Walmart Money Cardrip off

This is the second time I bought a Walmart money card and when I put 250.00 on it and tried to pay my light bill it would not process. So I wondered what was going on because the bill was only 220.00. Then I called them and the man told me that because my first card had my middle and last name and my current card had my first and last name they had to close my account even though I explained everything to him, gave my social and DOB he said because of security reasons.Now I have a return fee of 25.00 added to my light bill because it didn't process even though when I did it online it showed as paid. Anyone with insight on this please respond. This is bulls$#@.

• Gu
    guest100 Apr 20, 2012

I bought temp cards that I never received the permanent cards for and when I finally did receive a permanent card they tell me that I can not activate the card and that they do not want my business. They do not care that due to their own incompetance I did not get cards in the mail. They told me I can never open an account with them. DO NOT beleive them when they say you can have more than one card. The whole thing is you pay for them monthly so what is the big deal. This company is getting too big for its own good.

• Bh
    BHinesU Mar 03, 2010

I agree with all of what has been said... mama66605 and the rest of you have a right to be pissed. It is some Bulls***! I hope you all can get or got that crap resolved.

But don't let everyday BS keep you down. Take a deep breath and relax... life is too short to be stressed over silly stuff... no matter how small or big. Everything will work itself out in the end.

~Raleigh, NC guy (formerly Charleston, SC guy)

• Cn
    c_navarro Aug 21, 2009

Same thing happened to me ... 2 cards slight difference in name, suffix missing or something ridiculous. Now my sattelite service has been disconnected and my $100 is floating in the U.S. Postal service somewhere! They cancelled the acct or blocked it or something and I was never notified. They may have the RIGHT to do it but don't they have the RESPONSIBILTY to notify customers of an acct closure? I should have NEVER had been allowed to reload a card that was closed. And why was I still paying a monthly service fee on a card that was unable to provide me a service? So now I'm out the $3 reload fee, $3 monthly service fee, my utility has been disconnected, and I'm waiting for my check. Class action law suit anyone? If we demand retribution maybe the company will stop robbing people. I say file against Walmart money card and all it's affiliates GE Financial and GreenDot!

• Im
    imtried May 29, 2009

i am in total agreement with this issue i bought 1card a 12/2007 ago for my daughter as a christmas gift and since she is under age i put it in my name, me and my family wnt on a vacation tried to put money on that card in 12/2008 the card was expiried we had to get a new on and added that one under may name also and used it without a problem well there was a problem the dang 1st card wasnt expried and the 900$ that we put on the 2nd card was held up due to the 1st dang card not being canceled, my question how r we as proud (ha) walmart visa card holders supposed to know all the dang loop holes that walmart uses, i was so disappointed and upset i have not been back to walmart i dont care what they have unless it is GOD him self i will not step foot in a walmart, murphys or anything else that holds that name i am only one but MY MONEY MY RULES...

• De
    dest May 26, 2009

They said the same to me. I got 2 cards one for me and was giving 1 to my husband but since i have 2 in my name both were cancelled, they got very rude with me over the phone and are refusing to give me my money back. Now what i am to do about paying my cable bill. They told me not their problem, well yes i think it is they r the ones refusing to let me the card i have had for 2 years now suddenly their is a problem and they refuse to refund my money.

• Da
    dawnjohnson5 Apr 27, 2009

I totally agree. They did the same thing to me. Twice. My refund check is in the mail again. That was $250 twice. No explanation.

I bought two cards the first time. One for my business and one perasonal. The website says you can have more than one. The cancelled both of those cards. I had no clue until I tried to use them. Was told they would mail me a check and nothing more.

I went out and bought another one. Same amount and same thing. Apparently my name is flagged. Apparently my second check is in the mail.