1487 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MB, R2C 3B2, CA
Thu:9:30 am - 9:30 pm
Fri:9:30 am - 9:30 pm
Sat:9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

The BrickKing and estate phone representative

We purchased a refrigerator from the brick in 2018. The handle through no fault of our own was starting to become dislodged from the body of the refrigerator door. We found in to this company that we are supposed to apparently handles the insurance and warranty claims for the brick and the representative could not have been more rude and cruel. She repeatedly said that they do not cover any warranty she did not offer any help and I asked her if I could speak to her boss she rudely said it doesn't matter who you speak to the answer is going to be no I and then I raise my voice ever so slightly to say ma'am I need to speak to your boss and she repeatedly said doesn't matter who I speak to no one‘s gonna be able to help me.

• Updated by Michael Jubs · Sep 26, 2020

No after that phone call was over we went to the store on Regent Avenue in Winnipeg and we were helped by two individuals who listened to our concerns without getting frustrated that we were frustrated they listen to what we needed and they explained nicely that they can get one of the technicians to show us how to tighten the handle on the door and they showed us how to do it they even give us an Allen wrench so that we could do it for ourselves that’s all we were looking for some help so be very careful, the third party warranty phone people are very rude and very quite frankly not knowledgeable at all

• Quannell Johnson Sep 26, 2020

Hi Michael

Refrigerator door handles are not designed to support the weight of children hanging from them or other rough handling. It is very inappropriate to yell at customer service agents who are helping you understand that you purchased a refrigerator with no warranty. Please consider taking anger management courses, these can be found for free at local temples and mosques.

Have a nice day!

The Bricklg 65" c8 series (oled65c8)

I had purchased a higher end LG 65" C8 Series (OLED65C8) which was being sold as display item from "The Brick" - Regent branch in Winnipeg, Manitoba. That sounded ok in the store as they run it with HDD content on it.
    I purchased and was eager to drove the TV myself as couldn't wait for 10 days of scheduled delivery. There was no box or packaging, and the guy there wrapped with plastic and carton for me. While bringing it home starting to watch it I noticed the dull spots in the middle of screen spread all over lower half of TV. I googled and found this happens with prolonged use of similar videos or static image leave the display with dull spots on the areas which play high contrast image.
    While investigating further I ran some videos from YouTube to test and understood that it had burn ain spots of being prolonged used. Checked menu and found the OLED is already used for 4256 hours. I called customer service and while visiting the showroom again, they won't accept the returns. Being smart they instead of accepting it as their cheating, offered me a replacement with another TV so I purchase another TV or similar or higher price.
    I refused to buy anything else from them due their unethical practice. Finally offered me a store credit which I didn't want because of their poor and cheating and finally down to a refund against a storage cost of CAD 100 and also I deliver it back to them otherwise Steve (store manager) asks for CAD 50 for pickup. They don't pick it up from my location free because I opted to carry the television myself at time of purchase so here they wanted to twist my arm further, It got no packing and hardly I managed at that time of purchase but don't want to risk it getting back myself. What a cramp company and customer services, unethical selling practices.
    Look at the video explaining the issue in TV which is just bought
    This is unethical business practice just to make their sales and twist customers' arms making it further harder for them.
    No customer services, trying to twist your arms as much as they can.
    Worst experience ever. I lost my money for nothing.
    More details in you tube video below;

lg 65" c8 series (oled65c8)

The Brickoperations manager h. dustin holm

I went to the Brick to purchase a new bed and mattress for my daughter. I had both my children with me (ages 14 and 10). I also have a recent warranty claim that I wanted to talk to someone about because they sent their decision which I did not agree with and I emailed them but two weeks has passed and no reply back. In regard to the previous warranty claim I was given to the operations manager Dustin Holm. He came out and we discussed the claim and he was trying to explain the reasoning. I didn't except it as there is no where that states pet scratches void my warranty. Basically the brick has voided my warranty I purchased because of cat scratches based on neglect and misuse. My cat has a huge scratch post and I get its nails clipped so I suppose owning a cat itself would be considered neglect and misuse? In that case it should be stated in the warranty information that owning a cat voids ones warranty if the couch gets scratched. I never once put in a complaint about the scratches in less than a year this couch is falling apart...threads tearing, seams ripping all around the sectional. The cushions are discoloured. That was my complaint, not pet scratches but they took it upon themselves to come out here and try and find a reason not to honour the warranty. Totally ignoring what was wrong with the couch that would be covered they say there's pet scratches so too bad. Dustin and I argued back and forth and when I realized I was not getting anywhere with him I asked to speak to his supervisor or manager. I was told no that no one was available. I said can I have a name and number...again I was told no that no one was available. I said you don't know your supervisor or managers name? He said ya but I'm not giving it to you. He said someone would call me. I said no I emailed two weeks ago and no one replied. I said I will wait beee until he provides me with a name and number. He then threatened to call the police on me saying "I will call the police and have you removed from the store" I said are you kidding me right now! I said for what asking for your supervisors name and number and he said ya and for not leaving. I was not doing anything wrong to have to leave in the first place nor did he ever ask me to leave. He just straight out threatened to have me physically removed for asking for his supervisors name and number and worst of all it was in front of my kids who were extremely upset at hearing this. My kids were bothered for the entire rest of the day at the thought of their mother being physically removed by police officers. I want something done about this as a 3rd year law student I am disgusted in how myself and potentially other people could be treated by that manager. And I also want my warranty claim reopened or I want to be refunded for the warranty I purchased that is not being honoured. I have spent a lot of money over the years at the brick and I am disgusted in the treatment I received there.

The Brickcrap, crap and more crap... just tack it on-they won't notice

Recently in january we made another purchase of: a new fridge, children’s bedroom suite, sectional couch, and mattress. The total charges were 3330.47 and we used our brick card to make the purchases. We dealt with a very nice young man at the brick; however, his english was not exactly perfect. I am unsure as to if this is an error he made while ringing through our purchases or if he didn’t pay attention to what we were telling him, as now we are being charged 700$ sales tax (after the invoice was mailed out & it doesn’t show anywhere on the invoice about this “sales tax”) and interest on this purchase. We told him we wanted to do the 15months no interest payment plan (same as last time)……well I guess that didn’t happen. Hsbc telephoned my fiancé to tell him about the sales tax charge and we were completely blown away, as this did not happen with the first purchase we made in november of 2009! Why now!!??? We want these charges reversed!!! And we want to be put on the 15 months no payments/no interest plan. Hsbc is tacking more and more interest onto our invoice daily!
        I will be contacting a large group of people regarding these “miscellaneous charges" the brick decides to tack on after the fact. I will not be recommending this company to anyone I work/live/speak with. I will not be a happy returning customer, because I will not return to the brick ever again…I would be more than happy to continue shopping with the brick had this not happened…. But now I am jaded and feel that my business of 10, 000$ or more is not appreciated by their organization. I plan on making this known to everyone.

The Brickshoddy service

I had gone through a divorce and needed some quick, low-cost furniture to fill my new apartment, and I desperately needed a new couch; something that would last me a couple of years until I was back on my feet and able to purchase BETTER furniture down the road.

I picked out a cheaper couch, on sale, and arranged for delivery. To my pleasant surprise, delivery was FREE. I mentioned to the saleslady that I had a very old couch now and wanted to get it out of the apartment before the new one arrived. She said that the delivery guys would take the old one FREE OF CHARGE. I was quite surprised, and did say that I was more than ready to pay for the service. She happily said, "No..we do this once in a while and it is no charge to the customer." Upon completing the purchase contract (which I paid CASH), an addition was made to the contract that the delivery guys were to take the old couch away. This was NOT printed on in pen or pencil, but added on the finalized contract via ink jet printer. I left pleased with my purchase and happy that I would get hassle-free delivery and take away...and all for no charge. Even though I was and had been ready to pay for the service. "Lucky" me!

The delivery lunkheads arrived the next day, and upon opening the door to my apartment, the lead guy blurts out, "We don't do charity work", in a very gruff tone. When I asked what he was talking about, he pointed to the contract in his hand and referred me to the spot that had stated that they WOULD be taking the old couch away. When I explained that the saleslady had said that they do this regularily, he stated, "Well I guess she lied. We don't do that." He then said if I had a problem, then I would have to take that up with the salesperson.

I let them in and they brought the couch into the living room. They dropped the couch off, turned around, and left. I found it somewhat strange that they didn't even unwrap the couch (plastic and cardboard packaging) or bother to attach the metal legs. I looked over my contract again, and it CLEARLY STATED, that the delivery personal did INDEED unwrap the product, take away all wrapping and packaging, and install any legs or pieces as needed. The legs needed installing with a drill and here was was...with no drill! Therefore, I could not put the couch together!

I phoned the General Manager of the store the next day and explained the situation. I explained that the contract stated that the old couch was to be taken away - it wasn't. I also explained that the delivery drivers were extremely rude, didn't unwrap the couch or take away the packaging AS STATED IN THE CONTRACT, nor did they put the couch together AS STATED IN THE CONTRACT. I went on to explain to her that this situation could very well have a happy ending as all the drivers had to do, after they had finished their deliveries for this day, was come by my place, throw the old couch in the now empty truck and dump it in the company's very large waste bin. Problem solved. It may cost the Brick an extra hour in wages for the drivers to make the extra trip, BUT was it not worth it to make good on what they had AGREED TO IN THE CONTRACT? She re-iterated that the saleslady was wrong in including that stipulation in the contract. I concluded that that may be so, BUT she put it in the contract! She's your representative. The BRICK is obligated to abide by it. The GM couldn't understand this concept, and seemed confused. I went on to ask why the drivers didn't take away their garbage or construct the couch as STATED ON THE CONTRACT, but again, she had no answer and could only say, "I'm sorry you are not satisfied." I further said that I would be satisfied EVEN THE NEXT DAY if the drivers would return and do what they had been UNDER OBLIGATION BY CONTRACT to do. She didn't understand this concept either. I ended the conversation by explaining to her that I was also in the Sales and Marketing field and that I found it head-shaking that she wouldn't even consider spending a hours wage for 2 drivers ($20.00) to honour a contract that the BRICK had signed. Furthermore was losing a customer over $20.00 in wages worth it? Apparently so, as she could not grasp this concept either. I hung up frustrated, and amazed that a woman in the position of GM at a large retail store had no idea whatsoever about customer retention concepts and customer problem solving. I took Marketing in college and this was simple "Marketing 101". But here she was without a clue on what to do or how to satisfy a very simple problem, EVEN WHEN THE CUSTOMER HAD PROVIDED THE SOLUTION!

I ended up borrowing a screw gun off of a neighbor and putting the couch together with much problem. It seemed some of the makings underneath did not line up. I ended up having a carpenter friend come over and eleviate the problem. Seems the couch was put together wrong and needed some re-doing underneath. He was able to fix it, but not without effort. I also hired a local man to cart away the old couch. I happily paid him the money I had earlier set aside as a tip for the BRICK delivery guys. Needless to say they did NOT get the tip ($20.00).

I finalized my BRICK experience with an email to the top BRICK executive in Edmonton, Alberta, explaining everything rationally and calmly. I of course received no reply. It figures. Anybody who could put a GM in place that had absolutely NO concept of marketing, relationship building, or written contracts, probably wasn't very bright themselves. I finally came to the conclusion that there must be serious nepotism involved in the hiring of BRICK managers. What other explanation could there be for such doltish "decision-making"???

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I never again shopped at the BRICK and have often told the story to others to keep them from buying garbage furniture from a retailer who has garbage service and even worse management. Myself being in the business, that hasn't been hard. I'm sure I've cost the BRICK a few living room suites over the last while.

mahirap Mar 11, 2014

The Brick has an awful customer service- from the salesperson to the manager & including the customer service in Alberta. If I can't resolve my problem regarding the Sales Receipt, the empty promises and the broken Reclining chair I will need to ask any media company print or TV to do a special column regarding companies like The Brick. They misrepresent on their sales offer just to get the sale and they are a FRAUD to the retail industry. The Consumer Protection of BC doesn't handle retail complains but suggested to report to BBB. If BBB can't help I will have to sue them in small claims court that the entire sales was fraudulent. Since the salesperson kept on promising free stuff but at the end of the sale everything that was offered as free has a price to it. The salesperson in Central City Mall in Surrey his name is Kiran Harsimran don't buy from him he is a total liar and fraudster. He misrepresented the total sale he got from us which is worth $1795 for a Reclining Love seat & a matterress. The recliner won't properly recline & the wood on the back is broken. No one from the service dept offered to repair they just offered refund the money paid or reselection. I can't take the offer because the receipt was written wrong he fudged the numbers around & made the reclining love seat so cheap i won't be able to buy anything decent for $598. and the real sale price of the reclining love seat was $1034. But he put the price to the 2 giveaway item he said was free so now that i have to claim for the reclining love seat they will only give me $598 or reselection. We were totally screwed by this Brick salesperson. He didn't even offer any Warranty for all the items we bought. I will still try to go to The Brick to talk to the Manager about this fraudster. Kiran you should not be in sales you are a cheater & should be fired. I am not yet done with this dispute against The Brick. I am still looking for the right place who can help me fight this company.

• My
              MysteryShopper76 Nov 06, 2015

It was probably an as is purchase

The Brickwrong item sent

4 months waiting for couch and ottoman, then they send the wrong style ottoman and try to tell us the one we saw on display was never made for that couch. Even though the one we ordered was a Rhea Hazel Wedge Ottoman and the one we saw was a Rhea Stone Wedge Ottoman, only difference was the color of the cushion. We ordered an ottoman that was square and ended up with a rounded one, and were told its square on 2 side. Last time i chk'ed square mean all for sides are equal. I have been a customer for 12 years 2008 is last year i will ever buy anything from this company. They screw up and then try to blame you... real nice..

The Brickbad service!

Purchased a sony dvd player from the brick. The product was broken when I got it home and I then took it back to the store for repair. I am ow told it will take over 4 months to repair. Numerous emails to the brick customer service have gone unanswered, completely ignored. Sony was just as useless. I believe that once the sale is over they could care less about their customers. Quite sad as I for one will never shop at their store again, nor will I ever purchase a sony product again as I have had nothing but trouble with my past sony products. Beware!

• Na
                  Nathan May 06, 2008

Please keep in mind that if you did not purchace the extended wty on the dvd player that it is not up to the store that sold you the product to fix it, its up to sony. had you taken the time to look into what a wty covers you would know this. If yo have a problem with things breaking then pay the little extra money and get the extended wty, and you would have just had the dvd player replaced.

Maybe now you will think harder about how long things last in todays age when everything is made by robots that don't care if it works.