Menu
Omantel
reviews & complaints

Omantel
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints
4 resolved 70 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Omantel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
2:08 am EDT

Omantel - Selling non functioning Gift cards

-my names Mohsin Al Amri my issue is aproximate two months back I purchased 2google gift cards which were not functioning at all.. I filled a complain to get refunds since then I'm waiting 2months has passed all requested details even my bank account I provided why treating loyal customers as this... An organisation as omantel should not react like this selling gift cards with issues and refuse to pay refunds... Why other companies are paying instantly refunds..

I attached all required proof and details.. Requesting my refund.

Best regards..

Mohsin Al amri

Gsm: +968 [protected]

9:12 am EDT

Omantel - Poor service from Omantel

For the last 12days, my landline and internet is not working . I registered complaint but until now it’s not resolved .

I reached customer care more than 100 times and I had visited outlet more than 4 times , chatted in watsapp, twitted in Twitter and even I reached HQ but no response at all . Even no one is reached to me regarding this complaint . Whenever I’m calling, they are saying complaint is still under process. Horrible service from omantel . Even I want to cancel the service but they charging penalty of 110 OMR where I have contract for 1 year with fibre connection which I have not requested .

Complaint number : IM2054540

Landline number : [protected]

1 comment
Jun 05, 2022 1:09 am EDT

Hi,

My Wify Modem is not working since 04-06-2022.

The modem Is taken on 16-07-2019 at Khasab, yesterday morning the wify symbol on the modem doesn't appear and the name of the wify network is not detected in the phone.

I called customer care 5 times and the restart/ reset has been done but couldn't solve the issue and asked me to go nearest Omantel store. The store did not provide a solution as they treat this issue will only resolve by customer care.

I was not quite happy with the customer care approach and seeking the solution to the problem.

Without using the Wify, omantel will definitely charge 25.2 OMR for the next month. Please resolve.

R
6:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

March 12 2022 we apply in omantel darsait muscat oman wifi until now they not coming in our house today date is March 24 2022. Toou mch time. We don't know if they going to install or not, every day telling tomorrow coming but still not coming.

G
9:07 am EST

Omantel - Fiber optic connection

On 7th February 22 I requested for fiber optic connection and replied to Omantel message as acceptance of Omantel offer. I received automatic message saying thank you for accepting offer but until today 10 march 22 there is no connection or reply from Omantel I called call center twice and also register the complaint twice but still no connection or reply

This is very bad for Omantel

Desired outcome: Immediately connect fiber optic connection

C
10:26 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My fixed landline wifi connection now too slow speed...please make increase my network speed ASAP.

12:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have closed my internet connection in Jul 2021, but still I have not received my deposit Telephone - [protected] ([protected])

5:05 am EST

Omantel - Complain about of Sim bill

My name is touqeer raza I'm from Pakistan know I m working in Oman . I'm using Omantel sim number I did install internet package for month which charge's of package 17 riyal .But ofter the end of package they send 23 riyal bill of package .they have send me more then 5 riyal.

P
11:26 am EST

Omantel - Omantel Broadband

I applied for Oman broadband connection on 28th oct 21.
On 31st Oct 21, some technicians visited by home and provided connection.

It worked for 1 day, and after that stopped working since then, till now.

I called 1235, thrice, they told me they have registered complaint, but no action.
I even wrote complaint online, but no action.

I am visiting your Omantel store in Qurum city Centre, every day for follow-up, but no action till now.

Request you to please intervene and resolve the issue.

Connection Reference number : 541913
Complaint number provided by Omantel Store (QCC) : SD0987495

Desired outcome: Activate Broadband connection

T
12:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The biggest dissapoitment!!! I decided to cancel and move my own company and personal Wifi and phone after your failure in the app after today. I would rather pay other company than receiving services like this! Sad and dissapointed after being a loyal customer for years. [protected] Never again

D
4:01 am EDT

Omantel - Broadband connection problem

My name is vikas babu sorabh(indian) my id no is [protected] i am located in al wadi al kabir, al walja, sadween building flat no 11 (company accommodation). We are all using omantel broadband connection in room, oman tel cosumer no [protected] connection taking by my roommate mr arun bhadran id no is [protected]

last 3 days our net speed is very low. We are paying 20.000 omr on 9/10/2021 through online now due amount is 22.285. Last three days our net not working properly

please take remedial actions

our contact numbers are as follows
vikas gsm [protected]
anas gsm [protected]
sabu gsm [protected]
our company mail id [protected]@gmail.Com

8:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

From last 4 months the wifi is not working properly in my house. The speed of the net is very slow even to watch a video is not possible as it keeps on buffering. My account no is [protected].

T
11:01 am EDT

Omantel - our number [protected]

Dear sir
with due respect, i am writing this letter to inform you that my
home wi-fi connection is disturbed from last few weeks .I am facing trouble as i am having most of work is done online and for that i need a proper internet connection .
In my modem last server light is not working proper, we raise compiaint to omantel they says it was the problem of modem .Today i buy new modem and set, now also i am facing same problem.
Computer operator says its the problem of line only not modem .
I have already made a complaint but no one took any action upon it .I request you again to send someone from your office to check my connection.I expect a quick response as satisfying your customers should be your first priority.
Thanks

Desired outcome: CONTACT NUMBER [protected]

8:15 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On January 16th we applied for switching our fiber internet connection to another building. When we went to the Oman Tel service in Sohar. The connection was in the name of a friend so they wanted a friend to come. The friend had gone to Buraimi for work and said he would come back a month later. Then they told him that if they told him he could apply to...

H
3:21 am EDT

Omantel - Home internet cancellation

To Whom It may Concern,
I have cancelled home internet related to the number [protected] at 18/8/2020 at City Center shop.
I made a new one in my new home. I called the customer service 6 times and went 3 times to the city center mall to follow up on the cancellation process. Still it is pending and I have received 2 bills on my old home internet that I am not using (72 OMR).
It is not my fault if the customer service is not doing their job and didn't cancel from the first time.
I want to cancel the internet related to number [protected] and cancel its bill from my account (72 OMR).

Best Regards,
Hussein El Haj Ahmad

12:48 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I subscribed to omantel services in a previous home in sur, oman during 2019. However, I moved in june 2019. After an omantel engineer came to the new house he told me that there was no available wifi cabling installed. So, I went to the city walk mall branch of omantel and explained these circumstances to an employee. She completed a form, I paid what wa...

F
1:30 pm EST

Omantel - extra bill payment added in my account

I am not using my landline already inform to cancel but no body is helping for it and due to delay also from omantel to clear my complaint they are asking for pay me to pay the amount which is wrong and they take 2 year to clear my complaint.
They will have to clear my complaint and i am not going to pay any amount as i have already inform to cancel my lanlinexbut dtill they have kept it on and they are continues generating bill.
My landline [protected]

11:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dears, I have been using last four (4) years Omantel Home Broadband internet connection. i have shifted in the same location and same building (only flat number changed 22 to 23) hence i approached (15.12.19) Omantel office and asked them to shift my internet connection and also upgrade my plan (4mbps to 16mbps). Then they advised to cancel the current...

P
5:02 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

[protected], [protected], [protected] are Data SIMs from Omantel, 40 GB per month, 12 months contract, however the SIMs do not function well due to bad Omantel coverage. Either Omantel improve the coverage, or I want to cancel the contract without any penalty. My location is just South of Duqm, where the company Galfar is building a new Fishing Harbor. Omantel phone...

B
8:33 am EST

Omantel - fixed line - home broadband

Dear Sir,
I would like to inform you that on 30/10/2019, we submitted application for change our fixed line location. Three times I contact with omantel customer care and Two times Sohar outlet. we are getting answer 'we will put a mail to technical department'. Till now we didn't get any calls or any information from your technical department. Me and my wife, both are working. When we are on duty, our kids are alone at home. we contact with them only through land line.
So please do the needful..

Regards
Ligi Jose
Mob:[protected]

V
2:36 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Omantel - new omantel optical fibre connection

Dear sir,

I have applied for the new omantel Optical fibre connection last week on Monday 9th Sep 19 and since then 08 days has passed and still waiting for the connection setup to made in my home. I have approached Omantel in person and on phone and requested them to launch complaint but instead it was said that they will write a mail to the installation department, It was committed to complete the connection within 03 working days.
Please resolve the complaint immediately.

Regards