Subwayvery embarrassing situation

S

My son and I ordered a meatball sub and a glass of water and sat down to eat when I had counted my change from a $20 and there was only $13.08 left, so I made sure the footlong was $5 and went back up to ask for a receipt, He said he did not have one. So I said why was it $7 and he said I had water, and the cup he gave me was a small clear 6 oz solo cup, not a subway cup, no lid or straw and charged me $1.50, gave me 2, I assumed it was free since it was a clear cup and didn't notice at the time I had paid $1.50 for these very small water cups, I order water at other establisments all the time and if they do charge for water it is in one of their cups which for a fair price I do not mind paying for. So after that I told him I did not want it, he told me you already put water in it and would not give me my money back, he was very very rude and laughing at me and told me no. Then I said if I am going to pay please give me one with a lid and straw and he said no. After being sooooo rude, I then said I do not want the sandwich either just give me my money back for everything. He said no. So then I tried to sit and eat and was just getting very angry and we left. As I was driving away I just kept getting more angry and went back and pulled right up front and went in. He instantly picked up the phone and called the cops again and said you are not allowed in here ever again. I asked him fine just give me the money back for the water and he would not do it, so I took a dollar from him and walked out. I know I should have handled or could have handled it a little better but I was infuriated and very very embarrassed in the way they treated me and just wanted my money back, I never cussed him but wanted to. This was a very embarrassing situation that could have been avoided if he would have just given me a receipt or given me my money back for the water, the sandwich was thrown away because I was too upset. This may not be a big deal to some people and I may drag some things out but I feel I was robbed, he also only gave 2 napkins with a meatball sub which if you eat the meatball know you have to have more, he gave me one more and said thats all he could do, that is absoulutely ridiculous, just thought I would throw that in also. This whole situation is soooo ridiculous and am still so angry and this was 10 hours ago.

• Ky
    KyleRiley Nov 15, 2012

@Sailon: $1.50 is obsurd. At the Subway I work at, when/if we charge for cups it's only 10cents before tax. And as for the 2 napkins rule? If a customer asks for more the employee is suppose to give more. It's rude and greedy on the part of the franchisee to tell their employees anything otherwise.

Thay being said, this complaint is very hard to believe.

sailon7119 Feb 28, 2012

By the way. the rules are give 2 napkins per sandwich

sailon7119 Feb 28, 2012

I work at a subway and They have every right to charge for the cup. they have to payy for the cup don't they. each subway chooses their own prices. Bring your own cup next time. You should never assume it's free.

• ChristineInNorthFlorida Nov 16, 2011

It seems unusual that you didn't get a receipt and then have the cashier claim there isn't one. I'm guessing he wasn't supposed to charge you for the cups and then pocketed the $1.50. The receipt probably shows no cups were purchased. Many, many (1984-my 1st job) years ago when I worked at McDonald's, there was an employee who, while working the drive thru, would inflate the total on large orders and keep the extra money for himself. Yes he was caught and fired.

• ShanaNicole Nov 16, 2011

i dont know but this complaint was funny