Walgreensemployee relations

A

My Husband and I both worked for Walgreens at different locations. They say they are a family oriented buisness. This is not true. My husband was staying at home with our kids and he called in because my youngest son was sick. Instead of them telling him they understand and take care of him they told him he better come into work now or they would repremand him. Considering that I was already at work for the day this put us in a sticky situation. State law will not allow any sick children in their daycare facilities.

Another thing we were moving and he told them the days off he would need, which was just a weekend, a month in advance. When the time came and the schedule was out he was scheduled to work. When he confronted the manager of the store about this she stated that there was nothing she could do about this. So he proceeded to ask another manager if he could switch with him and he said Sorry I can't I have strict orders to not let anyone work for you. Needless to say this was very discriminitive and he ended up quitting the job.

I on the other hand stayed at work. I ran into a lot of problems with the managment and employees there at my job site. For instance my children were in daycare and they got sick often. Maybe Once a month. After a couple months of me staying at home and missing 1 day a month I was told that if my kids were sick again I better find someone to take care of them or they would terminate me. Which scared me because of the way the job economy has been. So I tried real hard to get to work all the time even if that meant bringing my kids to daycare sick.

The store manager where I worked was very two faced she let regular employees bad mouth and bash other employees in the office and say what ever they wanted. This is bad taste. they never put a stop to this and I am sure that employee and her are still doing this to this day.

I ran into a confrontation with another employee who always discriminated against me. For about 5 to 6 months I put up with the put downs. I put up with walking right into work and being told to do this and do that before I even got a chance to put my stuff down. I was always real nice and never made any comments or told anyone till it got to the point were I could not take it anymore. It was not until other people started realizing what was going on and told the management of her behavior that they finally transfered her to another location but I am sure she is still doing this to someone else she decided to bully around.

I was always asking for help and I was continously ignored. I felt like they just did not have the time to teach something that they should have took the time to do. I ran into a confrontation with another empolyee who was walking all over me and I finally said something and did something about it and she ended up yelling at me and swearing in front of customers and then grabbed all her stuff and left. I was the one in the end who got repremanded for her behavior and got a final warning which was only my first write up ever. The managment went on and on and pointed the finger at me how this was my fault and I should have shut up and dealt with it. this employee is also the favorite and is the one that bad mouths all the employees. I just feel like they are one sided and do not give the right ear to listen to both sides of the story. They should that is their job. After being bullied by the managment about this situation I finally decided that I could not mentally handle working for them anymore and put in my 2 weeks. But that week when I was there noone talked to me not even managment and I felt like an outcast so I walked off the job. Which is wrong but it was horrible I felt horrible. I will never ever go back. Even though I know they would not hire me for what I did! But they are to blame!

I do not recommend anyone working here and would never refer anyone in the worst time of need to either. They are the worst company to work for ever!

• Ac
    acespace Dec 29, 2008

Anyone else get the BS "No vacation or time off allowed after November 1st" comment from their managers?

I've had to miss 3 Christmas' with my family and an upcoming family wedding because when I ask for time off I'm told "Sorry you know the rule, no time off after November 1st"

• I was going to say most companies have policies like this where you can't take vacation during that time, but sounds like you can't take one single day off. Now if you were booking at the last minute I can understand, however if you asked well in adcance this isn't right.

Joey Feb 16, 2009

HAH!! thats complete ###. never have i heard from a manager that December 12th is in dire need of employees or the Nov 1st crap. What usually happens is a sign up sheet is posted for those who WANT to work the holiday and if it isnt filled then the scheduling occurs. Thats just fascism right there

Marsh1buster Jun 29, 2009

This type of behavior is sickening to hear, unfortunatly this is becoming the "norm" at the stores in my area too. I am really sorry to hear this happened to you. Walgreens of the past is increasingly becoming the Walgreens of the future, and they are making some serious mistakes. There training, PPL's, are a joke. You read a story or watch a film and they tell you how to react. At the end of the traaining video you hit, "I Agree" and you have passed training! Then you get to move on to register training. There you stand all day listening from another unsatisfied employee of "who to watch out for, " and "who is "cool" and "who is not." What is even worse is the fact that the person training you is usually the front cashier and they are "the face of Walgreens" to the outside world. Praise to the good ones out there (and there are some), but shame on those who are not so good.

• Kn
    knotdamomma Jul 14, 2009

I work at a Walgreens in Florida and have had a similar experience. They keep threatening to fire me, but I think what they really want is for me to quit, so I won't be eligible for unemployment.

A hostile workplace is not legal or ethical. Are management trained to behave this way?

Rapturousvoice Aug 07, 2009

This makes me laugh. You work for a retail company. A huge chunk of the money that Walgreens makes is made during those two months. Therefore, they need the employees that they have hired to be there to do their jobs. And it's not like this rule is cruel and unfair. Store managers and EXA's usually have to work 6 days a week during this time! Not only that, but think about it. Do you think you are the only person who wants Christmas off? What if 10 employees asked for the week of Christmas off? Who will be there to run the store?? They have this rule in place so that Walgreens can have the man power to get through this busy time, as well as keep scheduling fair.

teresita Aug 27, 2009

rayj467 Sep 26, 2009

"I worked for Walgreens for 13 years, I was fired for misuse of a store coupond, what makes me more mad is that only members of managment where fired, alot of employees misuse the coupond thats how loss prevention wants to put it, but they didnt lose their jobs, I think since we had a higher pay they let us go, so know I'm mot eligible for unemployment, also I'm not able to get a job in retail for the reason I was fired, one employee also got a promotion if they said that we violated a store rule, they also violated the rules but none of them lost there jobs."

I am an employee of Walgreens and this story was circulated down to us. We were told to watch our backs, make sure to document our employee purchases (we now are saving all our receipts etc..just in case a question arises later) and told by management that Corporate was out to fire anyone who was further up the food chain so they would be able to institute that whole "rewire" program and cut the amount of unemployment or early retirement packages they had to offer.
    SAD...
    What used to be a company known for it's loyalty to it's employees and customers alike is now all about "what else can we do to make/save a buck?"
    I'm biding my time I have no desire to work here longterm.

• Ab
    Abel Alva Oct 01, 2009

The pharmacist was kinda loud, letting everyone in the surrounding area know your business there. that's all.

• Bl
    bleuboy Oct 03, 2009

NOT EVER ABLE TO ENTER THE CASH SWEEPSTAKES, TRIED THIS MORE THEN ONCE.
    WHY DO THEY BOTHER TO PUT THE WEBMAIL ADDRESS ON THE RECEIPT IF IT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO ENTER.

• Dk
    D. Kelham Oct 07, 2009

I agree. I couldn't find the survey to win $3, 000 either.

• Ph
    phantom5738 Oct 10, 2009

SWEEPSTAKES SURVEY TOO MANY OTHER SURVEYS WITH WALGREENS like targets, best buy and others it just takes too long to do . i think for Walgreens to have a sweepstakes survey they should not have other stores in their contest

• Me
    melancholy702 Oct 11, 2009

I shopped at Walgreens on 10/09/2009 and on the receipt it has an advertisement for a survey/sweepstakes. When you attempt to go on the website that the receipt provides, it doesn't allow you to because it doesn't exsist. ATTENTION WALGREENS: IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO PROVIDE THE CORRECT INFORMATION OR HAVE AN ACTUAL SURVEY, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

• Cr
    crippie Oct 12, 2009

I could not find the Walgreen Survey? Is there a problem with the site or is it located in another link?

• Je
    Jeffrey Brown Oct 13, 2009

Same as the others there is no survey on the site for the 3000 dollar survey

What a waste of time, money paper to print it out if ya not doing one

Mark Pryor Oct 19, 2009

My wife had breast cancer about a year ago. and this month her manager let her hours get below 30 hrs. a week and her insurance has been canceled. I think this is wrong. It really sucks. I thought walgreens cared about people I guess they do just not employees. my e-mail is [email protected] my name is Mark. if you have any information that might help?

chilicook Oct 21, 2009

i totally agree with that what is the point of the reciepts having the survey if you can't use it aren't we suppose to be going green and not waste, this is a waste of paper

Teddi GRIGGS Oct 23, 2009

I picked up my medication as usual each month decided to enter the $3000.00 cash sweepstakes and it said nolonger having it, why do they have it on the reciept??????

• Lo
    Lotusflower Nov 01, 2009

The Walgreens ad that was in my local newspaper with sales prices good from Nov 1 - 7, 2009 on page 3 advertises Sweatshirts and Sweatpants 3/$10. I went to several stores and they stated they did not get them in for the ad. I came home and called many other stores and they all stated they did not get them for the ad and have none. Why do these stores advertise items that are not available?

• Di
    dianelasvegas Nov 01, 2009

hi. here is the walgreens cosumer relations toll free # 1-800-289-2273 and the other toll free # is 1-877-250-5823 better to call and always write a letter to. Have to say my local walgreens is the best and no I am NOT A EMPLOYEE. the cosumer actions free book is also a wonderful must have has all corp etc information. good luck diane

• Sh
    sheila goehrig Nov 30, 2009

pill containers are too big and clumsy.

• Lu
    lurams Dec 14, 2009

I hear and feel your pain.I was an employee at walgreens and that happen to me too.The company will drop your hours if you have medical claims.I witness that myself and I wish there was a law to protect against companies doing that to people.

• Ri
    Rickma Dec 29, 2009

The last three times I picked up my prescription which contains 90 tabs., I was shorted on the count. Two times for three tabs. and the most recently on Dec. 26th, 2009. for 10 tablets. I do not believe this is accidental nor do I believe it is coincidental. Please, anyone who reads this, count your amounts before leaving the store. And management, if this is a practice of yours STOP IT !

Rick from Woodbridge

• Kp
    K.P.Janusz Dec 30, 2009

Receipt dated 12/29/2009..There is no way to participate in this survey to win $3000.False advertising..My receipt survey #0529-5283-822, Password 5091-2292-016..I'll be reporting this to BBB and Attorney General's Office for Nv.

• Wa
    walgreens Jan 05, 2010

advertised $10.00 store coupon off of their Nicotine Lozenges. When I tried to purchase product they said it was a $10.00 register reward not a coupon off. This not what the advertised paper stated. Did not buy the product.

andJUSTICEFORALL Jan 28, 2010

Just boycott Walgreens!!! Everyone, if you can go elsewhere, guaranteed the elsewhere is more reasonable!! Change starts with change-GOOD LUCK

TerrrR Feb 02, 2010

It seems no matter when I go into walgreens no matter if I am the only custermer in there the phamacy answer is always the same are you going to wait for this? I say why is that, and they will say it will be at least a half hour or more. I just dont understand why when I am the only one there. This has happend to me the last tIme I will not use the phamacy ever again.

• Da
    Daisy Mariposa Feb 02, 2010

Just because you are the only person in the pharmacy, that doesn't mean that your prescription is the only one that has to be filled. Do you think that you are the only pharmacy customers who needs a prescription?

Physicians call or fax prescriptions to the pharmacy for their patients.

Customers call the pharmacy and request refills to be picked up later in the day.

Customers drop off new prescriptions to be picked up later in the day.

Customers stop by and request refills to be picked up later in the day.

The pharmacist sometimes has to speak with suppliers regarding special orders.

marilyne kersey Feb 10, 2010

hello, I went to walgreens today and on my reciept there was a survey chance to win bt when i went to the website there is no survey and there were other complaints saying the same thing. is it a scam?

• Kd
    K Davos Feb 10, 2010

went to walgreens site that was on my reciept no contest there. Is it a scam to get you to do the other contests? very misleading

• Kd
    K Davos Feb 10, 2010

walgreens giving the wed site that does not have a $3000 contest on it is a scam. It is very misleading

• Di
    disgruntaled Feb 11, 2010

ink refill brochure claims refills in minutes. went in at 6:15 pm they said it wouldn't be ready until 11:00 am the next day. Seems like misleading advertising to me, since I needed them filled that night. [email protected]

• Ro
    Ronald Scheall Feb 15, 2010

I cannot believe that I cannot get into the sweepstakes for walgreen's, I have entered before but cannot get into it this time, I quess they donnot want to give out the 3, 000.00, what a fruad this is

• Ro
    Ronald Scheall Feb 15, 2010

all I have found is no sweepstake, but a lot of compliants

Marjorie Patrick Feb 17, 2010

I purchased two prescriptions on Feb 17 2010 at 6:16 ET.

One expiration date was Nov12. No year listed
    One had EXPIRED on 20 11/09

• Lo
    longtime Feb 23, 2010

Took me forever to find Walgreens entry point, but I did but, did not ask for receipt number or anything, if you type in walgreensfeedback it is the little site above this one, did not see anything to enter for 3 grand when I took the store survey

• Mo
    Moochums Feb 23, 2010

Wow that sucks. Were they busy or anything? I would have def. gotten the manager involved if it had been me.

Rainny Feb 24, 2010

I do not like the fact that I may not use a coupon from the paper for an item that is different from what I got the rewards coupon for. This is not the same manucturer. Also that I can not use two coupons in one sale as I can use as many as I want with CVS and also as many coupons as I want? I liked your system much better as I got a gift card and was free to use as needed whitout all these restictions.

• Ul
    Ulidovee Feb 24, 2010

I stopped shopping at CVS because I didn't like the bonus bucks program. Now I may go back because the Walgreen's register rebates is worse. This morning I stopped at Walgreens to purchase 3 items with register rewards and the machine wouldn't work. The clerk told me that this happens a lot. This program stinks.

• Ki
    kimtbm Feb 26, 2010

Its just the month and year. Nov 12 is Nov 2012. Not november 12th.