Having problems with Sixt?

Sixt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2008. The latest review Fraud was posted on May 26, 2021. The latest complaint reembolso reserva cancelada was resolved on Apr 04, 2017. Sixt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 219 reviews. Sixt has resolved 42 complaints.

Sixt Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 749 8227 (United States)
+44 844 248 6620 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 352 030 (Ireland)
+43 810 977 424 (Austria)
+32 70 225 800 (Belgium)
+420 222 324 995 (Czech Republic)
+45 32 481 100 (Denmark)
+39 665 2111 (Italy)
+31 235 698 656 (Netherlands)
+351 217 998 701 (Portugal)
+40 372 372 005 (Romania)
+41 848 884 444 (Switzerland)
+973 17 711 770 (Bahrain)
+966 12 197 171 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 239 566 (Singapore)
+27 112 309 990 (South Africa)
+82 234 520 001 (South Korea)
+94 112 870 870 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 932 300 (Thailand)
+54 114 815 2223 (Argentina)
+59 829 032 267 (Uruguay)
Zugspitzstraße 1

145 Soseaua Bucuresti-Ploiesti, 1 Bucharest, 013686 Romania

Russia
Leninskij prospect, 113/1, office 706C, 117198 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Calle del Canal de Sant Jordi 29, Local 2, Poligono son Oms, 07610 Palma de Mallorca

Sweden

Cumhuriyet Bulvari № 141a, 35220 Alsancak, Izmir - Turkey

Bahrain
P.O. Box 75104 Manama - Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain

China
Room 2316, Jiaxin Building, Jinsha Road № 92, Jinping District, 515041, Shantou, PR China

India
Kochuveedu, H. №AMC/13/680, Chandanakkavu, Pazhaveedu, Alappuzha Dist - 688009, Kerala State, India

Qatar

Peru

Av. La Paz Nro. 745 Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru

Uruguay
Mercedes 1422 Bis, 11200, Montevideo, Uruguay

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sixt Customer Service. Initial Sixt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sixt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sixt. Discuss the issues you have had with Sixt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sixt Complaints & Reviews

Sixt.commy deposit not refunded

Greetings!

I would just like to inquire about my supposed to be refund from my deposit during my availed car rental service in your turkey MARMARIS branch.
I payed 1, 500.00 TL and was advised that this amount will be refunded in my account. This does not reflect in my account's report up to now.

attached herewith is the contract and receipt during the said transaction.

Would appreciate any refund information.

Mr. Ahmed AL Subhi

my deposit not refunded
my deposit not refunded

SIXT Car Rental Madeira — unauthorised upgrade charges

SIXT Funchal Madeira Rental agreement - 424830 Reservation number - 471554-1 I travel globally and thru out...

Sixt.comunauthorized credit card charges

I have rent a car with sixt at porto airport, from 30 of may till 6th june.
    On the 2 of august sixt rent a car mouriz took 6, 60 € from my credit card, without any explanation.
    I want to know why.
    Sorry for my english, being french.
    I tried to phone at your agency in porto airport, but never succeed.
    P. Taillandier
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    18 rue de la haute noë rocard
    44120 vertou france
    Tél [protected]

Sixt.comcar rental

I have made an online reservation to rent a car from August 11th till August 15th. I went to the agency and at the first moment the SIXT representative tried to give me an inferior car. Not same category as I have payed for. So I had to ask him to change it. After I did it, i noticed he got a little mad. Ok so far. But he said that he would strongly advise that I would take extra insurance. I said that the car would not be used. Only would take it and leave at the hotel parking. He tried very much to sell me this extra insurance and I said not. This doesnt make sense to me. If I said no, is no. But ok. I took the vehicle all by myself at the Hotel (Double Tree, where the car were parked), no one went with me, I had to find the car all by myself, find the exact floor, it was really uncomfortable, but after 10 minutes, I could find it, went for my destination, the car stayed parked at the Hotel all the time. Then I went back to the hotel to deliver the car at the agreed time . There was no representative of the company. I went to the hotel, the same place where I took the car on the first day, and asked if the SIXT representative were there. The receptionist told me that I should park the car exactly where I took and give her the keys and document of the vehicle, along with the parking ticket. I waited a few moments hoping that someone from SIXT would appear, but the door was closed and lights turned on. As I took the vehicle at that location and I had a contract to follow, delivering the vehicle at that time and at that location, I left the car. Next day, AT THE END OF THE DAY I received an email from SIXT representative saying that he would charge me 223 EUR extra considering a 'new' scratch that he found.
      First of all, there was no new scratch at the vehicle, it was quite impossible to happen considering the location that the car stayed parked the whole time (no cars next to the passenger side). And I checked the vehicle when I took the car from the parking anyway.
      Second, I was not present once he made the second report and it is not right simply say that he found a new scratch. That door was already damaged, nothing new was found. But anyway he charged my credit card UNFAIRLY. I am sending this message because after I disagreed with the charges he was really sarcastic and ironic with me by email saying that if I didn't want extra charges I should have taken the extra insurance. That moment I realized that it was planned since the beginning or something related. The only thing I know is that I didnt do ANY damage to the vehicle. I even CLEANED the vehicle that was a mess, the child chair was DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY and I cleaned. Now he is saying this, it is really sad to break with reputation of a whole company because of this.
      I will go to the police since this is fraud to me. And I will not accept to be part of it. My money is fruit of my work, I dont simply give to fraudulence activities.

Sixt.com — sixt rent a car in france

Booked for a car 25 days prior to departure with sixt rent a car in Basel French side 5 days prior to...

Sixt.comrental car/ insurance

I rented a car in France and purchased the LDW. Our car stalled on us while i was parking and I scratched the side of the car against a rail. Meanwhile the car they gave us had the oil light and inspection light on from the minute we got it but figured hey SIXT wouldn't give us a crappy car. Well they did and now they expect me to pay 1, 376.00 Euros for scratches on a door this is so unreasonable. Meanwhile the guys who did my paperwork said I would be covered because I purchased the LDW.

Sixt.com — charged for pre-existing damage

Belfast, Northern Ireland. Rented the cheapezt economy car available. Turned down the extra insurance they...

Sixt.comrental a car in portugal

I rented a car on travel city website and was a Audi A1 without GPS. As soon as I arrived at the Sixt counter, they offered another car with GPS where I paid more than double to have it.

My first time that I used the car and I needed GPS, it did not work and I needed to pay data on my phone, otherwise I won’t reach my destination.

As soon as I returned the car I explained my issues inside the car and I asked several times for them check it and they did not checked on the time that I asked for, also Rodolfo Fernandes told that it would be solved with success.

I returned the car on 27th June and after I called to Sixt over 15days and talk with Iva from Customer Services, Paula Amaral from finance and the last one Silvi Moreira. I got the negative answer where she said that they checked the car and did not find any issues. How is it possible to check something after 15 days?? I feel very dissapointed and I never ever will rent a car at Sixt. I spent extra EUR126, 00 without any needing.

It showed that Sixt do not respect the client and from my side, I won't advice anyone to rent a car with Sixt again.

Sixt Car Rental Phoenix AZ.rented a car

I reserved a car for 195.00 for 2 days, got to the airport to pick it up, they wanted 500.00 deposit to rent the car I didn't have the extra 500.00 so I told them to forget it and they charged me for the car they said there was no refund because they offered me a down grade for the same price as the premium car price I originally reserved with a deposit of just 250.00 which I still refused so that justified them charging me for the car that I didn't even rent! This is highway robbery I don't know how this car company can get away with this seriously, seems they can do whatever they want so wrong!!! They took 195.00 and I didn't even rent a car!!! Rip off. I hope people check out this companies reviews before they rent a car from them.

Sixt.com — supposed damage on rental car

rental agreement A4200077354 agent cartrawler get voucher; CY717746640 ask several times now for the photo...

Sixt.comdispute over payment of claim over a fully insured vehicle — rental agreement number or reference - [protected]

Rental agreement number or reference- [protected]

Issue
              1. I had rented a car (Mercedes Benz) from your company for a weekend camping trip.

2. This car was fully insured (including tyre and glass). Unfortunately it had a flat tyre while at the campsite over a weekend.

3. There was no backup tyre and no tools available in the car to fix the problem.

4. I reached out to you over the phone twice on how to handle this situation.

5. You confirmed that there is no SIXT support available in Gerainger area over the weekend and alternatives have to be looked into.

6. You suggested the following:

a. Get the car fixed privately and submit the receipts. These receipts will be reimbursed since the vehicle is fully covered.

b. Try to contact Mercedes support.

7. You also suggested that since it's a weekend, you cannot provide any further assistance.

8. Finally I decided to hire a private service to fix the issue. The private company towed the car and fixed the flat tyre problem. The company charged the amount as follows:

a. Fixing flat tyre = 350 NOK

b. Towing charges = 3093 NOK

9. We have already submitted the original receipts while returning the vehicle on 26-Jun.

Dispute
              1. Since the vehicle was fully insured and the issue was discussed with you twice before calling for a private support, I expect that the expense to be covered in full.

2. You suggest that since we did not hire the towing service from Mercedes, we have breached the contract and are not liable to receive the coverage for towing the vehicle.

Sixt Car Rental — unauthorized credit card charge

My husband rented a car from the Palm Beach area two months ago. Sixt is claiming we had a parking ticket -...

Sixt.comreturn car

I made a reservation online and when I pick up the car I notify the representative that I was going to return thr car earlier. She did not inform me that the place would be clise neither in the door or agreement are pisted the operation hours. When I went to return the car to the place at 3am and place was close and I called the [protected] and was informed that it will be open at 6am. I missed my and my daughter flight. They do not have a drop off box. The lady showed up at 638. And she said they open at 8am. I am requesting a flight back home and the refund fof the retal. She walk away and left me and the baby outside.

Sixt.com — billing and customer services

Hi, I would like to formulate a complaint for Sixt car rental in Porto (BoaVista center) for car rental (x1...

Sixt.com — credit card charges

I reserved a car in March for June 11-17 through Kayak.com. In addition to the e-mail, I called to make sure...

Sixtcar transmission problem

We rented a car from sixt company in budapest with my friend. There was a problem in the car's gear, and it did not stop when we went back. They said it would not matter to us if we told this company and it was not a problem for you. We rented in the absence of alternative cars. At the moment we have paid 650 euro for gear problem. This is unacceptable.

Sixt — car rental

A hold was put on my credit card, but not lifted after returning the car, back in perfect order and recieving...

Sixt — rent a car

We’ve rented at least a hundred times from various rental car companies for business and leisure, and sixt i...

SIXT Croatia — deposit not returned

I rented a car in croatia/osijek on the 22.04.2017 returned the car on the 24.04.2017 paid for two...

Sixt.comsixt car rental phoenix az

Booked car over a month in advance Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and nothing in the class was available when we arrived after our 5 hour flight at 9AM. Due to the scope of our trip I upgraded.
                    Problems:
                    1. I declined additional coverage and was charged for it. After numerous emails with Customer service they refunded the monies.
                    2. On the second day of our trip 180 miles out of Phoenix the gas tank came on as being empty. We had just filled and traveled only 60 miles. In the middle of the dessert. I called in and was told to keep capping off the gas it probably was the gauge they could not bring a car to us. We did that throughout our 6 day trip.
                    When I returned I asked that the upgrade fee be waived and I just pay original rental agreement fee $795.
                    Several days latter I was advised by local branch there were no mechanical problems. I requested a copy of the mechanic report and emailed corporate. Corporate advised me the problem was found and the car was repaired.
                    Regardless they would not adjust my upgrade fee.
                    Several problems
                    1. No car available in my class after booking in advance.
                    2. Added coverage when I did not book it with reservation a month earlier and declined it at desk. Staying I had coverage on my car's insurance
                    3. Not able to provide a car replacement when mechanical problems were called in, when we were in the middle of the desert during rental.
                    4. When at the desk for rental the counter person demanded the upgrade car 4 times to SIXT garage. Did they know about problem?
                    5. Upon returning car I was told the following week the car was checked and had no problems. It wasn't until I pursued it with corporate asking for mehnical report, they advised me car was repaired.
                    To date I have been credited with additional coverage fee but not the upgrade fee I requested. You think they would wave all the fees given they did not replace a car with mechincal problems and had no concern for safety issues of our travel.
                    Less than ethical business practices at SIXT Sky Harbor Airport Phoenix.