Walmartselling books to children with horrible content

S Review updated:

I went to your store today. I notice that in the back to school section you were selling Harry Potter books. I honestly thought a family friend store would not be selling these books. These books consist of satanic rituals and is written by a witch. These books have been banned by many churches and religious schools and libraries.

Please ban Harry Potter from your stores or I will no longer be shopping there.

•   Aug 08, 2009

Well, believe it or not, all families are not Christian, so I don't see how this makes Walmart a store who isn't family friendly.

I am a Christian, and I've read the Harry Potter books to see what all the hype was. They're kids stories. Spells and satanic rituals? Ahhhh, no, none that work.

I'm sure they won't miss one family not shopping there. You know, there are other people in the world, some are atheists, some are muslin, some are hindu, some a buddhist - do you think walmart is only going to cater to Christians?

• L
      Aug 08, 2009

Are you kidding me? Satanic!?

ROFL!

•   Aug 14, 2009

I guess you will no longer be shopping there.

They are unlikely to ban anything, just cause you don't happen to like the contents. Kids certainly don't view these books as a problem, and a Christian I see them as nothing more than fables and fairy tales.

Churches and religious schools may have banned them, but they don't rule the world or make the rules. And, as far as I know, our library still carries not only copies of Harry Potter books, but DVDs as well.

• A
      Aug 17, 2009

Haha. You're funny. Just because a store sells something you disagree with, you feel it should stop? I'm sorry to disillusion you, but every store in the world sells something that someone disagrees with. If every store stopped stocking the items that people disagreed with, we wouldn't have stores anymore.

You have the option to not buy it. Hell, you could even just not look at it. It's not like they're waving it in your face, yelling at you to buy it. It's there because it's profitable. Because other people want to buy it.

If it bothers you so much, I'd suggest looking into strictly Christian stores.

Aug 22, 2009

Isn't Wal-mart a family friendly Christian store.?

Aug 22, 2009

Well the founder was Christain.

• X
      Aug 28, 2009

Go to christianbook.com and stop whining about stupid crap

• U
      Sep 21, 2009

I've read all 7 and didn't see one single satanic ritual. Nobody's forcing you to buy them or read them. But don't expect WalMart to turn down a huge money-maker just because you don't approve.

• H
      Oct 22, 2009

wow, someone seriously wants harry potter banned from a store? i thought that we had grown past the days where we burned people at the stake and drowned so called witches. guess not, way to attempt to set the country back. should we still be allowed to wear shorts and makeup??

Oct 27, 2009

Ha, your posts with all the profanity just show how you live in the bible belt. Or let me guess it was someone else in your account that posted all that profanity and racist posts.

Nov 01, 2009

Oh grow up. Why don't your parents monitor you? Do they know that you go around making fun of other people's names. You are the ones with alter egos. I have talked to some other members and you have slipped up many times with your alter egos.

• U
      Nov 11, 2009

Now with this one i Ain't sure what are u really trying to point out, that WalMart is selling books of that kind or the Book itself. Satanic rituals in Harry Potter?OMFG?! where you from, have you ever read even a single page of the book/series?! If you need help send me an e-mail i can talk to you anytime. And pls dont be confuse with being a devoted christian to being a paranoid person. Open up your eyes it's the 21st century. And it's not the book that's bad it's what you think about it. It ain't the apple that made an awful smell but the fart that came out because of eating too much.CIAO!!

• D
      Dec 06, 2009

This complaint is the reason that ###s shouldn't be allowed to breed. Keep your self centered religious ### in your own home and don't stick your nose in our world. If you actually read the books instead of being a self-rightous ### you would see that harry potter isn't about satanic rituals.

People like you are the prime reason that I'm a ###ing athiest. Take your self-rightous beliefs and shove em up your ###.

• Half Blood Prince is coming out soon, hope we don't get any nuts in our store.

• I knew someone else wrote this letter. You know all you people who say that the book contains satanic rituals, you should actually read the book.

• M
      Mar 19, 2010

THIS WAS THE DUMBEST COMPLAINT I HAVE EVER READ. HARRY POTTER IS NOT REAL!!! IF YOU THINK IT IS YOU SHOULD BE COMMITTED LMAO...DID YOU HONESTLY THINK WALMART WAS NOT GONNA SELL IT...LOL I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THIS.

Apr 17, 2010

I know it is not real, even movies that we see on television are not real. Some protray violence and sexuality. Does that mean we should let our children watch them. No. We have to deter our children from these things.

Apr 17, 2010

That was me as well Trevor. I just could not find my letter after that so I created a new account. Also forgot my password until I found out how I can retrieve it.

• J
      Jun 21, 2010

WOW~! Maybe you should do a little more research on Harry Potter. Satanic rituals, seriously? What demented world you live in!!! It's people like you who have caused the loss of our many freedoms!!!

• R
      Jul 04, 2010

Wal-mart is a money friendly store, they don't care about religion or race. The only color they care about is green. Please, Harry Potter written by a witch? That's just ignorant. Please go out and educate yourself a bit or if nothing else at least give your children the benefit of reading other types of fiction, not just the bible.

• W
      Jul 05, 2010

Stay away from Christian book stores as well, Lot and his daughters

• 5
      Nov 01, 2010

typical christian

Jul 20, 2013

Your pen-name is 'stop the madness', yet you have the sheer cheek to insult Walmart, one of the most famous chains in the USA, and Harry Potter. WHICH IS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MEDIA FRANCHISE OF ALL FREAKING TIME!!! For pity's sake, get your act together, no one small minded, bigoted, prejudging idiot should be allowed to waste space on the web, complaining about the best literature since J.R.R. Tolkien. Harry Potter not once in 7 books and 8 films, promotes any type of Dark Magic, Satanic rituals or divine incantational magic. It is set out as pure and simple magic, bound by the Laws of Physics and perfectly provable by a few short thought experiments. If you are going to insult, slag-off, discriminate or attack anything ever again, please make sure you have your fricking facts right.

Trä

P.S.

NEVER CALL OUR J.K. A WITCH OR EVEN NON-CHRISTIAN AGAIN OR I SWEAR I COULD BRING HALF THE BLOODY INTERNET DOWN ON YOUR PATHETIC HEAD! I AM PART OF THE HARRY POTTER FANDOM, I AM A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE SHADOW PROCLAMATION GROUP, I AM EVEN PART OF ANONYMOUS AND I REALLY SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT, BUT WHO GIVES A ### ANYWAY!!!

•   Jul 20, 2013

geeze want a babysitter?//

•   Jul 20, 2013

Complaintsboard is where I get to see the thoughts of everyday, regular stupid people that I've excluded from my actual life.

• I
      Jul 24, 2013

Ah, geez. What a good laugh at 5am.