Shaw Cableservice

M

I made the error in choosing Shaw as a land line provider. It has taken nearly a month for them to activate my cable at a new home. I have been without phone service other then cell for 11 days... no 911 service etc. I have been waiting for 4 hours for the installer to finally show up... its now 15 minutes until the end of the 4 hour window I was given and no one here yet. This company has a virtual monopoly if you live in a condo... virtually all condo's do not allow dish services and Telus has made no ingress to speak of in the cable market for condo's. Despite this they are allowed to provide totally inadequate service levels and customer service when you are finally able to contact them have a you have no options but us... so what you gonna do .. not have TV attitude that no other company could survive with ... unless they were allowed to have a monopoly.

• Ge
    Germaine Knipple Oct 20, 2015

I have been without phone service for two days, went to shaw office and was told they would send a repair man out. He must have taken the scenic tour as it is now 11:20 P.M and he never did show up. I wonder if I could pay my bill with such slowness.

• Al
    alina_brasov Jul 18, 2012

I had the same issues as last year with my cable TV. A few channels would not work; therefore, I called Shaw to report the problem. The person that I got on the phone was ok overall, but offended me...When she asked me if there is a "splitter" at the back of my cable box and I told her that I am not familiar with the term and to explain it to me, she asked to speak with somebody else in the household. I did tell her that I am not stupid, just to explain me what she means by that, as I do not use the word or know what it is. She could of course have chosen to speak with either my 5 year old son or 10 year old daughter...

It seems to be the mentality at Shaw, which I find offensive and quite degrading, even sexist. When the Technician came by he did fix the cable TV issue; however, when I mentioned an Internet ongoing problem to him (which I reported to Shaw before) he asked me if I have tried to sign in as the Admin and make some certain changes to the Settings of the Internet. Of course that if I knew how to do that or if I had done it, I would have not asked him, right? So when I told him that I am not sure what he is talking about and to try to explain it to me, he asked me if I have a husband or a guy around...Hmmm, so the bottom line is that in Shaw's books, a man would be a better fit to fix any of my problems (and just to make a point, I did have a husband for 13 years and he had no idea how to turn the computer on, I was actually the one figuring things out). In the end the Technician showed me the steps of what I have to do...

• Di
    Disgusted with Shaw Cable Aug 13, 2011

I waited 4 hours too and they never showed up.

I am disgusted with Shaw

• Co
    colin 3365 Aug 07, 2011

why is chanel 8 no longer a tv guide info chanel? will it be comming back or to a different chanel???

• Co
    colin 3365 Aug 07, 2011

no more canel 8 tv guide info????why??