Menu
Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)
reviews & complaints

www.bbt.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 975 Reviews

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Complaints Summary

181 Resolved
794 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)'s very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Claimed
Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank). We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) reviews & complaints 975

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) reviews & complaints

J
11:21 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) loan transfer

my loan was transferred to truist they did not pay or recognize my insurance company liberty mutual. i switched insurance that talked and paid truist directly on aug 8 2023.now they say i have a gap in coverage which they made from august 1 to august 7. i paid liberty mutual 28.51 for this gap in coverage and cancelled on august 7 2023. truist refuses to ackknowledge liberty mutual said this charge of 28.51 was for this gap coverage. truist continues to harass send letters talking to them does not help there totally incompetent.

Desired outcome: i wanna file a complaint with the state of kentucky and take them to court for damages at this point

G
10:14 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Customer service for hoa payments

In April 2023, I paid my HOA dues online through Truist. At the end of the month, my HOA association notified me that my dues had not been paid, incurring a total of $114 in late fees and penalties. I had a confirmation# from Truist, so I contacted them and (after holding 40 minutes!) an extremely rude customer service rep told me that I had entered my...

F
1:54 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Credit card late fee

I sent check in 13 days before it was due from Florida, and they charged me a late fee. They got the check one day late. They dropped down my credit line on my credit card by $3,000. Never been late with a payment my credit score is 634. The girl on the phone had a bad connection she said there fixing the line. They did drop my payment down to $90 from $160 but still charged me a late fee. I hope there not holding back depositing checks. There is no way it took a check 13 days to get to Baltimore from Florida.

Desired outcome: Get rid of my late fee. $27

12:42 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Account freeze racial profiling

On 9/28/2023 I attempted to complete a wire transfer on behalf of my finance' business for $37,000. Upon attempting to complete this transfer I was advised that I needed to provide a statement from the bank that the check I initially deposited on 09/19/2023 had cleared. Mind you this check was held by Truist for 7 days per their statement that it wa...

1:22 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) GAP contract refund

I paid my auto loan off in May and requested a refund of the remainder of the GAP insurance contract. When no refund was issued I contacted the dealer where the car and GAP contract were purchased. Here is the response:

wrote:

Good Morning,

"Truist sent us a letter in May to Cancel the GAP contract and send the reimbursement to them so they were able to refund you for the GAP.

The check was sent to Truist on May 30th and cashed by Truist on June 12th.

The check number is 49311 in the amount of $698.83 for your reference."

Karina Sanchez

Accounting Assistant

Earth MotorCars

Address:

3216 Kellway Dr. Carrollton Texas, 75006

Phone:

[protected] Ext: 412

Desired outcome: Refund in the amount of $698.83.

T
4:06 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Deposit of Estate Check on hold

I recently lost my mother and went through probate to clear the estate. When I received my settlement check from the estate I deposited this check into my checking account and was told that due to having a couple of small overdrafts this past year, they were going to place a hold on my check funding for about 10 days. With the weekends it is 14 days. WTF who has the right to steal my mothers money and hold it, as a punishment for having very small overdrafts in the past? Pennsylvania Law is clear and Truist is violating the law. 3921. Theft by unlawful taking or disposition.

(a) Movable property. — A person is guilty of theft if he unlawfully takes, or exercises unlawful control over, movable property of another with intent to deprive him thereof.

Desired outcome: Truist needs to review this policy with an attorney. Deposits are just that and with digital banking it is clear if their is fraud or something almost right away.

C
4:05 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Saving accounts

I have two accounts with Truist which total $21,000. These accounts are never used and the money just sits there. I check the balance at least once per year. These accounts were originally in BB&T and I have held them for over a decade with no problems. Upon checking my balance in September 2023, I noticed fraudulent charges on a debit card in one of my...

3:49 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Fraudulent activity

I have been going back & fourth with Truist bank teammates, main branch, fraud department, headquarters by phone, online banking, and emailed them proof of all documentation of the fraudulent check which does not have my signature, hold on fund’s statements &closed account showing no one could withdraw funds, and overdraft statements which was impossible to...

J
3:53 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Fraud Dispute

20 min wait to spek to Account Security for fraudulent charges; the rep took 30 min jumping back& forth between two slow running systems to cancel the card, then says I must call the Dispute Center. The operator there said she can do nothing since the charges are pending, it's MY job to check the status and call back -so why was I sent there?

INCOMPETENCE.

Desired outcome: 1) Cut down wait times 2) Streamline departments we don't have to guess which one does what 3) TRIUST should do the legwork for this situation, do NOT put the onus of responsibility back on the customer!

3:48 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Truist

TRUIST tells us to report fraudulent activity IMMEDIATELY and then you do it as soon as you notice it but tell you they can’t help you because it’s pending and they have to let the FRAUDULENT charge go through first.

So why exactly are you telling us to report it immediately if there is nothing you can do to help ? ILL TELL YOU WHY. Because they make money off all the over draft charges you get hit with from the FRAUDULENT charge that took your bank account negative. So of course they want the charge to go through so they get 35x7 ! TRUIST IS THE WORST BANK EVER!

Desired outcome: HELP ME WITH THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES AND NOT MAKE ME WAIT AND HIT ME WITH OVER DRAFT FEES

4:01 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Fraudulent overdraft charges on a fraudulent check

Fraudulent overdraft charges on a fraudulent check that I am being accused of depositing, could not upload documents for proof below occurrence of event stated below, having trouble uploading documentation , will try to upload event & proof with photos below. I am dealing with health issues and is in pain I am not able to rewrite the whole event over again, but it can be viewed under “Knowingly as a Review” Thank you.

Desired outcome: stop defaming my name by accusing me of depositing a fraudulent check and stop threatening to ruin my credit. We both have a copy of the check that doesn’t have my signature. I would like my name cleared an apology from Truist Bank.

A
5:16 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Debit gift card

I received a BB&T Visa gift card in March 2020 that I never had activated or used with a "good thru" date on the front of the card of 12/26. I decided to use it recently and called to activate it. I was told that it had been "closed". When I called cardholder services I was told that a $3.00 month charge was assessed after 12 months of dormancy. On the...

View 0 more photos
W
10:05 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Credit card

I filed a claim for close to 4000.00 in fraud on my credit card no one has contacted me since June 29, 2023 Truist is reporting this fraudulent balance to the credit bureau's now i cant even rent a house. I have called multiple times with promise of a called back to get this resolved. This is effecting my life as of 30 days ago I in position to buy a home now my scores have dipped below 550 with this credit being the unresolved issue

I can be reached at [protected] or [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Want money back on credit card ASAP

Read full review of Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) and 2 comments
2 comments
Knowingly
Louisville, US
Sep 03, 2023 7:58 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Contact: www.consumer finance.org/CFPB. Contact: Federal Trade Commission. A Credit Defense Lawyer should not charge you up front if they feel you have a case.

Knowingly
Louisville, US
Sep 03, 2023 7:49 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sounds suspicious they will not communicate, and want to always accuse the client when fraud is involved. You go to a local branch and demand that they give you documentations of the transaction, time & place, that’s your right, where ever the card was used contact that facility let ( if there is a facility) let them know the situation and they should be able to trace the card usage, this what the bank should be doing, but now we see we have to cover our own buts because the bank is not doing it. Use what ever documentation you get to dispute credit bureaus, and if they do not remove it from your credit, they will after you file with a credit defense lawyer for putting inaccurate information on your credit report. There’s a act sign into law that no credit bureau can apply inaccurate information on credit report without it being factual out here. Going through similar situation dealing with fraudulent overdraft fees on a fraudulent check. Don’t let them get away with that. Hope this helps.

11:22 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Bank account freeze

On June 30, 2023 I closed on a Cash Out Refinance on my personal residence. The wire transfer for $296,442.20 was wired into my personal account at Truist Bank. On Thursday, August 17th, I was wiring funds out and on Friday morning August 18th I received a call from John,who worked in Personal Accounts Department at the corporate office of Truist Bank in...

E
5:47 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Customer service

Just came back from a truist branch at Ewing, NJ, bad taste is still in my mouth. Opened an account near end of June 23. Today, I was denied to access the account online "for security reasons". Called customer service on the phone, after long wait, was told the account is marked as fraud, and was disabled, and the customer(I) has to go to a branch. Drove...

5:32 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Fraudulent check

On July 11,2023 got call from aCash Express Loan Company approved for a $5,000 loan, ask for banking information to deposit funds, the Loan Officer calls back says $760 was deposited and I need to send him back the funds to make sure the account is real. Immediately calls Truist Bank inform them of possible fraud, (Truist had put a hold on $225 of the $760...

D
8:23 am EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Lack of productive and responsive customer service

Who is accountable at Truist? Who supervises and do they care about how

poor customer service is?

We have a digital check machine from Suntrust (before the merger that was a big mistake). Recently, I requested to add an account from a separate company.

I requested this on 8/14 have received numerous "dead end" emails that go back and forth with no resolution, spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday speaking to several different folks from Merchant Services and Treasury, and was hung up on by one lady in Treasury. I ask again - WHO IS SUPERVISING THESE EMPLOYEES?

Desired outcome: Have a checking account added to our Remote Deposit system.

E
6:27 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) - Unauthorized debit card charges (scammed)

In March 2023 while on vacation my husband's debit card was scammed. He handed his card to an official looking individual (uniformed and name tag). It was for a service and was a small nominal fee (individual told my husband he had no cash so he must use a card to pay). The individual took the debit card swiped it and told my husband it didn't work. He then...

P
4:29 pm EDT

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Fraud on my account

I was in the hospital when traction were made on my account and now they will not refund my overdraft or place my money into my account I never had the card or pocket book at the hospital never got out until August 7th 2023 was placed in a semi coma why there even due to seizures this is wrong somehow they have I was in possession of the cards which I wasn't seems like Everytime I called Truist had different information and wasn't like when it does the first time my information was being changed by them and not me

Desired outcome: Please refund fraud is fraud on my debit card and I never go to 7 Eleven and hardly use card at McDonald's

B
10:47 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Fraud hold on credit card for international travel

I am traveling to Paris, France on the 13th. The charge for the apartment I rented through VRBO. The company attempting to charge is Paris Autreme. I contacted the Truist Fraud Department to verify that the transaction was valid. I was told the hold would be removed as it is a valid transaction and the charge would be accepted. This took 20 minutes. It was not. I had to go through this process again which as required 90 minutes of my time with no success as yet. I have banked with the iterations of Truist for 40 years. I was a member of the Private Banking group. I will be changing banks as soon as I return from this trip. The charge has yet to go through. This is unacceptable.

Desired outcome: Transaction approved

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) In-depth Review

Overview: Truist Bank, formerly known as BB&T Bank, is a well-established financial institution with a rich history and a wide range of services. With a strong presence in the banking industry, Truist Bank offers a comprehensive suite of products and solutions to meet the needs of individuals and businesses.

Financial Stability: Truist Bank boasts a solid financial stability and performance. The bank's assets, liabilities, and capital adequacy are carefully managed, ensuring a secure and reliable banking experience for customers. Additionally, Truist Bank holds favorable credit ratings and maintains strong financial indicators, further reinforcing its stability in the market.

Branch Network: Truist Bank has an extensive branch network that spans across various regions, providing convenient access to banking services. With branches strategically located, customers can easily find a branch nearby to fulfill their banking needs. The bank's ATM network is also well-developed, offering widespread accessibility for cash withdrawals and other transactions.

Online and Mobile Banking: Truist Bank's online banking platform is user-friendly and intuitive, allowing customers to manage their accounts with ease. The interface is designed for seamless navigation, enabling users to perform tasks such as bill payment, fund transfers, and account management effortlessly. The bank's mobile banking app further enhances convenience, offering a range of functionalities for banking on the go.

Customer Service: Truist Bank prioritizes customer service and strives to deliver exceptional support. Customers can reach out to the bank through various channels, including phone, email, and live chat, ensuring prompt assistance. The bank's response times are commendable, and customer issues are resolved efficiently. High levels of customer satisfaction and positive feedback reflect the bank's commitment to providing excellent service.

Products and Services: Truist Bank offers a comprehensive range of products and services to cater to diverse financial needs. From checking accounts to savings accounts, loans, and credit cards, customers can find suitable options. The bank's interest rates and fees are competitive, ensuring value for money. Additionally, Truist Bank provides additional services such as investment options, insurance, and wealth management, offering comprehensive financial solutions.

Security and Privacy: Truist Bank prioritizes the security and privacy of customer information. The bank implements robust security measures, including encryption protocols and authentication methods, to safeguard sensitive data. Privacy policies and data protection practices are carefully adhered to, ensuring customer information remains confidential and secure.

Community Involvement: Truist Bank actively engages in community initiatives and philanthropy, demonstrating its commitment to social responsibility. The bank's corporate social responsibility efforts and sustainability practices contribute to the betterment of society. Truist Bank also forms partnerships with local organizations and supports community development programs, making a positive impact on the communities it serves.

Accessibility and Inclusivity: Truist Bank strives to be accessible and inclusive to all individuals. The bank offers accessibility features for individuals with disabilities, ensuring equal access to banking services. Accommodations for non-English speakers are also provided, promoting inclusivity. Truist Bank is committed to fostering diversity within its workforce and customer base, creating an inclusive environment for all.

Overall Rating and Conclusion: Truist Bank, formerly BB&T Bank, is a reputable financial institution that excels in various aspects. With a strong financial stability, extensive branch network, user-friendly online and mobile banking platforms, excellent customer service, and a wide range of products and services, Truist Bank is a reliable choice for individuals and businesses. The bank's commitment to security, community involvement, accessibility, and inclusivity further enhances its appeal. Overall, Truist Bank receives a high rating for its comprehensive offerings and customer-centric approach, making it a recommended choice for potential customers.

How to file a complaint about Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required information in the sign-up form.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, briefly summarize the main issue you have encountered with Truist Bank. Make it concise yet descriptive enough to convey the essence of your complaint.

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Truist Bank. Mention specific key areas such as customer service interactions, problems with account access, unexpected fees or charges, issues with loan or mortgage applications, delays in transactions, or any other relevant incidents. Include details of any transactions, clearly stating dates, amounts, and the nature of the transaction. Describe the issue in detail, including what you expected to happen versus what actually occurred. If you attempted to resolve the issue with the bank, outline the steps you took and the responses you received. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's financial loss, stress, or inconvenience.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as correspondence with the bank, statements, or receipts. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information like social security numbers or full account numbers that could compromise your security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Truist Bank. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state the resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, apology, or any other specific action from the bank.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your narrative is easy to understand.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Stay active on ComplaintsBoard.com to monitor any updates or responses to your complaint. Check your account regularly to see if the company has responded or if other users have commented on your complaint.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)

Expand Collapse all
Is Truist Bank a legitimate financial institution?

Yes, Truist Bank is a legitimate financial institution, formed by the merger of BB&T and SunTrust Banks.

Can I trust Truist Bank with my financial information and deposits?

Truist Bank, like all reputable banks, is expected to follow stringent data security measures and federal regulations to safeguard your information and deposits.

Are the banking services provided by Truist Bank reliable?

As a major financial institution, Truist Bank provides a broad range of reliable banking services.

Has Truist Bank ever been involved in a scam?

While scams can target customers of any bank, it's crucial to use official channels when interacting with Truist Bank to avoid potential scams.

How responsive is Truist Bank's customer service?

Customer reviews and the bank's commitment to service can provide insight into the responsiveness of their customer service.

Are the charges and fees for Truist Bank's services fair and transparent?

Charges and fees should be outlined clearly by the bank. Make sure to review these details when opening an account or using their services.

Are Truist Bank's online and mobile banking platforms secure?

Truist Bank should employ secure technology for its online and mobile banking platforms, ensuring the safe transaction and personal data protection.

Does Truist Bank have a positive reputation in the banking industry?

You can assess the bank's reputation by looking at reviews, ratings, and commentary in the banking industry.

Does Truist Bank handle transactions and transfers efficiently?

As a reputable bank, Truist Bank should provide efficient and reliable transaction and transfer services.

Is Truist Bank FDIC insured?

Yes, Truist Bank is a member of the FDIC, which means deposits are insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law.

Does Truist Bank offer competitive interest rates on its accounts?

Interest rates vary and should be compared with other banks to ensure competitiveness.

Are there any hidden charges when using Truist Bank's services?

All charges should be transparently disclosed by the bank. Make sure to read all terms and conditions or consult with a bank representative.

Are Truist Bank's financial products, like loans and credit cards, reliable?

Truist Bank offers a variety of financial products which, as part of their service, should be reliable. Always read the terms before signing up for any financial product.

How easy is it to open an account with Truist Bank?

Opening an account should be a straightforward process, with guidance available from bank representatives if needed.

Has Truist Bank been involved in any controversies or lawsuits?

It's advisable to research recent news articles or reports for the latest information about the bank's involvement in any controversies or lawsuits.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank)?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) Customer Service. Initial Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank). Discuss the issues you have had with Truist Bank (formerly BB&T Bank) and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.