Having problems with Flagstar Bank?

Flagstar Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 248 6423 (Personal & Business Banking)
+1 800 968 7700 (Loan Support)
+1 248 312 6500 (Loan Support)
+1 800 393 4887 (Home Loan Financial Hardship Questions)
+1 844 799 2993 (Home Lending)
+1 248 312 4880 (Treasury Management)
+1 888 254 5417 (Government / Public Funds Banking)
+1 866 945 9872 (Wholesale Lending)
5151 Corporate Drive
Troy, Michigan
United States - 48098-2639
Locations

Overdraft Lines Of Credit, Deposits And / Or Bounce Protection Payments
301 West Michigan Avenue, 4-501, Jackson, MI 49201

Construction, Personal Loans, Home Equity Lines Of Credit, And Mortgage Payments
P.O. Box 660263, Dallas, TX 75266-0263

Commercial Loan Payments
5151 Corporate Drive, E-203-1, Troy, MI 48098

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Flagstar Bank Customer Service. Initial Flagstar Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Flagstar Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Flagstar Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Flagstar Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Flagstar BankUnable to obtain a lien release from flagstar bank although they verify by phone that no lien should exist on my title for my primary residence.

The title to my primary residence shows a lien due to Flagstar Bank in the amount of $62, 000. That amount was reassigned to Chase Bank in April, 2002 who now holds the mortgage on a separate property I own. I have spoken with Flagstar Payoff Dept several times since mid-November and am told that they only retain records for 7 years so therefore they can't send a document stating that nothing is owed to Flagstar. They can pull it up and see the transaction and verify that there should be no lien but they won't send me documentation of that, even in just the form a letter. I'm told 'that's not the way it's done'. They have a copy of the title search and won't respond or contact the title company to have the lien removed. I was told by two people that only Chase Bank could do that even though the lien isn't for Chase. All I want is for Flagstar to help me clear this title. Am I going to have to hire an attorney to have this done? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

Flagstar BankMortgage payments

There is not a transparent way of escalating concerns about Flagstar practices on the website, and your customer service folks are either not empowered to handle such things or not available to handle such things.

I do not like there has been a change in the way Flagstar accepts it's mortgage payments, and without notification to the customers that such a change was taking place and when. I have been paying my mortgage with Flagstar for over two years and have always had options of submitting my payment through multiple accounts. Now that option is no longer available. I feel with that option taken away is the bank's way to bully customers into paying Flagstar's vendor's $15 convenience fee. Why do customers have to pay a fee for our payments to be accepted/submitted? I am certain you can appreciate customers in this time of crisis do not just arbitrarily have money to hand out just because. Is that how customer service is managed in the mortgage department?

I respectfully request you consider reinstating the previous payment options for customers. Most customers want to pay and pay timely AND without a lot of hassle. Flagstar HAD it right.

Flagstar BankEscrow check

We recently sold our home with January and closed our escrow account with Flagstar. After many issues, we were finally sent a check. A few weeks ago, we received another check close to $700. We called to see what this 'miscellaneous escrow' check was and they stated it was valid and to go ahead and cash it which we did. Today we received a call stating this check was sent to us in error and we need to pay it back. My husband, being the kind person he is, paid it back even though we have already spent that money and now my family will have to suffer, going without basic necessities for the next couple weeks, because of Flagstar's mistakes. Amid a pandemic, this type of error is unacceptable. We are very distraught with how things have been handled and will not recommend this bank to anyone, in fact, I will go out of my way to make sure they know how awful this company handles 'business errors.' No apology, no remorse, just give me money. I will be pursuing this further in hopes to aid other people fair warning.

Flagstar BankClosed escrow account

We recently had service through Flagstar Bank as an escrow company. When our home sold, we were to be issued a check from escrow. It has been over 6 weeks, and we have received no check. Throughout these 6 weeks, we have attempted to contact and correct any errors made which has led to confusion and false information. This has been very frustrating and not a very pleasant experience. The agents we have spoken to were abrupt and unapologetic or sympathetic. At the current moment, we would not recommend flagstar as an adequate service.

Flagstar Bankmy loans

Agent working from home and had a dog barking in the back ground. When did bank employees start working from home. How do I know I did not talk to a hacker and giving my ss# was a bit unnerving. Last time I called to get my annual interest and they had it right in front of the agent. This time she had to add it up twice. A little bit non professional not talking to an employee at the bank.

Flagstar Bankmortgage

My mortgage loan was transferred to Flagstar, LN#[protected] I initiated an automatic payment to be made each month. In November, I refinanced this loan at Chase Bank, and was directed to cancel the automatic payment, which was completed and confirmed via telephone to Flagstar on 11/20/2019. The mortgage payment was ACH debited anyway, without my permission on 12/1/2019. I have been trying to get my funds back since then. I've called twice, and was told they had no idea when I would receive my funds. I have sent 3 emails and have not received a response back from anyone. The lack of response and responsibility over this is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. I do hope you are audited very soon and fined for not doing your due diligence.

Denise Apele

Sep 19, 2019

Flagstar Bank — teller dawn bone

On Thursday, 9/19/2019 I was in the Flagstar bank branch listed above. I walked in and stopped to wait for my...

Sep 17, 2019

Flagstar Bank — loan

My husband took a loan through Flagstar bank with the Assistant Branch Manager. Upon doing a quick signing...

Flagstar Bankmortgage loss claims

This company is horrible and incompetent at best. I filed a claim in april 2019 with my insurance company which totaled my roof and issued payment in May. Flagstar has lost the first check I mailed to them despite tracking showing it was delivered and who it was signed for by. 3 weeks of daily calls, I'm finally told that they will stop payment on the check. I told the agent they can't stop payment on a check they didn't issue but she insisted that they could (second sign of incompetence). So I call back the next day to be told oh I don't know why you were told that and they other agent didn't follow up with her manager as she had stated. I had to call the adjuster to get a stop payment and a new check issued. 2 weeks later I sent the new check and after an additional 2 weeks, they are saying they don't have it. They claim they have a back lot of checks and that it's taking longer to process but they can not tell me if the check is even in the system. So I'm stuck not knowing where the second check is while risking further damage to MY HOME with a leaky roof and windows.

Flagstar Bankmortgage

My mortgage was bought by flagstar bank and I wasn't notified cuz I was out of state. Now they want to charge me to make a payment. I didn't sign a contract with flagstar. And will not be giving my personal bank info cuz this bank is owned by a company out of China. I will not fund a country that steals from the US. and I will not be charged for this company not notifying me with in a timely manor

Jul 27, 2019

Flagstar Bank — customer service

I have called time and time again trying to figure out issue I have with my account. I get told one thing by...

Flagstar Bankphysician mortgage loan bias & discrepancy

Hello! I was searching for a physician loan in Texas that allowed APPs (Advanced Practice Providers) to apply as well. APPs include Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, we are commonly misidentified as mid levels which a term that does that properly identify us in any way. I called and spoke to a pleasant woman, I advised I was a Physician Assistant inquiring about Physician Loan information at Flagstaff. I was advised that Physician Assistants could not apply and if I did, the loan would be denied. I asked if Nurse Practitioners could apply and I was advised they could. I found this is a huge bias and discrimination against Physician Assistants. I'm not sure who and or why this rule is applied at Flagstaff Bank. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners essential are the same with different education, we both have masters degrees and apply for similar positions. Physician Assistants in particular have a more advanced curriculum usually alongside medical school students and our clinical rotation include surgery and psychiatry. I am writing this complaint in the hope that this policy will change and allow Physician Assistants the same opportunities as our counterparts to apply for Physicians Loans withFlagstaff Bank. There is a huge miseducation and bias regarding this policy and I hope this is looked into and changed ASAP.

Flagstar Bankwells fargo transition

My mother had a trust acccount out of State (Indiana) with Wells Fargo. After the transition to Flagstar occurred, I was told it was a flawless transition "status quo". My mother is in a Nursing Home in Indiana. Today, April 25, The State of IN sends me notification of a $30.49 penalty for my mothers "bounced" quarterly tax payment. I called two different Flagstaff numbers and was told... the deposits are being accepted, you may write WF checks until the end of the year and (get this) the rounting number for EFTs changed on April 1st!!! The woman told me that "everyone was informed" and that she was sorry but nothing could be done.

Seriously? Who does business like that?

Flagstar Bank — billing and customer service.

My loan no. is [protected]. I called your customer service 8 times. The problem started when my mortgage wa...

Flagstar Bank — wells fargo transition

I've been told my checking/savings is moving to Flagstar Bank on 12/1/18 due to WF selling off branches - in...

Flagstar Bank — mortgage

I received a letter informing me my account was to be accelerated. The resolution took over two weeks to even...

Port Wentworth

Flagstar Bank VISAdiscrimination in advertising

I was in the branch office in Coldwater, MI yesterday. I live in the state of Michigan. I choose to be a fan of The Ohio State University Buckeyes. I am very disappointed and disgusted by the bad choice of advertising for the Flagstar Visa card. Having a team logo on your card is nice, but putting down one particular team in your advertising is tacky. This must have been decided in a team room after a 2 martini lunch. I refer to the line on the advertising that states, in BOLD print, "Friends don't let friends bank like a Buckeye". Flagstar boasts customer satisfaction; seems more relevant if you are a Wolverine fan. Flagstar claims it is dedicated to providing the best service; now looks like Michigan fans will be more satisfied. My husband and I have taken great offense, as should all fans of Michigan State, Grand Valley State, Central MI, Western MI, etc. Please know that as soon as I can have my direct deposit redirected I will be closing my accounts and stopping my business at Flagstar Bank.

Flagstar Bank — missconduct / bad business practice

with all the complaints on file this company should not be allowed to write any more loans... I have been...

Flagstar Mortgage — fha loan

Flagstar mortgage is a garbage company. I flip homes in Illinois and have done over 40 in the past few year...

Flagstar Bank — insurance money being delt out in 1/3rds

On September 2, 2012 my husband and I lost half of our house due to a plumbing leak. We have followed all the...