Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

Complaints & Reviews

Target National Bank Redcarddouble charged on red card, and credit limit reduced

Double charged, credit limit reduced to laughable rate, and poor excuse for inappropriate actions taken by Target RedCard (Target National Bank). And please note, this was all for a double charge that was under $100.00.

Signed up with Target RedCard about 2 and a half years ago. Recently I received a phone call from a collector that I had an outstanding fee that had not been paid in over two months. I am on e-notification, so there was no mail notification, and for some reason, after over a year of being on e-notification, I do not receive the e-notifications.

It is over 2 months later I receive a phone call from a collector asking about the bill, and I explain that I never received notification in the first place. What is more surprising is that I check my payments history from my bank and I had already paid the bill about half a month early.

So I was double charged, and to top it off they decided to reduce my credit limit to under 1000. So not only did they steal money, they lowered my limit and messed with my credit to debt ratio. And I might add that the amount that I really didnt owe was under $100.00.

Steer clear of using this credit card.

Targetdouble payment required in 1 month

I rec a statement for a payment due on march 1, I had to call about reversing a charge and was told that another payment is due by march 29. Although feb. Has 28 days, I fell as though they should have made some kind of adjustment re payment due. I have not received a new statement re the second pymt for march. This is how they will get you for more fees (Late). I am glad that I called them otherwise I would not have been aware of another pymt due. Forget trying to reach someone on the corporate side, there are no numbers for consumers to reach anyone except cust. Serv. (3 calls were ans.In india) I am cutting my card.

• Wh

Assistant:
        Denise May
        Denise.[protected]@target.com
        [protected]

Phone numbers for his direct reports, inside...

Bart Butzer, VP Stores: [protected]
        Stacia Andersen, President TSS: [protected]
        Tim Baer, EVP General Counsel: [protected]
        Tory Risch, EVP Stores: [protected]

Target National Bankovercharged

At Christmas time I went to into Target where they talked me into applying for the RedCard. At the time I had in hand two prepaid Visa Cards from work (gift cards). I was purchasing a few gifts one being a printer. At checkout time, the girl rang up the printer and was about to ring up the smaller items when she said I could not use my prepaid gift cards along with the Redcard 10% off promotion.

I told her no way, I wanted to use my gift cards, obviously! She did not know what to do so she had to go get help to back off the charge and they were all confused on how to do it.

So finally we thought they had it all figured out and they rang up the printer along with the other items and I paid for them with my two gift cards leaving a small balance on one of them. I never thought anything of it until...

February 20 or thereabouts I receive a bill. Not only is it charging me for the printer, which I paid with on my cash gift card but it is also charging me late fees for not paying on a previous statement of which I never received-I also never received the RedCard.

When I called Target about this they stated that they indeed had sent the card to the wrong address but said they had sent the statement to the corrected address. Which I doubt as I did not receive it or I would been able to catch this erroneous error at that time.

They are saying because it is over 30 days they cannot go back to video to watch the transaction and are trying to say that I purchased a printer on the Target card at 8:46 PM then went back into the store and purchased another printer along with other items at 9:13 PM. The time lapse is because the checker (s) didn't apparently know how to back out the original charge.

I am disputing it with them but I was told that because of the time lapse and being over 30 days (because I never rec'd a statement prior to Feb) I would probably have to pay the charges. This printer is not worth twice what I paid plus the 29.00 late fee that I am not responsible because they sent all information to the wrong address.

• Mi
          Mix Feb 25, 2009

Over a year ago I set up automatic payments on target.com for three months. after the second payment plan i notice that my bill included late fees, so I called target and they stated that they never received a payment and that there system didn't show an automatic payment online. So I believed them thinking it might of been user error but after the second time that I received a late payment I knew something was wrong. Again I called and again I receive horrible customer service with hang ups reps being rude and of course I being the cause of error on why I received two late fees.

After many phone calls and many transfers I talk to a technical rep that helped me out with paying my late payment of 2 months and finding the reason why my payments weren't going through; There system wasn't accepting my bank routing number and they had to put it in themselves in order for it to work. Since the issue was targets fault I asked for them to credit the late fees and to also write in that this issue was theres so that my credit score wouldn't fall. It did I wrote into all of the credit companies and they couldn't fix the issue, so now i am screwed on my score with 3 late payments and a canceled account that was canceled by target without my consent.

Marian Olaya Feb 25, 2009

The Target National bank want to increase the APR and cash advance, they dont care people have excellent credit, that is not fair, If somebody have this credit card with Target National bank Please cancel, they want take our money, that economic is very bad for us give money to that bank right now. This is ABUSE

Lee Apr 02, 2009

I received a little notice from Target National Bank informing me that they were going to raise my rate to 18.9. It has been 15.9. Now this may not seem like much but it is for no reason at all. I have always paid on time...never ever late. I have always paid over the minimum. I am writing this to inform others to check their interest rates. I have written them a letter opting out of their new rate and closing my account. I despise sneaky, underhanded practices which punish those of us that bust our tails to pay their bills on time.

• Ms
          ms. il Apr 27, 2009

I had applied for an target card and to my suprise the bank raise my credit limit up to 300.00 more dollars. I stated to the woman that I never gave permission to have my credit limit increase and she stated that but I was making my payment on time then thats why they raise it. I then told her to lower my credit limit back to where it was and she stated that once I make an payment then to contact them back and we could lower the credit limit back to where it was. to my suprise it did not happen and I receive an statement in the mail for over 800.00 in fees.

• Ba
          bambam4LSU Aug 15, 2009

Target sucks, first some # that operates their website, let it get hacked, now I have to enter 5 yes 5 freaking security questions.. wtf 5 come on, one your incompetent people cant do their job, fired that person or persons, then some educated idiot, woke up one morning thinking, I will raise all redcard holder, I mean all... what a dumbazz i'm done with you target, I could have seen this from walmart but from target... I hope target has to file for bankruptcy.. the ceo's jet crashes, and what other evil things that can happen, just like target chit on all their customers...

Target Store — refusing to fill a prescription

I am a 60 year old woman who suffers from a lot of pain due to fibromyalgia, and am treated by a Dr. in...

Targetdiscrimination

Today I went into a Target store to purchase several things one of which was a game for my daughter. When I arrived in electronics there were also two other laters their waiting to be helped. One of them looked for a sale associate and when he arrived he opened the case to get them a Wii Game and handed it to them. I asked him if he could help me and he opened another case for the Nintendo DS games. After looking at one, my daughter decided to get a Super Mario game. The sales associate held onto the game and then asked me if I would like to pay for it now or if I had some more shopping to do? I told him that I had some more shopping and he told me that I would have to pick it up at "Guest Services." I said, "I have to walk up to guest services and pick it up?" He told me that I could just go to the checkout stand and tell them that I needed it.
        After this I looked at my oldest daughter and she looked said. We are African American and I can honestly say that this is the first time my 13 year old daughter has seen this type of behavior. I am saddened that I had to explain this to her and tell her that this does still exist. I wrote a complaint on a card but will this happen to someone else? And what was the reason that this little kid felt I needed to be treated like this?

• Am
            amanda822 Mar 17, 2009

As an employee of Target, I can say with confidence thee employee was probably not discriminating against you because of your race, it's actually store policy to make sure electronics that are locked up are payed for at the electronics boat. The electronics employee is also req'd to notify the GSTL (mngr at cash registers) when a TV is being taken up and whether the customer payed for it or not.

It's not uncommon to find empty electronics game/DVD cases in other areas of the store. They're items that are of high value and are stolen very often.

Lemmy Oct 22, 2009

This is exactly the reason why people become racist. It seems that more often than not, minorities jump to racism as an excuse to be pissed off before they ask someone why this happened. If you were that concerned, you should've asked to speak with the store manager. This is what the store manager would say:

It is policy to ensure that no one walks around the store with an unpaid for item that has been locked up. This includes game consoles, iPods, games, and some gaming accessories. If the sales associate just handed you the game and let you walk around with it while you continued to shop, what would be the point in locking it up in the first place? It must be purchased at the time of unlocking it or it must be kept under the supervision of an employee. The only reason the guy handed the game to the other person is because more than likely the other person already told the guy that he wanted to purchase the game right away. So you need to shut your mouth and stop calling people racist when they're not, because it's ### like this that makes others racist. It's called reverse racism.

Target Pharmcyvery rude staff

In over 15 yrs of using various pharmacies such as Walgreens, Walmart, Cvs and Target I have never dealt with such rude very difficult pharmacy staff especially the pharmacist at the Target pharmacy in Ocala Florida. It is hard enough to work long hours and commute over 450 miles a week but then to be treated like they are doing you a favor by answering your question ( on at leat 3-4 different times )and waiting on you is absolutely outrageous. As soon as my new insurance kicks in I plan on transferring my prescription over to Walgreens where they are always courteous and helpful although they are even busier. I will never deal with a Target pharmacy again. They should be canned and replaced by people who are grateful to have a job.

Target Store — employee treatment

I worked at Target for quite a while. They put on a front that you are working in a happy atmosphere, but...

Target And Ez Towing — shopping at target can get your car towed

Watch out when you park at Target. You might get your car towed with EZ towing. They are working together...

Target Corporation — mistreated employee and mistreated guests of store

I worked for target, for almost a year, after getting my first raise, a horrid 19 cents from working hard...

Target — laid off

I was hired in November 2008, working as a instock team, working so hard, because a lot staff was very heavy...

Targetunauthorized billing

Target had their Britax Marathon convertible carseats on their website advertised for $42.99 ( there was another Britax car seat listed for $59.99). I immediately placed my order. My order has since been canceled due to a 'pricing error' on their part. Target claims that if they list a price for less than what an item is worth then they have the right to cancel your order. I think this is an unacceptable company policy. They do not have to own up to the prices they advertise online. If this had happened in the store they would have had to honor this price to the customer. I was even sent a confirmation letter confirming my order and listing my shipment date. The next day Target sends me another email stating they are canceling my order and offering me the car seat for $279.99.

Notahappycamper Mar 02, 2009

Have you tried contacting your state agency regarding this practice? Or even the BBB? If they are not allowed to do this then the agency will fix it for you. I once had an issue with Ames and the weekly flyer that had great deals that were never actually available in the store. After I went to the BBB they called me and told me to buy the item at another store and they would reimburse me.

Target — unfair to there employee

I have work for target now for 1 yr and 4 months in the starbucks dept. And I also do cashier when need it...

Target Van Linesfraud and scam

I contracted with Zip to Zip Moving and Storage in June 2007, they moved some of my belongings from Boca Raton to Ft Lauderdale and the rest of my stuff was wrapped up and placed into storage. About a year later my payments were not being cashed, I researched it and found out their name and address had changed to Target Van Lines. They assured me that my belongings were just fine. In November 2008, my check again was not cashed. I have been unable to contact Target Van Lines, all telephone numbers have been disconnected, their web site no long exists and none of the Company Principles listed in SunBiz can be located by the telephone numbers listed. I do not know where the warehouse is to retrieve my stuff. I do not know what to do next. HELP!!!

• Be
                  Beth Greenberg Oct 08, 2008

lost merchandise, broken merchandise, price increase after the fact. Never returns calls, number no longer answers

• Mo
                  Movers Suck Jan 29, 2009

Target Van Lines - awful in all areas!

I have found the US Dot # listed for Target Van Lines and the MC # listed for Target Van Lines now assuming business under the names of Moving Explorer and 123 Movers!

I am now beginning my quest for claim on damage to my belongings which were delivered. I have had some trouble due to the phone number being disconnected.

I hope that no one chooses Moving Explorer or 123 Movers!

PS. before choosing a mover - do not choose a mover that has US DOT # 1550967 or MC # 577165!

Target Corporationhostile work environment

Where can I file a complaint I indicated to store managers about various issues, and nothing was done. Due to the hostile work environment I was in, I ended up resigning.

I want to send a detailed letter to Target indicating all the issues that were overlooked.

I can go into details, but will, only when someone requests information.

Any information would be appreciated.

My spouse also is in management at Target. Therefore, I couldn't go to HR or ethics due to the fact it would jeopardize her position.

Please help... I don't know where I should be going with this.

email me: [protected]@aol.com

Manatieno Aug 12, 2011

Be very careful since company executives are continously on the "hunt" and most of them cannot be trusted. I recommend to find other employment or contact a lawyer who can best advise you on what to do. Good luck

Targetdefective merchandise and no compensation

In Dec 2007, about a week after Christmas, I went to Target to buy an Animated Penguin for my yard for the following Christmas. I did this because it was 50% off with it being an after Christmas clearance sale.. All Christmas items and decorations were 50% off. The box was completly sealed with packing tape and didn't look anything out of the ordinary. Because it was factory sealed or so I assumed, when I got it home, I stored it up in my attic unopened till this Christmas. When we took it out of the box, the penguin was missing it's head. I was very upset and went to Target to see what could be done. I was told that Target has a strict 90 day return policy. I explained that it was sealed and bought after xmas last year and I didn't know of the defect till this Christmas. I was told there was nothing that could be done. I was not offered any type of exchange, store credit or gift card. Nothing. It was not my fault that it was missing its head. My husband got so mad, he threw it in the dumpster when we got home. After all the years shopping at Target, this is what I get. No customer satisfaction, no effort to make it right. I have shared my bad ordeal with others so that they may beware of Targets bad policy and non attempt to make right of a bad situation. I used to love Target, now I will make it my very last resort to shop at and that's if I'm desparate.

• Mi
                      mikey44 Sep 02, 2009

Dear Target
                      My name is Michael Chapman
                      Recently i oredered several shirts from Target by mail..When they arrived some were damaged or cut like some factory defect..I wasn't happy..I am disabled and i order clothing online alot of times..I had never been dissapointed with Target products and love what they offer in so many cattergorys..I don't want a refund..I don't want to return or replace the damaged goods..I just will never order online from Target company in the future..I'm the type of personality that dosn't want the hassle of returning things ..I expected to recieve what i saw when i ordered the products..I just thought Target should know..And yes i will continue shopping at your store..But will not order anything online..So that limits how often i will be shopping..And i had to post my complaint here sence there is no way to reach Target otherwise..And no i will not wait on the phone for hours while you find every way to get out of sending shoddy products
                      Thanks for listening
                      Michael chapman

Target Stores — check was rejected

I was doing some Christmas shopping at Target. At the checkout I wrote a check for the amount of purchase...

Target Corporation — false advertising

The two day sale flyer for the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving 2008 advertised a 2 gig thumb drive. It...

Target — rude worker

I'm sure most of you know about the economy in the US and let me tell you I live in Cape Coral, FL, one...

Targettarget card

Signing up for any Target registry is a bad idea, and signing up for a Target card is even worse. I purchased items at Target in Alpharetta, Ga. on Sept. 10, 2008 for my terminally ill sister. I was able to use her AmerX card for the transaction and sign for her in her absence. The lady checking me out asked if my sister would like a Target card, and said I could fill out the application for my sister, only if I gave up all my own pertinent identification for the process, and then she proceded to change the transaction to be applied to my sister's store account, I thought. I realized I had been duped on October 6 when I recieved a new Target card and a bill for $254 for my sister's purchases. I already had a Target card, why would I need another one? It is reprehensible that Target would take advantage of my vulnerability at that time, 700 miles away from home, taking care of a dying sister and outrageously lie, and lure me into opening a store account, for what I thought would be a justifiable act for my sister to make purchasing items easier. Target has refused to reverse the transaction back to my sister's AmerX card to be paid by her estate, she died on Sept. 16 2008.

• Li
                        Little Miss Sunshine Aug 25, 2009

So you're blaming an enitre company over what one idiot cashier did?

• Ga
                        Gamerdude Aug 27, 2009

comment above + why are you getting a credit card for someone who is going to die

• St
                        stafox Mar 29, 2010

You're complaining about a Target cashier taking over for your vulnerabililty? Such total lies and slander. Sounds like you were interested in the 10% off discount for applying for a Target Red Card, which you surprinsingly fail to mention in your post. Look lady, we all know you just wanted that additional discount because why else would you apply for some random Target Red Card without knowing the perks?

You should be blaming yourself for not taking the responsiblity of what a credit card will do to you instead of blaming someone else for your responsibility.

Also, it's pretty sad that you're using your sister's death in vain just to get people to feel sorry for you.

Good job being a terrible sister.

• Wo
                        wooda Apr 20, 2010

Target fans and apologists, Target has tons of complaints, 'Where there's smoke, there's fire.

• Mj
                        MJ Heckler May 14, 2010

Target is a crummy retailer IMHO, if you have a problem with Target call the CEO and his assistant

Gregg.[protected]@target.com
                        fax: [protected]

Assistant:
                        Denise May
                        Denise.[protected]@target.com

Targetgift receipt

Beware of buying gifts at Target! I purchased a Leathman tool at Target for a Xmas gift. I requested a gift receipt and taped it to the back of the box. The next day I changed my mind about the gift and took it back to the store. I didn't bother to dig out the regular receipt...figured the gift receipt was enought. They informed me that they could only give me a GIFT card because I had a GIFT receipt. I was blown away. The gift receipt shows where, when and for how much the item was purchased for...so want is the hold up? Target is misleading customers with their gift receipt policy...it is underhanded and wrong. It isn't a gift receipt...it is a gift exchange slip.

• Je
                          Jenna Apr 27, 2009

Hey, before you get all huffy just lemme tell you something about Target receipts...

When you make a return at Target, they usually pay you back in the same form you paid them. For example: You pay for something in cash...you get cash back. You use a check...you get cash back after the check clears. (you get store credit before it clears.) You use a credit card...you get money back on your credit card.

Now let's say you buy a gift, and the person returns it. What good is it for them if YOUR card gets a credit? If it's a gift, usually it's bought by someone else, so there's no need for Target to credit the credit card.

It sounds to me like you're just mad because you didn't think to bring the original receipt.

Not Target...YOU!!! You made a mistake, and now you're complaining about Target, because why? Because you're a whiny baby that's why...

Lemmy Oct 22, 2009

Yeah..your fault. Should've kept your original receipt. This is in place to keep people from having their refund credited back to whoever gave them the gift. Stupid ###er.