Sonic Drive - Inruined my car interior

N Review updated:

I ordered a Rt 44 Sweet Tea from the local Sonic Drive-in at Superstition Springs in AZ. I'm extremely upset about this because I'm driving in a nice brand new 2009 Chevy Avalanche with a pristine, off the factory line interior that had not even one speck of dirt on it at this point. The person who handed me my cup had wrapped a napkin around it which made it hard for me to notice that it was leaking. There must have been a huge defect in the cup because when I took it out of the cup holder, that little napkin band-aid that the ignorant employee slapped on there gave way and the entire cup split in half, leaving my beautiful new truck interior covered in a syrupy brown mess. I was also soaked but I didn't care so much about that, I'm easily washable. My truck isn't so easy to clean all of the upholstery, floor boards and console. I have to spend all this money to get the interior cleaned and I am royally PO'd. I'm sure if their employee wouldn't have wrapped a napkin around the cup they obviously knew was leaking and defective, this wouldn't have happened. I didn't think much of it at the time since employees often wipe off the cups or hand them to you with napkins. On top of all this, I call the store this happened at and their manager was rude an unapologetic saying they are not responsible - and trying to call their 800 number to reach someone at corporate has been a nightmare as well. The phone rings once and goes fast-busy. I will continue calling and sending letters to corporate until I get someone to listen to me and my cleaning bill paid for my brand new truck. Otherwise I am going to post this story everywhere I can and at [redacted], so everyone knows their stance on this situation; if the employees give you a drink in a defective cup don't expect them to give a damn about what property they ruin. Anyone who gets a nice new car they worked so hard for should be able to relate to how upsetting this is. To have your spotless new car interior wrecked by a wage slaves carelessness, and adding insult to injury the manager doesn't give a damn and you can't seem to get a hold of corporate.

• N
      Jun 19, 2009

I have to amend my complaint here. How ironic that I get someone higher up in their company to talk with me the same day I post this to the internet, after weeks of trying. I wanted to add that finally I got in touch with the DM and he was wonderful, he really sympathized with me and handled the situation in a way that satisfied me. This employee has been fired since the incident happened and I'm assuming for having numerous complaints about their ineptitude. I'm certain I can't take credit for that, even though it would make me even happier to know that this ### paid for my truck with their job (and good luck finding somewhere to work in this economy - HA!)
    They offered me free drinks, and I really ought to go down there just to rub it in the idiot store manager's face that YES, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY PROPERTY DAMAGE. However, I'm not going to patronize the place ever again, I'm not going to take the chances of having my drinks spit into. Having my cleaning bill paid for was more than enough. As far as the comments go - for one, I was never uncivil or disrespectful when dealing with the employees l in anyway even after they were rude - I'm not going to take that from anyone, and I'm just calling spade a spade so disgruntled wage slave sounds a perfect description to me.
    My parents didn't pay for my truck or my cleaning bill - I bought my own truck and Sonic paid the cleaning bill so you can go [censored] yourselves both. My parents don't pay my way, I'm college educated and have a real career, I think I have earned the right to be pissed off when a lowly wage slave is rude to me and through THEIR carelessness ruins the interior of my beautiful truck that I busted my ### to earn.
    I hope you get screwed over someday and someone tells you the same things you just said to me. Since I'm sure you're dregs of society, no manager would even take you seriously if this happened to you at a fast food place, you'd just look like another bum trying to cop a free meal. Think before you leave a stupid comment on someone's complaint. A word of advice if you don't want to look like a 13 year old boy fresh from the 4chan forums or a sick individual with a warped mind & sense of humor who thinks child abuse is funny, you should pick a different name than "ipunchbabies"

• M
      Jun 19, 2009

I'm gonna have to go against the grain here and say I would've given that employee a piledriver they would not have soon forgotten.

• N
      Jun 19, 2009

I don't give a damn what any of you say, I don't need to prove myself to any of you low-lives sitting around making rude comments about someone you don't even know. This site is a joke compared to others like it, its more of a kids trolling and chat forum based on this and several other complaints I read. I am sticking with real sites like [redacted] from now on, and would advise any potential new posters to this forum reading this to do the same. You guys can keep posting garbage amongst yourselves for whatever reason, because I come off like a ###, you're jealous that I'm successful, or maybe I have struck a nerve with a lot of you making the comment about wage slaves. It doesn't really matter to me. The bottom line is: I won, the customer was right (as always) so I'm done with it.

I'm not sure if there's any way to remove a complaint from this website or if it stays up here like [redacted], if that is the case then I have to add the following:

I am retracting my complaint against Sonic Drive-In and this particular location. The DM I spoke with was very courteous and the situation was settled much to my approval. I apologize for the virulence in my original post directed toward Sonic employees, but not at the posters on this forum. I no longer have any resentment whatsoever toward Sonic/its employees/ etc after my concerns were addressed, and withdraw my comments about this store. I will not be updating this board again.

• M
      May 02, 2010

BAHAHAHAHAH Serves you right. I hope your interior was super expensive to clean. if you would of came to my store, I would of straight up laughed in your face. I hope you feel good about someone losing their job over a stupid hole in your cup...youre a monster.