Having problems with Vodacom?

Vodacom Customer Service Contacts

+27 82 111 (Customer Service)
+27 821 904 (Vodacom Fibre)
+27 82 135 (Data Support)
+27 821 958 (Cancellations)
+27 821 7844 (Sales & Upgrades)
+27 821 960 (Vodacom Business)
+27 821 940 (Vodacom Corporate)
+27 116 535 000 (Head Office)
082 Vodacom Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vodacom Customer Service. Initial Vodacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vodacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vodacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Vodacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vodacom Complaints & Reviews

VodacomBroken profile and negative impact on personal credit

Good day.

It came to my attention after I applied for an additional line on my account of only one line that after it declined that on my credit profile they filed a missed payment.

I have never missed any payments and there system when I enquire shows no issues.

Since then, in trying to sort out this issue, nobody can help and every one is applying over and over again, Wich is now not indirectly but directly effecting my credit profile.

At this point I am complaining every where I can so that the person who can help hopefully sees this and addresses the issue.

Thanks.

VodacomVodacom Viber

To whoever might read this,

I applied in October 2020 for Vodacom Viber. After cancelling my Telkom contract for uncapped data, I was informed by Vodacom (after they delivered the modem to my house) that I will have to wait - it might take up to three months for the installation (why Sales did not inform me about this I do not know). In any case, it is costing me an arm and a leg for data (check my mobile account ([protected]) as well as my Vodacom Rooter ([protected]) for the extensive usage over the past three months. This is apart from the temporary Telkom data package I was forced to subscribe to. Please take note that I work from home and spend virtually the whole day on my computer.

I have lodge complaints in this regard twice at the Viber Helpdesk (!) who promised me to "speed up the process" but to no avail. Could someone please come back to me regarding the anticipated installation date.

My second complaint involved your Vodabucks Shop where I paid R599 on the 9th or 10the of December for a pair of Sketchers on my credit card. Nobody came back to me to enquire about the size of the shoes or delivery address. Could you please come back to me on this issue as well.

Prof TE du Plessis
    tommy.[protected]@nwu.ac.za
    [protected]@gmail.com

VodacomLate no delivery

I upgraded one of my numbers [protected] I was told my the consultant at the Vodacom Service centre in Vanderbijlpark the phones will be here on Monday the 4th of Jan I called at 9:20 only to be told they only made the orders today
      139 Rossini Boulevard
      1911 Vanderbijlpark
      Gauteng - South Africa

VodacomMy Contract Upgrade deal - not what was agreed

Hi,

I upgraded my contract in December 2020.
        Here is what was agreed with the consultant:

Device: Samsung A31
        Device: Samsung Smart Watch
        2GB Anytime data per month
        R125 airtime per month

Total monthly premium: R329.00

Instead I was put on Uchoose Flexi 175:

Airtime: R175.00
        Promo data : 20GB (expires on 29/01/2021)

There was NO 2GB for January 2021

I had already spoken to 2 of your consultants but they are both giving me the runaround.

PATHETIC !!!

Please correct this immediately.

Thanks
        Mr L Singh

Vodacomvodacom cell insurance

I have applied for a insurance claim on my device which was stolen on the 21-12-2020 Vodacom got back to me stating they cannot pay out for my claim as I has another simcard in my device, I advised them that I do have a dual sim device Samsung galaxy s20 ultra and that my contract simcard and simcard supplied by my company has been in the phone at the time it was stolen they advised that they still cant pay out as I did not notify them about the second sim inserted in my device, advised the salesperson that I was never told to notify them when I do such action but she still said there's nothing I can do, and I urgently need a device which I am still paying for

VodacomProcessed upgrade as a new contract

Vodacom in error creating a new contract for me instead of processing an upgrade, to date no resolve has been made. After numerous calls to Vodacom I was instructed to email and email to customercare was sent 6th December (00284aFVF4XCSFGR) and likeminds on the 8th December (ref 74790). Numerous follow ups on Facebook messenger with the Vodacom Social Media team, and still no resolve!
            Nobody is reading my email of what is required and getting frustrated! All I require is what I confirmed over the phone which is an upgrade and not a new contract.

Prof Neels Feb 03, 2021

I have exactly the same problem. And nobody at Vodacom is willing to take up the issue and even try to help you. I was instructed to return the devices that I have received per courier (Unused, in the same state that I have received them, and original packaging) and start the upgrade process from scratch. Phone calls are not being answered, and if answered are cut-off the moment that they hear your complaint - do not even try to send an email, they are totally ignoring it/them.

Prof Neels Jan 25, 2021

Was your problem solved? I have exactly the same problem (asked for the upgrade of two existing contracts - got three (additional) new contracts instead).

• Sh
                Shellyy946 Jan 25, 2021

@Prof Neels I eventually sent the ceo via LinkedIn a message and got this email
                [email protected] (Xoliswa) I have made some slow progress and should hopefully all be resolved soon

Prof Neels Jan 25, 2021

@Shellyy946 Thank you - I will follow in your "footsteps" and do the same.

VodacomCellular Line Upgrade

Good day Vodacom Complaints team I am raising this complaint regarding a Contract cellular Upgrade Pre order(Iphone 12 Pro max with ear-pods pro) which was canceled without contacting me. I called on the 11 December to make an Upgrade to my existing contract and pre- order the ( Iphone 12 Pro max with ear-pods pro) for cellular number [protected]). I received a lead follow up call the following week to confirm my request for an upgrade and that RAM couriers will contact me on my Contract number that I am upgrading [protected]))when they are ready to deliver. I have just learnt when I followed up on my order status yesterday afternoon the 21st December that my order was canceled. Every agent that I have spoken too regarding why my order has been canceled has contradicted each other. Other agents advised it is due to me not being reachable by Vodacom on other numbers besides the contract number [protected]) I was told I would be reached on. Others agents said RAM couriers were not able to reach me. Other Agents advised my order was canceled due to them detecting a sim swap on my contract number [protected]). I must state that I was not at any point told when I called vodacom to initiate my upgrade and place a preorder about the above criteria, nor was I told about all the hoops I could need to jump on the Lead call I received from Vodacom. However conveniently and without any calls to me or emails, my upgrade request has been canceled. I believed these are not the Vodacom values that you uphold and live by in the way that I have received such poor customer service. I have been taken from pillar to post by every consultant that I have spoken too and all of them have been dismissive. Now I am being hold I need to go to a Vodacom store to apply again from scratch for the upgrade. I have no issues with that Provided I will receive the phone that I have pre Ordered on that day I get to the store. I have 2 cellular contract and a Fiber contract with Vodacom. Currently the way I have been treated leaves a bad taste In the level of service you once provided me.

Prof Neels Feb 03, 2021

I have had exactly the same experience. In my case the requested upgrades were not done but new contracts were issued. I received the devices included as part of the upgrade, per courier. Vodacom cannot correct this mistake, and I must return the devices (in their original state and package) and apply from scratch for the upgrade - except, the devices that I have received (and already use) cannot form part of the upgrade deal - no reason given for that as no one is answering the phones or answers emails. This is definitely not good customer service.

Dec 17, 2020

Vodacom — Cancellation of accounts not in use

Accounts not cancelled after varies queries as well as emails written as well as phone calls. Email...

VodacomUpgrades

I Marina Clasen ‪[protected]‬ recently upgraded on my 2 contracts. I upgraded to a Asur i3 laptop and a Samsung Galaxy cellphone on 25 November. My goods haven't been delivered as of yet since RAM couriers did a pathetic job. My packages has been returned to Vodacom but nobody informed me how my upgrade will proceed and when I will receive my goods. Can I please have a feedback on this upgrade
                Greetings
                ‪[protected]‬
                Sent from my Huawei phone

VodacomVodacom Fibre

Had Vodacom fibre connected to my home approximately one month ago. Internet has been down for 95% of the time. Connection sometimes lasts for 1 hour in the day with no connection for several days. Called the fibre customer service 4 times but still no connection. I have 23 months left on the contract with no connection but have to pay my monthly subscription. Is this not fraud? Charging for no internet connection. Can't cancel as I have to pay the full outstanding amount for the remaining 23 months.

VodacomFibre

-name is Lisa Sibanda
                    - Vodacom Fibre Number is SO201117-277235.
                    I placed my order about a month ago and since then I had no contact from vodacom, today on the 15th of december I am calling them again to follow up on my order and I am told that I have to wait for 21 days for my wifi to be installed,
                    I called in 2 weeks back again and I spoke to justin boer from vodacom he rest assured me that by last week thursday my wifi will be installed,
                    Since then I have been communicating with him via email to find out what is the delay is for but no response from him.
                    I am very unhappy with what vodacom is doing,
                    I had expressed myself in the beginning that I need the wifi for the beginning of december,
                    Now I am spending more money buying data because I had not budgeted to do so in december.
                    Please do check the emails and see that no communication was made rergading the waiting period.

VodacomDeducting acc damage insurance after contract expired

My cell nr [protected]
                      Account nr [protected]-6
                      My contract expired with Vodacom and I was contacted by Vodacom for Airtime subs - U choose flexi rental R56.52
                      At first they only deducted the airtime subs, but now the last few months they are deducting the accidental damage insurance again with the amount of R118. Why is this happening?? This is not a new cellphone contract. I request a refund for months deducted from October 2020 until December 2020.
                      Subscription Charges
                      8.69
                      Total Subscription Charges
                      160.61

VodacomFibre installation

I'm paying for a fibre contract 8 months already and it has not been installed in my unit. I was promised that I will be installed within 3 months. I was only given a router with monthly 100G data. Vodacom refused to switch to uncapped data due to the delay in the installation. I have since learnt that there is wi-fi cables in my area but I have been made to wait 8 months for installation, paying a full subscription. I'm a loyal vodacom customer of so many years. I won't be renewing my primary contract with vodacom, I feel abused. My 4 children could not study and attend online classes during the lockdown due to this experience. The TV box I had purchased for streaming was a waste. My conclusion is that vodacom does not care about me and my family. I just wonder if all customers of different races are treated this way.

Fibre installation

VodacomOnline store product advertised - no stock for more than 2 weeks and was told until february no stock

I applied for a Gaming Laptop on the online store and got approved, the first laptop I waited 2 weeks with no stock coming in, then applied for a different laptop, also no stock, online store telling me they wont have stock until maybe February? Why advertise the deal if there is NO STOCK??

Dec 01, 2020

Vodacom — Contracts that a offered over the phone

Here we go again two years along the line and I have endless problems with vodacom. I am really really...

Nov 30, 2020

Vodacom — Resolution to incorrect contract upgrade which finally impacted all vodacom accounts and credit score

Vodacom complete lack of customer services, and incorrect upgrade of contract has resulted in complete lock...

Nov 30, 2020

Vodacom — Hard to cancel old unused contracts

Sitting with 3 x unused contracts that are being paid for every month, should be a quick, 1, 2, 3, step to...

VodacomMy sim card is not working

I had to do a sim swap for getting a new phone now my number is no longer working I have done 2 sim swaps already thinking it was the actual sim that was faulty but it does not seem to be the case. I logged a service request on my line but still nothing has happend. I need this problem resolved asap. This has caused me loss of business and is unacceptable. The number that I am having a problem with is [protected]

VodacomUpgrade package/account

Good day
                              RE: Vodacom: I4309875
                              I have upgraded during the early time of lockdown, where a sales person spoke to me and my wife to get a better package, I was told the account will be around r1200 a month that never happened, I am up and down to vodacom outlets to try to fix this problem, every time I am told "we will take the extra data packages off" that vodacom add to the account every month! This never ever happened! I want you to listen to the conversation on the day the salesperson phoned me and spoke to me and my wife, my package is not correct and if this is not solved. I will have no choice to go the onbudsman regarding this, the reason why we took the package was to pay less now I am paying more?
                              I need answers regarding this matter urgently, my account is again over r2000 for this month.
                              Thanks Colin Cillie

• Wo
                                  WorldTraveller Dec 09, 2020

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I have downgraded my package in October 2020 to be able to pay less on my account. Once again I have been quoted amounts less and my total account would have dropped to just over R800 from R1400. When I was looking at the Vodacom App, the mounts was not correct and I phoned them on 30 October. They have corrected the November account but when the invoice were produced for Dec 2020 the amount was over R2100.00. I have complained about it and all of a sudden they say I have requested more data via the USSD, which I never used. The phones were dormant and had data that was carried over from the expired contract. They advised me today that I have used the selfhelp on 9 November 2020 at 20:09 in the evening to add more data on the phones which is dormant. Even if you check there is no usage on them. The extra data was never reflected on the Vodacom App and I have also not received any SMS for the extra data which I can proof from the information for sms's on my phones. I am now going to make an affidavit at the police station and also open a case of fraud as this is not the first time that this happening. Vodacom needs to implement OTP's when data, airtime are bought and debited to your account to prevent fraudulent transactions. Also sms's and /or e-mail needs to be send to the recipient so that this can be picked up earlier.
                                  Thanks, Elize Breytenbach

Nov 26, 2020

Vodacom — Device insurance

I logged a call in October 2019, indicating that I wanted my insurance cancelled as I had gone with another...