Menu

D
Author of the complaint
8:07 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought a 65" QLED TV and a wall mount unit from Walmart Long Lake Road on Tuesday April 26, 2022 at approx. 7:50pm. Took home the TV, unpackaged to check the pieces. There was no remote as well the legs received did not match the TV.

Contacted the Walmart Sales Rep who immediately recognize me of purchasing the TV less than 1 hour ago. Told him what has happened and he told me to come to the store next day around 11am and his manager would work something out (giving me a remote).

Went to the store as planned, met with hostility from the Customer care department. After showing them my receipt and explaining said I had to bring the TV in. Since I lived about 5 minutes form the store, went for it and return, another ordeal, the box that was sold to me on my receipt did not match the serial number of the TV that was in it. The two assistant store managers (whose name I have) inferred that I switched the TV as this was not the one I was sold according to my receipt and their box? This was so humiliating and disgusting that they would would come to that conclusion. I checked with Samsung Canada and they told me the TV I was given by Walmart was a 2018 TV sold somewhere in 2019 (asked where they could not tell me). The TV on the box and my receipt is for a 2021 TV. Not only was I not given a complete TV in a box (inclusive of the remote and correct legs). I was given an older TV maybe of less value than the $1098 plus tax I paid over to Walmart. I need help on this as it is disgusting and no one should ever be treated like this. These are the treatment a large retail giant dishes out to people like myself who are visible minority. I am a manager myself as I told the women (assistant managers). I earn a good income and one who have supported this store many years. To be told they would escort me out of the store and ban me if I spoke to the clerk is disappointing to say the least.

View 0 more photos

More Walmart complaints & reviews

Walmart - gift card
Walmart - Site to store misleading on actual delivery time
Walmart - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement
Walmart - falsely arrest