Having problems with Walgreens?

200 Wilmot Rd, MS № 2002
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

maggots found in spice

I found several dozen maggots in a spice bottle of onion flakes made by this company. I purchased it in...

can't find where to ender

where do you end this sweepsteaks. I don't see anywhere to ender..
I have been going to websites that only give me complaints.
I think for all the effort i made to end this contest, I should get a m$50.00 gift card.
Susan Hoover
14503 Iberia circle
chantilly, va, 20151

• Da
    David Bean Mar 14, 2011

This is March 14th, 2011. I've run into the same problem: there is nowhere to enter the survey or password numbers.
    Walgreen's needs to fix this - it sounds like it has been going on for a while.

• cbmorton42 Mar 22, 2011

I cannot find the survey. Is there really one or just a scam. I switched from CVS to Walgreens because I didn't like the way CVS was run. I just hope it is better here.

faxing

I purchased a phone card from Walgreens in 2008 and did not use all my minutes within the 24 months, which I will take blame for. BUT, this card was used exclusively to fax documents to long distance numbers. So, I went and bought another phone card in 2010, with only 150 minutes($10.00). I had used this card exclusively to fax also. Yesterday I could not get a fax to go through, so I eventually called customer service, who is telling me that the card is not made for faxing!?!? How can this be that a calling card I have used numerous times is no longer valid for faxing? It had always worked before! And customer service argued with me and talked over me as I was trying to explain that I have used this card only for faxing in the past. HORRIBLE customer service, and you product sucks. I know it is the card, because I can fax locally and make phone calls with the card, as I have tried both. I even had another person try to use the calling card from their location and fax, but it would not go through for them either.

charged me $102 for a $15 rx that I did not ok

I sent Walgreens mail service some Rxs and they were supposed to be $15 each for 90 day supply. They were all to be generic as noted on the Rxs by my doctor. The problem is that one generic is no longer available and Walgreens sent a brand name and billed me $102. They did not notify me of the super charges. I know what they did is legal but is not very consumer friendly. They will not take back the Rx. And their phone and email service is handled by a lot of automation and people that know nothing and are no help whatsoever.

• As
    asv10121 Apr 13, 2015

Walgreen's does suck! It's a shame that they have been able to get away with so much and for so long. I unfortunately have had the last of bad experiences. I kept thinking to give them a chance because after all every store is different and with different personality employees but today I went in to pick up an antibiotic and specifically requested this antibiotic but the pharmacist gave me two prescriptions that included the one I had requested. When I got home, I realized that I was given one I had not asked for so I went back to return the second, 45 minutes later. After being told to wait (after 15 mins), Daniel Min Pharmacy Manager of the Walgreen's on 5201 Belt Line Rd., Dallas, TX rudely told me that there was nothing that could be done and that I needed to get out of my vehicle and go inside. Then he began to "argue" and talking over me saying that he didn't know what he wanted me to do, that supposedly "by law the prescription could not be returned" even though I had just been deceived into buying it, given that I had told the pharmacy tech what I was specifically picking up. Daniel Min stated, "we just assume"...totally unacceptable behavior, response and customer service. Mr. Min was very condescending and offered no other options, in fact, he just refused to even listen or take any accountability, blaming the doctor and the patient. Walgreen's and Daniel Min show proof of such an unethical business and practice. SHAMEFUL!! A business should never "assume" as Mr. Min stated. Good customer service entails giving the customer thorough information so that the customer can make a choice of what they need to purchase. It seems Mr. Daniel Min just manages his techs as paper pushers and not responsible service providers. He himself takes no accountability for their own mistakes which only demonstrates proof of terrible management.

pharmacist lies!

On December 6, 2010, I received four paper prescriptions from my doctor and proceeded to drop them off at the Walgreens at Thompson and Emerson in Indianapolis. I had the technician verify that all prescriptions were in stock. I was told there would be about an hour wait for these prescriptions. I returned home and received a call from ERIN KRUEGER, pharmacy manager at this store. She told me that since I had this particular prescriptions filled previously on November 15, 2010, that insurance had denied them, and she could not fill them until December 13, 2010. This was not a refill, these were valid paper prescriptions dated for December 6, 2010. I immediately phoned my insurance company, Anthem, and discovered that my prescriptions were cleared for payment and for filling! ERIN KRUEGER LIED to me about insurance denying the prescriptions! ERIN KRUEGER also lied to my insurance company regarding my prescriptions. Anthem has documented records of them calling ERIN KRUEGER and her saying that it was "Walgreens policy" not to fill these prescriptions any more than two days early. This was proven to be untrue. As it turns out, it was ERIN KRUEGER's policy not to fill these prescriptions. It is NOT Walgreens policy, nor did my insurance deny these prescriptions. ERIN KRUEGER was hiding behind these lies as justification for her own mistake (as further admitted to Marcell Naddas, a Walgreens district manager). ERIN KRUEGER admitted to Mr. Naddas that she had, in fact, made a mistake, as Mr. Naddas admitted to me "that they had certainly dropped the ball". Please contact me if you have had the same issues regarding a prescription that you have had trouble being filled earlier than the previous month (either a refill or a paper prescription, I had paper prescriptions dated for the day I dropped them off, this was NOT even a refill!) and if anyone from this pharmacy refusing to fill the prescription no more than two days early and LYING about it! My insurance policy allows me to have ANY prescription filled or refilled two weeks into the current prescription. I received an apology letter from both ERIN KRUEGER and the district office in Carmel, but I am wanting to make sure that ERIN KRUERGER does not LIE to anyone else. In the apology letter, ERIN KRUEGER admits, now, that it was her "personal judgment" not to fill the prescriptions, instead of originally saying that, which I would have understood, and gladly taken my prescriptions elsewhere (which I had to do anyway), ERIN KRUEGER decided to lie! A manager of a pharmacy! I could not believe it! While it may be ERIN KRUEGER's right as a pharmacist to deny a prescription, I am sure that if she was truly comfortable with denying someone a prescription, she would not feel the need to LIE to customers and hide behind bogus policies, or telling customers of all things, their insurance denied payment! Unbelievable, this woman is a manager! Bottom line was for me, ERIN KRUEGER lied, first saying my insurance denied it, and second that it was "Walgreens policy" (to both me and Anthem), when all along it was simply her choice not to fill them! Once ERIN KRUEGER called me and told me that insurance denied the prescriptions, I had to return to the store, (at this point, I said to ERIN KRUEGER, "you should not tell someone that their insurance denied prescriptions, when it is NOT TRUE", to which she replied "that is not what is said, I said it was Walgreens policy", and I said, "No you did not", and again, she said, "yes I did", finally (rather than argue with her like a two-year old), I said, "you need to back my prescriptions out of the system and return them to me" (as instructed by Anthem, as they had already cleared for payment and filling). The paper prescriptions were returned to me by ERIN KRUEGER and I did have the prescriptions filled with no problem at another pharmacy. I would imagine that the other pharmacy does not employ liars! In the end, it did end up taking me around four hours from the time ERIN KRUEGER originally called me to get my filled prescriptions in hand. What a waste of my time!

• Ta
    Tamara Hamby Jun 12, 2011

Get over it. There are much worse things that could happen to you. The poor guy was just trying to save his back.

not far away Oct 14, 2012

I cannot believe someone said "get over it" That is whats wrong with the world today. I am with you on this, why lie? A professional person that holds the title of pharmacy head should not be lying to customers. These are people we depend on for our livelihood. I do not like people who lie and especially lie in a job like hers. They should be fired because the next lie may harm someones life.

lost insurance card

Today I left my insurance card with my prescription to be filled at walgreens. I never received my insurance card back. Not a big deal, except it had my full name and my date of birth on it!!! Then when I asked them about it they tried to tell me that they never received it. Are you kidding me??? And the best they could do is say that they could not find it. They never even said they were sorry. Beware!!!

very poor service from pharmact

Very poor service from the Pharmacy dept. as of late. Other people I know are saying the same things about Walgreens. When I see a decline in service from companies it usually means that management has gone down hill and they are desperate, and translates into a drop into the stock price, which means a stock shorting opportunity.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Jan 27, 2011

Stanley Kramer is that you?

misleading pricing

Walgreens shows their sale prices on the shelf. But when you get the register, they charge you a higher price. You have to watch them like a hawk and tell them they overcharged you. The clerks don't care that they overcharged you and they never apologize for it. Then you have to stand there and wait while the clerk looks for the coupon so that that she can ring up the correct price. I wonder how much money Walgreens makes on its unsuspecting consumers who think they are buying something for the advertised sales price and then get charged the full price. What a ripoff.

• Wa
    Walgreens Photo Specialist Apr 19, 2011

I do have to disagree. I work for Walgreens and have to state that just because one store is very rude and careless does not mean every store in the country is like that. I personally put extra thought and care when ringing out my customers to make sure they are getting the correct price and will also go the extra mile and try to find more savings for them. I do this because I know what it's like to go to the store and get charged the wrong price and have the employee not care less. I know in this day that every dime truly counts and will always treat my customers with absolute respect, loyalty and honesty. Some of us do actually care. Thank you! Sincerely loyal photo specialist.

• Lu
    luvnmykids52 Jun 19, 2011

it is the customers responsibility to have the coupons ready not the cashier, if you want the sale price, then have the coupon ready, the world is full of self-absorbed, entitled people, in reality, the person behind the register has many things to do, limited time to do them, to expect them to spend extra time searching for coupons and making the next customers in line wait is ridiculous

medication

When I had been sick, the doctor prescribed a medication for me that I would take. I went to Walgreens and ordered the medication. I had been prescribed to this drug before and knew how long it would be before it was ready. When I arrived back at Walgreens, the pharmacist handed me the bottle of medication. I paid and returned home. When I opened the bottle, the, the medication was a powder. I knew this wasn't correct from my past experiences with this drug. It was supposed to be a liquid. I returned to Walgreens and requested to speak to the manager. I showed him the bottle of powder and told him that it was not correct. As a result, they made me a second bottle of the medicine. This time, it was as it was should be.

angered and disapointed Feb 05, 2010

Dropped a perscription off at 11;ooam went back later was told i already picked it up! no i said ck your sig. book . they ckd no you did not pick up ok gave me script i got home ckd the script and they gave me 12 pills instead of 60 i called and they gave me a hard time told me it was right ! i said read it again it is take 1 every 12 hrs. not 12 quanity!! your right they say come in and get the rest i go in get the right amt. pay for them gave them another script to fill that they mail to your home . they say it will be delivered tuesday it is a next day delivery always i said mon. is exceptable but not tues. ok she says i had to tell her we pay today oh thanks they said ok now i go to pay she says 150.00 no it is never that high ck again! she does comes back and says oh its 30.00 much more like it wouldnt you say!! someone needs to check on those people working that pharmacy today!! there were other people having just as hard a time as me!! 1 woman dropped her persc. off at 1;00 came in at 8;00 and was told she had to wait another 30 min. unacceptable!!! please have someone ck. on them before they give someone the wrong meds. or short an elderly person who will run short before end of time!!! thank you

• Gu
    Guest This 222659 Feb 05, 2010

Sounds like Walgreen's -- the most incompotent pharmacy around today. I have had numerous problems with the pharmacy and the durable medical equipment division. Do you know that they even billed my insurance 7 months beyond the the purchase price. The billing is to stop once it meets the purchase price. I had to report that division to the Better Business Bureau in order to try and get a resolve. For the pharmacy -- I changed to CVS and all I can say is what a WONDERFUL difference. They fill the RX when they say it will be filled for the quantity indicated and it is ready when they say it will be. CAN YOU IMAGINE!! Walgreens is does not know what they are doing anymore from EVERY LEVEL, be it corporate, pharmacy, dme, photo, retail. Here I come CVS!!!

Razberri Jan 14, 2011

They got me for a $130.00. I received this box in the mail. Didn't who, what why or where it came from. I set it on the counter until I received either an invoice or email, something!. Yesterday I received a text msg from my bank alerting me my acct balance had dropped below the threshold low. As I stood baffled reading my text I also started to develop a migraine, stress related nausea & major anxiety because I had to call in to pay my light bill before the end of the day or my 5 children & I would be in the dark the next day. I pulled up my statement on the computer & all it had was a 800#. I called & they told me it was beyond the 10 day trial period, I asked her so "you're telling me I'm out $130.00"? She started to ramble typical crooked salesmen mumbo jumbo, whooptie whoop whoop & B.S. when I interupted and very aggitated and aggressivey I asked her "SO ARE U TELLING ME I'M OUT OF $130.00 THEN??!!! She said well, uh, uuhhh yes & I replied to that "That's ALL I ASKED YOU IDIOT"!! $130.00????? For crap I will never use, can't sell, can't give it away and every bone in my body is telling me it's a sin to throw away $130.00 of Brand New, Trendy cosmetics. I don't know what to do. I am sick. BTW, we won't be in the dark until Monday, nonetheless we will be in the dark & cold, we have ZERO Family here in S.A. It's that old feeling again, the Big guy steps all over the little guy, completely helpless, completely robbed & stolen from and because I am poor I have no where to turn for help & nobody to even talk to. This feeling of being victimized is very similar to the feeling felt after being robbed and mugged just without the physical wounds or fear they'll return to attack me again cause I cancelled my card. I didn't trust them that they wouldn't rob me again next month. The humility, panic, fear & worry over how I'm going to feed my children with out any electric is absolutely heartbreaking, embarrassing and scary. I could lose my family because these ###s in Harrisburg, PA. are sitting fat & full on my last $130.00 until only God knows when, I had to sell my kids Bunny and my bedroom set to pay my bills this month and this was the last of everything I owned with any kind of monetary value. I'm sure they're gonna eat & sleep & be warm with no worries though. Never again.

Razberri Jan 14, 2011

This is the same comment thread as above. Just hoping it isn't all chopped & screwed up like that one. I also had a picture attachment that isn't attached also. Basically it is a redo attempt:

Comments

THIS COMPLAINT IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNDER

"MINERAL ELEMENTS by Eden"

NOT WALGREEN'S!!!
    GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHH. I sure hope I don't have to write a complaint on this site for this site

• Jb
    jbman88 Jan 20, 2011

Thanks Brenda

• En
    Engineerswife07 Apr 04, 2011

Sounds to me like they gave you the medication without adding the water to it, I have had them do that to me only they didn't add the correct amount of water. So when I went back they still tried to blame it on me for not checking it BEFORE I left the store. It's always the customer's fault when it comes to them.

rude workers & unable to get my medication in a timely manner

Unable to receive my medications timely. Asked worker if she could call another Walgreens to find if they have the medications. She told me to call them myself.

• Pa
    Paulina26 Dec 12, 2013

Everytime I drop a prescription at Walgreens, it s a constant hassle. If if is not dispensed improperly, my script is sitting on some bin, the system is down or tehy just cannot get it right. It never fails, even though on my last experience, my script was dropped off before 4 pm, i was told to return at 6:30 pm (more than 2.5 hours later), What happened to the one hour. BS -- Upon my return I was told that my script was not there. Well, what happened, I guess you must have ghosts working there. (Very Efficient) BS. After discussing with the attendant, that I had dropped off my script, and the pharmacist continued harrasmnet. THat she did not have a prescription for me. Looked at another bin, and said. Ohhh our system was down, and we lost some scripts. Well, sure enough mine was part of that BS. AGAIN, I was told to return at 8:00 pm. Upon my return at 8:00 pm. had to wait about 15 minutes for the script. Wow, I guess it was not ready yet. Mind you this is an antibiotic, that was STAT, due to a pending surgery, which I explained to both attendants. Sincerely, in my opinion Walgreens has to step it up a notch. Otherwise, you will end up being another pharmacy. CVS has been growing alot lately. I see why. Very Angry anf Frustated Customer. Which is not planning on returning to any Walgreens. I encourage you to do a survey on your services, and see the outcome for yourselves. BTW, I am talking about the store located in Hialeah, FLorida(Plam Avenue and 49 ST)

survey on receipt

walgreens along with many other business over a money amount if u fill out a survey.This is on the receipt, i...

insurance fraud, failed to deliver meds, but billed insurance

Two Walgreens stores in Baytown TX are at fault, one refused to accept Military Tri Care Insurance, obious discrimination against veterans, rude, arrigant towards veterans, the second store, accepted the Military insurance for 90 day supply of med, but cheated the veteran by only putting 30 day supply in the large bottle, then repeately refused to correct the shortage, thus increasing their profits, to the detriment of the veterans health problems.
Three days later, after filing a complaint against the store, with Military Tri Care, the store reluctantly corrected the amount, but acted arrigant, rude, an indifferant, " its not a big deal " was what they told the veteran, TWICE, , a serious attutude problem, uncareing about the health problem of the veteran.

overworked managers

I know that the job market is low.. And yes I probably shouldn't be writing this.. However, I can not help the fact that the store managers of Walgreens do not get any compensations for putting in more time worked.. Yes I know we get the bonus once a year.. However, the company changed the fiscal year on us, so we all lost 2 months of bonus.. How does that work? We as store managers manage the store and pharmacy.. We are over all the pharmacist.. Now if the salaried pharmacist works more then 40 hours they get there "B Pay" overtime.. no questions asked.. If the store manager works 60-70 hours a weeks and asks for an extra day off.. Your pulling teeth.. We as store managers are the ones on the front line making this company money.. For the month of December..IN our district our Dm forced us all to work 29 days of December...What kind of company lets the DMs make up there own rules like that... I don't know I guess I'm just bitter in the fact the Dm doesn't have the decency to even give a "Sincere Thank YOU".. All he is worried about his million dollar house he just bought, that nobody in his district even gives a crap about.. yuuuuu.. Oh well I guess it could be worse..

Yours truely,
Overworked Manager

• Fe
    Fedupwithwags Mar 31, 2013

And you take it out on your employees. Here you are complaining because you have to work extra hours. At least you get a bonus. Your team members, who actually DO the work that gives you that bonus, are lucky if they get a bag of leftover Halloween candy for a Christmas bonus. Then you profess to have an open door policy, yet when a team member comes to you with a complaint, you retaliate. Managers lie, threaten, and bully because that's the Walgreens way. Forgive me for not being sympathetic, but I really am sick of store managers whining about having to "work".

• Je
    jentile1 Feb 13, 2014

The Managers at the Walgreen's where I work do a lot of work. However, we have a bunch of lazy workers there. I work in Photo, and I am overworked because I have to make up for the incompetent people who fail to do their job. Although the managers are always busy, they don't hold the employees accountable for their own jobs, and it always falls on me. I usually feel like I'm running a marathon trying to keep up. The stress is really getting to me. I go to work nauseated every day, and leave extremely agitated. (Sometimes I even cry my way home.) I like the Managers for the most part, but I hate that they don't hold the other people accountable, Is it just easier to pawn others' work on me than to hold the other employees accountable for their work, or lack of work? And, the work just keeps piling on me! I have to stay and close the store with the manager on duty EVERY night because they don't want to deal with the lazy, incompetent employees. I work hard, I'm always on time, and I RARELY take a break because I don't have time to. But, I have to cover breaks for the front cashier, and THAT is irritating! Especially when they demand a break "NOW" and I am really busy! A lot of customers have told me they thought I was a Manager because I am always working so hard when they come in. The worst part is that I haven't gotten a raise or anything like that. The Managers thank me and praise me for my hard work, but so what! Talk is cheap! If they started holding the other employees accountable for their own duties, I wouldn't be in such a stressful mess. Sometimes I understand why some people choose to live on the street...it is probably easier than MY JOB! I'm not even complaining about having to work hard, or even helping out other employees. It just sucks that I am taken advantage of because I have good work ethics. And, because I am there to pick up the slack from other employees, they aren't held responsible for their lack of work ethics. Needless to say, I am job searching!

customer waiting

I go to Walgreens at the very least, 5 times a week. I go to the same Walgreens because the staff i...

prescription mail-order

Absolute joke. Dealing with Walgreens mail order service has been a nightmare. Sent prescription and...

you have been out of it for months

You people had an ad in the paper about an item like Tylenol Arthritis. The ad read that if you bought...

ripped off on prescription

I noticed that Walgreens gave my mother a 30 day supply of Metoprolol ER Succinate 500 mg tablets, but...

wrong drug rude personal

I was given a hep A vaccine for a child twice, and both times had to return some distance from the drug store...

international calling card

I purchased an international calling card for an upcoming trip. The instructions on the card state that you need to call a 1-800 number to set up the card prior to your international travel. I called the number and was told that the card was no valid in the country I was traveling to. No where on the card does it state all of the locations where it is valid, so there is no way to know until you purchase it, scratch off for the pin #, call in the # & get the info. Now that I've found out it's not valid, I of course asked if it was returnable, since I can't use it. The answer was "no". Sounds like a scam to me & I'm out $25. Very disapointed in this product & in Walgreens for their calling card.

employee harrassment

The employees here are rude and i was told by a former employee of this store that she was harrassed to the point of quitting her job i have shopped in this store and had some of the worst experiences i have ever had in this store then i have ever had in an walgreens. I am very close to many employees in this store and have never ever heard of so much harrassment being gone in not just with the recent employee but many have quit due to certain woman and there awful remarks. One in specific i am not sure her name she is a short woman with curly hair and glasses i have heard some of the worst comments about other employees come out of this woman's mouth i do not think that women like this should be working with other people in what should be a pleasant work environment. I have also been told that even when brought to managements attention nothing has been resolved. This being a major point to to my problems here i would try and report my issue within the store to the upper authority but just assumed i would be wasting my time considering the employees don't even get there issues resolved. I think that something needs to be resolved in this location very soon or they may not have too many customers left before long.

• Ab
    abusedemployee Dec 18, 2010

This is what it is like to work as an assistant manager in some of the Walgreens stores...The manager says that he has paid his dues and therefore, he has paperwork to do and doesn't have time to help his assistants or to help customers. Assistants are not properly trained to perform the duties that you are expected to perform. When they fail to perform them correctly, they are punished. The manager is not interested in the personal situations of his assistants. Employees are afraid to ask for time off to care for sick family members or to attend school functions and meetings. The stores are understaffed during busy times. Managers are not given break or meal periods, therefore they most often go 9 - 10 hours without food. As yourself as a customer, if Walgreens doesn't care about there own employees, just how much do they care about their customers?