Menu
Woodforest National Bank company logo
Last seen 24 hours ago
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

195 complaints
167 resolved 28 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Woodforest National Bank customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Woodforest National Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
9:52 am EST

Woodforest National Bank - Customer service

Customer Service is horrible. The representatives in this situation were not friendly nor helpful. This is not my primary account, so I add money as needed. I had been accruing overdraft fees I was not doing a good job with making sure money was in the account when automatic bill payments would post. I reached out to CS about avoiding overdraft fees and was told if the money is in the account before the next business day, I would not be charged. I was charged a few times and called CS and was told they have credited my account before so I was not eligible. I just spoke with Janine and she said even if the money is in the account the same day I will be charged an overdraft fee.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund and a better customer service experience. Janine sounded like she hates working for Woodforest. She was not friendly or helpful.

12:17 pm EST

Woodforest National Bank - Checking account

February 2, 2022.

Horrible customer service. They froze my accounts with no explanation, holding $8,000 of mine. Went to the bank and they didn't want to let me withdraw it. They wouldn't let the branch manager tell me what's going on. They wouldn't tell me what's going on. They let me withdraw one account, but not the other. They said they would "mail a cashiers check" when they could have had the branch give me a cashiers check. Went and wasted an hour of my time during my work day to go deal with this. Went home with one account, called back customer service about the other account. She said nope, 3-5 business days and you will receive a cashiers check in the mail. They sent me no communication. They couldn't tell me why, but they feel the need to hold MY money and give it to me whenever they feel like it. I also bank with Chase and it is an AMAZING experience. The customer service is horrible. I feel terrible for the branch because the back business office tied their hands.

Desired outcome: I WANT MY MONEY TODAY. NOT A WEEK.

7:34 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the Branch inside Walmart at 4424 West Wendover Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27407. I got there around 5:35-40pm. The gate was drawn halfway and the sign says their hours were until 6pm. I had checked this on Google before I arrived so I thought I made it before they closed. There was no one behind the counter or visible in the bank. I filled out my...

K
5:11 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a customer with Woodforest for many years. Due to the pandemic and some health issues. I have not been working and unemployment which was direct deposited ran out. My bills were automatically taken from my checking account, which was no problem, however when I had no money coming in, I contacted several businesses told them to please stop the...

Q
12:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a black female. I stopped by this Woodforest National Bank located inside Walmart. The physical address is 970 Mansell Rd Roswell GA 30076. I wanted to purchase a $1000 money order. Kevin Schilleci was the bank teller assisting me. I am not a Woodforest National Bank member. I expected to pay a fee for the money but, never did I expect the response...

G
6:16 am EST

Woodforest National Bank - Checking Account Overdraft Fees

During the months of October and November, predominately October my account was charged a total of $720.00 for NSF FEE. This charge is only a total of NSF FEES, non are for a debit from a creditor that the bank paid. All attempted debits were rejected by the bank.

I called and spoke with a supervisor and all she offered was to refund two of the returns totaling $64 ($32.00 each).

I feel the total charge of $720.00 is very extensive, unconscionable, and exorbitant!

Desired outcome: I would like a refund of $500.00 or at the very least half ($360.00).

D
1:05 pm EST

Woodforest National Bank - A customer service representative

The representative name is Cardecia. She rudely hung up on me. I was trying to explain something about my account that I didn't understand and she just hung up. I don't think she should be working or representing the company. I've been with Woodforest bank for a few years and this is the first time one of their representative was unprofessional. I called back and spoke to a gentleman representative and he was very helpful and was able to resolve my problem.

Desired outcome: She should not be working in the customer service department.

H
7:54 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Trying to close my account since August 2021, but website never works, So I cant even access my account to update address, get balance, make transfers, order checks as original ones never came thou they were ordered twice supposedly by a Woodforest Manager 'Angel' and an employee, 'Silas'. Prior to that I was told by Branch Manager 'Angel' at the Arundel...

A
11:18 am EST

Woodforest National Bank - Customer service

Done been Woodforest for almost 4 years
Hoe ever. Over the phone they're real disrespectful and person in the branch they're very disrespectful on Glendale however I am tired of the disrespect if I have to act civilize and with respect they should conduct themselves with respect as well I am nobody's punching bag I can take my business elsewhere but I don't deserve to be disrespected and treated any type of way or talk to with disrespect this is my first and last time actually making aware of this next time I will be taking legal action

Desired outcome: Need to speak with them to be more pleasant today a customers next time I will be contacting the better Business bureau

B
1:32 pm EST

Woodforest National Bank - The fraud department

They shut off mobile deposit when u tell them u have no way to get there and u try to deposit money to save u from being in the red and want u to go to branch to take a check u never did I've had money stolen out of my account every month then every transaction is 3200 and when something is pending the tell u we stopped it the u find out they lied said u won't be charged 3200 I don't like this bank that lies to customers and why 900 maintenance fee which should be illegal it does nothing don't even contact me if money's taken out it's always me they punish for it

Desired outcome: Need to reinstate mobile deposit

N
10:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello Ashley, Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I have an account withwoodforest and im currently in my home country South Africa. The problem started when they locked my account without notifying me.Then my card expired, its been a missionfrom then. Acter countless complaints they finally activated my account however now i cannot access my...

12:09 pm EST
Woodforest National Bank has left an official reply on this complaint.

Woodforest National Bank - I did not authorize and you declined the disputes that should never have been declined

I am an angry customer who will never bank with Woodforest ever again. I been banking with you since November 2020. And I made a dispute recently and they keep claiming the disputes I made were not fraudulent which is outright ridiculous because it is fraud that's why I'm disputing the charges how dumb can a bank be? I'm out of $2800 I do not intend to replenish it. It's the principal of it I'm not replenishing something I did not authorize in the first place so yeah worst bank ever avoid at all cost. I can't pay my rent because of this matter. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Ref Transaction Attempted On Card Ending ...1854

Card linked to:
Account ending in ...8233

Desired outcome: : I want my Dispute approved and I want my entitled funds back. There were charges I did not authorize and you declined the disputes that should never have been declined

2 comments
C
Feb 09, 2022 2:52 pm EST

Hello,

I get back in town to find out that Woodforest Bank closed my account. No notice. NOTHING!. I call Woodforest Customer Service to find out what happened and discovered that a previous vendor that discontinued business with, CONTINUED to debit my account. This caused my account to go into negative numbers. I called WOODFOREST CUSTOMER service and explained this to them. They said they would send me forms to dispute the charges.

TO DATE THOSE FORMS NEVER GOT SENT TO ME.

In my call to Customer Service, I told them that we would immediately pay whatever fees were outstanding and requested that the account be reinstated, and for us to be immediately removed from CHEXSYSTEMS. I went to the bank and paid the outstanding fees. The teller said that even HE thought it was wrong for them to close the account and report us to Chexsystems with no notice.

We were NEVER informed that the account was to be closed by mail, email, or otherwise. I am checking with my attorney and the CFPB as to the legality and legitimacy of this. We cannot be in CHEXSYSTEMS for banking. I plan to file a complaint with the CFPB and call our attorney if our account is not removed this month.

We need an immediate resolution.

C
Feb 09, 2022 4:06 pm EST
Replying to comment of

I sent an email there. I need this to be taken care of. We run a business and have nowhere to deposit checks. This was a business account. Your Customer Service dept is garbage. I intent to escalate because we did not deserve to be treated this way!

B
6:22 pm EST

Woodforest National Bank - Dispute Department

I have been with Woodforest for over 15 yrs. I disputed a charge on an item that I received damaged and not what I had purchased and the company would not return my calls, emails or communicate to resolve the issue. This company lied to Woodforest and my claim was denied. Your dispute dept said I could request another investigation on my claim in writing at my local branch and to bring all my supporting documents which I did on a Saturday. The following Monday, 2 days later I recieved a letter stating my claim was denied. When I called I was told I had already asked for a reconsideration, which I had not. Woodforest could not tell me where the second request came from. After explaining I had just given my letter and all supporting documents to my branch 2 days prior, I was told they had no time line in getting back to me. I am so upset as I was scammed out of $2200, and Woodforest failed to help me recover my money from this company. This company recieved their broken item back and has not refunded my money as they stated they would in the letter Woodforest sent me. If Woodforest treated me as a valuable customer, as I had always felt I was before this and investigated my claim and all my supporting documents they would have gotten my money back. I now feel like I was taken advantage by both this company and Woodforest.

Desired outcome: Claim reinvested and money returned

1 comment
S
Feb 02, 2022 6:33 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have made an agreement with Woodforest Bank West York branch in York Pennsylvania and I have put in this complaint with two document to verify that it fixed show that that debt was satisfied as you can see with the document that I have provided for you I would appreciate it very much if we can get this matter fixed as soon as possible

Sincerely

Sharon weedon

N
1:06 am EST

Woodforest National Bank - Accessing my funds and gorry customer service

After two years of my account being blocked and me being in my home country, woodforest finally unlocked account after countless complaints and escalations, I still cant do a Western Union to transfer my money out. I have reported thats the WU is not working, provided the error and no one takes my case seriously. Wouldn't recommend this bank at all. I still cant access my own freaking money. They additional took 1200 of my tax returns amd returned them to IRS, when I explained that its my tax returns, they reffering me to IRS when its my bank that has done the transaction😡😡😡😡 They got super bad customer service and their policies suck especially for foreigners. Dont use this bank you will cry..

Desired outcome: I want my money and refund 1200 taken, fix the Western union

A
3:12 pm EST

Woodforest National Bank - Closed account

I have been banking with woodforest for years and unexpectedly had to take off work due to pregnancy complications, which resulted in my account becoming negative for 56 days. I had explained my situation to the bank associate on the phone, and informed her that i would be returning to work next month. She informed me I had 4 days to make my account positive or it would be closed. I immediately went into my local branch and had the teller withdraw the last bit of money my husband had left in his account and put it in mine to cover the negative balance. She informed me that this would be sufficient to keep my account open. Today, which would have been day 57, I checked my account and it is closed! I called and was told there was nothing they could do. This isnt right bc i was told (on a recorded line mind you) that I had 4 days to make it positive. It had only been one day and the teller said my accoubt would be positive after I made the deposit.

Desired outcome: Account reopened as it was

Woodforest National Bank - Never having nobody working closing before time too

This is my 2nd complaint within a month i went into the Lancaster SC branch this evening at 5:20 only one lady come out from the back talking about we closed i was already its just 5:30 she said i'm sorry and dashed in the back again i'm tired of coming up in here and not being able to get my money i hope you lose customers because if this is how you run a business I'll be sure to look around and find another bank i've had no problems with this branch until the last 6mths or so they can't keep no help and atms down all the time.

Desired outcome: Write up or disciplined

J
10:32 am EDT
Woodforest National Bank has left an official reply on this complaint.

Woodforest National Bank - Disputes reversing due to the bank thinking it’s “not fraud” when it is fraud.

I am an angry customer who will never bank with Woodforest ever again. I been banking with you since November 2020. And I made some disputes recently and they keep claiming the disputes I made were not fraudulent which is a bunch of baloni because it is fraud that's why I'm disputing the charges how dumb can a bank be? I'm negative 213$ am I do not intend to replenish it. It's the principal of it I'm not replenishing something I did not authorize in the first place so yeah worst bank ever avoid at all costs

Desired outcome: I want my Dispute’s approved and I want my entitled funds back. There were charges I did not authorize and you declined the disputes that should never have been declined

J
2:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a small business owner and have been with Woodforest National Bank for 18 months. I am in the processes of securing a contract to services individuals with intellectual and cognitive disabilities. As one could imagine, this population can easily become targeted and are often in vulnerable and at-risk situations. One of the requirements needed to...

T
12:15 pm EDT

Woodforest National Bank - Cashiers check

My daughter passed on June 1st of this year and I have closed her account the issue I have is with the legal department. The check should be renegotiated to be disbursed to the children and not my daughters estate. The Special proceedings department of Wake County says they do not disburse or handle any of the decease's money. The heirs are the only one to received any funds left in her account. And I should not have to open an estate account for my daughter. My final account for the courts also states that they need proof that the heirs received their money. I do not want to have to open up a estate account because then I would have to get an EIN# I have been through enough I just want her children to have what they are entitled to without any more legal ramifications.

Desired outcome: Reissued the cashier's check in the children's name only

Woodforest National Bank - Zero fraud liability reg e

I filed a second dispute over fraudulent charges. The cops have video of the thief using my card. Just because the third used an atm I i used in my small town they denied it as a similar transaction. The whole town uses that atm. Police report filed, vid proof the works. Now they racked up 900 in fees on top to pour salt in my wounds. This has been ongoing into its second month. It's now almassed to almost 1800 dollars with fees near a grand. I'm unemployed l due to covid and this is l the bigger headache.

Desired outcome: Reg e compliance my money back

Aug 23, 2021 1:23 am EDT

Wrote five emails and called 3x and left messages. Never heard from anyone once.

Aug 07, 2021 7:02 pm EDT

My phone number and email are in the first comment

Aug 07, 2021 6:27 pm EDT