Having problems with Omantel?

Omantel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 27, 2008. The latest review our number 26731912 was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint new broadband connection was resolved on Mar 26, 2018. Omantel has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 63 reviews. Omantel has resolved 4 complaints.

Omantel Customer Service Contacts

1234 (Call Centre)
1305 (International Operator)
1010 (Directory Information)
1235 (Business Call Centre)
+968 24 242 424 (Head Office)
P.O. Box: 789, Postal Code 112 Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman
Oman

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Omantel Customer Service. Initial Omantel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Omantel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Omantel. Discuss the issues you have had with Omantel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Omantel Complaints & Reviews

Omantelour number [protected]

Dear sir
with due respect, i am writing this letter to inform you that my
home wi-fi connection is disturbed from last few weeks .I am facing trouble as i am having most of work is done online and for that i need a proper internet connection .
In my modem last server light is not working proper, we raise compiaint to omantel they says it was the problem of modem .Today i buy new modem and set, now also i am facing same problem.
Computer operator says its the problem of line only not modem .
I have already made a complaint but no one took any action upon it .I request you again to send someone from your office to check my connection.I expect a quick response as satisfying your customers should be your first priority.

Feb 12, 2021

Omantel — Bad service

On January 16th we applied for switching our fiber internet connection to another building. When we went to...

OmantelHome internet cancellation

To Whom It may Concern,
    I have cancelled home internet related to the number [protected] at 18/8/2020 at City Center shop.
    I made a new one in my new home. I called the customer service 6 times and went 3 times to the city center mall to follow up on the cancellation process. Still it is pending and I have received 2 bills on my old home internet that I am not using (72 OMR).
    It is not my fault if the customer service is not doing their job and didn't cancel from the first time.
    I want to cancel the internet related to number [protected] and cancel its bill from my account (72 OMR).

Best Regards,
    Hussein El Haj Ahmad

Apr 22, 2020

Omantel — Complaint progress

I subscribed to omantel services in a previous home in sur, oman during 2019. However, I moved in june 2019...

Omantelextra bill payment added in my account

I am not using my landline already inform to cancel but no body is helping for it and due to delay also from omantel to clear my complaint they are asking for pay me to pay the amount which is wrong and they take 2 year to clear my complaint.
      They will have to clear my complaint and i am not going to pay any amount as i have already inform to cancel my lanlinexbut dtill they have kept it on and they are continues generating bill.
      My landline [protected]

Dec 17, 2019

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — omantel homebrand internet connection

Dears, I have been using last four (4) years Omantel Home Broadband internet connection. i have shifted in...

Dec 07, 2019

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — Data sim coverage

[protected], [protected], [protected] are Data SIMs from Omantel, 40 GB per month, 12 months contract, however the...

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelfixed line - home broadband

Dear Sir,
        I would like to inform you that on 30/10/2019, we submitted application for change our fixed line location. Three times I contact with omantel customer care and Two times Sohar outlet. we are getting answer 'we will put a mail to technical department'. Till now we didn't get any calls or any information from your technical department. Me and my wife, both are working. When we are on duty, our kids are alone at home. we contact with them only through land line.
        So please do the needful..

Ligi Jose
        Mob:[protected]

fixed line - home broadband

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelnew omantel optical fibre connection

Dear sir,

I have applied for the new omantel Optical fibre connection last week on Monday 9th Sep 19 and since then 08 days has passed and still waiting for the connection setup to made in my home. I have approached Omantel in person and on phone and requested them to launch complaint but instead it was said that they will write a mail to the installation department, It was committed to complete the connection within 03 working days.
          Please resolve the complaint immediately.

Vikas Bhadoria
          [protected]

Oman Telecommunications Company / OmantelFiberoptic connection

I applied for Sohar branch. Very long time till now no update more than 2 weeks now they said 3-10 days only there will be connection. They didnt say requirements at the beginning. Already submitted but till now no update. Even customer service only doing follow up but no feedback happening.
            Very poor performance of service. People will be willing to pay for right and speedy service than free but vereeerrrrryyyy pooooooor service. You have to look for another sub contructor for the connection. Rating is 1 out of 10.
            My application is 359093 mobile [protected]

Oman Telecommunications Company / OmantelHome broadband connection

I have shifted my flat on January 2019 to new place.During that time, i have disconnected the connection and took new connection in my flat.
              Since past 6 to 7 months, i am getting bill from my old adsl line.
              I have raised the complaint many times (more than15 times) and followed up the case around 7 months.No action has taken place.
              Customer team always says that they will mail to IT team to do the needful.But until now, nothing has been done.

Really don't know what to do ?? Hope you guys can help me !!
              Landline number new : [protected]
              Landline number Old : [protected]

Aug 05, 2019

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — landline connection not working

My land line number is [protected], its has been not functioning since yesterday evening around 18.00 hrs We...

Aug 04, 2019

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — dsl connection problem

I am so sick and tired of writing emails to Omantel customer care, always get replies reassuring that...

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelpersonal sim card change to others

My name is shobin. Working in oman. Now I am jest leave vacation in india.

My oman tell personal number I using three years with out any problems

Till yeasterday.

Yesterday evevning my phone number is not active.

After the request to oman tell get one reply ' its changed for others'

Please read the sending message bellow.

Oman tell saying have evidence. What is the evidence mean? This my personal sim card.

Kindly do enquiry with take an action as soon as possible..

I cant leave the number becoz lot of valuble contact this number,

[dear shobin cn​

Greetings of the day!

Many thanks of your e-mail to writing us,

Subject! Number transfer

This has with reference to the captioned subjected e-mail, we'd like to state that with your mutual understanding today number has transfer to other subscriber name, we have an evidence, now this number is not under your name any more

Regards]

Subject: message from customer

Message subject:

Number is not working
                Message text:

I am shobin in oman my mob no is [protected].
                Its not working.
                Customer details:

Name: shobin cn
                Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                Phone: [protected]

May 15, 2019

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — shifting wifi

We have apply on 27th april 2019. Regarding shifting my wifi from old accomodation to new accommodation. Till...

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelhome broadband by omantel

I had complained regarding internet not working since one week now. There is no progress at all. I have been following up with call center 3 times a day I get only one reply we have forwarded it to technical department, they will contact you. Till date no one has contacted me, I also said them give me the contact details I will contact them but call center says they don't have their contact details.
                  Finally today on 20/02/2019 I was told there will be someone coming as they have allotted the case to different technician, and this was told to me 2 times and it is 6.30 PM no one has contacted me.

• Be
                      Beenish Shafi May 22, 2019

hi did your issue got solved?

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantelinternet issue

Hi,

These days I'm having an internet issue in my home broad band . Very slow connection. My connection speed is 4mbps and i thing I'm not getting that speed properly in my home. Please sort out this issue as soon as possible

Adsl No : [protected]

Contact: number : [protected]

Note :

* All the bills are settled
                    * only one or two devices connected to WiFi at a time
                    * no one hacked my connection, because I'm using MAC filter
                    * internet slow within full WiFi range
                    * This issue is continuing more than 3 months

Arshad

• Updated by Badurdeen Arshad · Dec 06, 2018

Hi,

These days I’m having an internet issue in my home broad band . Very slow connection. My connection speed is 4mbps and i think I’m not getting that speed properly in my home. Please sort out this issue as soon as possible

Adsl No : [protected]

Contact: number : [protected]

Note :

* All the bills are settled
                        * only one or two devices connected to WiFi at a time
                        * no one hacked my connection, because I’m using MAC filter
                        * internet slow within full WiFi range
                        * This issue is continuing more than 3 months

Arshad

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — the standard of service from omantel

I put my first complaint in regarding my internet in my house on the 27th July 2018, Below is all the...

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — internet

It's been 2 months since my wifi is not working properly and i have called the call center 6 times in the...

Muscat

Oman Telecommunications Company / Omantel — landline disconnected but again asking for money

Dear Oman tell I have disconnected my landline no against oifc receipt no [protected] date 28th Dec...

Muscat