Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

Complaints & Reviews

target's poor return/exchange policy

I purchased a Dirt Devil vacuum at a local Target store on 02.28.08.

This vacuum, although it works well, breaks belts about once a week. I have had other vacuums over the past 30 years that I or my wife have used in exactly the same way and with the same frequency, and we have never had this problem.

When it broke its most recent belt the other day, I decided to return it. What I would like is another vacuum, or to be reimbursed for the cost of the vacuum I bought only 3.5 months ago, which is nearly useless.

Unfortunately, Target has refused to allow me to return or exchange it, because we are 2 weeks past the 90 day limit on their receipt.

This is a mistake on Target's part, because I will never buy anything that costs more than a few dollars from Target again, I will avoid shopping at Target whenever possible, and I will also make sure my friends are aware of the inflexibility of Target's return policy. Target's policy of never making an exception is counterproductive and unsupportable. Other major retail chains are willing to extend themselves on occasion to retain the loyalty of their customers, in consideration of past business and in the interest of potential future business.

I am very disappointed in Target's refusal to do so, and will definitely adjust my buying habits accordingly.

• Pa
    Pam Aug 04, 2008

I totally agree - I too, attempted to return a bed comforter last week that I purchased in March. (It didn't end up working into my redecorating that has been delayed.) I fully expected to be able to return this item as :
    1. It was never used, it was still in it's original packaging.
    2. It was shown in their weekly sale flyer as well. (Obviously current merchandise!!)
    I was told that there was absolutely nothing they could do since my receipt was EXPIRED!!!

Having had a retail store of my own before, I know how important good customer service is. Due to their lack of it, I suspect that the hand writing is already on the wall...

They were totally inflexible with their customer service. I too, will not shop at Target again. There are too many competitors that are out there to be treated like this. With stores closing almost daily in today's economic climate (and some major ones at that) I would think Target would realize that nothing lasts forever... When the announcement eventually comes that they are "re-structuring" or are closing their doors, it won't surprise me a bit, and quite honestly I will feel like a little justice will have been served.

• Ga
    Gamerdude Aug 27, 2009

the receipt says 90 days not 104 days. There has to be some cut off. Otherwise what is stopping people from returning stuff that they bought from target 10 years ago?

• Se
    seba3c1980 Jul 31, 2010

I worked at a store without a time limit on returns. At least twice a year we would have people return really old stff..like 20 years old. I'm sorry but 3 months should be plenty of time. If it's a manufacturing issue, take t up with that company

• Cy
    cyelea Apr 08, 2011

"HOW CAN A RECEIPT BE EXPIRED??? I told them that they gladly took my green money in March, without any indication that I had only 90 days to return it if I planned on so doing!!"

You know when you get up to register at some stores and the clerk says, "do you know about our return policy?"
    Well that's because there are so many people like you running around with the assumption that we can just take things back when we're done with them or when we get around to returning them. If it doesn't work when you get home, turn around and return it (don't forget your receipt). If it breaks after 90 days, take it up with the manufacturer. If you don't want it anymore, sell it or give it away.

And above all, if you want high quality, don't shop at places like Target and Wal-mart! You. Get. What. You. Pay. For.

rude store manager

I went to the Target store under the pretense of a *good deal on some hair products that my girlfriend had given raves about. I was elated to find that the Chi was on sale for the magnificent price of nearly 50% off (according to the advertisement listed above), upon checkout it rung up at an astronomical price of $149.99. I called an associate over and they insisted that the price was true. I kindly showed them the area where it stated otherwise according to their label, and they remained adamant that it was not their fault. I proclaimed their false advertisement to the Snr sales mgr and the store manager who were blatantly rude and disregarded the sign that they clearly posted. They were callous and rude in their endeavors to prove a point, and I will never shop there again. I dare say that the two were probably involved in an affair of sorts as they were intent on claiming the same statement.

• Ti
    Tito Puente Sep 04, 2009

Affair? Thats reaching...

• gesserfan Dec 10, 2010

do you know how many douches decide they dont want a product, and then put it back in a spot it doesnt belong? how is that the stores fault? you are just as bad as those people who take typos on sales tags serious. "This tag says red pepper are on sale for 50 cents per pound... (its supposed to be each)" should they charge you more if the typo is in there favor?

JobinMarlena Mar 01, 2014

Wow, that's pretty crazy to jump to the conclusion that the two people were having an affair. Makes me discount your entire account of the customer service at that store. I bet you were really rude to the employees.

JobinMarlena Mar 01, 2014

You sound like a crazy person. Why would you think they were having an affair? I bet you are a horrible customer.

terrible working conditions

I worked at Target from March until July of this year. They treat their employees like slave trade.

The logistics team is forced to work in semi-darkness, an impossible task when being expected to sort and classify merchandise.

The air conditioning is not turned on to appropriate levels until minutes before opening. The workers are worked, "faster, faster", while being denied appropriate access to water, and bathroom breaks.

Personal information about employees is shared at team "huddles", and workers are repeatedly told that they are not indispensable.

The press states that Walmart has a poor record as an employer, it would be wise to open an eye towards the "hip, socially forward, discounter".

Andrea Nov 16, 2008

OMG i know exactly what you mean i worked for them too from September 2007 to may 2008 I use to have to go over night to put up signs for ad prep it was terrible how they worked. I'm so sorry that happened to you and remember they will get what they deserve.

Laura Nov 22, 2008

What "personal" info could have been shared at huddles? Your anniversary? Your birthdate? Get over it. I have helped in the backroom overnight and its not so dark that you cant see what you are doing, thats why the LPDA has a light on it. And as far as the temperature, sure the air is not super cold but its better than working outside in the hot sun. I have been at Target for a long time and it is true that everyone, even the store team leader, is dispensable. The problem these days with people like you is that you want a paycheck without having to really work for it.

• Ih
    ihavenoclue77 Aug 20, 2009

Yes i have to agree with you on this.

I have been told that i am not allowed to have a drink of water while i work and we are expected to work in hot humid conditions. At the end of the shift we are all sweaty and its not nice for customers to have to come into a store and smell stale sweat

semi-darkness is also a big issue, even when unloading the trucks. I got hit in the face by a box one morning and they never even gave me the correct papers to take to the doctors when i went to get a check up, so had to drive back to work to get the papers. They even said that they would pay me for the time i missed and then after filling out a time sheet i never got paid. But i didnt have proof that i filled it out, as when i hand it in i have no idea where it has gone.

Laura is crazy Dec 08, 2009

Laura, you sound like a lame-###.

What if you don't want people to know about your birthday? What if you don't want people to know about your personal life.

I knew a woman who developed problems with her kidneys because her manager wouldn't allow her to use the restroom when she needed to. Now she's got many health problems.

Just because some corporation pays you by the hour, doesn't mean they own you. It also doesn't mean that that person, who is having physical issues with heat, lack of light, or need to use the toilet - is lazy.

It just means that YOU have been bought, and have become a Target Nazi.

If workers are sweating so much that the boxes they are stacking become slippery, it's a work hazard. If there isn't enough light to see where you are stocking, or where you are stepping -- it's another hazard.

It also doesn't help when managers are abusive. Managers will grill you for personal information so they can use it against you later. They like to know where you are weak so they can kill whatever is left of your spirit.

Laura, I bet you answered the Unicru test on your own, without even looking for the answers on-line. I bet they put you in the "green" pile right away.

never again

In the past couple of years, I've been invited to a few weddings that I have not been able to attend due...

would not exchange damaged item

Target return department would not exchange a 14.99 rug I purchased on 7-7-08. I used my blank check for a...

they are un-american

Target is a French company. They hate the American military.

Asked for a small donation disabled war veterans they said" they only donate to *** groups"

They stop all benefits, health and etc for any employee that is in the reserve or national guard that is called to duty.

As you know the French do not like Americans, but will take their money.

If you do not believe this, go to a target store and ask for a donation, or if you can collect money outside the store for some military organization.

When they say no, ask for the phone number or e-mail address of the main office. Call or e-mail and see what their response is.

• Ri
    Rick Jul 07, 2008

Saying Target is French is beyond ignorant. They are sometimes referred to ar "targee" (soft G) in order to sound like a fancy designer. Target used to be Dayton Hudson the last names ( I am pretty sure) of 2 entrepeneurs who formed the big chain many years ago. They are based out of America and in the heartland as a matter of fact in Minneapolis.

People who think they are French are ignorant

• Ke
    Kelley Jul 12, 2008

This post is a scam itself. This has been proven to be a false statement on www.snopes.com The person who posted this knows they took it from an email being passed around a couple of years ago. Shame on you.

• Do
    Don Jul 27, 2008

Is this guy a ###? There are no Targets stores outside of North America.

Andrea Nov 16, 2008

hahahaha I worked for target... There corp. office is in Minnesota how freaking American can u get. Target is by no means french.. Don't believe this crap...

Laura Nov 21, 2008

Are you crazy?!

• Ginger Kid Dec 13, 2009

I love how someone gets an email forwarded to them and immediately just accepts it as gospel. Do some research before you just swallow everything you read.

Fraudulent return prices

My daughter received a gift (dress) from Target and it was too big for her. We went to Target in Woodbury, MN...

terrible return policy

My son bought a portable baby swing at Target that didn't work. I said I would take it back for him since he was flying out of town the next day. When he bought it, he tore off the bottom of the receipt that had the gift receipt attached to it and threw it away at the store before leaving. About 36 hours later I brought the Original Receipt and the Defective Swing for a refund. They informed me the item had already been refunded the day before. They could not see the impossibility of that statement. Upon checking, the gift receipt from the garbage was used for the refund. They refused to do anything for me. Now I have a defective product that I can not even give to charity and they seem to have a employee scam going on, since the refund could not have involved the product since I still have the worthless product. I reported this scam to the corporate office and they said the money has been refunded and there is nothing they can do. How about honor their return policy and treat ME like the honest citizen instead of the criminal? I am going to make sure everyone knows what a risk they are taking when shopping at this store!

• To
    Todd Sep 12, 2008

I'm stuck with a worthless Schwinn mountain bike that I bought at Target. Most of the spokes have broken on both the front and back wheel. They took my bike for 3 months and promised me a repair per the work order that they filled out and had me sign. I left the bike there all summer. 3 months later, they told me to pick up my bike. They didn't do any repairs. I wasted $90 on gas traveling back and forth meeting with the manager, bike associates and refund/exchange ###s. Every person I dealt with was incompetent. I called the guest relations dept. and I kept getting handed off to someone else until I had spoken with 4 different people. Their final answer "there's nothing we can do." They should change their name to "There's Nothing We Can Do." It fits well. I will never shop at Target again. Worst retail chain on the planet!!!

mary Jan 24, 2009

I agree that Target Stores have an "Target is Always Right" attitude! My first big encounter occurred this post-Christmas. I bought a Wii, Wii Fit, and extra nunchuks and controllers. They were to be Christmas gifts. These "hot selling" items were difficult to find and so when I saw one, I grabbed it! I made certain that Target would extend the 90 day return policy, because I was buying it more than 90 days before Christmas. It turns out that even though I had a gift receipt, because the receipt was older than 90 days, I could not return the extra nunchuk! I have to wait a year to return it! They are totally unreasonable. The package was still factory sealed. I had the receipt. It was not an item that could not be resold. They wouldn't even let me exchange it for anything. I will NEVER shop at Target stores again. That company needs to read: SATISFIED CUSTOMERS TELL THREE FRIEND, ANGRY CUSTOMERS TELL 3, 000! I am totally finished with Target

• Oc
    octobermoma Feb 09, 2009

i have had 2 bad experiences at target in lake jackson and last friday was the last bad one i will ever have there and i will let everyone i know not to shop there i wanted to purchase a clearance item a patio set i didnt have my truck with me so i told the male clerk that i would pay for it and be back within the hour he left came back and said cant hold clearance merchandise went to front to speak with manager that never even took the time to come out and speak with me sent clerk back out to tell me couldnt hold clearance items i was going to purchase this item and they refused to sell it to me. if i had a number to the corporate office i will call and let them know how crappy their customer service is at their store was going to buy a car seat at target that day instead took my business to walmart across the street

• Li
    Liz27 Nov 01, 2009

I made a purchase on Saturday evening and upon paying I asked the cashier if I payed by check what was the return policy, the cashier stated that I could return it as soon as that night and get a refund... I returned the next day, with merchandise still in sellable condition to get a refund and was denied! I spoke to the manager and explained to her when I asked the cashier for the check policy she said I could receive a refund as soon as that same night. She apologized for the cashier giving me the wrong information but then went a step further to tell me that I had to wait 15 days for the check to clear for a refund... 15 days, what kind of stuff is that I asked her. This is an in state check, why would it take that long? I asked her where was this policy written and how would I know this if the cashier wasn't even able to inform me of their policy-- as I looked on the fine print of the receipt and all around their return area ... nothing posted! HOW in the world can a company get away with such foolishness, this is just the craziest policy of disception on the consumer I have ever witnessed. I was given the 1800 number and given a case number and told to call back on Monday to speak to the specialist about my problem. I just can't/don't understand how a company of this size would do such shady business! They lost a customer for sure!!

target brand sunscreen

I purchased the Target brand continious spray spf 30. The bottle states on the front that its "rub free" well...

unacceptable return policy

My wife and received a Boppy seat from our baby gift registry. We assembled the product and found it was defective and then tried to exchange the seat. When we presented the seat to the employee and explained we had no receipt, we were told they would NOT exchange the seat, for the EXACT SAME product, without a receipt because the product was valued at over $20.00. The TARGET product was defective, a gift from a registry, and we wanted to exchange for the same thing. Too bad, so sad, it's a Target product but with no receipt they wouldn't exchange it, even when it's broken. Target's return policy is pathetic and is a real deterrent to customers.

• Ml
    MLS Apr 24, 2009

Get this...I received multiple duplicate items from my friends and family because Target's registry was not working properly and was not taking items off the list. And yes, my friends and family did present the registry to the cashier the way they should have. Anyways, it turns out that I have extra gifts to give away at baby showers for the next few years because Target wouldn't take back any of the duplicates without a receipt. I actually stopped shopping often at Target because of this and switched to Walmart (even though I can't stand how disorganized they are). But hey, I can't shop comfortably somewhere where I might need to return an item and can't because I lost the receipt.

fraud and scam!

I'm going to say right away that I have never complained about a retailer before. I work for Walgreen...

scam and fraud!

I went to the Target in Lufkin, Texas today to return a set of dishes that were broken in the box. A couple of coffee glasses had broken handles. Because they were a gift and we did not have the receipt, we were told they could not exchange them. The box clearly states Target on it!! This is terrible. The manager told me I would have to buy some super glue!!! This is crazy!!

• St
    ST2008 Aug 07, 2008

Their policy clearly states that a receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. You should have gotten in contact with whoever gave you the gift; they have the receipt and could have gotten a gift receipt. It's really not Target's fault, I don't think.

false and deceptive labeling of bedding

Target is selling pillows with packaging that states "bamboo/cotton blend covered pillow 60% bamboo/40% cotton 300 thread count cover" The label on the actual pillow states 60% rayon 40% cotton 100% polyester. Target claims it is aware of this fact and that rayon is the same thing as bamboo and that rayon is processed from bamboo. This is false. The consumer is being decieved if he believes that this is a bamboo product. Rayon is not a fabric made from bamboo. Target is simply cheating the consumer by not stating the fact that this is a rayon/cotton blend. The package the pillow is in has very large letters BAMBOO. No company should be able to knowingly deceive the consumer. I did notify Target but they are relying on the false claim that the rayon pillow is a bamboo pillow.

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read this complaint. Seriously, you'd like bamboo pillows? Instead of being processed to make soft fibers, also known as rayon. You'd just like unprocessed rayon? For those who don't know how rayon is made... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayon#Production_method

icici personal issue

I had taken loan from ICICI Bank last year. Nizam - [protected](sales guy) had come to my office to collect the documents. At that time I forced him to explain about how is the rate of interest calculated. He said he dosnt have any idea, he just looks into an excell sheet and tells the ROI to the customer. He gave me acknowledge form saying the ROI is 14%. Loan got approved, I got the money into my account(Deutsche Bank), everything went fine that time. I was in need to money that time so did'nt bother to corss verify anything. After 1year I wanted to change the ECS from Deutsche Bank to ICICI Bank, for which I went to ICICI Bank, MG Road, Bangalore(Near Bangalore Central). Just by chance I asked for my loan statement and for my surprise I came to know that I was paying 18% interest for my personal loan. Same office I met Reshma(080-[protected]) regarding ROI conflict issue. I gave her all the details about my loan. I showed her the acknowledgment paper given by Nizam, where it was mentioned 14% as ROI. I also showed her the load statement where it was mentioned 18%. She said wait for few days Nizam will call you. I waited but no call, then got a chance to speak to Nizam's Manager/Supervisor Suresh. Both Suresh and Nizam are in Cox Town, Bangalore office. He claims that its a mistake of the tele girl who has left the job and its 1year over we cant do anything. Am still waiting for my issue to be resolved but both Suresh and Nizam are not at all serious, as if its a joke for them. For these I guess such cases are common and they dont take anything serious or at least look into these issues as a highest priority.
I would suggest everybody for not taking a personal loan without verifying all the details...

registry

I was registered with Target Baby. We purchased a Diaper Champ from the local Target from our baby registry because we wanted the nursery finished. When we set it up (a few days later) we discovered the Diaper Champ was cracked. We could not find the receipt but the item was listed as purchased from our Baby Registry. My husband attempted to return the item for an exchange for a Diaper Champ that was not broken and was told he could not even though the item was clearly purchased from Target (from the registry) within the last 30 days. In addition, the guest services staff told hikm there was no manager to speak with to help him. We will never shop at Target again and I warn everyone to not register with a company that has such poor customer service.

• Dr
    drwebber Nov 14, 2007

Recently my wife and I opened a gift registry at Target. After our wedding we found that of the many items that were purchased at Target, there were 4 duplicates. This should not have been a problem as they were on our registry, and our customer support person who helped us set up the registry told us that no receipt would be needed for registry returns. Unfortunately this was not the case. When attempting to return the merchandise I was confronted with contempt by customer service clerks and treated like a criminal instead of an individual who had been shopping there for years.

Apparently there was a Policy change 12 days before the registry was opened. The Target representative who aided in the creation of registry specifically told us that any item on the registry could be returned for store credit. That saved us the tackiness of asking for a gift receipt. To say that I am appalled at Target's lack of concern over this issue is an understatement. Instead of addressing the problem, I was told the error was in my part. I'm sorry to say but my only mistake was trusting the Target representative. I'm now a former customer.

return rolicy!

As a long time fan of Target, I am absolutely disappointed about their new “return” policy. I couldn’t wait for the day to get married, and with regards to this letter, couldn’t wait to open a Target wedding registry of my own! Only to find out Target has become completely entrusting of their customers and treat us as if we’re thieves! We sent our wedding guests almost exclusively to our target registry, which malfunctioned, and now we have duplicate sets of gifts that we cannot return.

When we attempted to return them, and showed how the gift registry malfunctioned, they insisted that it was our guests’ responsibility to attach a gift receipt & accepted no fault. Of course, since our guests were purchasing from a wedding registry they trusted, none of the guests attached a receipt. Not to mention it looks pretty tacky to tape on a receipt to an expensive, nicely wrapped gift. So the manager suggested we go back to our guests and ask for a receipt so that we can return their gift. We felt that would be very rude to do to our guests, and just do not feel comfortable disappointing people like that, especially after they spent so much money on a gift they thought we would love. The manager also told us “that’s the point of a registry, to get what you want” – Of course! But that doesn’t mean we need two croquet sets, two coffee makers or two wine racks! We felt we were being very reasonable, we didn’t even want cash back; we would gladly accept store credit.

To top things off, I received a wok in the mail that became damaged during shipment. It came wrapped in target paper, included target shipping paperwork, and all we wanted was to exchange it for a non-damaged wok or receive store credit. They still proceeded to tell us that we needed a gift receipt, and refused to return it for us until we talked to upper management. The whole process took over 30 minutes!

We have received over $1000 in gifts from our Target registry, and if we would have known about this absurd return policy, we would have stayed with Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy’s, both of which have no problem with satisfying their registry customers. I do wedding photography for a living and talk with brides on a daily basis, I’m warning everyone to stay clear of Target’s wedding registry. I hope Target realizes quick what they are doing to some of their biggest fans.

Not Happy with Target Mar 07, 2011

Their return policy does suck and they should at least try to rectify some valid situations but the sad thing is they do not care about their loss of customers. Because they are such a big company. A few losses will not affect them but eventually their lack of concern will backfire just like kmart and they will be begging for customers.

out of stock!

We placed an order on Target.com only to find out later that when we placed the order the items 7 of the 9 were on back order. The estimated deliver date was changed as soon as I submitted my order and has been changed three times since. When you call Target.com; they claim that there is no way to lodge a complaint which.

work harrassment and descrimination

T1865 location: fun fast & friendly?? ###
You're crosstraining all members — false only blacks puerto ricans cubans and the favorites of lod or gstl.

Stealing - - hba team members on the floor open hba items and take them personally and the bring the empty package to guest svc as pilfridge???
Fun fast & friendly???

Overtime—only to reshop team members
Scheduling— hr mgr takes hours away fm team members of guest services—what happened to seniority???—
Also your hr mgr scheduling changes without telling team members then they call your home when you did not even know you were on schedule!!!

Lockers opened w/out permission !!!
Walkie abuse — name calling and other bs
Red cards—abusive team members even write themselves cards just for the heck of going on line and purchasing free merchandise.

Papercutters and discriminating items like cards
Gift cards toilet papers inside drawers at guest service all from team member/or members that do not want you in that position.

What happened to fun fast and friendly and not harrassment or descrimination???
Was there from beginning of opening the store 4 years in june 2008 but 've seen this location go down to the pits!!!

• Be
    bella57 Aug 20, 2008

Target is trying to faze out older employees and bending over backwards for teens. Cheeper labor and willing to take the bull ### and bad work enviorment. Over worked (?) LOD"S passing there fustrations down hill, to the form of harrasment. Lack of communication and constant changeing of work details. Target is forgetting experience and maturaty go a long way with running there stores.

questionable policy

I will preface this by saying I have never had a problem at Target before, however, this one takes the cake. On Jan. 14 we purchased a comforter set at full price. 2 or 3 days later the item goes to clearance. Today I go into the store with my receipt and am told they won't give me an overcharge because the item is clearance and not a sale item. The clerk told me if I brought the item back to the store in the packaging she could do a refund and I could buy it back at the clearance price. (This wouldn't be necessary if the item were just on sale.) I have been a good customer of this store spending approximately $400.00 to $500.00 there each week between groceries and other items. However, after having to be recited a policy by no less than three levels of employees...who had no care in the world other than to recite a questionable policy, I walked out. No wonder same store sales are off...

• Qu
    Quasi_Mondo May 09, 2008

There is a difference between a sale price and a clearance price. If it's just on sale, it'll go back up once the promotion is over.
    If it's on clearance, they're trying to liquidate the remaining stock.
    Sooner or later everything goes on clearance and I don't know of any stores that price match or adjust for clearance items. It was just bad timing that you bought this item when you did.
    You obviously thought this product was worth the money you paid for it, so be happy and move on.

Laura Nov 22, 2008

If you would have read the return policy on your receipt, you wouldn't have had to go through all that stress.

wedding registry!

Be careful if you create a registry with Target. We received gifts from Target.com that did not come with receipts or even a packing slip for 2 of the gifts. It was such a hassle, but luckily the Target employees in Palmdale CA were so hopeful. They had to call 800 numbers and wait for at least 20 minutes multiple times, and they had a hard time getting anyone at Target.com to help with the returns.

I tried to return a gift the turned out to be broken after we had thrown everything away-including the gift receipt (I did not think I needed it). I was not allowed to exchange the item because it was over $20.00 and I did not have a receipt, even though you could see it was purchased from my registry. I understand that Target gets taken advantage from with returns, but when something is purchased off a registry that should not be a problem.

• Je
    jen Nov 29, 2007

YES BRIDES AND PARENTS TO BE BEWARE OF TARGET GIFT REGISTRY. NOTHING BUT A SCAM AND THEY STEAL MONEY FROM YOUR RELATIVES AND FAMILY.

WE REGISTERED FOR OUR WEDDING 5 YEARS AGO WITH NO PROBLEMS. WHEN WE RETURNED ITEMS THEY SIMPLY LOOKED AT OUR PURCHASE LOG.

NOW THAT WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD WE REGISTERED THERE AGAIN WITH NOTHING BUT NIGHTMARES. SOME DUPLICATES WERE PURCHASED ON OUR REGISTRY AND A COUPLE OF THINGS WE DECIDED WE DIDN'T NEED. WHEN WE WENT TO EXCHANGE THE ITEMS FOR SOMETHING ELSE THAT WASN'T PURCHASED OFF OUR REGISTRY THEY TREATED US LIKE CRIMINALS BECAUSE THE GIFTS WERE GIVEN WITH OUT GIFT RECEIPTS. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HAVE GIFT REGISTRIES. SO THE STORE CAN TRACK THE PURCHASE AND YOU CAN EXCHANGE THINGS.
    TARGET IS RUNNING A FRAUD ON THEIR REGISTRIES BEWARE.

NOW I HAVE OVER 500$ OF MERCHANDISE I WILL NOT USE. I WAS TOLD TO TRY A COUPLE OF OTHER RETAILERS WHO HAVE LESS RESTRICTIVE RETURN POLICIES BUT THE SAME MERCHANDISE.

THIS IS FRAUD TO TAKE SOMETHING BACK TO A STORE WHERE IT WASN'T PURCHASED. I ASKED WHEN WE REGISTERED WHAT THE RETURN POLICY WAS AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS NO PROBLEM TO RETURN ITEMS PURCHASED ON THE REGISTRY WITH OUT A RECEIPT.

Jared R Jun 17, 2008

People who type in all caps sure do seem less intelligent and commit a type crime. Sorry you had a bad experience with Target…ours has been great.

• Ju
    justice is good Jul 06, 2010

I purchased a Nintendo Wii ($200) on the Target Wedding Registry. The couple was sent a toddler's toy barn (valued at about $15-$20) instead of the Wii, but the invoice still said Nintendo Wii and I had paid for the Nintendo Wii. The bride & groom did not open their wedding gifts until the night of the wedding and so they were unaware that Target sent the wrong item until then. Target refuses to take back the item and provide the correct item because it was paid for over 90 days ago, even though it was still in the box and still with the Nintendo Wii receipt. I just paid $200 for this little kids toy. This is a case of fraud. I since have spoken with several other people and have found out that this wedding registry scam by Target has happened to several people.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices