Synchrony BankClosing of all accounts

I Sep 21, 2020 Review updated:

I had the Amazon, Lowes, TJmax, Paypal, Ebay mastercard, GAP, and Cathy Pacific total around 80K in credit. Out of the blue, all cards was canceled on 9/17. I found out by embarrass myself in the store when it was declined. All payments were made on time and never late. I don't even carry any balance (who wants to pay the high interest they charge). After 20 mins on the phone with a services rep who barely speak English and she told me I am a "High Risk customer". A High Risk ? I paid all my bills on time and been a customers for years and years. Synchrony don't just give anybody 80, 000 in credit because they are high risk.

I think it is not a good way to treat a customer by cancel the line with out any notice. Maybe it is legal or maybe is not for the bank to do that but it is very bad for business or to retain the customers. Nevertheless, I hope an ambulance chasing attorney would start a class action against Synchrony.

Maybe Synchrony forgets there are many other banks issue credit card too.

Jolyn Hughes Dec 09, 2020

Actually they closed all 4 credit card accounts I held with them that had never been past due, or not paid off in full every month! Pretty pissed off. I do not see how this is fair. It lowers a consumer's credit score and seems rather unethical when you are paying your debt in full with each monthly statement or before!!

Jolyn Hughes Dec 08, 2020

Just had the same thing happen to me. I had a Synchrony Premier Mastercard that I used regularly. Kept it paid off. I think it was closed due to building up cash back and never paying them a dime of interest. Even though the card was advertised as unlimited cash back. They closed it and said it was because I was high risk? High risk for what? Paying my bills and not owing a bunch of debt! GRRRRRRRRRR

• Ji
    Jim1048 Dec 07, 2020

This is a disgusting company with no clue as to customer service. I closed 2 accounts with them and will not deal with vendors who issue their credit cards.

• La
    Lala Ward Dec 03, 2020

I have a credit card holder for well over 20 years — a lot of these cards are carried by synchrony bank, recently my pc richards card which has not been used in 2 years but has a balance I have been paying has been closed, saying I am high risk. as of today my old navy card which has not been used since february has been closed once again by synchrony bank-the card held no balance. this is disgusting I have been a cardholder for many years making payments on time. this closing of these card will affect my credit. now what?