and information. I sent the card back to the company on 9-26-20 I was told by the company that there was a hold on my fund by the irs. I never received the stimulus funds. On dec 3 2020 the irs states the fund was not sent back. Please have money network release my funds thank you.

Andrea Foy [protected]